PDA

View Full Version : Can the Russians host a "Safe and Secure" Winter Olympics?

ouwasp
12/31/2013, 01:36 AM
The radical mooslems are blowing themselves up again, and unfortunately causing others harm as they do it... but this time it's in Russia. Apparently a Chechen terrorist named Doku is asking fellow rads to cause much violence...the ESPN crawl sez the Russkies are promising a "Safe and Secure" Olympics. Whatever they call the KGB now is going to be putting in a lot of OT over the next couple months...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/12/29/russia-train-station-explosion/4239187/

badger
12/31/2013, 10:20 AM
This might sound naive, but there have always been threats from terrorists and others with every Olympic games, and there haven't been too many major security incidents in the past. I think the host countries are too afraid of being a worldwide embarrassment to let something happen.

Turd_Ferguson
12/31/2013, 10:45 AM
This might sound naive, but there have always been threats from terrorists and others with every Olympic games, and there haven't been too many major security incidents in the past. I think the host countries are too afraid of being a worldwide embarrassment to let something happen.

Sounds pretty naive...

badger
12/31/2013, 10:55 AM
Sounds pretty naive...

Yeah it does. :)

DrZaius
12/31/2013, 12:06 PM

You sir have not seen any russian driving dash cam videos. I am not sure they can stop anything short of 3 girls playing music in a ****ing church. I am expecting complete pandemonium over there for the winter games. Due to putin and human rights violations our country should not even be there, imo.

SoonerInFortSmith
12/31/2013, 12:27 PM

You sir have not seen any russian driving dash cam videos. I am not sure they can stop anything short of 3 girls playing music in a ****ing church. I am expecting complete pandemonium over there for the winter games. Due to putin and human rights violations our country should not even be there, imo.

He called badger sir. Huhuh.

yermom
12/31/2013, 01:10 PM
There are threats and then there are 30ish bodies 400 miles away

That's like Norman to Austin

badger
12/31/2013, 01:14 PM

I thought about the same about China. They had pollution problems, their abysmal human rights record is also notorious, and their government is just as corrupt. Then, China strongarmed everyone to their will and they hosted a successful games (aside from their star hurdler withdrawing after a false start)

Breadburner
12/31/2013, 03:12 PM
That ****hole has been out of control for awhile now.......!!

olevetonahill
12/31/2013, 06:40 PM
Dont Know, Dont much care.

DrZaius
12/31/2013, 08:12 PM
I thought about the same about China. They had pollution problems, their abysmal human rights record is also notorious, and their government is just as corrupt. Then, China strongarmed everyone to their will and they hosted a successful games (aside from their star hurdler withdrawing after a false start)

Not a bad point. I would argue that Russia probably does not have that kind of control over slavery...oops I mean people.

8timechamps
12/31/2013, 09:43 PM
China knows the blood type of every person entering or exiting their borders. Well, maybe not that specific, but they are probably the most secure country outside of North Korea when it comes to oversight. Russia is more like the US, with more leaky borders.

Since Russia hasn't been the top target for most terrorist groups, there have only been a few incidents that have been broadcast world wide. The Olympics are another story. It wouldn't be hard for an organization to do something over the course of the games. We'll see how serious about security they really are.

So far, everything I've read/researched about these games, the entire program has been a fiasco. From under-the-table money deals to displaced citizens, these games cover it all.

DrZaius
1/1/2014, 06:45 AM
So far, everything I've read/researched about these games, the entire program has been a fiasco. From under-the-table money deals to displaced citizens, these games cover it all.

The real fiasco is going to be Brazil....forget about the fact that it is a soccer tournament. It will be pure pandemonium when those games start, if they ever do.

Jacie
1/1/2014, 01:34 PM
The KGB might want to ask the NSA for help on this one . . .

ouwasp
1/2/2014, 12:58 AM
The KGB might want to ask the NSA for help on this one . . .

Imagine the look on the KGB faces when the NSA rep warns about the evils of ethnic
profiling...

badger
1/2/2014, 01:25 PM
The real fiasco is going to be Brazil....forget about the fact that it is a soccer tournament. It will be pure pandemonium when those games start, if they ever do.

Oh yes, I am really worried about that. It seems the world made haste to include a South American country, without realizing that there's a world of difference between North and South America right about now.

The World Cup will be Brazil's dry run. If they have problems this summer, beware what will happen at the 2016 Olympics.

Speaking of World Cup, lol at the corrupt giving Qatar the next one. Oh yeah, we all totally think that an outdoor sport can be played in the heat of summer in the Middle East, no problem! :P

DrZaius
1/3/2014, 07:25 PM
Oh yes, I am really worried about that. It seems the world made haste to include a South American country, without realizing that there's a world of difference between North and South America right about now.

The World Cup will be Brazil's dry run. If they have problems this summer, beware what will happen at the 2016 Olympics.

Speaking of World Cup, lol at the corrupt giving Qatar the next one. Oh yeah, we all totally think that an outdoor sport can be played in the heat of summer in the Middle East, no problem! :P

Yep, I love running sprints when it is 135 outside. Just like our Sooners last night however, we are gonna romp Germany, watch and see!

SanJoaquinSooner
1/4/2014, 12:51 AM
I hope it's safer than Montreal and Atlanta.

yankee
1/6/2014, 12:34 PM

Sepp Blatter is evil and corrupt, and terrible for soccer worldwide. Can't wait until he's gone.

And I am very afraid for Brazil this summer. A potential debacle that has been a long time coming.

diverdog
1/12/2014, 08:09 AM
China knows the blood type of every person entering or exiting their borders. Well, maybe not that specific, but they are probably the most secure country outside of North Korea when it comes to oversight. Russia is more like the US, with more leaky borders.

Since Russia hasn't been the top target for most terrorist groups, there have only been a few incidents that have been broadcast world wide. The Olympics are another story. It wouldn't be hard for an organization to do something over the course of the games. We'll see how serious about security they really are.

Badge:

I am not sure your statement is correct. The Russians really have their hands full with terrorist either from the Chechen states or the mountainous areas in Georgia.

Curly Bill
1/12/2014, 08:20 AM
The Russians must be pretty worried; they called the posse to see if we'd be willing to provide security? We're kicking it around. Vet doesn't like to leave the hill, but me and some of the others have a thing for Russian women, so it's a possibility.

olevetonahill
1/12/2014, 08:26 AM
The Russians must be pretty worried; they called the posse to see if we'd be willing to provide security? We're kicking it around. Vet doesn't like to leave the hill, but me and some of the others have a thing for Russian women, so it's a possibility.

Well Now wait a Minute, They dint say anything about them wimmens, I bet we could get some Great Vodka there also.

Curly Bill
1/12/2014, 08:35 AM
Well Now wait a Minute, They dint say anything about them wimmens, I bet we could get some Great Vodka there also.

See, I told ya we should go!

olevetonahill
1/12/2014, 09:10 AM
See, I told ya we should go!

We gonna Negotiate that in the Contract.