PDA

View Full Version : I do believe this Proves that Obammy's "Justice" department

olevetonahill
12/29/2013, 02:03 AM
Is a racist pile of Shat.

White man charged with 'knockout game' hate crime. Racial hypocrisy?

The US Department of Justice on Thursday stepped into the cultural fray about the so-called “knockout game” when it brought federal hate crime charges against a white Texas man for assaulting an unsuspecting black man.

The decision shines a brighter spotlight on the knockout game, in which an assailant tries to knock out a bystander with a single punch. A spate of incidents have gathered national attention in recent months, though it is unclear whether the game has become more popular or whether the Internet has simply allowed for isolated incidents to be broadcast more widely.

The majority of the reported incidents, however, have involved black men targeting white victims – and none triggered federal involvement. The fact that the Justice Department has elected to step in now, when a black man was the victim, has led to criticism among conservative pundits that the Obama administration is applying the hate-crime statute unevenly.

http://news.yahoo.com/white-man-charged-39-knockout-game-39-hate-174157040.html

yermom
12/29/2013, 02:07 AM
well, if those idiots filmed themselves talking about targeting white people specifically, it might be different

this guy is a Grade A moron

i knew this story would get here eventually :)

olevetonahill
12/29/2013, 02:27 AM
well, if those idiots filmed themselves talking about targeting white people specifically, it might be different

I read it several times . And No where did it say He went out to Target a Black.
They found racist shat elsewhere.
You trying to tell me that the Blacks who been knocking the shat out of White folks never said Lets hit whitey?
Come on bro you aint that big a Lib are ya?

Oh and I never said the Dude wasnt a ****in Moran, I think any of em that do this **** are Morans

olevetonahill
12/29/2013, 02:32 AM

The majority of the reported incidents, however,
have involved black men targeting white victims – and none triggered federal involvement. The fact that the Justice Department has elected to step in now, when a black man was the victim, has led to criticism among conservative pundits that the Obama administration is applying the hate-crime statute unevenly.

See but they Have Targetted White , yet the Justice department is Only gettin involved because it was a White Hittin a Black

yermom
12/29/2013, 03:53 AM
See but they Have Targetted White , yet the Justice department is Only gettin involved because it was a White Hittin a Black

“If suspects call the victim racial names, and one of the other witnesses testifies to that effect, it would be prosecutable as a hate crime,” says Professor Green, speaking generally about knockout cases.

According to the federal affidavit, the government appears to be preparing a case along those lines in Texas. Federal prosecutors say Mr. Barrett planned the Nov. 24 attack, which he filmed with his cellphone. He approached “G.C.”, an elderly black man, and said, “How’s it going, man?” then punched him so hard that G.C.'s jaw was broken in two places and he lost three teeth. Barrett then allegedly cried “knockout!” and ran.

He was caught after he told the tale at a bar, where an off-duty cop was present. Federal prosecutors argue that the attack was motivated by racial animus because police uncovered videos where Barrett allegedly used racial epithets and at one point said that black people “haven’t fully experienced the blessing of evolution.”

In another video from the day of the assault, Barrett says, “If I were to hit a black person, would this be nationally televised?”

it's one thing if whites are targeted by blacks, but you would have to prove how they chose the victim

a white guy just beating up a black guy isn't a hate crime. you have to establish why it happened. did he beat him up because he was black in the wrong neighborhood, or because he cut him off in traffic and happened to be black?

Soonerjeepman
12/29/2013, 10:34 AM
The majority of the reported incidents, however, have involved black men targeting white victims – and none triggered federal involvement.

did you not see this?

again, you read and listen to what you want to.

yermom
12/29/2013, 12:36 PM
yes, i saw it. do they have each of them on video talking about how they are going to target a white person?

if not, how can you convict each person of a hate crime unless they tell you after the fact?

a trend doesn't really count for evidence for an individual case.

did you not read this part?:

“If suspects call the victim racial names, and one of the other witnesses testifies to that effect, it would be prosecutable as a hate crime,” says Professor Green, speaking generally about knockout cases.

it's not about why they did it, it's about what you can prove about why they did it that determines the charges here. i'm sorry if you can't understand this.

Turd_Ferguson
12/29/2013, 06:58 PM
Every day is punch-a-honky day!

Soonerjeepman
12/29/2013, 09:16 PM
it's not about why they did it, it's about what you can prove about why they did it that determines the charges here. i'm sorry if you can't understand this.

yup I understand that...point is, did the DOJ go investigate all these others with the same intensity? if they did and found nothing good for them.

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2013, 01:02 AM
If the DOJ is going to play things this way, my suggested response to these thugs is as follows: rope, tree, picnic.

KantoSooner
12/30/2013, 10:45 AM
This case did present the aggravating factor that the victim was old. Not defending selective prosecution, but this one was not good.

In my fantasy world, the old man would have been walking down to meet his son, Ray Lewis, who arrives just about as the punch is landed...and then has about 45 minutes to take appropriate counter measures.