PDA

View Full Version : This guy is a little concerned about who we play at qb

Mazeppa
12/26/2013, 09:51 PM
http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2013/12/26/5228320/preview-the-oklahoma-quarterback-situation

Widescreen
12/27/2013, 01:25 AM
Didn't sound concerned to me. He threw down the "if you have to QBs you have no QBs" mantra.

mikee likee
12/27/2013, 09:42 AM
But, if you have 3 quarterbacks, look out!!

BoulderSooner79
12/27/2013, 10:34 AM
Didn't sound concerned to me. He threw down the "if you have to QBs you have no QBs" mantra.

I think you meant "if you have too QBs…" ;)

Ah yes, there is a coaching cliche to fit every situation. Having an established and experienced starter is of course ideal, but at least the uncertainty OUr team has at QB has forced Bama to divide their prep time for 2 different looks.

PrideMom
12/27/2013, 10:44 AM
That OU has such diverse talent must really pose a problem to other teams. Seems to be working, and that is all that matters.

KantoSooner
12/27/2013, 12:11 PM
It's very possible that I"m wrong about this, but I've never really bought into the whole thing about QB's needing to 'get into a rhythem' and all that. They play a position, like anyone else on the field. Be ready, go into the game, play your spot and stop whining and prima donna'ing. We should be able to shift all our QBs interchangeably and I have no idea why we don't practice doing so.

stoopified
12/27/2013, 01:02 PM
As long as we don't play 4-5 qbs like John Blake,I'm good.

DrZaius
12/27/2013, 03:46 PM
That article is dumb and a great example of someone writing about a team he has never watched. His whole article is based on statistics. He has never seen Knight or Bell play.

this thread is dumb...

budbarrybob
12/27/2013, 04:15 PM
I think you meant "if you have too QBs…" ;)

I think you meant "if you have two QB's ;)

humblesooner
12/27/2013, 04:42 PM
"Bob Stoops will take this decision right down to the wire, and the earliest we can expect an announcement is in the days before the game"
Is this guy a Bama writer or an OU writer? Wonder if Bob told him when he would make his decision or he just pulled this out of his ***?

EatLeadCommie
12/27/2013, 05:10 PM
That article is dumb and a great example of someone writing about a team he has never watched. His whole article is based on statistics. He has never seen Knight or Bell play.

My thoughts as well. And he doesn't sound the least bit concerned about who we start at QB.

sooneron
12/27/2013, 05:44 PM
It's very possible that I"m wrong about this, but I've never really bought into the whole thing about QB's needing to 'get into a rhythem' and all that. They play a position, like anyone else on the field. Be ready, go into the game, play your spot and stop whining and prima donna'ing. We should be able to shift all our QBs interchangeably and I have no idea why we don't practice doing so.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I think you're wrong. QBS need a rhythm. Other players usually have to account only a few guys. QBs? not so much. It's not so much just a role player position, imo.

birddog
12/27/2013, 06:57 PM
I feel like this offense is pretty limited and inexperienced. We need to see both knight and bell play against bama. Good news is we had young guys get very meaningful pt and the carry over to next season will be really beneficial. No doubt for the few games where we didn't look organized, they survived, even thrived, and get a huge bowl game for their efforts. Next year should be great

BoulderSooner79
12/27/2013, 06:57 PM
I think you meant "if you have two QB's ;)

Two QB's what? Two QB's contracts against your cap?

Scott D
12/27/2013, 08:29 PM
"Bob Stoops will take this decision right down to the wire, and the earliest we can expect an announcement is in the days before the game"
Is this guy a Bama writer or an OU writer? Wonder if Bob told him when he would make his decision or he just pulled this out of his ***?

he's a Bama fan with a blog.

swardboy
12/27/2013, 11:11 PM
I just hope we put in the right personnel/scheme to score quickly, and then have a run game that eats clock. Oh, and I want a winning lottery ticket number too while you're at it. TIA.

Flying Scotsman
12/30/2013, 12:11 AM
We had QBs during the Blake years?

Phil
12/30/2013, 04:57 PM
"Knight, much like Bell, is a run first quarterback." Moron.

badger
12/30/2013, 05:16 PM
We are very bad at keeping secrets. Our starting quarterback's name has always surfaced several days before kickoff whenever it was up for debate.

Despite this, the football gods always seem to have other plans and Blake Bell or Trevor Knight end up playing the hero when the other goes down with injury or whatever