PDA

View Full Version : What big time recruits do we still have a shot at?

Collier11
12/24/2013, 12:12 AM
Other than Mixon and Deandre Clark, any other 4 or 5 star recruits that we have a legit shot at? Any DTs?

picasso
12/24/2013, 01:03 AM
Big Time Jones?

Collier11
12/24/2013, 01:34 AM
say what

lexsooner
12/24/2013, 11:19 AM
Big Time Jones?

He was the big center for Billy Tubbs' OU basketball team in the early 80s. He once fell asleep behind the bench during a practice and some called him "Bed Time" Jones. I mostly recall he would grab a defensive rebound and since OU ran a lot, his teammates were already way down court and Jones would "pass" (hurl) the ball and it would fly over everyone's head and out of bounds. This happened regularly during his career. When he was recruited, OU had no basketball reputation, so his signing got lots of press.

OUmillenium
1/2/2014, 05:24 PM
The UA game is on. Alabama has lots of commits playing in this game. The only sooner commit is the qb out of Ed SF. NN qb who has committed to Bama is in the game.

so how will the Sooners finish up? I looked at 2 rankings and 1 had us at #25 and the other unlisted. I think they listed 18 current commits.

SoonerofAlabama
1/5/2014, 07:56 PM
Do we have a shot at Kendall Randolph?

8timechamps
1/5/2014, 08:57 PM
Dre Clark, Steven Parker, Courtney Garnett, Adoree Jackson and Michiah Quick are probably the most likely. Garnett is a DT, and just decomitted from Texas. Said he has OU has his #1 right now.

Realistically, OU should land 4 of those guys.

SoonerofAlabama
1/5/2014, 09:56 PM
Any ideas when these guys might decide?

Sooner Wing
1/6/2014, 09:23 AM
Are we in on Adoree Jackson? I don't subscribe to any of the pay sites and do very little snooping around on the net but I was under the impression that we didn’t have much of a shot with him.

8timechamps
1/6/2014, 04:31 PM
Do we have a shot at Kendall Randolph?

Just found out he is visiting on January 31. Always a good sign.

Any ideas when these guys might decide?

January 17th is a huge weekend for visits, and that's shaping up to be the biggest weekend (for recruiting) so far for this class. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get one or two after that. Otherwise, almost all of the guys left are waiting until signing day.

8timechamps
1/6/2014, 04:36 PM
Are we in on Adoree Jackson? I don't subscribe to any of the pay sites and do very little snooping around on the net but I was under the impression that we didn’t have much of a shot with him.

We're still in the hunt. The only thing I'm not sure about is how hard we're after him now. A late offer (Juwan Dowels) has surfaced, and I'm starting to get the feeling Mike wants to close this DB class asap. Add to that the interest from Randolph and it could come down to who accepts first. I don't think we'll take more than one DB (in addition to what we have committed). Of course, if we do get a commit from Randolph or Dowels, and Jackson wants in, I don't think we'd have much choice but to take him...you don't let a guy like that get away if he's interested.

Eielson
1/6/2014, 04:38 PM

We're in his top 6.

SoonerofAlabama
1/6/2014, 10:48 PM
Natrell Curtis (3 Star OG) just committed to OU.

Boomer.....
1/7/2014, 08:44 AM
⚡PRIMETIME!!!⚡ ‏@Joe_MainMixon 6m
Got my boy @NatrellCurtis to commit to OU! @TreyL55 @IAmTheOne_9 @ItsQuicker is next! Lets get it! #Boomer

Mixon is already bringing kids in!

Widescreen
1/7/2014, 09:31 AM
I wonder if we really have a shot at flipping Cannon. And do we have room for another WR in this class?

8timechamps
1/7/2014, 06:05 PM
I wonder if we really have a shot at flipping Cannon. And do we have room for another WR in this class?

I would think if Cannon really wants to commit to OU, we would take him. But, it would be tight. We're down to 8 remaining scholarships, and there are still plenty of guys that OU wants.

Today, Tee Shepard (JUCO CB) said he was going to visit before he make a decision. Mike has been after Shepard for a while, and I'd be willing to bet they take him if he wants to be a Sooner.

It's been a while since we had to shut down recruiting early, but it may happen for this class.