PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown was forced out, who knew?

Mazeppa
12/23/2013, 09:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--mack-brown-forced-out-as-texas-coach-after-president-withdrew-support-005700558.html

Jacie
12/23/2013, 10:10 PM
So sit out a year then make himself available for another head coaching job. If that happens, will we get the inside dish on UT from Brown or will he keep knowledge of where the skeletons are stashed to himself?

Mazeppa
12/23/2013, 10:15 PM
So sit out a year then make himself available for another head coaching job. If that happens, will we get the inside dish on UT from Brown or will he keep knowledge of where the skeletons are stashed to himself?

He won't say anything, after 16 years he's helped stash those skeletons.

TheUnnamedSooner
12/23/2013, 11:53 PM
If there is any truth to that it's pretty ****ty how it went down. Powers too much a pu$$y to tell him. As much as I don't like ut, Mack seemed like a respectable coach and tried winning the right way. He did a lot of great things for that program. Mack deserved better.

BoulderSooner79
12/24/2013, 12:14 AM
That's life in the $5m fast lane. We did everything we could this year to keep Mack on board (unfortunately).

picasso
12/24/2013, 01:01 AM
He lost me in '08. He was like Governor Pappy out pressin' the flesh trying to get his brand to the dance.
It was a sad slutty spectacle.

bmjlr
12/24/2013, 09:20 AM
He lost me in '08. He was like Governor Pappy out pressin' the flesh trying to get his brand to the dance.
It was a sad slutty spectacle.

+1

ouduckhunter
12/24/2013, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=BoulderSooner79;4284490]That's life in the $5m fast lane. We did everything we could this year to keep Mack on board (unfortunately).[/QUOTE

Have faith!! In a few years when their new coach isn't cranking out the national championships, we can start the 'Bring Mack Back' campaign.

Merry Christmas!!

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
12/24/2013, 12:48 PM
And water is wet, the sky is blue, and whatever obvious reference you want to make. Texas is going to end up trying to hire a big name and they will all say no then once the top tier coaches turn them down they will end up "settling" on a coach nobody is going to be happy about after all the big names that were dropped.

BoulderSooner79
12/24/2013, 12:52 PM
It was a done deal that Mack would resign at the end of the season. He would either resign or "get resigned", it was never going to be worded as "fired" unless Mack wanted it that way as a form of saying "eff-you".

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/24/2013, 01:13 PM
It was a sad slutty spectacle.EXACTAMUNDO!

beached_sooner
12/24/2013, 02:58 PM
... Texas is going to end up trying to hire a big name and they will all say no then once the top tier coaches turn them down they will end up "settling" on a coach nobody is going to be happy about after all the big names that were dropped.

We certainly hope that is the case !