PDA

View Full Version : Bama Fans: who are you rooting for

TAFBSooner
12/23/2013, 02:59 PM
on January 6?

From here it seems like a bad case of SECidarity vs. the most hate-ful in-state rivalry in the nation.

You can respond by "for" or "against" the Seminoles if you don't want to utter the other team's name.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/23/2013, 03:26 PM
A solid victory by the Crims would make bamers look bad.

GeorgiaTider
12/24/2013, 07:28 AM
on January 6?

From here it seems like a bad case of SECidarity vs. the most hate-ful in-state rivalry in the nation.

You can respond by "for" or "against" the Seminoles if you don't want to utter the other team's name.

In this game I am all for the non-SEC team. I will never ever pull for a team in Orange.

freshchris05
12/24/2013, 01:37 PM
+1

In this game I am all for the non-SEC team. I will never ever pull for a team in Orange.

Bama/OU
12/24/2013, 08:41 PM
I'm rooting for a NON-FSU win.

And I'll pretend to see SEC logos on the NON-FSU teams helmets.

Peeb
12/25/2013, 07:47 PM
There is absolutely no school anywhere I would root against if they had a chance to make the SEC look mortal. The media love-fest is beyond tiresome at this point.

My favorite team is whoever is playing an SEC team!

12/25/2013, 08:23 PM
There is absolutely no school anywhere I would root against if they had a chance to make the SEC look mortal. The media love-fest is beyond tiresome at this point.

My favorite team is whoever is playing an SEC team!Agreed, but with one exception. That orange and black Sooner-hating team from the Big 12 that's playing in the Cotton Bowl. I realize the mizzou tigers hate the Sooners as well, but, well, you go with the lesser of the evils in this case.

Peeb
12/26/2013, 01:25 AM
Agreed, but with one exception. That orange and black Sooner-hating team from the Big 12 that's playing in the Cotton Bowl. I realize the mizzou tigers hate the Sooners as well, but, well, you go with the lesser of the evils in this case.

Yeah, that's the exact sentiment that some Bama folk will have towards Auburn.

Most, probably.

picasso
12/26/2013, 02:12 AM

My gosh, that was beautiful.

12/26/2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah, that's the exact sentiment that some Bama folk will have towards Auburn.

Most, probably.Tell us the story of how your team colors of orange and black were chosen, and how did they get to be the official colors, please.

jthomas666
12/26/2013, 01:02 PM
I'm rooting for a game that will make Auburn's 3-2 victory over Miss St. in 2008 look like gridiron brilliance, with FSU winning 0-2 in quadruple overtime.

Then, if we have beaten OU convincingly, we can take the AP championship, such as it is.

If that doesn't happen, well, Pasadena does have a sinkhole problem...

picasso
12/26/2013, 02:06 PM
I'm rooting for a game that will make Auburn's 3-2 victory over Miss St. in 2008 look like gridiron brilliance, with FSU winning 0-2 in quadruple overtime.

Then, if we have beaten OU convincingly, we can take the AP championship, such as it is.

No. No more backdoor titles for a while.

BigTip
12/27/2013, 10:45 AM

This is pretty funny. The "I hope they both look so bad that nobody could possibly think of them as a real football team" mindset.
A lot of fans of different teams have been there! Has it ever worked though? lol

TAFBSooner
12/27/2013, 11:46 AM
Agreed, but with one exception. That orange and black Sooner-hating team from the Big 12 that's playing in the Cotton Bowl. I realize the mizzou tigers hate the Sooners as well, but, well, you go with the lesser of the evils in this case.

That orange and black team of which you speak is way down my list of enemies. They do, after all, have

very good reasons to hate OU. I root for the gold tigers and their collie-loving friends when they play Old SEC teams, but I will always root for the Big XII over the two turncoats (for that matter, over all four turncoats, but CU and NU seem to have been dodging us successfully since they ran off).

Off-topic: some NU fans miss us. Awwww.

"Long story short, I try to care, and get ginned up about the Big 10…but I haven’t yet. The Big 10 is Ward Cleaver. The Big 12 is Charlie Harper. Ward makes more sense. Charlie is more fun."

(towards the bottom of the column)
http://sports.omaha.com/2013/10/14/mad-chatter-duck-calls-the-huskers-new-road-to-indy-and-big-ten-or-big-12/

shytnik
12/28/2013, 03:21 PM

My favorite team is whoever is playing an SEC team!

Exactly how I feel with one exception, which is taken care of this year. Being born in Alabama, but mostly raised in OK and raised a Sooner fan, Bama is my second team I will root for, except when they play OU. So if they were not playing OU I would want that to be the one SEC win, since they are playing OU this year, I am rooting for EVERY SEC team to loose. Being that the SEC has very favorable match ups for the most part, I don't see that happening, but I can always dream.

Tidefan36854
12/28/2013, 05:49 PM
The SEC streak means nothing to me. Though I do believe the SEC conference has the best for a while now, I am not a SEC fan - I am a Bama fan. I hope FSU wins this one 2-0.

No. No more backdoor titles for a while.

I will be glad to see the 4 team playoff coming. I think it increases Bama's chances of "backdoor" titles. I wish it were here this year for obvious reasons.

picasso
12/28/2013, 05:59 PM
Hey, we got there that way in '08. I just wish some people would recognize this.
Many teams have been fortunate to get a second chance. Including Bama.

Tidefan36854
12/28/2013, 06:09 PM
Hey, we got there that way in '08. I just wish some people would recognize this.
Many teams have been fortunate to get a second chance. Including Bama.

Oh I agree that we needed some help, but if you go back and look at almost every year, at least one of the teams needed somebody to lose to get to the NC game. Auburn needed tOSU losing this year to get in. You're right that OU needed help in 2008, but the same is really true for 2003 when you guys lost the B12CG and still got in. That's no worse than us not playing for SEC Championship in 2011 IMO, but it seems people want to say Bama didn't belong there. LSU got in with 2 losses in 2007 and Florida needed some help after losing to Ole Miss in 2008.

But yeah, I will say we have been fortunate, just not anymore "backdoor" than a lot of other teams have.

picasso
12/28/2013, 06:45 PM
Oh count me as one who didn't think we deserved to be there in '03. Although I still think we were the best team that year.

12/28/2013, 08:27 PM
Oh count me as one who didn't think we deserved to be there in '03. Although I still think we were the best team that year.between Jason White's banged-up arm, and Chuck long's mysteriously calling pass plays during our last series, when we had been running the ball down LSU's throat(even with Kejuan Jones as our RB), we were doomed.