PDA

View Full Version : Baylor returns 5,000 tickets to Fiesta Bowl

Tear Down This Wall
12/23/2013, 11:37 AM
Couldn't sell out their allotment: http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/baylor-return-more-5k-unsold-bowl-tickets

First BCS bowl and their fan base...? Pathetic.

Should have put them in the Heart of Dallas Bowl or Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth where their fans would have an easier distance to travel.

Therealsouthsider
12/23/2013, 11:39 AM
....wow

ss

ouwasp
12/23/2013, 11:42 AM
Wait a minute...I was told that big-time college football had arrived in Waco?

Boomer.....
12/23/2013, 11:55 AM
Wait a minute...I was told that big-time college football had arrived in Waco?

I wouldn't believe anything that SicEm says.

birddog
12/23/2013, 12:26 PM
Boring *** game. I can't imagine why anyone would be a Baylor fan to begin with(at least not die hard, casual support is fine) but it can't be easy trying to woo bear fans to a bowl game that means nothing til we get playoffs.

Mac94
12/23/2013, 12:27 PM
so does this mean the tarp will be making the trip after all?

Tear Down This Wall
12/23/2013, 12:32 PM
so does this mean the tarp will be making the trip after all?

Good question. And, if so, is it the last appearance of this tarp before the new tarp debuts with the new stadium?

olevetonahill
12/23/2013, 12:58 PM
I maybe wrong But last I heard WE hadnt sold out Our tickets yet either.

Mazeppa
12/23/2013, 02:07 PM
I maybe wrong But last I heard WE hadnt sold out Our tickets yet either.

Wet blanket. :)

SoonerofAlabama
12/23/2013, 02:14 PM
UCF apparently returned 10,000 of theirs.

olevetonahill
12/23/2013, 02:19 PM
Wet blanket. :)

http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

JLEW1818
12/23/2013, 02:51 PM
Fiesta bowls sucks

8timechamps
12/23/2013, 03:01 PM
UCF apparently returned 10,000 of theirs.

Yep. Starting to think there will be a lot of empty seats for this one.

Scott D
12/23/2013, 03:10 PM
All this thread leads me to believe that the Sugar Bowl ****ed the Fiesta Bowl by taking OU.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/23/2013, 03:20 PM
Fiesta bowls sucksEspecially when the opponent is not even from a major conference, or domer.:jaded:

SicEmBaylor
12/23/2013, 04:54 PM
You guys know how big our alumni base is and how big our student body is, right?
UCF, by the way, has the same problem and they are twice the size we are.

BoulderSooner79
12/23/2013, 05:44 PM
All this thread leads me to believe that the Sugar Bowl ****ed the Fiesta Bowl by taking OU.

I don't understand that theory. Fiesta was going to get Baylor as well as be stuck with UCF no matter what the Sugar bowl did. I thought the Sugar choice looked to be OU or UO(Ducks).

Widescreen
12/23/2013, 05:47 PM
You guys know how big our alumni base is and how big our student body is, right?
But UCF has WAY farther to travel. I'm surprised Baylor didn't sell out their allotment given the circumstances.

FaninAma
12/23/2013, 06:14 PM
Fiesta bowls sucks
Yep.

Jacie
12/23/2013, 06:21 PM
This does not mean the stands won't be green for the game, just that the fanbase has voted with their pocketbook.

Scott D
12/23/2013, 06:24 PM
I don't understand that theory. Fiesta was going to get Baylor as well as be stuck with UCF no matter what the Sugar bowl did. I thought the Sugar choice looked to be OU or UO(Ducks).

there was a potential that the Sugar could have gone for Ohio State as well, which would have put Oregon in the Fiesta and left Clemson to face UCF.

cvsooner
12/23/2013, 06:29 PM
The only surprise in this story to me is that Baylor returned only 5,000 tickets. I figured it would be a lot more than that....maybe 10K.

Mazeppa
12/23/2013, 09:38 PM

We know how "big" you student body is:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2vttocl.jpg

SicEmBaylor
12/23/2013, 09:51 PM
Jesus....

Clearly she got lost and should be 90 miles to the SE.

Mazeppa
12/23/2013, 10:02 PM
Jesus....

Clearly she got lost and should be 90 miles to the SE.

heh

yermom
12/23/2013, 10:19 PM
I think she was originally a Steelers fan

This whole situation shows why the fiesta was a terrible choice for the big 12

If Jerry World was around then, this never would have happened

SoonerForLife92
12/24/2013, 12:13 AM
Hmm.. So that's why they're called the bears

12/24/2013, 01:23 AM
I think she was originally a Steelers fan

This whole situation shows why the fiesta was a terrible choice for the big 12

If Jerry World was around then, this never would have happenedI felt blindsided when the Big 12 moved from the Orange Bowl(Big 8) to the Fiesta Bowl. Even living out here in AZ doesn't make up for the change. Going to the beach and Miami itself beats snot out of facing Boise or UCF in yet another consolation bowl-the Fiesta.

King Barry's Back
12/24/2013, 05:41 AM
Boring *** game. I can't imagine why anyone would be a Baylor fan to begin with(at least not die hard, casual support is fine) but it can't be easy trying to woo bear fans to a bowl game that means nothing til we get playoffs.

I went to a game in Waco -- when was it, 3-4 years ago, I guess? Whenever OU played down there, I think it was the last time we won in Waco.

What got me was all the "Bayor fans" down there, that were going crazy for the bears -- but were wearing A&M gear. I mean, what is that? Is that like an OU fan, in his OU gear, attending a Golden Hurricanes game in Tulsa and cheering for the home team?

Just made me think the stadium was full of people cheering for their second team.

oudivesherpa
12/24/2013, 08:55 AM
Vet, true and New Orleans is a lot more fun and closer than Phoenix!

CatfishSooner
12/24/2013, 11:31 AM
of course sicem has to make a lame *** excuse...waht a bitch

bluedogok
12/24/2013, 06:06 PM
I can understand UCF returning tickets, they are much more akin to a UCO (commuter school) than a traditional university. It is a much larger commuter school (almost 60,000) than UCO (around 17,000), or UTSA (31,000).

SoonerForLife92
12/24/2013, 06:34 PM
I went to a game in Waco -- when was it, 3-4 years ago, I guess? Whenever OU played down there, I think it was the last time we won in Waco.

What got me was all the "Bayor fans" down there, that were going crazy for the bears -- but were wearing A&M gear. I mean, what is that? Is that like an OU fan, in his OU gear, attending a Golden Hurricanes game in Tulsa and cheering for the home team?

Just made me think the stadium was full of people cheering for their second team.

Yeah that is really annoying. But remember not everyone has the privelage of rooting for a great football school like we do.

Scott D
12/24/2013, 08:20 PM
I'm slightly changing my stance. I'm blaming the BCS bowls themselves with their ridiculous rules in regards to ticket allotments and the fact that they are running a ponzi scheme on NCAA Division I Colleges.

Mazeppa
12/24/2013, 10:02 PM
I'm slightly changing my stance. I'm blaming the BCS bowls themselves with their ridiculous rules in regards to ticket allotments and the fact that they are running a ponzi scheme on NCAA Division I Colleges.

Will the new playoff system be the same way and if not is this the reason a playoff was put off for so long?

olevetonahill
12/25/2013, 01:12 AM
What The OP aint saying is Baylor SOLD over 12K Not bad for a small private school

They did better than tOSU

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201312/bcs-teams-struggling-ticket-allotment

soonerloyal
12/25/2013, 01:37 AM
Yeah that is really annoying. But remember not everyone has the privelage of rooting for a great football school like we do.

Well actually, they do have that privilege; they can certainly be fans of any program out there. That they choose not to root for OU is their failure. :D

olevetonahill
12/25/2013, 02:15 AM
Well actually, they do have that privilege; they can certainly be fans of any program out there. That they choose not to root for OU is their failure. :D

Heh. Merry Christmas

Scott D
12/25/2013, 12:50 PM
Will the new playoff system be the same way and if not is this the reason a playoff was put off for so long?

It's possible, it is going to go back to what type of allotments they will "force" schools to have, and what rate they are basically being forced to sell tickets for. If so, then yes, it will be the same ponzi scheme under a different name.

PrideMom
12/26/2013, 12:14 PM
This shows the difference between a TRUE fan and bandwagoners. When OU finally went to a bowl following the 1999 season they couldn't get ENOUGH tickets! Baylor has the best year in their history, and they don't show up for the BCS bowl? People that are from BAYLOR HAVE MONEY!! Maybe they are insulted who their opponent is? But true fans go to see THEIR team play, and lesser programs never understand this. (OSU aggies are you listening to this?)

olevetonahill
12/26/2013, 12:16 PM
This shows the difference between a TRUE fan and bandwagoners. When OU finally went to a bowl following the 1999 season they couldn't get ENOUGH tickets! Baylor has the best year in their history, and they don't show up for the BCS bowl? People that are from BAYLOR HAVE MONEY!! Maybe they are insulted who their opponent is? But true fans go to see THEIR team play, and lesser programs never understand this. (OSU aggies are you listening to this?)

So you bot Tickets from OU and we will see you in Nawlins?

SicEmBaylor
12/26/2013, 02:23 PM
:smh: This is asinine...

Baylor has sold over 12,500 tickets. It returned 2,000 of its allotment. A lot of fans did not purchase their tickets through Baylor's allotment because the seats suck. This also doesn't include fans who have picked up tickets from other sources or will purchase tickets once they get there (scalped or otherwise).

More to the point, I read a piece a few days ago that Baylor is actually projected (as a % of its living alumni base) to have more fans at the Fiesta Bowl than any other school in Fiesta Bowl's BCS history.

Flagstaffsooner
12/26/2013, 02:34 PM
Im just glad that there will be 5k less a-holes in Arizona.

olevetonahill
12/26/2013, 03:00 PM
Im just glad that there will be 5k less a-holes in Arizona.

Yea, You the King A-hole and dont want the competition LOL

Flagstaffsooner
12/26/2013, 03:17 PM
Yea, You the King A-hole and dont want the competition LOL
You are one to talk. You were born here and when you left we were short one great big HOLE! At least we still have the Grand Canyon that is almost as big as your a$$ crack. :D

olevetonahill
12/26/2013, 03:23 PM
You are one to talk. You were born here and when you left we were short one great big HOLE! At least we still have the Grand Canyon that is almost as big as your a$$ crack. :D

But not as Big as your Mouth ya whiney bitch!

Flagstaffsooner
12/26/2013, 03:57 PM
You are mean and hurtful! If I could I would neg you to Winslow.

12/26/2013, 04:27 PM
you guys been watching too many of those tv commercials with Malcolm McDowell and James Earl Jones, pissing and moaning, insulting each other and acting squirrely.(yeah, I don't remember what they're advertising)

olevetonahill
12/26/2013, 05:33 PM
You are mean and hurtful! If I could I would neg you to Winslow.

Yea well I will neg you to Slap out, Oklahoma if ya aint careful.

olevetonahill
12/26/2013, 05:34 PM
you guys been watching too many of those tv commercials with Malcolm McDowell and James Earl Jones, pissing and moaning, insulting each other and acting squirrely.(yeah, I don't remember what they're advertising)

Hell ya orta see us when we really like each other.