PDA

View Full Version : SI's - texas longhorns head coach bracket

landrun
12/19/2013, 09:13 PM
Great stuff! :)
SI getting a laugh at Texas' expense. Love the division names.
Who ya got!?? :)

http://college-football.si.com/2013/12/19/texas-longhorns-head-coach-bracket/

http://sicollegefootball.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/texas-bracket-full.jpg

8timechamps
12/19/2013, 09:22 PM
That's great! There are only a few names on there I haven't heard associated with the vacancy.

Given how long the horn fans have wanted Brown gone, and how long it appeared obvious that he would be gone, it seems like they are kinda running around like a headless chicken trying to find the next coach. Makes me wonder how much Brown was really at fault.

fadada1
12/19/2013, 09:57 PM
Up here I Philly, the local media has done nothing but talk about Chip Kelly possibly going to the horns. They're almost reinforcing the Texas mentality of "I can't believe anyone would ever turn down the opportunity to coach at Texas."

Seriously, it's almost as if no other college program has money, facilities, or tradition. Of course, here in Philly, they don't know college football actually exists.

Curly Bill
12/20/2013, 12:17 AM
I called David Shaw two weeks ago.

rock on sooner
12/20/2013, 07:25 AM
I called David Shaw two weeks ago.

Well, what'd he say?

SicEmBaylor
12/20/2013, 07:45 AM
I predict it'll be someone just barely on the periphery of publicly discussed possibilities.

DCsooner22
12/20/2013, 07:48 AM
Of course, here in Philly, they don't know college football actually exists.

Seriously. It's the same just southwest of you here... If I wear an "OU" shirt, people ask me when I attended Ohio University...

Blegh...

Jacie
12/20/2013, 08:18 AM
I urge you to follow the link and actually cast votes.

I want to see Mack Brown win.

DCsooner22
12/20/2013, 08:32 AM
Voted for Muschamp, Kiffin, and of course... Mack.

I too want to see Mack win... :excitement:

badger
12/20/2013, 09:13 AM
Up here I Philly, the local media has done nothing but talk about Chip Kelly possibly going to the horns. They're almost reinforcing the Texas mentality of "I can't believe anyone would ever turn down the opportunity to coach at Texas."

Seriously, it's almost as if no other college program has money, facilities, or tradition. Of course, here in Philly, they don't know college football actually exists.

So do they hate him up there or something? I know Philly boos everyone including Santa, but has Chip Kelly not won em over a bit by having the Eagles in position for a playoff bid and all?

Curly Bill
12/20/2013, 01:41 PM
Well, what'd he say?

He said he was gonna be the next coach of the whorns, and he was ready to whip those pu**ies down in Austin into shape.

Mac94
12/20/2013, 02:02 PM
I think we need to start a campaign for the one candidate that we can all agree would make a fine head coach at U.T. He has extensive Big-12 and SEC head coaching experience, years and years of experience in recruiting the Lone Star state, and he's right down I-35 all tan rested and ready .... he's the man with the plan, good ol coach Fran! ;)

fadada1
12/20/2013, 02:06 PM
So do they hate him up there or something? I know Philly boos everyone including Santa, but has Chip Kelly not won em over a bit by having the Eagles in position for a playoff bid and all?
Right now, all is very positive. Dude is football coach top to bottom. No real expectations this year, and he's done well.

And that Santa was drunk - that's why he got all the boo birds.

badger
12/20/2013, 02:22 PM
I fully expect Texas to test how concrete some of these announced "contract extensions" are. Money is no object for whorn athletics, if it's not obvious enough already.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to wave money at who you want as your coach and see if they bite. We did the same thing to Lon Kruger to save us from everything Jeff Capel broke and it has worked out well for us, even if we had to wave a bigger dollar figure at him than originally planned.

So by all means, keep the top coaches in college and the NFL on the short list, because the only thing that will stop UT is the coach saying "No" repeatedly, firmly, and perhaps publicly too if they didn't get it the firm or repeated times.

rock on sooner
12/20/2013, 04:16 PM
He said he was gonna be the next coach of the whorns, and he was ready to whip those pu**ies down in Austin into shape.

Heh....wait, he's goin after the cheerleaders?!

ouduckhunter
12/20/2013, 05:01 PM
I'm just sorry that Matthew McConaughey isn't getting more consideration. He has earned coaching cred in movies, and is a proud whorn alum. Hire him, now!

BajaOklahoma
12/20/2013, 09:14 PM
Y'all did a poor job of voting. Mack didn't survive the first round.

Curly Bill
12/20/2013, 11:27 PM
Heh....wait, he's goin after the cheerleaders?!

No! The biggest pu**ies in Austin - you know, the football player dudes.

picasso
12/21/2013, 12:37 AM
I think we need to start a campaign for the one candidate that we can all agree would make a fine head coach at U.T. He has extensive Big-12 and SEC head coaching experience, years and years of experience in recruiting the Lone Star state, and he's right down I-35 all tan rested and ready .... he's the man with the plan, good ol coach Fran! ;)

Frannie got the best of Roscoe a few times.

Since71ASooner4Life
12/21/2013, 06:53 AM
wouldn't it be a dream to see Lane Kiffen get the job .... would be good for at least 3 years of euphoric joy the 2nd saturday in October

Jacie
12/23/2013, 06:51 PM
Here's a link to Round 3:

http://college-football.si.com/2013/12/23/texas-longhorns-coaching-bracket-round-three/

ouduckhunter
12/23/2013, 07:49 PM
Gruden all the way, baby!!