PDA

View Full Version : JUCO Signing Day

8timechamps
12/18/2013, 07:30 PM
The Sooners received Letters of Intent from commits Devante Bond and Isaac Ijalana. Both are expected to be mid-year enrollees.

There's one more JUCO prospect that the Sooners are in on, and that's Offensive Tackle Sebastian Tretola. As of right now, no word on Tretola's decision. Will update with any information.

Mjcpr
12/18/2013, 11:43 PM
I read he signed with Arky so we are still o'fer on OTs.

Ruf/Nek7
12/19/2013, 11:46 AM
May were saying Tretola was going to be more of an interior lineman for OU. I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

8timechamps
12/19/2013, 03:03 PM
I read he signed with Arky so we are still o'fer on OTs.

Yep, went with Arkansas.

8timechamps
12/19/2013, 03:04 PM
May were saying Tretola was going to be more of an interior lineman for OU. I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

For whatever reason, OU wanted him at guard. Arkansas recruited him at OT. Given the lack of tackles so far, I'm a little confused about why we would recruit him as an interior guy, but I trust Bedenbaugh knows what he wants.

Mjcpr
12/19/2013, 03:13 PM
For whatever reason, OU wanted him at guard. Arkansas recruited him at OT. Given the lack of tackles so far, I'm a little confused about why we would recruit him as an interior guy, but I trust Bedenbaugh knows what he wants.

He may have a list of wants but at this point, we have to have some bodies. Are we going to sign any OT's at all?

8timechamps
12/19/2013, 03:16 PM
He may have a list of wants but at this point, we have to have some bodies. Are we going to sign any OT's at all?

I don't see anyone left out there (that OU has shown any real interest in). I know there's a lot of talk of OU trying to flip Pruitt, but I don't think there's a chance that'll happen.

This late in the process, I think they may not get an OT in this class. That's going to put a lot of pressure on the staff for next year.

What I never understand is why we have such a hard time getting OTs. Don't we have 4 playing in the NFL right now?

Curly Bill
12/19/2013, 03:17 PM

We could move our TE's to OT since we don't use TE's in our offense.

8timechamps
12/19/2013, 03:18 PM
Forgot one guy that OU is still after:

Kenyon Frison. I think he's a Utah commit, but he's backed away from them a little, and OU and ASU are still heavily after him.

He'd be the last hope for a quality OT in this class.

Curly Bill
12/19/2013, 03:20 PM
And aren't the 2 big-name linemen coming out of the Oklahoma high school ranks next year both considered guards?

edit...Just checked - at least on Rivals they're shown as guards.

8timechamps
12/19/2013, 03:32 PM
And aren't the 2 big-name linemen coming out of the Oklahoma high school ranks next year both considered guards?

edit...Just checked - at least on Rivals they're shown as guards.

Yep. Wariboko is already committed, and Barnett is a heavy OU lean. Both would be excellent additions, but don't help the OT situation at all.

Curly Bill
12/19/2013, 03:35 PM
Yep. Wariboko is already committed, and Barnett is a heavy OU lean. Both would be excellent additions, but don't help the OT situation at all.

Well, you know what I say: Trust in Stoops! LOL

It's hard always being as positive as I am.

8timechamps
12/19/2013, 03:37 PM
Well, you know what I say: Trust in Stoops! LOL

It's hard always being as positive as I am.

You do raise the bar for the rest of us ;)

Curly Bill
12/19/2013, 03:55 PM
I forgot about Bobby Evans coming in as an OT! After next year of course.