PDA

View Full Version : Need some input from the South Oval Video Gamers

8timechamps
12/18/2013, 05:34 PM
My kid wants a new set of headphones. I have no clue what to get him, because I've gone through this several times.

He is now on his third set of Turtle Beach headphones. The latest is the "wireless" version. The problem is; where the headphones connect to the controller. Over time, this connection isn't so great anymore. It gets 'static-y' if it's slightly moved, and that makes it kinda hard to use them. I've not been a big fan of Turtle Beach so far. As I mentioned, this is his third pair, and the first two (different versions) both died within a year. Even though the last pair (the one he's currently using) is "wireless", there's still a wired connection to the controller. So, I need a recommendation for a true wireless set.

This was a last minute request (today), so I've finished all of the shopping I was going to do for him (until this popped up). So, since he's already getting a nice pair of headphones for his phone/iPad, I'd rather not spend $200 on these.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SicEmBaylor
12/18/2013, 06:42 PM
Look at Razer. I'm not exactly sure how much their line costs, but Razer makes great quality mice and keyboards that I've used for years.

I kind of share your problems with Turlte Beach. I bought my first set of wired headphones a year or so ago, and I have definitely not been happy. The sound has that low-quality "metallic" background sound drives me cuts. The bass is horrendous.

badger
12/19/2013, 09:25 AM
I assume for Xbox 360 so that you don't have to hear his gaming off your TV all the time? :)

Check these out. (http://www.amazon.com/Force-Gaming-Headset-Amplified-Stereo-Pc/dp/B005DQG0BO/ref=lp_402053011_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1387462826&sr=1-1) I have not used them, but they are getting good reviews on Amazon.

How set are you on them being wireless? Everything wired involving games (keyboard, mouse, headset etc) seems to last longer and work better for me, especially in this era of online gaming. Went with wireless mouse while playing an online PC game and ended up going back to wire due to slow response

Breadburner
12/19/2013, 09:40 AM
Check out Sol Republic.......

achiro
12/19/2013, 11:37 AM
The connection area into the controller is the issue area with most headphones on the 360. I got tired of replacing them, including a "wireless" pair like you describe. Broke down and bought some Trittons (warhead I think)last year and they are awesome. Not cheap but truly wireless, surround sound so I can play the games with "naughty" words without my kids hearing it, and no wires strung across the room or tied to the controller.

soonerboomer93
12/19/2013, 08:39 PM
I use Razer headphones, they're great. However, I am not sure if they work with the 360 (mine are hooked up to a computer).

Mine are an older model, apparently the new ones work with 360 of http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-carcharias-for-xbox-pc

8timechamps
12/22/2013, 09:22 PM
Ended up getting him a pair of Tritton headphones. We'll see how these hold up.

Thank you everyone for the input!

SicEmBaylor
12/22/2013, 11:05 PM
Ended up getting him a pair of Tritton headphones. We'll see how these hold up.

Thank you everyone for the input!

Those are excellent.