PDA

View Full Version : The best thing I've done as a father?

Jammin'
12/17/2013, 12:13 PM
I'd say introducing my kids to Bob Dylan at a young age.

Or possible to The Band but that's really almost the same thing depending upon the era.

KantoSooner
12/17/2013, 01:44 PM
It was a glorious day of redemption for me when my daughter's friends were looking over my record collection and stopped, in awe, looking at my Dead Kennedy's albums, and told her, "I've heard of this band, but NO ONE has the albums."

Explodo
12/21/2013, 12:03 PM
Introduced mine to the reverend Horton heat and rush. The boy(6) is a budding metal head...likes him some Metallica something fierce

8timechamps
12/22/2013, 09:21 PM
Introduced mine to the reverend Horton heat and rush. The boy(6) is a budding metal head...likes him some Metallica something fierce

Good, keep fueling that fire!

My oldest son (18) is kind of like me when it comes to music (his interest is all over the map, but he likes really small inde bands at the moment)

My youngest (14), bless his heart, has horrible taste in music. I've tried, but he's a bubble gum pop kinda guy. Poor kid.

C&CDean
12/25/2013, 07:39 PM
You guys are gonna have some ****ed up kids. Dylan? You want kids with speech impediments?

I introduced mine to hard work and the blues. They go hand-in-hand you know. And by "the blues" I mean Clapton/Led Zeppelin/Canned Heat/John Mayall/Buddy Guy and then the more rockin' blues of Walter Trout/Tommy Castro/Coco Montoya/Joe Bonamassa.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/28/2013, 10:18 PM
Buddy Guy

Not to sound like a buttkisser, but the thread is won. Lock it.