PDA

View Full Version : Anybody notice Bob's Christmas lights?

stoopified
12/17/2013, 07:54 AM
My family and I live in Moore and often use Telephone Road going to Norman which of course brings into Norman on 36th NW ,going right past Bob's house. The other night we were coming back from eating at Cracker Barrel and noticed Bob had decorated his house with lights.To be fair,my wife is the one who noticed ,as I wasn't looking until she pointed out the lights. Guess I am a little jaded ,as we have driven past Bob's house since we moved here which was about when construction began. Bob's lights are not gaudy or overdone,could be called understated.

Jacie
12/17/2013, 08:17 AM
Bob's lights are not gaudy or overdone,could be called understated.

So they weren't strung to make 33-24?

Boomer.....
12/17/2013, 08:27 AM
They looked like red and green uplighting and some incandescent lights on the trees. It is very subtle.

stoopified
12/17/2013, 02:12 PM
So they weren't strung to make 33-24?WHEN WE DROVE BACK BY, I NOTICED THEM BLINKING IN A RYTHMIC PATTERN . ON A HUNCH I WROTE DOWN THE PATTERN, APPRENTLY THE MESSAGE IS COWBOYS SUCK, I'M 8-1

Jammin'
12/17/2013, 02:25 PM
So they weren't strung to make 33-24?

WHEN WE DROVE BACK BY, I NOTICED THEM BLINKING IN A RYTHMIC PATTERN . ON A HUNCH I WROTE DOWN THE PATTERN, APPRENTLY THE MESSAGE IS COWBOYS SUCK, I'M 8-1

I thought Texas was OUs rival?

8timechamps
12/17/2013, 03:06 PM
I love the thought of Bob on a ladder, stringing up lights, while his wife bitches at him to "get them straight!". Of course, they just paid someone to do it, but the vision is fun.

KantoSooner
12/17/2013, 03:17 PM
I wonder how the NCAA would feel if he put in a blinking message, to, say, Joe Mixon. Something like "Hey Joe, Come to Norman! Enjoy my pool!"

stoopified
12/17/2013, 05:32 PM
I thought Texas was OUs rival?HAVEN'T YOU HEARD? OU IS NOW LABORING IN THE SHADOW OF oSu.

Wishboned
12/17/2013, 06:03 PM
He used to go all out on the lights. He was known as Big Lights Bob. He took the best decorated house award several times. But in recent years he's just kind of been coasting. Some say he's lost that Christmas spirit.

8timechamps
12/17/2013, 06:42 PM
He used to go all out on the lights. He was known as Big Lights Bob. He took the best decorated house award several times. But in recent years he's just kind of been coasting. Some say he's lost that Christmas spirit.

He isn't bringing in the big time lights, like he used to. There was a time when all the best lights wanted to be on display for Stoops, but nowadays it seems like all he get's are cheap K-Mart lights, the same kind that the North Texas and Houston coaches use.

stoopified
12/18/2013, 08:20 AM
He used to go all out on the lights. He was known as Big Lights Bob. He took the best decorated house award several times. But in recent years he's just kind of been coasting. Some say he's lost that Christmas spirit. :)

stoopified
12/18/2013, 08:21 AM
He isn't bringing in the big time lights, like he used to. There was a time when all the best lights wanted to be on display for Stoops, but nowadays it seems like all he get's are cheap K-Mart lights, the same kind that the North Texas and Houston coaches use. :):)

KantoSooner
12/18/2013, 09:29 AM
But there's hope: last summer, Nick Saban is said to have conducted Bob on a tour of his attic, showing him all his lights and how to hang them.

badger
12/18/2013, 09:52 AM
I'm disappointed none of you posted a pic or at least a link to a pic

KantoSooner
12/18/2013, 11:00 AM
We're afraid that a pic of Bob, snapping his tongue in a mousetrap, would get us perma-banned.

badger
12/18/2013, 11:21 AM
We're afraid that a pic of Bob, snapping his tongue in a mousetrap, would get us perma-banned.

:mad:

:P

KantoSooner
12/18/2013, 11:30 AM
All Right now. Take THAT mental image. Hold it. Now, put Bob in a Santa suit and hat. Got it? There, my work here is done! Meeeeerrrrrrrry Christmas!

XFollower
12/18/2013, 01:29 PM
This thread sucks without pics...