PDA

View Full Version : If you went to OU, how did the Sooners do?

Jacie
12/16/2013, 04:05 PM
My undergrad years were 72 through fall of 75 so four football seasons.

Overall 43-2-1
Conference 26-2
4 conference titles (2 tied, 2 outright)
2 MNC's (also a 2nd and 3rd place final AP)
2-0 in bowl games (Sugar and Orange)

Unless you attended OU in the mid-50's you probably did not experience a better 4-year run than that.

Is it any wonder I am spoiled as concerns OU football?

badger
12/16/2013, 04:13 PM
Fall 2001-Fall 2005.

Started college career off with everyone reveling over the previous football season, then we lost at Nebrasky and the book store (still located near the sorority houses south of Catlett/Goddard/Burton/etc) put everything on massive clearance. Orange Bowl patches were free and Nike championship t-shirts were $5 :)

Won: 2002 and 2004 Big 12 titles, 2003 Big 12 South, 2002 Cotton Bowl, 2005 Holiday Bowl

BoulderSooner79
12/16/2013, 04:17 PM
74-78 (I redshirted, ha!)
52-6-1 if I recall properly
Same 2 MNC, not sure about other stats, but they prime Switzer years.
Ecstasy - Both MNCs, the Von Schauman game against tOSU, the look on Osborne's face when 79 Orange bowl matchup announced. Sims Heisman year. Little Joe.
Agony - 78 Orange bowl, NC sitting on the 2 yard line on a bitter day in Lincoln in '78

EDIT: more ecstasy. Selmons, Shoate, Elrod, T. Owens, S. Hill, and a cast way too big to mention, but I should.

rock on sooner
12/16/2013, 04:20 PM
The only stretch, other than the mid 50's, would be the mid 80's when
the Sooners were 33-3 over a three year stretch (only losing to Thug U).
I dint go to OU, although I enrolled briefly in 1963. I found out that
my academic schollie only covered tuition and books. Room and board
costs sent me to the service...

rock on sooner
12/16/2013, 04:21 PM
You guys in the 70's must've been in hog heaven!!!

KantoSooner
12/16/2013, 04:27 PM
'85 through 87 seasons.

A very sweet time to be a sooner fan. Oh, the arrogance of knowing weeks in advance that you were going to win a given game. Lydell Carr up the middle or 2-3 Olympic quality sprinters hitting the corner, it really wasn't much of a choice for the opponents. I think OU averaged something like 450 yards a game on the ground.
And then the defense sacking yet another hapless fool and standing in a group howling like wolves.
Good times.

ouduckhunter
12/16/2013, 04:27 PM
76-81 on the 5 year plan. Good football, and good times!

fadada1
12/16/2013, 04:57 PM
16-19 (97-99)
24-10 (89-91)

40-29 overall

Thanks John Blake.

Soonerjeepman
12/16/2013, 05:27 PM
72ish through current...

not looking up stats...

yes I'm spoiled even though I went through the 90's!

* no I didn't go to OU, but was/is/am a fan from about 8 yrs old to now...49 :friendly_wink:

SoonerMachine
12/16/2013, 05:31 PM
'84 thru '87

42-5-1

Never lost to texas, aggie, or the Cornhuskers. However, never could beat the 'Canes.

The Ghost of Mex
12/16/2013, 07:37 PM
2000-2005

60-7

1 MNC

3 BIG XII CC

STOOPS FOR LIFE...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/16/2013, 07:42 PM
1990-93 - 31-13-2 Win percentage slightly higher than cale gundy's gpa

jkjsooner
12/16/2013, 07:42 PM
89-93 - All Gibbs years. Not worth looking up the record. I guess it's better than those who were there right after I left.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/16/2013, 08:00 PM
63-67 Bud's last year, the 2 Gomer Jones years, and the Jim McKenzie year. Texas under DKR put a hurt on us. We were looking good in '66, then Ara Parsegian's best domer team came to Norman and whacked us 0-38. The year after I left we beat Tennessee in a bowl and came in 2nd or 3rd in the nation. My favorite of the early post-Bud years was the 1971 team , we clubbed whorn 45-28 I think, but got bu*t-fokked by the refs against nebbish in the Game of the Century. Even though we "lost", it was the singular most exciting game I've ever seen live.

rock on sooner
12/16/2013, 08:13 PM
RLIMC, yup, Rodgers' punt return had at least 3 blocks in the back..clipping...
back then..been bitchin' 'bout that ever since!

BajaOklahoma
12/16/2013, 09:06 PM
My freshman year, we tied one. Brand new HC.
My sophomore year, we won them all. NC
My junior year, we were 11 and 1. Orange Bowl, NC
My senior year, we were terrible, lost 2, tied 1 and got stuck in the Fiesta Bowl (but we won).

sooneron
12/16/2013, 09:12 PM
85-90, It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

49-9

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/16/2013, 09:13 PM
80-85

Aikman years.

85 title

Boz

Spencer Tillman

Really good squads!

SoonerMarkVA
12/16/2013, 09:16 PM
92-97. Last of Gibbs, Smelly, and Blake. I try not to remember.

opksooner
12/16/2013, 11:49 PM
'51 thru '54: 35, 4, and 2.

Crowder, Vessels, Macphail, Leake.

Yeah, that old.

12/17/2013, 01:10 AM
92-97. Last of Gibbs, Smelly, and Blake. I try not to remember.you pore basta*d, that was almost as bad as it gets for an OU fan.

12/17/2013, 01:14 AM
RLIMC, yup, Rodgers' punt return had at least 3 blocks in the back..clipping...
back then..been bitchin' 'bout that ever since!also, among other overlooked infractions, Tagge or Brownson was down in their backfield on the last bugeater drive, and it wasn't called by the refs, either. It would have stopped a score, and given us the game, as well.

12/17/2013, 01:16 AM
'51 thru '54: 35, 4, and 2.

Crowder, Vessels, Macphail, Leake.

Yeah, that old.are you the senior poster here?

BoulderSooner79
12/17/2013, 02:03 AM
My freshman year, we tied one. Brand new HC.
My sophomore year, we won them all. NC
My junior year, we were 11 and 1. Orange Bowl, NC
My senior year, we were terrible, lost 2, tied 1 and got stuck in the Fiesta Bowl (but we won).

Interesting how different perspectives can be. I saw '76 as a example of an excellent rebuilding year. Graduated almost everyone from that core team that went 32-1-1 '73-'75. Brought in a bunch of talented, but green kids and managed a 3-way tie for the conference. The 2 losses were close and that tie with the horns was pure stealing from a better team by being gritty. I was in Dallas for that one and the horns should have won that game 3 times over, but OUr guys never gave up. And yet, terrible team? But I can see how the level of fan expectation can be inflated after '71-'75.

FirstandGoal
12/17/2013, 02:08 AM
'86 through '91.

Started with Switzer, ended with Gibbs. Thank God I'm not about 7 years younger than I am or else it would have been bad in an epic way.

TheUnnamedSooner
12/17/2013, 02:50 AM
'97 - '02 football seasons (redshirt AND medical redshirt haha!) Had the lows and then the rise to MNC. Watching the transformation from Blake to Stoops was awesome. A very special time to be a student.

SicEmBaylor
12/17/2013, 03:03 AM
76-81 on the 5 year plan. Good football, and good times!

Is that all?

ouflak
12/17/2013, 03:06 AM
Gibb's first year right until Blake's last year. What timing!

rock on sooner
12/17/2013, 07:57 AM
are you the senior poster here?

Pretty sure he is!

oudanny
12/17/2013, 09:18 AM
72 - fall of 76. I thought my final game was going to be the loss to Kansas but then I stuck around for another semester. I got to experience the Switzer early years and saw some great players.

SoonerMarkVA
12/17/2013, 09:25 AM
92-97. Last of Gibbs, Smelly, and Blake. I try not to remember.
you pore basta*d, that was almost as bad as it gets for an OU fan.

True, but I grew up in Norman. Earliest season I remember is '74. So, overall, I watched a lot of damn good football in Norman.

herecomedajudge
12/17/2013, 10:52 AM
Law school 74-76

2 MNC, 2-1/3 Big 8 Titles
31-3-1

soonertravis
12/17/2013, 02:40 PM
89-93 - All Gibbs years. Not worth looking up the record. I guess it's better than those who were there right after I left.

That would be me. There from 93 season through the 99 season. Only way it could have been worse was 92-98(would have replaced 7-5 and added 5-4-2). I caught the first year of Stoops, which really did nothing more than make it harder to get season tickets for 2000. We were 39-41-1.

70sooner
12/17/2013, 05:01 PM
You guys in the 70's must've been in hog heaven!!!

all things considered, yes. From The Godfather thru the Selmons, Mr Hello-Goodbye, Greg P, Little Joe and so many others A lot of fond memories, no doubt.

12/17/2013, 07:00 PM
Gibb's first year right until Blake's last year. What timing!89-98..10 years!!! lotta edumacation.

Scott D
12/17/2013, 07:23 PM
89-98..10 years!!! lotta edumacation.

and it's still less time than SicEm spent at Baylor :D

fadada1
12/17/2013, 08:53 PM

Did the same years plus '99. Of course I had a 5 year government vacation in the middle of those 10 years.

oudivesherpa
12/17/2013, 09:02 PM
Graduate School MBA 1967. We went 11-1 Beat the Vols in the orange Bowl.

opksooner
12/17/2013, 09:12 PM
are you the senior poster here?

Might be. Start a thread.........before it's too late. :)

BajaOklahoma
12/17/2013, 10:07 PM
Interesting how different perspectives can be. I saw '76 as a example of an excellent rebuilding year. Graduated almost everyone from that core team that went 32-1-1 '73-'75. Brought in a bunch of talented, but green kids and managed a 3-way tie for the conference. The 2 losses were close and that tie with the horns was pure stealing from a better team by being gritty. I was in Dallas for that one and the horns should have won that game 3 times over, but OUr guys never gave up. And yet, terrible team? But I can see how the level of fan expectation can be inflated after '71-'75.

You get it.

ouflak
12/18/2013, 03:31 AM

Admittedly, I did take a couple of years off in there to actually do some real work, and I did end up with a couple of degrees... But yeah, normally people who went to school as long as I did, they call 'Doctor'. And I'm not a doctor. It would have been nice to have been on campus during a NC year though. Might have been worth going for a PHd just to have that experience.

DCsooner22
12/18/2013, 09:54 AM
My dad was in school during the mid 50s - got the 55 and 56 NC's and was there the day the Irish ended the 47-game streak. He's always said they were waiting for a 5th quarter, b/c OU wasn't supposed to lose - ever...

My sister's freshman year was the '85 championship year.

My freshman year was '95 - Schnelly - 5-5-1, and we lost to OSU for the first time in, I believe, 19 years (AT HOME!). Tied Uterus.

Sophomore year, '96... enter Blake. 3-8, and I was in the stands for every single home loss that year. Somehow, we beat Texas, won at OSU, and I think we won at Baylor. So, the only win I saw that year was in Dallas. If memory serves, I believe Texas was undefeated going into the RRS that year (giggles)...

Junior year, '97 Blake - 4-7.

Senior year, '98 Blake - 5-6.

5th year senior '99 enter... Bob Stoops - some defensive-minded coordinator from Florida, when what OU really needed was a major overhaul in offense. Of course, Mike Leach - in all his awesomeness - brought in an offense the likes of which Sooners had never seen before. I watched in awe as we went up 17 early to Texas only to see them chip away at the lead and win the game. I watched in even more awe as a good A&M team came to Norman and was throttled 51-6. That day we ran something called a fake punt - successfully - for something like a million yards. I could feel glory returning to my beloved Sooners - a team I had watched growing up, heard all the stories, and finally could start to feel what this program could be - SHOULD BE. We finished 7-5.

Determined not to let my dad and sister have all the "Glory Days" stories, I decided to remain at OU for grad school for a few years (really, I was just having too much fun in college and wanted to hang around...).

2000 - Bob Stoops's second year. We all know the stories. We all have the memories. We all know the feeling. When the dust finally settled on Red October, there was a #1 sitting next to the name "Oklahoma" in the paper, and much to my surprise, it remained there for the rest of the season. Perhaps it was fate. The football gods had OU playing in the Orange Bowl that year - the site of so many previous OU victories. I remember seeing Bob on TV say, "... and OU plays dang good in that Orange Bowl..." When the clock reached 0:00 against a MIGHTY Florida State team that had all the accolades, and the score was 13-2 in favor of the Sooners, all was once again right in the world.

I had grown accustomed to OU losing. I never expected a win, and I was surprised when we did win. The youngest of my family, I will forever remember Bob Stoops as the man who restored Oklahoma to its proper place among college football's elite and allowed me to experience the same feeling of victory that my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, various cousins, aunts and uncles did years before me.

To the OP's original question, my undergrad years have a tally of 24-31-1.

Cheers
Mike

badger
12/18/2013, 10:10 AM
16-19 (97-99)
24-10 (89-91)

40-29 overall

Thanks John Blake.

So did you fire your pop gun at Blake, or at your own head :D

12/18/2013, 12:20 PM
My dad was in school during the mid 50s - got the 55 and 56 NC's and was there the day the Irish ended the 47-game streak. He's always said they were waiting for a 5th quarter, b/c OU wasn't supposed to lose - ever...

My sister's freshman year was the '85 championship year.

My freshman year was '95 - Schnelly - 5-5-1, and we lost to OSU for the first time in, I believe, 19 years (AT HOME!). Tied Uterus.

Sophomore year, '96... enter Blake. 3-8, and I was in the stands for every single home loss that year. Somehow, we beat Texas, won at OSU, and I think we won at Baylor. So, the only win I saw that year was in Dallas. If memory serves, I believe Texas was undefeated going into the RRS that year (giggles)...

Junior year, '97 Blake - 4-7.

Senior year, '98 Blake - 5-6.

5th year senior '99 enter... Bob Stoops - some defensive-minded coordinator from Florida, when what OU really needed was a major overhaul in offense. Of course, Mike Leah - in all his awesomeness - brought in an offense the likes of which Sooners had never seen before. I watched in awe as we went up 17 early to Texas only to see them chip away at the lead and win the game. I watched in even more awe as a good A&M team came to Norman and was throttled 51-6. That day we ran something called a fake punt - successfully - for something like a million yards. I could feel glory returning to my beloved Sooners - a team I had watched growing up, heard all the stories, and finally could start to feel what this program could be - SHOULD BE. We finished 7-5.

Determined not to let my dad and sister have all the "Glory Day" stories, I decided to remain at OU for grad school for a few years (really, I was just having too much fun in college and wanted to hang around...).

2000 - Bob Stoops's second year. We all know the stories. We all have the memories. We all know the feeling. When the dust finally settled on Red October, there was a #1 sitting next to the name Oklahoma in the paper, and much to my surprise, it remained there for the rest of the season. Perhaps it was fate. The football gods had OU playing in the Orange Bowl that year - the site of so many previous OU victories. I remember seeing Bob on TV say, "... and OU plays dang good in that Orange Bowl..." When the clocked reached 0:00 against a MIGHTY Florida State team that had all the accolades, and the score was 13-2 in favor of the Sooners, all was once again right in the world.

I had grown accustomed to OU losing. I never expected a win, and I was surprised when we did win. The youngest of my family, I will forever remember Bob Stoops as the man who restored Oklahoma to its proper place among college football's elite and allowed me to experience the same feeling of victory that my mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law, various cousins, aunts and uncles did years before me.

To the OP's original question, my undergrad years have a tally of 24-31-1.

Cheers
MikeWHATTA POST! What an amazing experience for a football fan!

What is it you do in DC?

fadada1
12/18/2013, 01:45 PM
So did you fire your pop gun at Blake, or at your own head :D
Heh. First time, firing my pop gun is what caused my vacation. Second go at OU I wasn't on the field. I chose to drink my sorrows away in the stands. Thankfully I chose to attend class on a regular basis.

badger
12/18/2013, 01:58 PM
Heh. First time, firing my pop gun is what caused my vacation. Second go at OU I wasn't on the field. I chose to drink my sorrows away in the stands. Thankfully I chose to attend class on a regular basis.

So I took baby baj up to see the Ruf Nek ponies before the pregame Homecoming parade, but didn't realize they were about to start the parade. I get her up close to a pony and BLAM! All your little fadada brethren fire in unison.

She is Sooner born and bred --- she did not seem to mind in the least :)

cvsooner
12/18/2013, 02:20 PM
Freshman in 1974, graduated in 1978. Sooners went 41-5-1 during my time there, with some headscratching and inexplicable losses. I did appreciate what a special run it was though.

Prior to my enrollment, as a sophomore in high school, OU in 1971 went 11-1, with only loss to national champ Nebraska in the Game of the Century.

HS Junior year: 1972 went 11-1, with only loss to Colorado at Boulder, but a thrilling victory at Nebraska.

Senior year in HS: Barry Switzer is now the coach and we're on probation. 1973, 10-0-1, with the tie at Southern Cal.

Arrived at OU in fall of 1974. Close game with Baylor in Norman in awful heat; people wondering around me if hiring Switzer was really a good idea. Proceed to go 11-0 and an NC. Baylor, I think, wins the Southwest Conference and the Cotton Bowl in maybe their second best season ever...until this one.

1975: won the NC, beat Nebraska in come from behind victory in Norman, but the crazy, crazy loss to Kansas, in Norman. Kansas let students out of school the following Monday because the win was so significant. Colorado was a missed extra point away from tying us. Close game.

1976: graduated a bunch of people: Steve Davis, Joe Washington and so on. QB battle on with Dean Blevins and Thomas Lott. Tied Texas, so we were 5-0-1 when OSewe came to Norman. We lost a close one. I was smitten on a girl at OSewe from my hometown and she used to bring the game up when she wanted to needle me. People in the stands were beginning to wonder if Switzer was really that good a coach.

It got really vocal the following game when we lost to Colorado in Boulder. Back to back losses? Unpossible. 'Bury Barry' signs began appearing in Norman. I think they were on the flip side of the 'Chuck Chuck signs that were around from 1970. A great come from behind win at Nebraska probably saved his job that season. (Only half-kidding.) Dean Blevins makes a critical throw in that game to help the cause, but QB controversy is largely over.

1977: dramatic victory over Ohio State on the road; Blevins comes off the bench and makes a key play on another pass to set up Von Schamann's FG. We lose to Texas. Argh. Run the table the rest of the way and then comes Lou Holthtz and Arkansas in the Orange Bowl and we get just killed.

1978 and 1979 both went 11-1, with losses to Nebraska--I can still hear the radio call when Billy Sims fumbles down near the goal line--(but got it back in the the Orange Bowl Osborne didn't want to play), and lost yet again to Texas in 1979.

Yeah, some pretty good football during my high school, college and just graduated years.

OU68
12/18/2013, 04:24 PM
65-68 (came in as a sophmore) Gomer/Jim/Chuck - most memorable thing was Owens left/Owens right/Owens up the middle.

DCsooner22
12/18/2013, 04:38 PM
WHATTA POST! What an amazing experience for a football fan!

It certainly went from almost as bad as it's ever been to some of the best. :)

The psychological scars of losing cut deep. To this day, I usually still never expect a win and am humbly happy when we do. :wink:

What is it you do in DC?

I'm a marine biologist for the Smithsonian - focus on corals and coral reproduction/conservation.

Cheers
Mike

fadada1
12/18/2013, 05:06 PM
I'm a marine biologist for the Smithsonian - focus on corals and coral reproduction/conservation.

Cheers
Mike
And I'm an architect. You see the new wing at the Gugenheim?
:wink:

DCsooner22
12/18/2013, 10:35 PM
And I'm an architect. You see the new wing at the Gugenheim?
:wink:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/10/104460/1827053-dog_not_sure.jpg

Not sure if serious - that really is what I do, among other things (dive safety officer, part-time faculty)... I can post my bio if you want...

Cheers
Mike

fadada1
12/19/2013, 08:31 AM
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/10/104460/1827053-dog_not_sure.jpg

Not sure if serious - that really is what I do, among other things (dive safety officer, part-time faculty)... I can post my bio if you want...

Cheers
Mike
Sorry if you missed the Seinfeld reference. :beguiled:

DCsooner22
12/19/2013, 09:04 AM
Ahhhh.... Brutal, no - I missed it. My bad. Got it now - George always wanted to pretend to be an acrhitect. And then there was the Marine Biologist episode (I have a friend who has that shirt... :) ).

King Barry's Back
12/19/2013, 09:21 AM
'84 thru '87

42-5-1

Never lost to texas, aggie, or the Cornhuskers. However, never could beat the 'Canes.

Yep, those were my undergrad years. 84 - Big 8 Champions, Orange Bowl loss to Washington, "tied" Texas
85 - National Champions, beat Penn St in Orange Bowl
86 - Big 8 Champions, lost National Championship game to Miami
87 - Big 8 Champions, beat Arkansas in Orange Bowl

I was lucky. I got to a attend all four Orange Bowls in person.

Unfortunately, I then went to grad school at OU, and the Gibbs years were hell on my won/loss record.

One other note -- The 85 season started late. We were supposed to open at home against SMU, followed by a bye week. But the SMU game was moved to the end of the season for TV purposes, so we opened 3-weeks after the rest of the country. We opened at Minnesota, and then at Kan State. After those first two games, I was fortunate to attend every other game in person during a national championship season. The 1985 team was ranked no 1 pre-season, but due to the late start, we dropped to 3 or so. We never reclaimed no 1 until after winning the Orange Bowl. At that time, and maybe still today, we were the only team ever to be ranked no 1 in the first pre-season poll, and no 1 in the last poll, but never to play as the no 1 team.

stoopified
12/19/2013, 09:25 AM
'78-'32 (including redshirt year) 47-12-1

BoomerJack
12/21/2013, 01:40 PM
65-68 (came in as a sophmore) Gomer/Jim/Chuck - most memorable thing was Owens left/Owens right/Owens up the middle.
Attended OU fall 1968 through Dec. 1972. Went to the Sugar Bowl New Year's Eve 1972 when we beat Penn State. Warmack, Owens, Zabel, Mildren, Pruitt, Ray Hamilton and I think the oldest Selmon brother. I know I'm missing a lot of other great players. Witnessed the emergence of the wishbone and some hellacious defenses.

12/21/2013, 02:06 PM
Attended OU fall 1968 through Dec. 1972. Went to the Sugar Bowl New Year's Eve 1972 when we beat Penn State. Warmack, Owens, Zabel, Mildren, Pruitt, Ray Hamilton and I think the oldest Selmon brother. I know I'm missing a lot of other great players. Witnessed the emergence of the wishbone and some hellacious defenses.The 1971 victory over the whorns 45-28 I think it was, is certainly one of my fave Sooner games of all time. Mildren and Pruitt went wild running the famed tx wishbone down the throats of those same whorns.

I was living in Dallas, and the Media, as usual, was completely pro-whorn. I saw the game live, but would love to hear a re- broadcast of that game on the whorn radio network.:texan:

12/21/2013, 02:15 PM
Yep, those were my undergrad years. 84 - Big 8 Champions, Orange Bowl loss to Washington, "tied" Texas
85 - National Champions, beat Penn St in Orange Bowl
86 - Big 8 Champions, lost National Championship game to Miami
87 - Big 8 Champions, beat Arkansas in Orange Bowl

I was lucky. I got to a attend all four Orange Bowls....i'm pretty sure the 1987 season was when we lost to Miami in the OB. (6-20) We didn't throw a pass until the middle of the 4th quarter. I was so PO'd. Miami had 8 guys on the defensive line the entire game, and stuffed us.

TAFBSooner
12/23/2013, 04:55 PM
My OU seasons were 1974 thru 1977 - (some of) the best of times.

Especially arriving from Capitol Hill HS in OKC, where we finally won a game my junior year, ending a 40-some game losing streak.

My first away game was freezing in Lincoln, lined up with the goal line. I 'remember' a great four-down goal-line stand, but it doesn't seem to be reported that way in the game summary - NU missed a 23-yard field goal.

In 1977 my then-wife and I went to every game, including the victory over Ohio State where von Foot led the block-that-kick cheer before nailing the victory.

OP, thanks for starting this thread.

Jacie
12/23/2013, 06:29 PM
Especially arriving from Capitol Hill HS in OKC, where we finally won a game my junior year, ending a 40-some game losing streak.

In 1977 my then-wife and I went to every game, including the victory over Ohio State where von Foot led the block-that-kick cheer before nailing the victory.

You know, Cap Hill was in the midst of a 56-game (I think) losing streak the last time I saw them against my highschool in 1970, so the thought that they had another is kind of scary.

A buddy of mine did student teaching there around the time you were there, history and football coach, tall fellow, white hair?

Oh, and I was in Columbus that day too!