View Full Version : OSU butthurt continues

soonertodd
12/15/2013, 08:54 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=181&f=2336&t=12475021&p=1

Just saw this.hilarious.

8timechamps
12/15/2013, 09:09 PM
It's more embarrassing than hilarious.

They dig that inferiority complex hole deeper and deeper with each passing year.

Wishboned
12/15/2013, 09:14 PM
I like the thread on that page where they talk about the chances of Gundy going to Texas, and how bad OU fans want that because we're afraid of what he's building in Stillwater.

Yeah, 1-8 is keeping me awake at night.

EatLeadCommie
12/15/2013, 09:15 PM
Pathetic. You could call a hold on about every play if you want to get technical.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/15/2013, 09:21 PM
They are so cute. <Pinches Little Brother's cheeks>

SouthFortySooner
12/15/2013, 09:40 PM
When its finished it will be a compilation of getting beaten. Ha!

bluedogok
12/15/2013, 09:51 PM
Pathetic. You could call a hold on about every play if you want to get technical.
Multiple calls on each play.

birddog
12/15/2013, 10:12 PM
Yeah, when they lose like we did in Eugene I'll accept their hand·wringing. Otherwise its just comical to see them so frustrated over losing at home to a young, very inexperienced kick *** team. Btw, our whites look really sharp on tv.

70sooner
12/15/2013, 10:14 PM
but, but, the calls all went against them.....da zebras are in OUr pocket....and they will be more than happy to tell us so.

fadada1
12/15/2013, 10:15 PM
At least they have a couple level-heads there.

Wait... No they don't. Maybe the big 12 will reverse the outcome of the game. F-ing tards.

olevetonahill
12/15/2013, 10:17 PM
As Much as I love to Laugh at them, Have Yall not read THIS board ? Hell we dont sound much different at times.

oudivesherpa
12/15/2013, 10:39 PM
So True, vet

ouwasp
12/15/2013, 11:00 PM
let 'em stew in their misery...I'd like to read an interview with Boone about now...

Salt City Sooner
12/15/2013, 11:48 PM
but, but, the calls all went against them.....da zebras are in OUr pocket....and they will be more than happy to tell us so.
And yet this same crew did OU absolutely no favors in Dallas earlier this year. Of course, you'll never hear those ijimimuts talk about that little detail.

picasso
12/15/2013, 11:52 PM
Yeah, when they lose like we did in Eugene I'll accept their hand·wringing. Otherwise its just comical to see them so frustrated over losing at home to a young, very inexperienced kick *** team. Btw, our whites look really sharp on tv.
That was the same year they got screwed at Houston and the pokes I know laughed at us for whining. I told they're used to losing. We're not.

Widescreen
12/16/2013, 12:12 AM
Btw, our whites look really sharp on tv.

That's racist.

olevetonahill
12/16/2013, 12:19 AM
That's racist.

Heh

sendbaht
12/16/2013, 01:19 AM
a police officer could follow you and find something wrong with the way you are driving if they wanted to..but "most" of the time they let us drive. they could call a holding call on every play and it would be correct...but "most" of the time they let them play.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/16/2013, 02:01 AM
I think I would enjoy football fandom more if holding was called more scrupulously.

rock on sooner
12/16/2013, 07:28 AM
I think I would enjoy football fandom more if holding was called more scrupulously.
You'd sure have enough time to enjoy six hour games....all the flags stopping play...!

SoonerMarkVA
12/16/2013, 07:53 AM
When its finished it will be a compilation of getting beaten. Ha!

LOL! Yup, another highlight video for us to enjoy.

stoopified
12/16/2013, 08:18 AM
ags

12/16/2013, 11:09 AM
You'd sure have enough time to enjoy six hour games....all the flags stopping play...!Of course that would initially happen, but coaches and players would QUICKLY correct the problem.

tycat947
12/16/2013, 11:44 AM
Anyone know if Gundy, Holder, etc. has filed an official complaint with the Big 12 over the ridiculous referee team that butchered that game? Anyone that has a game program, I would personally like to know who the refs were, by name.

Priceless!

badger
12/16/2013, 11:46 AM
Sooo... anyone wanna review the tape to find out who threw snowballs (and that damned turkey leg) at our players so that charges can be filed with the Stillwater police?

They do this in the NFL in areas that receive more snow. Packer season ticket holders have to be leery of who they sell to, because anything their ticket holder does inside the stadium (disorderly drunkenness, throwing stuff including snow) can be used to revoke those precious profitable season tickets.

tycat947
12/16/2013, 11:48 AM
Sooo... anyone wanna review the tape to find out who threw snowballs (and that damned turkey leg) at our players so that charges can be filed with the Stillwater police?

They do this in the NFL in areas that receive more snow. Packer season ticket holders have to be leery of who they sell to, because anything their ticket holder does inside the stadium (disorderly drunkenness, throwing stuff including snow) can be used to revoke those precious profitable season tickets.

It doesn't count when they are justified! The refs cheated so they were justified to throw snowballs, turkey legs, etc!!!

badger
12/16/2013, 11:56 AM
It doesn't count when they are justified! The refs cheated so they were justified to throw snowballs, turkey legs, etc!!!

I'm not upset about it and I wouldn't have been too upset if OU had lost that game, because we played our hearts out at the end and it was clear to me who the better team was most of the game (kind of like last year's Bedl@m game, heh).

The bratty way OSU fans reacted to us celebrating our good plays and post-victory celebration was concerning, not upsetting (because Aggy acts crazy that game, regardless). You do NOT want fans throwing things on the field, whether it's snow, turkey legs, water bottles, etc.

I suspect this will be addressed by the Big 12 in the offseason.

KantoSooner
12/16/2013, 12:24 PM
Ah, I remember the good old days of the B8 and the shower of oranges that would flood the field when we clinched the league.

Is any bowl game affiliated with a turkey leg meat packer? Is there a 'ButterBall Turkey Bowl"? Maybe Pokes are just being exuberant over their supposed bowl destination.

badger
12/16/2013, 12:58 PM
Ah, I remember the good old days of the B8 and the shower of oranges that would flood the field when we clinched the league.

Is any bowl game affiliated with a turkey leg meat packer? Is there a 'ButterBall Turkey Bowl"? Maybe Pokes are just being exuberant over their supposed bowl destination.

I would have been fine with them throwing cotton balls on the field

Wishboned
12/16/2013, 01:01 PM
I don't know if they were throwing the snowballs or just acknowledging the fact that they didn't have a snowballs chance in hell.

Curly Bill
12/16/2013, 01:28 PM
As Much as I love to Laugh at them, Have Yall not read THIS board ? Hell we dont sound much different at times.

This ^^^^^

Soonerjeepman
12/16/2013, 01:45 PM
I know I'll prob get blasted....and I know that NEVER happens at OU, and it is NOT justified at all....BUT...I'd rather our guys just win and celebrate with OUr fans or their teammates...leave the taunting the osu crowd out of it. Like Barry Sanders said, act like you've been there. Again, just my 2 cents...

Curly Bill
12/16/2013, 01:49 PM
I know I'll prob get blasted....and I know that NEVER happens at OU, and it is NOT justified at all....BUT...I'd rather our guys just win and celebrate with OUr fans or their teammates...leave the taunting the osu crowd out of it. Like Barry Sanders said, act like you've been there. Again, just my 2 cents...

Agreed!

Soonerwake
12/16/2013, 02:16 PM
That's an interesting observation, as I agree to a point. Sure, our players were certainly 'yucking it up" a bit. There was smack talking going on the entire game. As a person that has been in that stadium a number of times, especially down there by those benches, I can honestly say that you would be shocked to hear the stuff that goes on, and the things that are said to the visiting players, ESPECIALLY Sooner players. Obviously, we had some players that were dishing it back. No blood, no foul. And I agree that our players should have probably just put a smile on their face and moved on.

But, when a fan takes the action to pick up and throw a projectile with the intention of hitting a player on the field, then the line is crossed. I know, we threw oranges onto the field in the old days and we still throw the opposing teams missed field goal ball over the side, but I have never witnessed anyone throwing things at opposing players. Period. Has it happened in some fashion over the last 50 years, probably. Has it ever happened to the degree that we witnessed in Stillwater, absolutely not. Like i have said before, I will NEVER go back to Stillwater as an opposing fan. I will go anywhere else, but never Stillwater. The hatred for everything red is blinding and craziness is everywhere.. I am still a little shocked that noone, the schools, the conference, the media, hasn't made a bigger deal of the fans throwing stuff incident. It was portrayed in the local media as "chippy", but never was anything else made of it.
So, my opinion is that no matter what the players say or do on the field, the fans have NO right to throw things at them. NONE!!! If you do, you should be charged with a crime.. And, I don't care if it's OU fans, OSU fans, or whoever. It's ridiculous and something should have been done.

My $0.02..

badger
12/16/2013, 02:56 PM
:D you see what I've done here is deflect attention away from questionable game calls and placed the focus on a limited number of OSU fans who decided to act stupid after the game :D

12/16/2013, 03:02 PM
:D you see what I've done here is deflect attention away from questionable game calls and placed the focus on a limited number of OSU fans who decided to act stupid after the game :DWell, we(OU) got bad calls against us without a doubt, so much ado about nothing.

KantoSooner
12/16/2013, 03:34 PM
It was a fairly bad crew of officials.

bad as in incompetent.

Soonerwake
12/16/2013, 03:35 PM
:D you see what I've done here is deflect attention away from questionable game calls and placed the focus on a limited number of OSU fans who decided to act stupid after the game :D

Probably cuz flags and no-calls happen every single game. But, still a nice tactic.. :friendly_wink:

Wishboned
12/16/2013, 03:55 PM
There's a user over there with the handle of OSUTOOTHDOCTOR.

I bet with the OSU fanbase he's about as lonely as the Maytag repairman.

KantoSooner
12/16/2013, 04:29 PM
Oh, he's got lots of work! It's his brother, OSUTEETHDOCTOR who's thinking of shutting his practice.

tycat947
12/16/2013, 05:01 PM
Oh, he's got lots of work! It's his brother, OSUTEETHDOCTOR who's thinking of shutting his practice.

:highly_amused:

Flying Scotsman
12/16/2013, 11:34 PM
I laughed so hard my ol' lady's butt hurt...:

soonertodd
12/16/2013, 11:49 PM
My forum privileges on there have been revoked haha

olevetonahill
12/17/2013, 12:04 AM
Yall are so cool.
They would NEVER Let me join !

badger
12/18/2013, 09:29 AM
My forum privileges on there have been revoked haha

Yeah, they're not very tolerant of opposing fans on OSU boards, namely OP. Hell, they're not too tolerant of their own fans after losses. I think one of our resident Pokes even got banned (temporary I think) when they were sounding too reasonable :stunned:

CowboyMRW
12/18/2013, 10:25 AM
Laugh now, but when the conference revokes your win because of the "terrible officiating" we will see who has the last laugh. So get them in now.

CowboyMRW
12/18/2013, 10:28 AM
On a more serious note, I didn't realize people even visited the scout board. I haven't been on it in over two years and it was dead when I left. I love OP, but I don't venture onto the mainboard. Too many retards floating around. There are quite a few Sooner fans on there with full posting privileges that I see. I don't see too many get permabanned. Just sent to OU-OSU and Flame.

badger
12/18/2013, 10:37 AM
I don't see too many get permabanned. Just sent to OU-OSU and Flame.

Which essentially is a ban :)

Welcome back, btw. So sorry you haven't had a national championship in 2013 to add to your sig line :D

sooneredaco
12/18/2013, 10:55 AM
On a more serious note, I didn't realize people even visited the scout board. I haven't been on it in over two years and it was dead when I left. I love OP, but I don't venture onto the mainboard. Too many retards floating around. There are quite a few Sooner fans on there with full posting privileges that I see. I don't see too many get permabanned. Just sent to OU-OSU and Flame.

Welcome back MRW. Good luck to you in the bowl game. So what's next year looking like for OSU? I am under the impression that this was "the year" that it all came together then those mean gooners snatched it away from them.

KantoSooner
12/18/2013, 11:06 AM
MRW, please do what you can to make sure youse guys lay a beat down on Mizzou that is biblical in proportion. Something that tears the living heart out of their program's chest for years to come. Sort of like what we did to Booger.

CowboyMRW
12/18/2013, 11:12 AM
Welcome back MRW. Good luck to you in the bowl game. So what's next year looking like for OSU? I am under the impression that this was "the year" that it all came together then those mean gooners snatched it away from them.

Honestly, if we couldn't beat you this year, I have a hard time seeing Gundy do it in the near future. Florida State will beat us by 3 TDs most likely. I also see losses to Baylor and OU so a 9-3 season would be ok in my book. Go to the Alamo and play a Pac 12 team is my best guess for next year.

Offensively we should be better. We will return Devin Davis which is huge to our OL. Lose Tracy Moore and Charlie Moore from the WR spot, and Chelf at QB. Chelf is no loss to me at all as I thought he was terrible his entire career.

We return Walsh and am bringing in a kid that is very, very talented. Mason Rudolph is his name, and he will have very high expectations on him from the get go. Much higher than Lunt. Roland and Childs will be the two backs next year and will be a good tandem. Word is Stewart is going to return so that is huge. We add the fastest kid in CFB to the roster in Tyreek Hill. His 200 time would finished 6th in the Olympics in 2012. A WR corp of Stewart, Hill, Ateman, Shepard, Samples, and Seales have me super excited for that position group.

Defensively, wow, Barnett, Lavey, Lewis, Gilbert, Johnson, and Lowe are all gone. Very, very big losses, especially Barnett and Gilbert. Spencer had a very good year as DC aside from one series, but he had a lot of talent to work with especially that front 7.

Castleman and Ofa will be our DTs next year, and while Castleman is good, he's no Barnett. They should be serviceable. Our DE's should be pretty good next year as we only lose Tyler Johnson. LB's are scary though. Lavey, Mitchell, and Lewis. Both 3 year starters that played amazing this year. Ryan Simmons will probably move to MLB. Demarcus Sherod should be back from injury and will man one of the spots. No clue who will get the star LB spot. Seth Jacobs maybe? This group has me pretty scared for next year.Gilbert will be replaced by Kevin Peterson who is a good corner in his own right. Maybe not Top 15 pick like Gilbert, but he's a good cover guy. Lampkin, may be the other guy, not 100% sure who will be. Safety should be Shamiel Gary and Lyndell Johnson who have me very excited back there.

CowboyMRW
12/18/2013, 11:17 AM
MRW, please do what you can to make sure youse guys lay a beat down on Mizzou that is biblical in proportion. Something that tears the living heart out of their program's chest for years to come. Sort of like what we did to Booger.

Much like Stoops owns Gundy, Gundy seems to have the edge on Pinkel. 3-1 lifetime, including our 2008 victory which most at OSU kind of refer to as the turning point in OSU football. I like our odds of shutting them down offensively. The matchup of the night is going to be Gilbert and Green-Beckham. I am super pumped about that and I'm sure there are quite a few NFL scouts that will have their eye on that one.

Offensively, their front 7 is pretty fierce, although it was against subpar competition. They get after the QB so our OL will have their hands full. Chelf will need a great game, although after watching Auburn dismantle them with the Read Option, I think we might have some success with it.

olevetonahill
12/18/2013, 11:31 AM
So cowboy, does that mean ya want to bet again next year?

CowboyMRW
12/18/2013, 11:40 AM
So cowboy, does that mean ya want to bet again next year?

Seeing as I'm down 200 already. We are guaranteed to lose to OU next year, that means I would need at a minimum two losses from OU next year, and that's if OU is our only Big 12 loss. Baylor and Texas are my two hopes, but they won't happen. Everyone else is terrible in the Big 12, I'm gonna have to pass right now. Maybe when the orange koolaid is really flowing come August, but right now it's not worth it for me to just ship you 100 dollars.

badger
12/18/2013, 11:44 AM
Maybe when the orange koolaid is really flowing

But surely you have some basketball-flavored orange koolaid you're drinking right about now. Care to put your beloved avatar/sig/etc up for grabs again for the 4 (potentially more) OU-OSU mens/womens bball matchups this season? As much fun as it is to watch n00bs get after you for your sig, it's time for something new

CowboyMRW
12/18/2013, 11:48 AM
But surely you have some basketball-flavored orange koolaid you're drinking right about now. Care to put your beloved avatar/sig/etc up for grabs again for the 4 (potentially more) OU-OSU mens/womens bball matchups this season? As much fun as it is to watch n00bs get after you for your sig, it's time for something new

I would be down for that. OSU should sweep Mens, although for some unknown reason we will split because LNC does weird things to us. Haven't seen a second of your women play, but our team looks to be pretty good. I like our odds of taking 3/4 from you.

olevetonahill
12/18/2013, 11:54 AM
Seeing as I'm down 200 already. We are guaranteed to lose to OU next year, that means I would need at a minimum two losses from OU next year, and that's if OU is our only Big 12 loss. Baylor and Texas are my two hopes, but they won't happen. Everyone else is terrible in the Big 12, I'm gonna have to pass right now. Maybe when the orange koolaid is really flowing come August, but right now it's not worth it for me to just ship you 100 dollars.

Heh. Yer a Good man fer a sheep humper. When ever ya wanta try to get even let me know.

sooneron
12/18/2013, 12:00 PM
Please beat mizery, plzkthnx! [hairGel]

badger
12/18/2013, 12:21 PM
I would be down for that. OSU should sweep Mens, although for some unknown reason we will split because LNC does weird things to us. Haven't seen a second of your women play, but our team looks to be pretty good. I like our odds of taking 3/4 from you.

I'll PM you details. And like everyone else already said, please beat Misery/Missouri/Mizzou/Mizzery

thecrimsoncrusader
12/18/2013, 12:35 PM
Honestly, if we couldn't beat you this year, I have a hard time seeing Gundy do it in the near future. Florida State will beat us by 3 TDs most likely. I also see losses to Baylor and OU so a 9-3 season would be ok in my book. Go to the Alamo and play a Pac 12 team is my best guess for next year.

Offensively we should be better. We will return Devin Davis which is huge to our OL. Lose Tracy Moore and Charlie Moore from the WR spot, and Chelf at QB. Chelf is no loss to me at all as I thought he was terrible his entire career.

We return Walsh and am bringing in a kid that is very, very talented. Mason Rudolph is his name, and he will have very high expectations on him from the get go. Much higher than Lunt. Roland and Childs will be the two backs next year and will be a good tandem. Word is Stewart is going to return so that is huge. We add the fastest kid in CFB to the roster in Tyreek Hill. His 200 time would finished 6th in the Olympics in 2012. A WR corp of Stewart, Hill, Ateman, Shepard, Samples, and Seales have me super excited for that position group.

Defensively, wow, Barnett, Lavey, Lewis, Gilbert, Johnson, and Lowe are all gone. Very, very big losses, especially Barnett and Gilbert. Spencer had a very good year as DC aside from one series, but he had a lot of talent to work with especially that front 7.

Castleman and Ofa will be our DTs next year, and while Castleman is good, he's no Barnett. They should be serviceable. Our DE's should be pretty good next year as we only lose Tyler Johnson. LB's are scary though. Lavey, Mitchell, and Lewis. Both 3 year starters that played amazing this year. Ryan Simmons will probably move to MLB. Demarcus Sherod should be back from injury and will man one of the spots. No clue who will get the star LB spot. Seth Jacobs maybe? This group has me pretty scared for next year.Gilbert will be replaced by Kevin Peterson who is a good corner in his own right. Maybe not Top 15 pick like Gilbert, but he's a good cover guy. Lampkin, may be the other guy, not 100% sure who will be. Safety should be Shamiel Gary and Lyndell Johnson who have me very excited back there.

OSU's biggest problem is Yurcich. As much as I hate saying it, I think OSU would have won this most recent game with either Holgy or Monken calling plays. I think Yurcich is out of his league.

CowboyMRW
12/18/2013, 12:43 PM
OSU's biggest problem is Yurcich. As much as I hate saying it, I think OSU would have won this most recent game with either Holgy or Monken calling plays. I think Yurcich is out of his league.

While I tend to agree with you, I think there is something going on behind the scenes that no one knows about. Not so sure about Holgorsen but with Monken, I think we do win, not just because of the play calling, but also because of the swagger he brought.

Our offense was very basic and predictable including the West Virginia game. That game we flat out sucked offensively. And then play calling changed a bit and we got on a roll winning up unto OU, where our offense kind of went back into a shell like it was the first of the year.

A part of me believes that Gundy had a huge hand in calling plays the first of the year, and had a big say in Bedlam as this was very Gundy-esque plays. Gundy finally took the reins off and we went on a little tear.

What's done is done, and Yurcich was very instrumental in bringing in Rudolph so I'm open to give him two more years at least. This is Shippensburg anymore and I think he realizes that.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/18/2013, 12:49 PM
I was very thankful he decided to throw 3 straight passes after running the ball down our throats on that 98 yard drive..I told my buddy that if OSU comes out running the ball on the next drive, we'll be in serious trouble.. 3 incomplete passes later, I was dumbfounded.

Jacie
12/18/2013, 01:18 PM
While I tend to agree with you, I think there is something going on behind the scenes that no one knows about.

A part of me believes that Gundy had a huge hand in calling plays the first of the year, and had a big say in Bedlam as this was very Gundy-esque plays. Gundy finally took the reins off and we went on a little tear.

And for my next revelation I will blow the roof off of offensive play calling: it is the person on the sideline who holds up those cards . . .

MichiganSooner
12/18/2013, 01:52 PM
Anyone have a clip of the OSU tackler, Gilbert ?, tackling one of our guys by picking him up and body-slamming him down like he is a TV wrestler?

KantoSooner
12/18/2013, 02:52 PM
Michigan,
Y'know, I saw that tackle and thought it was a tad on the dirty side. Probably not flaggable as a continuation of a clean tackle, but I'm wondering what they would have done if, as I recall from high school wrestling, the tacklee was to get his knee, say, into the small of the tackler's back and then just let him continue the move, concentrating all that force on his own spine.
It was great fun to watch the eyeballs open on the dicks in high school who liked to take people down like that.

MsProudSooner
12/18/2013, 04:24 PM
Anyone have a clip of the OSU tackler, Gilbert ?, tackling one of our guys by picking him up and body-slamming him down like he is a TV wrestler?

I remember that play. If it's not an infraction, it should be. Something like that is every bit as dangerous as targeting.

Turd_Ferguson
12/18/2013, 04:25 PM
Michigan,
Y'know, I saw that tackle and thought it was a tad on the dirty side. Probably not flaggable as a continuation of a clean tackle, but I'm wondering what they would have done if, as I recall from high school wrestling, the tacklee was to get his knee, say, into the small of the tackler's back and then just let him continue the move, concentrating all that force on his own spine.
It was great fun to watch the eyeballs open on the dicks in high school who liked to take people down like that.

I just completely blacked out trying to picture how that would happen...

8timechamps
12/18/2013, 04:28 PM
Of course there were missed calls in the game. There are missed calls in every game. There were, however, three instances that I thought were pretty poorly officiated.

1. The first bad spot on Saunders catch.
2. The second bad spot on Saunders catch.
3. The non-call on sideline interference. A flag was thrown, but picked up for some reason. That was a big play for OU, so I'm happy it got picked up, but I think the correct call there is to throw a flag.

8timechamps
12/18/2013, 04:29 PM
I remember that play. If it's not an infraction, it should be. Something like that is every bit as dangerous as targeting.

That's a VERY inconsistently called penalty. I've seen it called unnecessary roughness in a lot of games, but then I see it go uncalled in a lot of games. I'm not sure the officials really know what to do there.

KantoSooner
12/18/2013, 04:30 PM
When someone picks you up, they've got a limited number of places they can grab. If they try around the waist, a sort of suplex thing, you can somtimes get your foot on the ground as both of you fall. If he happens to fall on top of your planted knee, then he essentially takes a belly flop on your knee. Hurts.
Not a high percentage move and things have to break just right. I was just wondering if an ******* move to counter an ******* move would get flaggef if the first ******* move wasn't.
Academic, really.

CowboyMRW
12/18/2013, 04:49 PM
Of course there were missed calls in the game. There are missed calls in every game. There were, however, three instances that I thought were pretty poorly officiated.

3. The non-call on sideline interference. A flag was thrown, but picked up for some reason. That was a big play for OU, so I'm happy it got picked up, but I think the correct call there is to throw a flag.

Was there live, but could tell officials were giving bad spots quite a few times on both sides. Don't care about holding even though it cost us 7 points.

1) I was unhappy picking up the flag on sideline interference. That's pretty black and white in the rulebook.
2) I wasn't happy that they missed 2 blocks in the back on the punt return, but as a former official, sometimes people miss things. I understand that real speed judgement calls are hard to make.
3) I wasn't happy with the lack of intentional grounding called on Trevor right before half. That was pretty black and white also.

What's done is done. Can't complain about officiating when coaches are completely unprepared. Both teams and fanbases have moved on I thought, as both teams have huge bowl games coming up, especially for Big 12 relevancy.

I've only seen the suplex tackle called once for unnecessary roughness, and that was last year on the Alabama kid.

olevetonahill
12/18/2013, 05:05 PM
OsEwe should have been penalized for wearing those ugly assed uniforms.

BoulderSooner79
12/18/2013, 05:10 PM
I was interested in the reason that the sideline interference flag was picked up. After watching the replay, my assumption was that it was really the ref drifting *way* too far outside the boundary and into the players area. It had to be another ref determining that. The other potential is that another ref determined it happened after the whistle, but I don't know if that makes a difference anyway. The white lane was very clear and the contact had to be a trip that may have been an inch or 2 inside that area. Not anything like those calls I've seen before and the ref did drift far afield. But it had to be an over-rule, because the guy that tripped threw his flag immediately and was probably mad/embarrassed (just my speculation).

picasso
12/18/2013, 05:54 PM

They did that to Kenny Stills in '10 and a poke DT tried to knee DM7 in the head on his first carry in said game.
Dirty wannabes.

picasso
12/18/2013, 05:58 PM
Was there live, but could tell officials were giving bad spots quite a few times on both sides. Don't care about holding even though it cost us 7 points.

1) I was unhappy picking up the flag on sideline interference. That's pretty black and white in the rulebook.
2) I wasn't happy that they missed 2 blocks in the back on the punt return, but as a former official, sometimes people miss things. I understand that real speed judgement calls are hard to make.
3) I wasn't happy with the lack of intentional grounding called on Trevor right before half. That was pretty black and white also.

What's done is done. Can't complain about officiating when coaches are completely unprepared. Both teams and fanbases have moved on I thought, as both teams have huge bowl games coming up, especially for Big 12 relevancy.

I've only seen the suplex tackle called once for unnecessary roughness, and that was last year on the Alabama kid.
I wasn't happy about the block in back on the KR in '08 or Kendal Hunter fumble that we recovered but didn't get also but yada yada thems the breaks.
You guys choked. And the old poke rhyme continues.

tycat947
12/18/2013, 06:00 PM
I wasn't happy about the block in back on the KR in '08 or Kendal Hunter fumble that we recovered but didn't get also but yada yada thems the breaks.

But you know OU and the whorns are trying to keep BPU down! EVERYTHING that bad happens to BPU is OU's fault! ALWAYS!!!

8timechamps
12/18/2013, 07:44 PM
I was interested in the reason that the sideline interference flag was picked up. After watching the replay, my assumption was that it was really the ref drifting *way* too far outside the boundary and into the players area. It had to be another ref determining that. The other potential is that another ref determined it happened after the whistle, but I don't know if that makes a difference anyway. The white lane was very clear and the contact had to be a trip that may have been an inch or 2 inside that area. Not anything like those calls I've seen before and the ref did drift far afield. But it had to be an over-rule, because the guy that tripped threw his flag immediately and was probably mad/embarrassed (just my speculation).

I have no inside knowledge, but having watched it many times, I still think the call should have stood. What I think happened is the player involved (who was on the white, but not more than a foot or two) jumped back so quickly, and the ref (who was close to the player area) looked back (after throwing the flag) and saw that the player was in the player area, and thought he had drifted too far. Since every other ref on the field had their responsibilities (and none of them were to watch the players off the field), I think the ref that tripped just wasn't sure, and one of the others said he didn't see anything. So, since they were in doubt, the flag was picked up. By rule though, it was sideline interference. Fortunately, our guy jumped back quick enough to put doubt in the mind of the official.

Also, I don't think he tripped. I think those guys are so used to running backward/sideways in that are (unencumbered), that when he hit something, he automatically was thrown off balance. I completely agree though, the flag came out because he was man/embarrassed.

BoulderSooner79
12/18/2013, 08:03 PM
I have no inside knowledge, but having watched it many times, I still think the call should have stood. What I think happened is the player involved (who was on the white, but not more than a foot or two) jumped back so quickly, and the ref (who was close to the player area) looked back (after throwing the flag) and saw that the player was in the player area, and thought he had drifted too far. Since every other ref on the field had their responsibilities (and none of them were to watch the players off the field), I think the ref that tripped just wasn't sure, and one of the others said he didn't see anything. So, since they were in doubt, the flag was picked up. By rule though, it was sideline interference. Fortunately, our guy jumped back quick enough to put doubt in the mind of the official.

Also, I don't think he tripped. I think those guys are so used to running backward/sideways in that are (unencumbered), that when he hit something, he automatically was thrown off balance. I completely agree though, the flag came out because he was man/embarrassed.

By "trip", I meant tripped by a player. I'm not claiming there shouldn't have been a flag, just curious about the reason it was picked up. I did see someone else on the net claimed the head linesman was the one that talked the side judge into picking it up. Maybe he thought the side judge ran to far out of bounds. Who knows. The times I've seen that flagged in the past , it has been much more blatant and it's usually a coach with a toe in the field of play. Maybe the main ref didn't think something that ticky tack should impact a big game like that. It would be nice to hear it from the refs themselves.

8timechamps
12/18/2013, 08:07 PM
By "trip", I meant tripped by a player. I'm not claiming there shouldn't have been a flag, just curious about the reason it was picked up. I did see someone else on the net claimed the head linesman was the one that talked the side judge into picking it up. Maybe he thought the side judge ran to far out of bounds. Who knows. The times I've seen that flagged in the past , it has been much more blatant and it's usually a coach with a toe in the field of play. Maybe the main ref didn't think something that ticky tack should impact a big game like that. It would be nice to hear it from the refs themselves.

I didn't think you meant one of our guys actually stuck his foot out to trip the official (like the Poke cheerleader). Anyway, there were plenty of missed/bad calls in this game, as there is in any game. But, yes, it would be interesting to hear the officials side of things.

MsProudSooner
12/18/2013, 10:35 PM
I didn't think you meant one of our guys actually stuck his foot out to trip the official (like the Poke cheerleader). Anyway, there were plenty of missed/bad calls in this game, as there is in any game. But, yes, it would be interesting to hear the officials side of things.

It seemed that the official didn't pick up the flag until another official said something to him.

Mazeppa
12/18/2013, 10:54 PM

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ufaia1.jpg

CowboyMRW
12/19/2013, 10:09 AM

I'm not disagreeing with you. Squinky, poke choke, Sooner Magic, whatever you want to call it.

I Am Right
12/19/2013, 10:31 AM
Move On

picasso
12/19/2013, 10:42 AM
I'm not disagreeing with you. Squinky, poke choke, Sooner Magic, whatever you want to call it.

I'll call it another win.

olevetonahill
12/19/2013, 11:14 AM
I'll call it another win.

Heh

PrideMom
12/19/2013, 11:26 AM
OSU had 60 minutes to win the game, just like OU did. Good calls, bad calls, and no calls are part of the game. Wah, Wah, Wah! If OSU fans had refs' calls like OU has experienced in the past (Stansbury interception not called, the fumble recovery at Oregon) I would understand, but when you review the game most of the time the refs got it right.

CrimsonCrusade
12/19/2013, 02:01 PM
It's more embarrassing than hilarious.

They dig that inferiority complex hole deeper and deeper with each passing year.

Sounds like you all have your own version of Auburn.

And from that Sports Illustrated article I read about them earlier this year, sounds like an inferiority complex isn't the only thing they have in common...:friendly_wink::friendly_wink:

8timechamps
12/19/2013, 03:12 PM
Sounds like you all have your own version of Auburn.

And from that Sports Illustrated article I read about them earlier this year, sounds like an inferiority complex isn't the only thing they have in common...:friendly_wink::friendly_wink:

Very similar. The only difference is Auburn has actually won a national title. (which probably makes it worse for you guys).

CowboyMRW
12/19/2013, 04:48 PM
Very similar. The only difference is Auburn has actually won a national title. (which probably makes it worse for you guys).

We're a basketball school anyways, or baseball, golf, wrestling, XC or whichever we are best at that year.

olevetonahill
12/19/2013, 05:05 PM
Yea Yall the Pros at Sheep Wrasslin

champions77
12/19/2013, 05:20 PM
This in no way surprises me. The way that they lost that game was about as excruciating of a loss as could occur for an osu fan, based on what was at stake, at home, against an a crippled up OU team that was just settling in at QB.

Besides the loss, they also took major hits in the PR department. Went onto Tech and K-State message boards after the game and they were commenting on how sorry the osu fans were and how badly they had been treated when they went there.

Call them delusional, or XSU like Tech does, Okie Lite, or even jealous morons, just don't call them classy...or Champions.

Piware
12/19/2013, 07:47 PM
Priceless!

No but the Big 12 filed a complaint with OSU over their cheerleader's antics.

Piware
12/19/2013, 07:50 PM

OSUs biggest problem is that they are OSU.

Piware
12/19/2013, 07:53 PM
They can't be serious?!? Do they offer a degree in arm chair officiating in the Stool? Somebody has way too much time on their hands.

12/19/2013, 07:57 PM
Yea Yall the Pros at Sheep WrasslinWrasslin' = Humpin'...well, I never(I "swan")

12/19/2013, 08:01 PM
Does them orange-clad boys prefers to be called Humper aggy or Humpy aggy?

Wishboned
12/19/2013, 09:10 PM
Does them orange-clad boys prefers to be called Humper aggy or Humpy aggy?

Depends on which end of the sheep they prefer.

Piware
12/21/2013, 01:06 PM
Pokes can't decide if they are worried Texas will go after Gundy for HC or insulted because he is not seriously in the running. LOL!

lexsooner
12/21/2013, 01:34 PM
My recommendation for the aggies is they do a version of the Dream Bowl, which a radio station did with Bob Barry after the 1973 season in which OU was likely the best team in the country but could not play in a bowl or be ranked because of probation. The hypothetical game was called like a real game and OU ended up beating ND for the dream title. Supposedly, the results were from computer (UNIVAC?) results based on information on both teams. Well, today computers have come a long way as well as statistical information on college football teams. OSU's OP posters can analyze every single play in which they feel they were screwed by the refs, input these as penalties against OU, and then print out the results and have Traber announce the Redemption OU-OSU Showdown. The final score would be a Bearss Super Fans score, something like OSU 65 OU 13.

In OU's case, the Dream Bowl garnered publicity and criticism from the national press. No matter, because we won the real national titles the following two years. However, in OSU's case, this won't happen, so they will just have a hypothetical win. If anyone on here is a poster on OP and has not been banned, you can suggest it to them. It will be a feel good kind of thing for the holidays.

picasso
1/1/2014, 01:17 PM
I noticed the poke beat writer for The Oklahoman wrote a story about Gilbert still crying over the no INT.
It was written all over his face after the play. He knew he lost it.
Sheesh.

BigTip
1/1/2014, 01:56 PM
Pokes can't decide if they are worried Texas will go after Gundy for HC or insulted because he is not seriously in the running. LOL!

lol.
Reminds me of a male movie star (forgot who) quoted in an interview once when asked what was it like doing nude scenes.
He said he would always apologize to his female co-star if he got an erection during the scene. He said he would also apologize if he didn't. lol

soonertodd
1/4/2014, 06:00 PM
Well.they're working on a video for the Cotton Bowl now.haha. If not for the damn refs they would have at least 5 MNC's the last 10 years.

lexsooner
1/4/2014, 06:13 PM
Well, I pulled for them last night, but they came up short. The refs did not help, but I'm not into the aggie conspiracy theories and paranoia. Instead of random fans putting together We Got Screwed videos, T. Boone should fund something along the lines of the human genome project, and have experts and fans pull together all of the evidence and have a coherent roadmap or working paper on who, what, and how the Cowboys get screwed in football. This could take years, but the final product would be a treasure for aggie fans.

CowboyMRW
1/4/2014, 07:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ywSJDUS.gif

Piware
1/4/2014, 07:06 PM
Hey Cowboy, were you one of the fans booing your own team last night?

CowboyMRW
1/4/2014, 07:09 PM
Hey Cowboy, were you one of the fans booing your own team last night?

No, don't believe in that. I was super pissed at our offensive play calling the first 3 quarters, but I didn't boo them. Offensively we just weren't that good this year, which is a shame because we have a very good defense.

8timechamps
1/4/2014, 07:11 PM
No, don't believe in that. I was super pissed at our offensive play calling the first 3 quarters, but I didn't boo them. Offensively we just weren't that good this year, which is a shame because we have a very good defense.

I thought the Poke defense played pretty well, but you guys didn't get much help from the offense (or the play calling). I also have to give Mizzou some credit on defense, they did play really well. I was trying to use my Sooner Magic to help your boys, but I think it was all used up in the Sugar Bowl.

CowboyMRW
1/4/2014, 07:14 PM
Too many 3 and outs at the first wore them down late, kind of like Baylor did to you. Sucks to end the season like that. Next year could be really rough for us, especially now that I'm hearing Wickline might be going to Texas if they get Strong. That would be the worst thing that could possibly happen to our staff

SoCalBigRed
1/4/2014, 07:54 PM
I thought OSU was going to win. I thought/think they're the better team. Unfortunately I had a commitment last night and only got to see the 4th quarter. Though, a friend commented to me, that it was a boring game... I was hooked when I tuned in. Pokes were beginning their march back, then took the lead. I figured they had it won... then Mizzou scores, with ease. Figured, the Pokes would still do it... with that much time. And they would have to!!!

What an ugly way to end the season.

Widescreen
1/4/2014, 10:04 PM
I thought OSU was going to win. I thought/think they're the better team. .

Seriously? After what happened in Stillwater, New Orleans and Dallas? Wow.

8timechamps
1/4/2014, 10:08 PM
Too many 3 and outs at the first wore them down late, kind of like Baylor did to you. Sucks to end the season like that. Next year could be really rough for us, especially now that I'm hearing Wickline might be going to Texas if they get Strong. That would be the worst thing that could possibly happen to our staff

Hadn't heard the Wickline rumors...that's a gamechanger. I've thought he was the best in the college business for a while now. If it makes you feel any better, Wickline to Texas wouldn't be too pleasant for Sooner fans either.

picasso
1/4/2014, 10:43 PM
Pokes are dogging Chelf? Without that guy you lose a few more games.

badger
1/4/2014, 10:49 PM
on a funny note, osu's 6th-ranked mens team lost at the octagon of doom tonight by 3. ou won at texas, so we are now tied for the lead in the big 12 technically :D ok last is tied for last, but of course :stunned: