PDA

View Full Version : Biggest game since Florida

SapulpaSooner
12/15/2013, 05:48 PM
I thank it is fair to say beating Alabama would be the next best thing to winning a national Championship I hear people say OU has nothing to lose but everything to Gain. Wrong this is a must win for OU and they will win.

OKLAHOMA 35 ALABAMA 31

Judge Smails
12/15/2013, 05:52 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/a-chance.gif

SoonerorLater
12/15/2013, 05:54 PM
I thank it is fair to say beating Alabama would be the next best thing to winning a national Championship I hear people say OU has nothing to lose but everything to Gain. Wrong this is a must win for OU and they will win.

OKLAHOMA 35 ALABAMA 31

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Yes, I truly would love to beat Alabama but it's nothing compared to having another one of those crystal trophies. Everything else in college football pales in comparison to a NC.

8timechamps
12/15/2013, 06:02 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Yes, I truly would love to beat Alabama but it's nothing compared to having another one of those crystal trophies. Everything else in college football pales in comparison to a NC.

I agree. This would be a great win, but I don't think it's that big, and I also don't think it's a "must win".

SoonerinLA
12/15/2013, 06:13 PM
If we beat them it would be a stunning upset. Bama would need to play poorly and have turnovers. It would mean more if both teams were great and we beat them straight up.

olevetonahill
12/15/2013, 06:14 PM
Ima be rooting My heart out fer The Sooners, But also watching the spread LOL

Indy Sooner
12/15/2013, 06:49 PM

OKLAHOMA 35 ALABAMA 31

I think it fair to say winning a conference championship is the next best thing to winning a national championship.

rock on sooner
12/15/2013, 08:25 PM
Ima be rooting My heart out fer The Sooners, But also watching the spread LOL

Yup, me too, but Ima waitin a while for the line to settle...ya know injuries and such
and who knows Saban might go to Arkie St....:surprise:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/15/2013, 08:39 PM
I agree. This would be a great win, but I don't think it's that big, and I also don't think it's a "must win".It could do wonders for our recruiting, and that has been off since the FU loss after the '09 season, it seems.

ObiKaTony
12/15/2013, 08:39 PM

OKLAHOMA 35 ALABAMA 31

Absolutely not a must win...

What are we now, a 14 point dog? We got our *** kicked by both Baylor and Texas. We have a trio of Qbs that either can't play in any given quarter or are hurt. This team has high potential, we are headed in the right direction. Bama is 4 fgs/or botched miraculous field goal from going to another title.

I'm happy we are going to the sugar bowl, it's been a great season. The D is getting better (thank you mike) and the overall Team is playing more like the early 2000 stoops teams. Yes, we can win close games for a change. Look for ou to lose, as they should. Bama is a better team, OU is a couple years away...

8timechamps
12/15/2013, 09:06 PM
It could do wonders for our recruiting, and that has been off since the FU loss after the '09 season, it seems.

I'm not sure a win is going to be program changing (from a recruiting standpoint), but it will provide a nice benefit.

There has been a dip in recruiting since the late 2000's, but not as much as some think. I think coaching & evaluating had a much bigger role in recruiting/progressing recruits. Both have been addressed, and I believe are on the upswing.

okiewaker
12/15/2013, 10:32 PM
Gonna be a nice win.

olevetonahill
12/15/2013, 10:35 PM
Yup, me too, but Ima waitin a while for the line to settle...ya know injuries and such
and who knows Saban might go to Arkie St....:surprise:

Im Talkin The spread Troll an I set the other nite 16.5 LOL

PrideMom
12/16/2013, 10:12 AM
I just want OU to play like OU is proud to be there! I hope the refs are fair. And the game plan is smart and fun! Might as well call out all of the stops, and have FUN!! Do crazy good things!

sooneron
12/16/2013, 10:12 AM
If we were to win, the score would have to be lower than 35-31. Somewhere in the 24-21 area...

jduggle
12/16/2013, 10:27 AM
Ridiculous..... we are lucky to be in this game in the first place. Now... had it been LSU in the Cotton Bowl.... THAT would have been a must win!...lol

Sco
12/18/2013, 08:33 PM
I agree. This would be a great win, but I don't think it's that big, and I also don't think it's a "must win".

I disagree. While Street Fighter is a good game, I think Donkey Kong is the greatest video game of all time.

Harris County Sooner
12/18/2013, 08:38 PM
I'm praying..."Dear Lord, please don't let the better team win the Sugar Bowl"

8timechamps
12/18/2013, 09:38 PM
I disagree. While Street Fighter is a good game, I think Donkey Kong is the greatest video game of all time.

Nonsense!

Asteroids is the best game ever, and it's not even close.

Monster Zero
12/18/2013, 09:46 PM
Nonsense!

Asteroids is the best game ever, and it's not even close.

Defender.

tycat947
12/18/2013, 09:49 PM
If we beat them it would be a stunning upset. Bama would need to play poorly and have turnovers. It would mean more if both teams were great and we beat them straight up.
Uhhhh, we're not Boise State! It would be an upset but not a stunning upset! They are #3 and we're #11.

Mazeppa
12/18/2013, 10:18 PM
It's a must win if we are to avoid another one of those dreaded 3 loss seasons.

sendbaht
12/19/2013, 04:30 AM
This is going to be up there with sweet wins that is for sure. Stoops will not know who to give the game ball too. We are SO over do for a game where folks just say OMG WOW...OU by 2 TDs

swardboy
12/19/2013, 07:21 AM
the OSU game was kinda one of those games for me. But this would sure be a national attention-grabber if we can pull it off.

King Barry's Back
12/19/2013, 09:40 AM
I think it fair to say winning a conference championship is the next best thing to winning a national championship.

Yeah, maybe, but think about it. THIS team didn't win the conference, and won't win the national title. They either get a very nice Sugar Bowl trophy in the display case, or this great-overachieving 2013 squad will get no hardware. And no ring.

Given that, I think winning the Sugar is a pretty important goal. Gives those seniors something to tell the grandkids about, if nothing else.

SoonerKnight
12/19/2013, 11:06 AM
Im Talkin The spread Troll an I set the other nite 16.5 LOL

Did you bet on the Sooners? ;)

SapulpaSooner
1/3/2014, 12:33 AM
Your welcome

SapulpaSooner
1/3/2014, 01:19 AM
:cool:

OUinFLA
1/3/2014, 01:23 AM
This is going to be up there with sweet wins that is for sure. Stoops will not know who to give the game ball too. We are SO over do for a game where folks just say OMG WOW...OU by 2 TDs

that was pretty insightful, want to split a lottery ticket?

OUster
1/3/2014, 01:25 AM

I shall change thy name to "The Great Oracle"!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
1/3/2014, 01:28 AM
I shall change thy name to "The Great Oracle"!

Good God! Sendbaht is a deity!