PDA

View Full Version : Mack just resigned...

Soonerus
12/14/2013, 07:40 PM
According to Channel 4 in OKC...

soonergirlNeugene
I hear Lane Kiffin is available!

CowboyMRW
Espn just reported it on the Kansas game

SicEmBaylor
12/14/2013, 07:41 PM
http://www.theebears.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/steele_mack_shoulder_pic.jpg
**** you, Steele
**** you, Mack

herecomedajudge
12/14/2013, 07:47 PM
Longhorn Network tweeted it @about 6:15pm

Soonerus
12/14/2013, 07:48 PM
Mack trying to steal press time from the heisman show...wrong...

8timechamps
12/14/2013, 07:53 PM
Mack trying to steal press time from the heisman show...wrong...

That's the first thing that I thought about. It's not like he didn't know what was going on either, it's the ****ing Heisman.

landrun
12/14/2013, 07:53 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... ............

CowboyMRW
12/14/2013, 07:58 PM
Hahaha, Mack wouldn't field calls from Jameis Winston in high school and now he trolls him on Winston's biggest stage so far in his young career.

Awesome.

rock on sooner
12/14/2013, 08:00 PM
'K, who's it gonna be....

8timechamps
12/14/2013, 08:04 PM
'K, who's it gonna be....

Not sure, but the whorn fans are dreaming! Harbaugh, Tomlin, etc. Nobody successful NFL coach is leaving to go to Texas. They are delusional!

I hope the next guy really sucks. The odds favor it...

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 08:05 PM
Galdamint http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif

Why couldnt Ole Nick have just kept his mouth shut a few more days and let the whorns twist in the wind drooling over him:saturn:

CowboyMRW
12/14/2013, 08:07 PM
Not sure, but the whorn fans are dreaming! Harbaugh, Tomlin, etc. Nobody successful NFL coach is leaving to go to Texas. They are delusional!

I hope the next guy really sucks. The odds favor it...

I don't think Saban has actually signed anything yet so that's still a possibility, although slim. Plus his last contract didn't have a buyout clause and I would imagine this one doesn't either.

I think they make a run at David Shaw. James Franklin wouldn't be terrible either though.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/14/2013, 08:15 PM
Dang!

SoonerorLater
12/14/2013, 08:16 PM
I don't think Saban has actually signed anything yet so that's still a possibility, although slim. Plus his last contract didn't have a buyout clause and I would imagine this one doesn't either.

I think they make a run at David Shaw. James Franklin wouldn't be terrible either though.

Franklin would be a good choice. If you can put winning seasons together at Vanderbilt just think what
that kind of coach could do at Texas.

David Earl
12/14/2013, 08:19 PM
Texas' whole athletic department is in full implosion.

Wofford is buying them out for pennies on the dollar. Book it!

Skysooner
12/14/2013, 08:20 PM

Saban signed a multlyear extension for $7-$7.5 million per year.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 08:26 PM
Heard they were Looking at Gumby.

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2013, 08:35 PM
Heard they were Looking at Gumby.

Not unless beating OU is no longer a priority.

Ruf/Nek7
12/14/2013, 08:46 PM
They should go after the Pirate...Leach would love the opportunity to come back to Texas and whoop up on Tech's *** each year.

8timechamps
12/14/2013, 08:46 PM

It may not be signed, but he is not leaving Bama. There's no way he would have gone along with the announcement (and he also said he was "never" considering Texas) of his new contract. He's not leaving.

I could see Shaw as a real candidate. I wouldn't be surprised if Charile Strong didn't get some consideration too. I know Gundy is being thrown around, but I just don't see him ever leaving OSU.

CowboyMRW
12/14/2013, 09:03 PM
Not unless beating OU is no longer a priority.

Don't know if I should laugh or cry. :confused:

Saban signed a multlyear extension for $7-$7.5 million per year.

I don't think it's official yet, meaning he hasn't signed his name. Just the verbal announcement. He also has said that he wasn't leaving Miami or LSU and both times walked away less than two days after saying that.

swardboy
12/14/2013, 09:15 PM
Horn fans are certain Mack timed this to put off Saban from going to Texas. Delusional?

ouwasp
12/14/2013, 09:20 PM
I was just able to inform a long-suffering ut friend of mine....I guess he's been at the show with his wife or something, cause he texted me about Mack being determined to pizz off the horn nation...I was happy to let him know... he is popping a cork as I type...

OUinFLA
12/14/2013, 09:29 PM
Most of Tampa would let Greg Shiano go.
Heck we would probably kick in on a buyout.

rock on sooner
12/14/2013, 09:42 PM
Wonder how many resumes have appeared on the whorn's fax machine?

OUmillenium
12/14/2013, 10:30 PM
That's the first thing that I thought about. It's not like he didn't know what was going on either, it's the ****ing Heisman.

+1

SicEmBaylor
12/14/2013, 10:33 PM
Horn fans are certain Mack timed this to put off Saban from going to Texas. Delusional?
No, I think they're spot on.

Scott D
12/14/2013, 10:39 PM
It may not be signed, but he is not leaving Bama. There's no way he would have gone along with the announcement (and he also said he was "never" considering Texas) of his new contract. He's not leaving.

I could see Shaw as a real candidate. I wouldn't be surprised if Charile Strong didn't get some consideration too. I know Gundy is being thrown around, but I just don't see him ever leaving OSU.

Only move I see Shaw making is the same as Harbaugh, to the NFL.

Charlie Strong and the LHN wouldn't get along...at all.

Mazeppa
12/14/2013, 11:01 PM
Mack's leaving can't be good news for the Gundy and the cowpokes, With a good coach Texas will move back towards the top of the conference ( along with the Sooners ) and osu, giving Baylors accent, will slide back to 4th or 5th place every year.

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2013, 11:01 PM
Odd, I always assumed that by the time Mack resigned, they'd name the next HC at the same time. You have to know thats how they would have preferred to handle it. Any delay between the two will always affect recruiting. The timing between Saban and Mack's announcements sure does give me pause to wonder just how that went down. We oughta put up a chart of all the prospects and go through availability and pros/cons.

SoonerBorn
12/14/2013, 11:43 PM
I thought Muschamp was their coach in waiting. :)

Sabanball
12/14/2013, 11:47 PM
It was almost like M Brown wanted to make sure that Texas didn't have chance at Saban, then flipped the longhorns off....Lol.

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2013, 11:50 PM
Fox has listed Saban as the most likely candidate to be hired at Texas. And yeah, the article came out today. lol

SicEmBaylor
12/14/2013, 11:56 PM
I predict it'll be Malzahn, but I don't know if that wife of his will fit in with the UT culture.

SoonerMarkVA
12/14/2013, 11:58 PM
I'm sensing this ain't over. All Saban's done is sweeten the pot. It's not like ut's going to balk at throwing even more money at him to come.

I'll state that I don't think Saban will go, but look at the guy's history. Committing to 'Bama, saying he was never interested in ut, means absolutely nothing to indicate whether he will actually go to ut. Until whorn actually hires a coach, I don't think anyone invested in 'Bama can rest easy about what Saban will do.

Sabanball
12/15/2013, 12:05 AM
I'm sensing this ain't over. All Saban's done is sweeten the pot. It's not like ut's going to balk at throwing even more money at him to come.

I'll state that I don't think Saban will go, but look at the guy's history. Committing to 'Bama, saying he was never interested in ut, means absolutely nothing to indicate whether he will actually go to ut. Until whorn actually hires a coach, I don't think anyone invested in 'Bama can rest easy about what Saban will do.

Never say never, but after what happened today, we're resting pretty easy. The timing of the M Brown and Saban announcements says it all.

SouthFortySooner
12/15/2013, 01:01 AM
Who's the new coaches quarterback? David Hash or the mousy lookin one?

soonergirlNeugene
12/15/2013, 01:21 AM
Any chance Saban gets another raise before the Sugar Bowl? :greedy_dollars:

stoopified
12/15/2013, 05:41 AM
I'm thinking UT goes the DKR route and hires a former Sooner as headcoach.Wonder if Gibbs or Blake wins out in the Orange Cow Derby? :)

sendbaht
12/15/2013, 06:05 AM
I thought Muschamp was their coach in waiting. :)

he is..waiting to be fired soon..

BigJerm7
12/15/2013, 06:05 AM
shaggybevo is still down lol..

SicEmBaylor
12/15/2013, 06:09 AM
shaggybevo is still down lol..

No it's not...

BigJerm7
12/15/2013, 07:18 AM
^ why so serious? lighten up.

SoonerCLF
12/15/2013, 07:21 AM
You guys are missing the obvious choice...

Brent Venables! http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Coach/PHOTO/BRENTVENABLES100_601AP.JPG

diverdog
12/15/2013, 09:27 AM

Brent Venables! http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Coach/PHOTO/BRENTVENABLES100_601AP.JPG

Not Brent but Dabo.

aurorasooner
12/15/2013, 11:19 AM

Brent Venables! http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Coach/PHOTO/BRENTVENABLES100_601AP.JPGMike Shannahan to Texas after the 'skins can him. Perfect fit. He'll take his son who played for the whorns as his OC.
Interesting article on his kids' "entitlement" today over at CBS Sports. I guess if your an NFL owner or College AD, once a head coach starts bringing in his family and buds as their coordinators/coaches and they start bringing in their friends, you'd better be on the alert.
Kubiak would be an interesting choice depending on his health, but I doubt they'll give him any consideration because he's an Aggie.
Also an interesting article over there on Sam Bradford-- the Rams could cut him loose with no other payments since he's already collected his 50 mil guaranteed. They doubted St. Louis would do it, but I'd like to see Sammy go somewhere where they've got a quality OL and see him make a run at the Super Bowl.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/15/2013, 11:49 AM
I honestly am surprised that Mack resigned. He was 9 games away from being the all time winningest coach at Texas and that is something that I just couldn't see him giving up.

PalmBeachSooner
12/15/2013, 11:52 AM
Les Miles

Soonerus
12/15/2013, 12:01 PM
Mangino...

SoonerorLater
12/15/2013, 12:06 PM
I honestly am surprised that Mack resigned. He was 9 games away from being the all time winningest coach at Texas and that is something that I just couldn't see him giving up.

Yeah but that would probably taken another two or three years.:black_eyed:

ouduckhunter
12/15/2013, 12:09 PM

Maybe they will rehire him!

CowboyMRW
12/15/2013, 02:26 PM
Mack's leaving can't be good news for the Gundy and the cowpokes, With a good coach Texas will move back towards the top of the conference ( along with the Sooners ) and osu, giving Baylors accent, will slide back to 4th or 5th place every year.

How can you say that with Baylor's ascent that they will pass us? They've beaten us twice in the past 10 years, same as they've beaten OU. We've been better than them and more consistent for the past 5 years.

BoulderSooner79
12/15/2013, 02:37 PM

I suspect he didn't really resign - he "was resigned".

olevetonahill
12/15/2013, 02:37 PM

Maybe they will rehire him!

That would be ****ing Hilarious, What if hes the Best available? :black_eyed:

BigJerm7
12/15/2013, 03:03 PM
Schnellenberger.

Scott D
12/15/2013, 10:29 PM
After today's games, I'm positive that Bill Callahan is the man for the job.

sooneron
12/16/2013, 10:10 AM
Fred Akers

Ruf/Nek7
12/16/2013, 10:57 AM
JOHN BLAKE!!!!!

Jacie
12/16/2013, 11:01 AM

Considering that was probably what he was angling for all along, it is a mark of the man that he was so gracious in the Sunday presser. He did manage to get a dig in towards the end when he said how after he won 9 games his first season they gave him a raise . . .

SoonerPride
12/16/2013, 01:04 PM
texas will miss mack brown. they will.

swardboy
12/16/2013, 01:50 PM
Also an interesting article over there on Sam Bradford-- the Rams could cut him loose with no other payments since he's already collected his 50 mil guaranteed. They doubted St. Louis would do it, but I'd like to see Sammy go somewhere where they've got a quality OL and see him make a run at the Super Bowl.

While we're threadjacking: the Rams shredded the Saints yesterday. I personally want to see Sam realize the potential that I believe Fisher and Snead are producing. With the additions that a block-buster draft and F.A. signing season are aligning for, I think 2014 will be a huge season for St. Louis. The running game has taken off, Saffold seems to be a monster at right guard, and just a few tweaks at WR and on D should put them over the hump.

EatLeadCommie
12/16/2013, 01:56 PM

I tend to agree.

ouduckhunter
12/16/2013, 03:17 PM

I tend to agree.

I too will miss Mack Brown. :grumpy:

BoulderSooner79
12/16/2013, 04:04 PM

I too will miss Mack Brown. :grumpy:

Not if SoonerPride is right, you won't.

SicEmBaylor
12/16/2013, 04:06 PM
Mack can eat ****.

bluedogok
12/17/2013, 12:04 AM
Considering that was probably what he was angling for all along, it is a mark of the man that he was so gracious in the Sunday presser. He did manage to get a dig in towards the end when he said how after he won 9 games his first season they gave him a raise . . .
Mack resigned in the same way Switzer did, not of his own volition......

TheHumanAlphabet
12/17/2013, 10:38 AM
Yeah, but I wonder what the upsize on his buy-out clause was. He was to earn 2.5 M or something. Think he got more than that to go away quietly only 9 wins from DKR.

bluedogok
12/17/2013, 10:42 PM
Yeah, but I wonder what the upsize on his buy-out clause was. He was to earn 2.5 M or something. Think he got more than that to go away quietly only 9 wins from DKR.
Somewhere in the many threads on this subject I posted up an ESPN Darren Rovell article about Mack's buyout.