PDA

View Full Version : Affluenza

Skysooner
12/14/2013, 02:26 PM
Personally I feel the parents should be the ones serving time here if their child is not. Hopefully a civil suit nails them.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/12/12/ethan_couch_affluenza_texas_teen_spared_prison_tim e_in_deadly_drunk_driving.html

Turd_Ferguson
12/14/2013, 03:06 PM
Personally I feel the parents should be the ones serving time here if their child is not. Hopefully a civil suit nails them.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/12/12/ethan_couch_affluenza_texas_teen_spared_prison_tim e_in_deadly_drunk_driving.html

That little bastard and his lawyer should be doing time...

Soonerjeepman
12/14/2013, 03:52 PM
heard the friend that is paralyzed is suing

Turd_Ferguson
12/14/2013, 04:55 PM
heard the friend that is paralyzed is suing

They should yank the attorneys license, de-robe the judge, sue the parents a imprison the kid.

I killed somebody because my parents didn't teach me any better...give me a ****'n break...

rock on sooner
12/14/2013, 07:33 PM
They should yank the attorneys license, de-robe the judge, sue the parents a imprison the kid.

I killed somebody because my parents didn't teach me any better...give me a ****'n break...

Normally, I wouldn't be this stringent but, TF is onto something here....

8timechamps
12/14/2013, 08:51 PM
Everyone associated with the defense of this jackass should be embarrassed. The judge should be forced to hang up the pictures of the deceased in every room of his house.

I've never wished this upon anyone (well, not many anyway), but I hope this little bastard gets the **** kicked out of him on a frequent basis. Death is too good for this fool.

rock on sooner
12/14/2013, 09:45 PM
Everyone associated with the defense of this jackass should be embarrassed. The judge should be forced to hang up the pictures of the deceased in every room of his house.

I've never wished this upon anyone (well, not many anyway), but I hope this little bastard gets the **** kicked out of him on a frequent basis. Death is too good for this fool.

Just guessin' here, but he'll take a wrong turn somewhere....

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 10:10 PM
So, Daddy's Money been gettin him out of trouble his whole life is his Defense? So the Judge Punishes him By Lettin Daddy's money Get him out again?
The Only good thing is the Probation If its applied right and he screws up at all he will be sleepin With Bubba

Jacie
12/15/2013, 01:12 PM
I imagine the kid's out partying with his non-paralyzed friends right now.

KantoSooner
12/16/2013, 02:24 PM
It's sleazy, but I can't really blame his lawyer. You're hired to do a job and this guy did it. (He didn't have to take the case, I suppose, but still...).
I can't understand the expert witnesses or the judge, however.
This makes me wish for a European legal system where the prosecutors can appeal the acquittal.

yermom
12/16/2013, 09:31 PM
it's cool, once he kills someone else, he'll really do time then

8timechamps
12/17/2013, 06:53 PM
It's sleazy, but I can't really blame his lawyer. You're hired to do a job and this guy did it. (He didn't have to take the case, I suppose, but still...).
This makes me wish for a European legal system where the prosecutors can appeal the acquittal.

You're right. It's so hard not to be angry at the attorneys, but they were hired to do a job, and they did it successfully.

lexsooner
12/18/2013, 11:28 AM

Yes, in this case, but what about poor Amanda Knox? ;)

Jacie
12/18/2013, 01:21 PM
You're right. It's so hard not to be angry at the attorneys, but they were hired to do a job, and they did it successfully.

Did these guys also represent Casey Anthony?

TheHumanAlphabet
12/18/2013, 01:21 PM
I cannot believe a north texas jury fell for that. Biggest bunch of crock I have ever read, almost... Hats off to the defense lawyer for doing hisd job and muddling up the facts. Boo on the jury for not seeing through this crap.

8timechamps
12/18/2013, 07:59 PM
Did these guys also represent Casey Anthony?

Wonder what ever happened to that guy (her attorney). I don't follow Court TV (or whatever it's called), but I haven't heard him mentioned in a long time. Hell, I haven't heard Casey Anthony mentioned in a long time...just they way they wanted it, I'm sure.

KantoSooner
12/19/2013, 09:33 AM
Read an interesting take on this. The kid basically pled guilty. 'Affluenza' was only brought up during sentencing. No jury involved. Just the judge deciding on what was 'appropriate'.

Skysooner
12/19/2013, 10:13 AM
Read an interesting take on this. The kid basically pled guilty. 'Affluenza' was only brought up during sentencing. No jury involved. Just the judge deciding on what was 'appropriate'.

Now that is interesting although he would have had a hard time being defended with that particular crime. Guess she thought she was being lenient. It is going to do this kid no good though as he will still have money after this (assuming the civil suits don't bankrupt them).

lexsooner
12/19/2013, 10:41 AM
The prosecutor is going to try to get some jail time for some of the charges which the court did not address, some public intoxication charges, but that is not likely to amount to much of anything. The best case scenario would be if the brat violates the terms of his probation and then gets re-sentenced to a prison term. He has a decade to screw up.