PDA

View Full Version : LOLZ.... Mack Brown to Texas!

landrun
12/13/2013, 09:10 PM
Horn fans expected him to resign tonight at their banquet and it didn't happen.

I think he might really be there for at least another year. :)

landrun
12/13/2013, 09:54 PM
From Orangebloods.com and 247

@BobbyBurton247:
BREAKING: Source tells me that Mack Brown, following mtg w school prez and AD, will remain coach of the Longhorns

soonergirlNeugene
12/13/2013, 09:56 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA!! :mack:

CMB + UT 4 EVAR

SoonerPride
12/13/2013, 09:59 PM
+1

Mazeppa
12/13/2013, 10:01 PM
No one down there has the huevo's to tell him to leave.

Edmond Sooner
12/13/2013, 10:04 PM
BREAKING: Source tells me that Mack Brown, following mtg w school prez and AD, will remain coach of the Longhorns

Please, please, please let this be true. :mack::texan::mack::texan::mack::texan::mack:

BB37
12/13/2013, 10:05 PM
Hope the blood banks in Austin have stocked up, 'cause there'll be a lot of slashed wrists down there with this news.

yermom
12/13/2013, 10:50 PM
after he fired the DC, they really came on, and us kicking a lot of *** after playing them probably didn't hurt either

tied for 2nd in the conference really isn't a time to fire your coach.

i think keeping Mack Brown is the safe decision. anyone else is a gamble, and Saban ain't coming.

SicEmBaylor
12/13/2013, 10:53 PM
Mack couldn't coach to save his life -- Mack is a manger. I refuse to call him 'Coach' since he doesn't coach jack ****.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/14/2013, 01:45 AM
No one down there has the huevo's to tell him to leave.Is it true that if he's fired vs resigns, they will have to pay him a LOT more money?

...on top of the situation that Saban doesn't want to go to Tx

dennis580
12/14/2013, 01:53 AM
Looks like the only thing that was accomplished was Saban getting his salary raised to a insane 7 to 7.5 million dollars a year.

Tear Down This Wall
12/14/2013, 04:49 AM
Why do people still listen to/read Chip Brown? "Texas to the Pac-12!" and now "Mack Brown Resigning By The End Of The Week."

Obama needs to hire this guy to try to sell his health care debacle. Just like Obama and his ilk, if Chip Brown desperately wants something to work, he'll just say it's happening whether or not it manifests in reality.

Many people think the worst thing about college football these days is the high salary of coaches, television contract determining conference realignment, and such. I beg to differ...

...the worst thing about college football these days is the "hanger on" media. Guys who, before the internet, were skimming by as small time radio or television people. Some had magazines devoted to the school. They are the worst.

They want so desperately to be a part of it. Pathetic.

sendbaht
12/14/2013, 04:56 AM
Mack will now start the "this team was young and big things for 2014"

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2013, 05:02 AM
Looks like the only thing that was accomplished was Saban getting his salary raised to a insane 7 to 7.5 million dollars a year.

Money well spent, imo

stoopified
12/14/2013, 07:44 AM
IF true,this is indeed an early Christmas present for the Sooners.

Mjcpr
12/14/2013, 10:54 AM
I think it's hilarious. Think of horn hordes down there licking their chops being told by everyone they are getting Nick Saban and they end up with Mack Brown. lol

picasso
12/14/2013, 11:15 AM
Mack couldn't coach to save his life -- Mack is a manger. I refuse to call him 'Coach' since he doesn't coach jack ****.

People say this about Barry Switzer too. The truth is Mack probably just farted out a minute ago the amount of football you know compared to him.

Breadburner
12/14/2013, 11:18 AM
I was at a Home Depot down in Austin and got on the over head and paged Nick Saban to please come to customer service....You should have seen all the Horn *******s ****tin and gittin to get up there......

bluedogok
12/14/2013, 11:30 AM
People say this about Barry Switzer too. The truth is Mack probably just farted out a minute ago the amount of football you know compared to him.
The difference is Barry hired better assistants, that is the hallmark of all successful coaches whether they are a control freak type of coach or a "manager" type of coach. Mack hired buddies who came up with him through the years until they had wore out their welcome and he was forced to fire them.

rock on sooner
12/14/2013, 12:08 PM
Is it true that if he's fired vs resigns, they will have to pay him a LOT more money?

...on top of the situation that Saban doesn't want to go to Tx

Depends on how his contract is written. Usually, resignation $$$ is negotiated,
a firing may have a buyout clause and a desire to change coaches can be a combo
of both....

thecrimsoncrusader
12/14/2013, 12:16 PM
Mack Brown is the best coach in college football history. It would be a crime not only to the college football world, but the entire universe for UT to fire him. And there should be a witch hunt for anyone in the UT administration that would want Mack Brown fired and once those people are found, terminate them immediately for insubordination.

lexsooner
12/14/2013, 12:22 PM

Mack is a good coach and person, and a brilliant politician. Not many coaches could thrive in that kind of environment with meddling administration, yahoo billionaire boosters, Perry and his crony regents, alums, and an unreasonable fan base. If you look at the state of UT football when he took over, you realize the guy brought them back to relevance on a national stage. Now his teams have underachieved and his star has faded the last few years, but that does not mean he is a bad coach. The bar is set so high there that anything but regular conference titles and national title contender teams is considered unacceptable.

cherokeebrewer
12/14/2013, 12:35 PM
Texas is 18-17 in conference play the last 4 years. Mack is gonna fix it...

12/14/2013, 12:47 PM
Mack is a good coach and person, and a brilliant politician. Not many coaches could thrive in that kind of environment with meddling administration, yahoo billionaire boosters, Perry and his crony regents, alums, and an unreasonable fan base. If you look at the state of UT football when he took over, you realize the guy brought them back to relevance on a national stage. Now his teams have underachieved and his star has faded the last few years, but that does not mean he is a bad coach. The bar is set so high there that anything but regular conference titles and national title contender teams is considered unacceptable.Rawk on! tx has been well served by Mack, and no way should they want him to leave. Dude's a burnt orange legend.

12/14/2013, 12:50 PM
I was at a Home Depot down in Austin and got on the over head and paged Nick Saban to please come to customer service....You should have seen all the Horn *******s ****tin and gittin to get up there......Is there a video? If done well, it would be a star performer on youtube!:mack:

BoulderSooner79
12/14/2013, 12:53 PM
Rawk on! tx has been well served by Mack, and no way should they want him to leave. Dude's a burnt orange legend.

This whole saga has been wonderful entertainment on shaggy. The entire first page of the football forum is filled with Mack Brown threads and surprisingly, none are pro-MB. There is even a "Go Oregon" thread. The whole Saban thing has been icing on the cake. Saban is going to be worth more than the GDP of the state of Alabama just because his wife took a trip to Austin.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/14/2013, 02:10 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/25103799/20131209_kkt_an4_469.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Mack may not be the best football coach in history, but I love his Mack-to-Texas ****-eating grin.

bluedogok
12/14/2013, 07:14 PM
Depends on how his contract is written. Usually, resignation $$$ is negotiated, a firing may have a buyout clause and a desire to change coaches can be a combo of both....
It isn't much for the size and length of contract.
Dallas Morning News - Darren Rovell: Texas Longhorns head coach Mack Brown’s buyout only $2.75 million (http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/12/darren-rovell-texas-longhorns-head-coach-mack-browns-buyout-only-2-75-million.html/)
Dallas News - See Mack Brown's buyout figures at Texas through 2020 (http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-longhorns/20121016-see-mack-brown-s-buyout-figures-at-texas-through-2020.ece)

SicEmBaylor
12/14/2013, 07:25 PM
Not so fast my friend...

Sports Center is reporting that Mack is going to resign AFTER the Alamo Bowl.

I wish that buttertoothed saggy titted son of a bitch would take a **** or get off the pot already.

Salt City Sooner
12/14/2013, 07:26 PM
https://twitter.com/LonghornNetwork/status/412013948234252288

ouduckhunter
12/14/2013, 07:31 PM
Love this newest drama, especially now that Nick is locked in with Bama...knock on wood!

SicEmBaylor
12/14/2013, 07:36 PM
Love this newest drama, especially now that Nick is locked in with Bama...knock on wood!

I'm convinced that Mack waited until Saban got fed up with Texas ****ting around and signed a new contract just out of spite and his personal dislike of Saban.

Adios, MoFo! I'll never forgive that SOB for recommending Steele.

JiuJitsuSooner
12/14/2013, 07:37 PM
It's now being reported in fox that Mack officially resigned

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2013, 07:37 PM
Aww I will miss him. So now Texas has entered the coaching carousel in mid swing. Who do you think they go after?

salth2o
12/14/2013, 07:41 PM
What a total cluster eff in Austin.

BoulderSooner79
12/14/2013, 08:01 PM
Wow! Didn't see that one coming. :) There was no way in hades MB was returning next year. But Saban owes Brown a beer (or a whole brewing company) just for all the angst it created in Tuscaloosa. Saban didn't have to do anything to up his income to over $7m/yr.