PDA

View Full Version : This just in . . .

Jacie
12/13/2013, 09:00 PM
Kirk Herbstreit ‏@KirkHerbstreit 42s
Breaking News....Nick Saban has agreed to a multi year contract extension to STAY at Alabama! Details to come out soon!!

Am following a thread about the sa*et football awards banquet currently showing on the LHN and the implosion over this is worse than after a loss.

They are sick to think that Mack Brown is not quitting, but instead will be the whorns headcoach in 2014.

I think half of Austin should be on suicide watch tonite.

MB is on now and they are going stark raving mad that he is not announcing his retirement.

landrun
12/13/2013, 09:07 PM
They are sick to think that Mack Brown is not quitting, but instead will be the whorns headcoach in 2014.

Me too! And he didn't resign! That thread is GREAT! :)

stoopified
12/13/2013, 09:13 PM
Woot! Woot! Mack is back........uh much $$$ did we have to kick in to the Orange Cows ?

lexsooner
12/13/2013, 09:14 PM
ShaggyBevo is flooded by posters and broken, so it is indeed like a bad UT loss. This will provide great entertainment for weeks.

NorthernIowaSooner
12/13/2013, 09:19 PM
Still a lot of good coaches they could hire. I doubt Fisher leaves FSU but there are still options and they have the money to turn heads.

I think this will be an ugly situation with Mack. They're non-committal to him but may be stuck with him if they can't get their big fish.

Jacie
12/13/2013, 09:30 PM
Whorns waiting for Mack to resign are like cultists who have been told the end of the world will happen next Tuesday and when it doesn't end, they are told the "next Tuesday" is really next month.

Now they figure the next opportunity for a farewell speech will come following their bowl game.

salth2o
12/13/2013, 09:35 PM
From my whorn friend

My source jus texted me Mac f it up. Saban was on his way. Mac got pissed its Saban. And f everyone.

Turd_Ferguson
12/13/2013, 09:38 PM
From my whorn friend

My source jus texted me Mac f it up. Saban was on his way. Mac got pissed its Saban. And f everyone.
Can you type that slower so I can comprehend it?

soonergirlNeugene
12/13/2013, 09:42 PM
OU and Bama both win this one!

ouduckhunter
12/13/2013, 09:43 PM
Riot squads should be suiting up right about now......

SoonerPride
12/13/2013, 09:52 PM
Texas was played for a pay raise. That's it.

I hear Kiffin is available.

Mazeppa
12/13/2013, 09:55 PM
From my whorn friend

Some where there is someone who can make sense of this. But not me.

SoonerPride
12/13/2013, 10:01 PM

Mack was supposed to go but changed his mind.

Texas doesn't have the stones to fire him?

Reality is that Saban played Texas for a pay raise. Period.

BB37
12/13/2013, 10:01 PM
From my whorn friend

You have to be saxet grad to make sense of this...

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/13/2013, 10:03 PM

Allow me to help. I may (or may not) speak (whatever he's speaking), but this is what I think he means:

Mack was ready to go until he learned his replacement would be Saban, at which point he threw a big old tantrum and refused to quit, and Saban said ok and signed a new contract with Bama and here we are.

I didn't say the statement made sense, I just said I thought that's what he meant. :friendly_wink:

soonergirlNeugene
12/13/2013, 10:05 PM
It may be that Saban didn't want to be held up in the media as being responsible for Mack getting the boot, so he wouldn't sign unless Mack resigned willfully. Thats about the only way I could see Mack's reaction having any bearing on this.

ouduckhunter
12/13/2013, 10:10 PM
Mac really needs to follow SoonerFans. We could have told him who his replacement was going to be.

soonergirlNeugene
12/13/2013, 10:12 PM
omg this is the best!

According to ESPN - http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10135176/texas-longhorns-mack-brown-meets-ad-steve-patterson-president-bill-powers

Brown had previously confided in those close to him that he was resigning, the source said. However, Brown was "enraged" when the news leaked to the media, and he decided to change course, according to the source.

So they were THIS close to getting rid of him, but Mack got all feisty about it! <3 <3 <3 Mack!!!

NorthernIowaSooner
12/13/2013, 10:13 PM
From my whorn friend

I have my doubts that a lame duck coach that they are trying to force into retirement has that sort of pull. This isn't 2005. If Mack didn't like the deal I'm guessing the Texas admin would just show him where the door is.

Sounds like your friend was just wishful thinking.

swardboy
12/13/2013, 10:13 PM
Allow me to help. I may (or may not) speak (whatever he's speaking), but this is what I think he means:

Mack was ready to go until he learned his replacement would be Saban, at which point he threw a big old tantrum and refused to quit, and Saban said ok and signed a new contract with Bama and here we are.

I didn't say the statement made sense, I just said I thought that's what he meant. :friendly_wink:

Ah, I see you speak Jive.

BB37
12/13/2013, 10:14 PM
Saban played 'em for a big pay raise from 'Bama. The horn boards will be entertaining tonight!

ouduckhunter
12/13/2013, 10:20 PM
Three cheers for Mack! Long may his ego, and his huge yellow teeth live!

BlownGP
12/13/2013, 10:47 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bluedogok
12/13/2013, 10:56 PM
Kirk Herbstreit ‏@KirkHerbstreit 42s
Breaking News....Nick Saban has agreed to a multi year contract extension to STAY at Alabama! Details to come out soon!!

Am following a thread about the sa*et football awards banquet currently showing on the LHN and the implosion over this is worse than after a loss.

I think half of Austin should be on suicide watch tonite.

MB is on now and they are going stark raving mad that he is not announcing his retirement.
There aren't that many Whorn fans in Austin, too many "outsiders" have moved in over the years.

Mazeppa
12/13/2013, 11:44 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/s0x7dj.jpg

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2013, 12:35 AM
RBR posted an encore meltdown page following the Saban & Brown announcements. Great stuff there, but I can't copy too much of it over here, waaaaaaay too NSFW:
http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2013/12/13/5209322/nsfw-its-meltdown-time-mack-brown-stays-special-edition

Here are a few of the cleaner posts XD

This is hell. That's it, hell. This is what eternal damnation is. Oh god, why?
I hope something very heavy falls on him.
The only thing that would excite me is if they found something malignant on macks prostate.
My wife is asking me why I'm in the bathroom crying, wondering if I just heard that one of my parents passed away.
Boomer Sooner; Horns Down! Until the Bed Pan changing, cronyism culture is completely puked out of Belmont, I am going to root HARD for any team to beat Texas! I truly hate Mack Brown and his selfish, lazy fat ***!

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2013, 01:11 AM
BTWs, the whorns now think they will land Harbaugh. They are just precious!
http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2013/12/13/5207894/is-jim-harbaugh-in-play-for-head-coach-at-texas#comments

salth2o
12/14/2013, 08:19 AM

Haha. That's what I asked him. The text is copied and pasted just as he wrote it. I think he was in drunky town or flyin' high.

Turd_Ferguson
12/14/2013, 09:37 AM

Chump don't want no help, chump don't get no help.

SoCalBigRed
12/14/2013, 06:15 PM
They know they're going to get their butts handed to them, by OU next year... that's for sure.

I Am Right
12/14/2013, 07:15 PM
And who is surprised? Media always get it wrong.

Mazeppa
12/14/2013, 11:36 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/21mryuq.jpg