PDA

View Full Version : Would you be confident that OU would beat Bama IF...

Snrinhouston
12/13/2013, 08:18 PM
...we took McCarron out of the game in the first five minutes with a clean hit?

Dude, we aren't about hurting the other team's QB. This ain't cool. A couple days off should give you a chance to think about it.

soonergirlNeugene
12/13/2013, 08:22 PM
Bad troll is bad. Nobody here wants to see anything like that happen. GTFO

Snrinhouston
12/13/2013, 08:26 PM

I don't think that is an unfair or sinister thought. But more to the point...we've had to beat teams going to our second and third string qbs. Can Bama do the same?

rock on sooner
12/13/2013, 08:26 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How can this crap be on this board? Somebody shoot him.

Snrinhouston
12/13/2013, 08:29 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How can this crap be on this board? Somebody shoot him.

Not sure why you are so offended by the statement. I merely bring up a scenario that we faced against BYU and Texas faced against Alabama.

TheUnnamedSooner
12/13/2013, 08:48 PM
I'll bite. I think I know what you are asking, you just asked poorly (no one wants a player to get injured). I think McCarron is a great player, but is a product of the athletes around him. If the backup had to come in for any reason, I think the rest of the team would step up and there would not be much of a drop off. And that's just because of the talent of the OL, RB's, etc.

Snrinhouston
12/13/2013, 08:54 PM
I'll bite. I think I know what you are asking, you just asked poorly (no one wants a player to get injured). I think McCarron is a great player, but is a product of the athletes around him. If the backup had to come in for any reason, I think the rest of the team would step up and there would not be much of a drop off. And that's just because of the talent of the OL, RB's, etc.

I wonder. The 2009 UT team was a damn good team...But having to bring in Gilbert just bogged the whole thing down for them. The Texas defense just couldn't hold up for the two quarters it took Gilbert to get his sea legs and start completing passes.

Harris County Sooner
12/13/2013, 09:08 PM
Let's make this nicer...
McCarron gets ejected for targeting a Sooner that intercepted a pass.

olevetonahill
12/13/2013, 09:25 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJKDTCtVj0EpMua9cv80J3obtHvZGc1 hOqmJw8AhpOq1y5DmvTJQ

AzianSooner
12/13/2013, 09:26 PM
Nope... We get TK play QB for OU. We then we let Blake to play for Bama QB wearing Bama's uniform color.

yermom
12/13/2013, 09:52 PM
so then they bring in the athletic backup that runs all over us because we gameplanned for a game manager and a bunch of running backs

now if Yeldon has the trots, then i'd feel better.

swardboy
12/13/2013, 10:11 PM
I would have felt better if Saban had left for Texas. Silly me, hahahahahahahaha.

soonergirlNeugene
12/13/2013, 10:19 PM
Texas with a decent HC would be a monster. I'm sure OU would rise to the challenge, and it would certainly improve the B12's credibility, but I would miss Mack so sooo much!

rock on sooner
12/13/2013, 10:24 PM
Not sure why you are so offended by the statement. I merely bring up a scenario that we faced against BYU and Texas faced against Alabama.

Welp, maybe I can explain...naw, I can't...stuff you say is off the wall
crazy, offensive, stupid, and non Sooner. You work overtime to get a
rise from SF posters...well, I took the bait...but here's the deal..you
need to watch your step and stay away from anything Sooner...least
wise with any identification...that way you can avoid hurt..big time HURT.

Snrinhouston
12/13/2013, 10:27 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJKDTCtVj0EpMua9cv80J3obtHvZGc1 hOqmJw8AhpOq1y5DmvTJQ

Take a look at a few of the other posts on this thread. The ones who were able to deduce the issue I presented, and respond to it. If you can't find anything meaningful to say about it, just move on.

Yes, you've proven you know how to paste images of trolls. We get that. Now show us that your act has a little diversity.

Snrinhouston
12/13/2013, 10:36 PM
Welp, maybe I can explain...naw, I can't...stuff you say is off the wall
crazy, offensive, stupid, and non Sooner. You work overtime to get a
rise from SF posters...well, I took the bait...but here's the deal..you
need to watch your step and stay away from anything Sooner...least
wise with any identification...that way you can avoid hurt..big time HURT.

Two words...tell me all I need to know.

SoonerForLife92
12/13/2013, 10:52 PM
I wonder. The 2009 UT team was a damn good team...But having to bring in Gilbert just bogged the whole thing down for them. The Texas defense just couldn't hold up for the two quarters it took Gilbert to get his sea legs and start completing passes.

That was really unfortunate for texas. They had all the momentum before that and would have proceeded to win.

SoonerForLife92
12/13/2013, 10:54 PM
Srinhouston others would have probably responded better to this thread had you not been ****ting all over our team and on your knees for bama with all your posts lately

Snrinhouston
12/13/2013, 10:58 PM
That was really unfortunate for texas. They had all the momentum before that and would have proceeded to win.

Yep, I hate Texas...and my hate for them convinced me before that game that Alabama would destroy them. Then I watched that first drive McCoy was putting together and thought "Oh, sh*t". I think Mack would have had his second championship had McCoy not got injured.

But that whole scenario brought up an interesting balance that a coach has to strike. McCoy was a Heisman candidate that year. Mack had to balance letting McCoy run up his numbers in games that were already decided, verses getting Gilbert some meaningful snaps. He chose the former at the expense of the latter. Gilbert was good once he had a few quarters to get loose, but by then it was too late. If he'd had more meaningful playing time during the season...Texas may still have won.

SoonerForLife92
12/13/2013, 11:04 PM
Yep, I hate Texas...and my hate for them convinced me before that game that Alabama would destroy them. Then I watched that first drive McCoy was putting together and thought "Oh, sh*t". I think Mack would have had his second championship had McCoy not got injured.

But that whole scenario brought up an interesting balance that a coach has to strike. McCoy was a Heisman candidate that year. Mack had to balance letting McCoy run up his numbers in games that were already decided, verses getting Gilbert some meaningful snaps. He chose the former at the expense of the latter. Gilbert was good once he had a few quarters to get loose, but by then it was too late. If he'd had more meaningful playing time during the season...Texas may still have won.

Yeah I remember thinking well sucks for us because gilbert looks like he will be pretty dang good the way he has handled himself with his first real playing time on the biggest stage in college football. Boy was I wrong

Snrinhouston
12/13/2013, 11:05 PM
Sorry you feel that I've been sh*tting on our team. I believe that I can be a huge OU fan, and still form an opinion (like all fans do) on the strengths, weaknesses, and capabilities of the team.

I'll say it now. If OU plays Bama tough, and is still within two touchdowns at the end of the third quarter, I'll clearly post that my analysis of the matchup was wrong. If OU gets soundly beaten, do you think everyone else who's been giving me sh*t for my prediction will publicly admit being wrong? I think not.

Snrinhouston
12/13/2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah I remember thinking well sucks for us because gilbert looks like he will be pretty dang good the way he has handled himself with his first real playing time on the biggest stage in college football. Boy was I wrong

A lot of us were. He really gave no indication in that game of the implosion that was to come.

SoonerForLife92
12/13/2013, 11:13 PM
Sorry you feel that I've been sh*tting on our team. I believe that I can be a huge OU fan, and still form an opinion (like all fans do) on the strengths, weaknesses, and capabilities of the team.

I'll say it now. If OU plays Bama tough, and is still within two touchdowns at the end of the third quarter, I'll clearly post that my analysis of the matchup was wrong. If OU gets soundly beaten, do you think everyone else who's been giving me sh*t for my prediction will publicly admit being wrong? I think not.

No they wouldn't say you were right. And you are entitled to your opinion. But constantly talking about how terrible we are compared to Bama doesn't help anything. The fact that we are such big underdogs in this game and the whole country is ****ting on us and we aren't supposed to win is huge momentum and can only help us. But look what we did to Notre Dame's D line.. It's not that far off from Bamas in size or ability. We do have two starters out on our oline though don't we? I understand why you feel as the rest of the country does. But I still say Alabama is overrated with their performances against A&M and Auburn and a brutallllll schedule of Chattanooga, Georgia State, and Colorado state. But you have your opinion and I have mine so we will leave it at that.

olevetonahill
12/13/2013, 11:18 PM
Take a look at a few of the other posts on this thread. The ones who were able to deduce the issue I presented, and respond to it. If you can't find anything meaningful to say about it, just move on.

Yes, you've proven you know how to paste images of trolls. We get that. Now show us that your act has a little diversity.

Troll, Most already know you are an Idiot. The ONLY purpose that anyone could serve with a Thread about taking OUT an opposing QB is to stir up The Ignorant masses. and cause hatred between TWO fine programs
**** off dip ****

Snrinhouston
12/13/2013, 11:37 PM
No they wouldn't say you were right. And you are entitled to your opinion. But constantly talking about how terrible we are compared to Bama doesn't help anything. The fact that we are such big underdogs in this game and the whole country is ****ting on us and we aren't supposed to win is huge momentum and can only help us. But look what we did to Notre Dame's D line.. It's not that far off from Bamas in size or ability. We do have two starters out on our oline though don't we? I understand why you feel as the rest of the country does. But I still say Alabama is overrated with their performances against A&M and Auburn and a brutallllll schedule of Chattanooga, Georgia State, and Colorado state. But you have your opinion and I have mine so we will leave it at that.

Geez. I've never made that comparison between OU and Bama. EVER. If I have, show me the post and I'll say no more. Here is how I feel. OU is a good team now. Alabama is a VERY good team, potentially a great team. My experience has been that when these two type of teams meet, things can get out of hand. Many times it's worked in OUs favor:

1. Very good 1984 OU team against a good Missouri team.
2. Great 2000 OU team against a good Texas team.
3. Very good 2003 team against a good Texas team
4. Very good 2008 OU team against a good Nebraska

Sometimes it works against us.

1. Good OU team verses a very good A&M team last year.
2. Very good OU team against (unfortunately) a Great USC team in 2004. (Though I think the game would have been much closer with Dvoracek playing)

And let's be fair...Most teams schedule a couple patsies every year. How receptive were we in 2000 to any criticism about our first three opponents: UTEP, Arkansas State, Rice?

Snrinhouston
12/13/2013, 11:50 PM
Troll, Most already know you are an Idiot. The ONLY purpose that anyone could serve with a Thread about taking OUT an opposing QB is to stir up The Ignorant masses. and cause hatred between TWO fine programs
**** off dip ****

Oh, the irony of YOU referring to ignorant masses. Trust me, there are a LOT of readers who are finding that VERY funny right now.

But in case you hadn't watched football recently or in your life, QBs are injured all the time from clean shots or no shot at all. Aikman in 85, Holieway in 87, Thompson in 88, White in 01, and again in 02, Bradford in 07 and again in 09. And when that happens, a team has to rely on a backup. And it can make all the difference if that backup has had meaningful snaps.

So, if McCarron gets injured early in the game from whatever, or if he get's the flu, or food poisoning...can Alabama beat us without him?

Do you now understand the concept?

Breadburner
12/13/2013, 11:56 PM
If the O-Line and especially the d-line have epic games.....!!

olevetonahill
12/13/2013, 11:58 PM
Oh, the irony of YOU referring to ignorant masses. Trust me, there are a LOT of readers who are finding that VERY funny right now.

But in case you hadn't watched football recently or in your life, QBs are injured all the time from clean shots or no shot at all. Aikman in 85, Holieway in 87, Thompson in 88, White in 01, and again in 02, Bradford in 07 and again in 09. And when that happens, a team has to rely on a backup. And it can make all the difference if that backup has had meaningful snaps.

So, if McCarron gets injured early in the game from whatever, or if he get's the flu, or food poisoning...can Alabama beat us without him?

Do you now understand the concept?

Troll. Why dont you list ALL these "READERS" Please. Or better yet Let them speak for themselves. Yes after 10 years here Ive Pisszed off a few , I'd bet Less than YOU have in 2 months :surprise:
You are a Troll that is here Flamebaiting and Nothing more.
Yes MORAN QBs get injured, Does that give YOU the right to start a Thread with the Main intent to start a Flame war between both schools?
again I say
**** off dip ****!

MsProudSooner
12/14/2013, 12:02 AM
What if Bama went to a shady Italian restaurant the night before the game?

SoonerForLife92
12/14/2013, 12:03 AM
Geez. I've never made that comparison between OU and Bama. EVER. If I have, show me the post and I'll say no more. Here is how I feel. OU is a good team now. Alabama is a VERY good team, potentially a great team. My experience has been that when these two type of teams meet, things can get out of hand. Many times it's worked in OUs favor:

1. Very good 1984 OU team against a good Missouri team.
2. Great 2000 OU team against a good Texas team.
3. Very good 2003 team against a good Texas team
4. Very good 2008 OU team against a good Nebraska

Sometimes it works against us.

1. Good OU team verses a very good A&M team last year.
2. Very good OU team against (unfortunately) a Great USC team in 2004. (Though I think the game would have been much closer with Dvoracek playing)

And let's be fair...Most teams schedule a couple patsies every year. How receptive were we in 2000 to any criticism about our first three opponents: UTEP, Arkansas State, Rice?

We weren't the best (as in talented) team in 00, we just wanted it more and had the most desire to win, and would have been left out if any other two teams had been undefeated. Also we beat a great undefeated Nebraska team that year who was #1 if you recall. Bama has no such achievement this year. That year the team that was good beat a very good and more talented team that was supposed to smash us in the National championship. So it can and hopefully will happen again this postseason. It would have been nice to see that 2000 team beat an a mid to top-tier program outside of the conference. You have a point though. But in my opinion every single powerhouse program should schedule someone good (or at least a program that is usually good since it happens so far in advance) out of conference each year.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 12:06 AM
What if Bama went to a shady Italian restaurant the night before the game?

We weren't the best (as in talented) team in 00, we just wanted it more and had the most desire to win, and would have been left out if any other two teams had been undefeated. And the team that was good beat a very good and more talented team that was supposed to smash us in the National championship. So it can and hopefully will happen again this postseason. It would have been nice to see that 2000 team beat an a mid to top-tier program outside of the conference. You have a point though. But in my opinion every single powerhouse program should schedule someone good out of conference each year.

Flame Bait Troll . Dont feed the Troll!

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 12:06 AM
Troll. Why dont you list ALL these "READERS" Please. Or better yet Let them speak for themselves. Yes after 10 years here Ive Pisszed off a few , I'd bet Less than YOU have in 2 months :surprise:
You are a Troll that is here Flamebaiting and Nothing more.
Yes MORAN QBs get injured, Does that give YOU the right to start a Thread with the Main intent to start a Flame war between both schools?
again I say
**** off dip ****!

At least four other posters on this thread have been able to divine the issue I presented and have responded to it with an opinion. They were able to determine that I'm not trying to start a war between OU and Bama. They understand the meaning of the word "clean" in the phrase "clean hit". Perhaps it's telling (and the sight of you would probably confirm) why you have so much problem understanding the word clean.

And trust me, I get many personal messages sent to me about standing up to what they call "a classic internet bully". They refer to you in many other more colorful ways too.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 12:07 AM
At least four other posters on this thread have been able to divine the issue I presented and have responded to it with an opinion. They were able to determine that I'm not trying to start a war between OU and Bama. They understand the meaning of the word "clean" in the phrase "clean hit". Perhaps it's telling (and the sight of you would probably confirm) why you have so much problem understanding the word clean.

And trust me, I get many personal messages sent to me about standing up to what they call "a classic internet bully". They refer to you in many other more colorful ways too.

So you are saying some dont Like me?

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 12:11 AM
Flame Bait Troll . Dont feed the Troll!

Yes, by all means, SoonerForLife92, don't engage in meaningful discussion that's relevant to the issue. Just resort to ad hominems. Try "troll" for starters.

SoonerForLife92
12/14/2013, 12:15 AM
Yes, by all means, SoonerForLife92, don't engage in meaningful discussion that's relevant to the issue. Just resort to ad hominems. Try "troll" for starters.

Anyway... I still stand by what I said that our 2000 team beat #1 Nebraska and Bama has no such feat this season. And that every mid to top tier program should schedule at least one good (or usually good since the scheduling is so far in advance) out of conference opponent each season.

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 12:15 AM
So you are saying some dont Like me?

Oh....here it comes....trotted out many times before...but what the heck, let's hear it again....

This is where Olevet does the classic sarcastic bit about "how hurt he is that some people don't like him, because he really wants to be liked"...

Alright, Vet...that's you cue!!!! You're on.

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 12:18 AM
Anyway... I still stand by what I said that our 2000 team beat #1 Nebraska and Bama has no such feat this season. And that every mid to top tier program should schedule at least one good (or usually good since the scheduling is so far in advance) out of conference opponent each season.

No, your point is a valid one. OU should be credited with the fact that it regularly schedules a good non-conference opponent. Though, again (as you point out) a team that was good when scheduled may not be so good when the game rolls around. i.e. Tennessee next year.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 12:18 AM

This thread is Nothing but Flame Bait Why would any Intelligent Poster OR Sooner Fan debate this issue with you is Beyond me.Some have tried to over look your obvious Trollness and address the issue you brought up, Others have just said you are a ****ing Idiot .
You go girl You are Cute when you are mad.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 12:20 AM
Oh....here it comes....trotted out many times before...but what the heck, let's hear it again....

This is where Olevet does the classic sarcastic bit about
"how hurt he is that some people don't like him, because he really wants to be liked"...

Alright, Vet...that's you cue!!!! You're on.

You really are a ****ing idiot arnt you? I DGAFRF if you or anyone else "LIKES" me
again Troll **** off dip****. LMFAO

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 12:22 AM

You Betcha Bro, We Beat Teams That most folks said would beat us by 3 TDs. Ring any Bells?

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 12:22 AM
This thread is Nothing but Flame Bait Why would any Intelligent Poster OR Sooner Fan debate this issue with you is Beyond me.Some have tried to over look your obvious Trollness and address the issue you brought up, Others have just said you are a ****ing Idiot .

Fine, you don't like the topic of the thread. Then leave. Go to another thread. Or log off and open up a new book...or finish coloring in your last book, then go on to the new book.

SoonerForLife92
12/14/2013, 12:23 AM

Vet you may not agree with him or his arguments or opinions. Doesn't mean he is a troll for stating his opinion. And as people have pointed out in this thread his intent isn't to wish harm on anyone, it is to ask if, for some whatever reason, McCarron would be out of the game if we would have a better chance of winning. I say we have just as good a chance with him in the game.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 12:30 AM
Vet you may not agree with him or his arguments or opinions. Doesn't mean he is a troll for stating his opinion. And as people have pointed out in this thread his intent isn't to wish harm on anyone, it is to ask if, for some whatever reason, McCarron would be out of the game if we would have a better chance of winning. I say we have just as good a chance with him in the game.

Read what you want Bro. His Intent from the start was to Flame Bait.

MHO? If A.J. Got injured right out of the Box ? we are ****ed. Nuff said !

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 12:31 AM

SoonerforLife92:

I've tried, and I commend you for doing the same. But trust me, he will never let facts get in the way of the story he's created in his mind. You and I have points of agreement and points of disagreement, and that's fine. But I know we both agree that we'd love to see Saban lose on Jan 2nd. You are just more optimistic than I about it happening.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/14/2013, 12:34 AM

Dude, you are way out of line and know nothing of this board. If you are a real Sooner, STFU with the BS stuff you are spouting.

Otherwise, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

And BTW, any true Sooner would want McCarron in there so when we win there are no excuses!

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 12:36 AM
SoonerforLife92:

I've tried, and I commend you for doing the same. But trust me, he will never let facts get in the way of the story he's created in his mind. You and I have points of agreement and points of disagreement, and that's fine. But I know we both agree that we'd love to see Saban lose on Jan 2nd. You are just more optimistic than I about it happening.

I just dont think we need an Injury to an Opposing Player to win. You do and appear to want one so lets Kiss an Make up

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAcZHaOmgVRiFbjISYp8-e54JAOmehPblJkN3v-7eysXzXPe1-QA

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 12:37 AM
Dude, you are way out of line and know nothing of this board. If you are a real Sooner, STFU with the BS stuff you are spouting.

And BTW, any true Sooner would want McCarron in there so when we win there are no excuses!

So you are predicting an OU win whether or not McCarron plays the whole game? I don't think that will happen, I think BAMA is just too strong. If I am wrong, I am more than willing to admit it on this board. If you are wrong, are you willing to do the same?

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 12:38 AM

Heh. Oh By the way Padre are we Best Friends? are YOU Posse? Have I negged you to Bolivia LOL
Love ya Bro Only as a Sooner Bro tho

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 12:43 AM
So you are predicting an OU win whether or not McCarron plays the whole game? I don't think that will happen, I think BAMA is just too strong. If I am wrong, I am more than willing to admit it on this board. If you are wrong, are you willing to do the same?

Did you study under the Bill Clinton school of Twist?
Now its back to you thinking Bamma will tear us a New one?
TROLL.
Simple
Ill make a Bet with YOU if you have the Balls
Ill bet 500 against your 250 (In case yer Mathematically challenged thats 2to1 ) that Bamma dont beat us by the 21 points .you Have predicted .

Since I dont Know you Nor do I trust you we can Pick anyone suitable to HOLD the Bets
Ya Got the Balls Bitch!

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 12:45 AM
I just dont think we need an Injury to an Opposing Player to win. You do and appear to want one so lets Kiss an Make up

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAcZHaOmgVRiFbjISYp8-e54JAOmehPblJkN3v-7eysXzXPe1-QA

Here is my serious answer.

I don't want McCarron injured. I don't think we can beat Bama with McCarron. If I am wrong, I will say so on this board and take all the stoning that comes.

I'm wondering if we can beat Bama without McCarron? How good is his backup? How much playing time has he gotten? Could Bama put in a backup, not throw one pass and beat us by running on every down?

Back in 2007, when Bradford went down against Tech, my biggest complaint about that loss was that I think we still could have won just by running every down. I don't think Tech could have stopped us. But we spent too much time trying to let Halzle get comfortable with the passing game. By the time Halzle found his rhythm in the second half, it was too late.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 12:47 AM
Here is my serious answer.

I don't want McCarron injured. I don't think we can beat Bama with McCarron. If I am wrong, I will say so on this board and take all the stoning that comes.

I'm wondering if we can beat Bama without McCarron? How good is his backup? How much playing time has he gotten? Could Bama put in a backup, not throw one pass and beat us by running on every down?

Back in 2007, when Bradford went down against Tech, my biggest complaint about that loss was that I think we still could have won just by running every down. I don't think Tech could have stopped us. But we spent too much time trying to let Halzle get comfortable with the passing game. By the time Halzle found his rhythm in the second half, it was too late.

You sure have a way with words. The TONE of this post is 180 from your 1st !
Do you NOT realize your 1st Post was Massive Message board materiel to the Bamma Fans ?

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 12:51 AM
Do you NOT realize your 1st Post was Massive Message board materiel to the Bamma Fans ?

It's really not. I said clean hit.

The problem with your bet is what can happen in garbage time. So I offer a different bet that I think is true to the spirit of what I believe, and what you don't think will happen. At the start of the fourth quarter, I say Bama is up by at least 17. Bet?

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2013, 12:53 AM

Pretty sure thats why he posted it. If that didn't go into his consideration, he's even more of an idiot than I give him credit for.

VeeJay
12/14/2013, 12:56 AM
It was Bulletin Board material. but I doubt Bama much cares what's posted on a rival team's forum by an anonymous fan.

I'm a Bama homer and I understand all fan bases (even ours) have intolerable fans. But to hope that your team is going to win a game by taking out an opposing player sort of reeks of Miami Hurricanes, no?

I am glad this sentiment is not shared by the majority of Sooners I have known for a long time.

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 12:58 AM
Pretty sure thats why he posted it. If that didn't go into his consideration, he's even more of an idiot than I give him credit for.

From one Counselor to another...try understanding a case before stating the proposition it stands for.

Secondly, if you REALLY think Bama fans are so curious about what a few OU fans are saying on a blog, that says a lot about YOUR nature.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:00 AM
Did you study under the Bill Clinton school of Twist?
Now its back to you thinking Bamma will tear us a New one?
TROLL.
Simple
Ill make a Bet with YOU if you have the Balls
Ill bet 500 against your 250 (In case yer Mathematically challenged thats 2to1 ) that Bamma dont beat us by the 21 points .you Have predicted .

Since I dont Know you Nor do I trust you we can Pick anyone suitable to HOLD the Bets
Ya Got the Balls Bitch!

It's really not. I said clean hit.

The problem with your bet is what can happen in garbage time. So I offer a different bet that I think is true to the spirit of what I believe, and what you don't think will happen. At the start of the fourth quarter, I say Bama is up by at least 17. Bet?

No sir, You Have emphatically said that Bama will beat us by 21
Put up or shut up. Simple 2 to 1 odds Yer Point spread you have said , THIS is the Bet I will transfer . 500 bucks to some one I trust to hold it. You are to wishy washy for me to just trust out right
At least The OSU fan pays off .

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2013, 01:01 AM
From one Counselor to another...try understanding a case before stating the proposition it stands for.

Secondly, if you REALLY think Bama fans are so curious about what a few OU fans are saying on a blog, that says a lot about YOUR nature.

There are several threads over there about what is being discussed on sooner boards. Try doing your research before assuming you're right.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:02 AM

Trust me , hes MORE of an Idiot than either of us thought LOL

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 01:03 AM
It was Bulletin Board material. but I doubt Bama much cares what's posted on a rival team's forum by an anonymous fan.

I'm a Bama homer and I understand all fan bases (even ours) have intolerable fans. But to hope that your team is going to win a game by taking out an opposing player sort of reeks of Miami Hurricanes, no?

I am glad this sentiment is not shared by the majority of Sooners I have known for a long time.

I agree with you. However, I NEVER said or implied that I hoped we took McCarron out in order to win the game. I really didn't, so I not sure how you are getting that. In fact, my guess is that y'alls offensive line (coupled with Bama's stout defense) would be strong enough that a backup would only need to hand off to running backs the entire game in order to win. Again, I think OU is good. But I think Bama is Very Good, perhaps great.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:04 AM

Idiot Go look on the Bama Boards, Id be willing to bet this thread has already been mentioned !

stoops the eternal pimp
12/14/2013, 01:05 AM
Alabama has the least QB dependent offense out there.. They game plan simple
which why they typically succeed in bowl games. The QB doesn't have to play well for them to win.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:05 AM
There are several threads over there about what is being discussed on sooner boards. Try doing your research before assuming you're right.

You're a Counselor? I dint know that!

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 01:07 AM
Put up or shut up. Simple 2 to 1 odds Yer Point spread you have said , THIS is the Bet I will transfer . 500 bucks to some one I trust to hold it. You are to wishy washy for me to just trust out right

Fine, you got it. It's a bet. I'm putting up. I can't lose.

If OU wins, that means more to me than a lousy 250 bucks. If OU loses, I can take solace in your $500. You are a piece of work, but I do have confidence that you'd pay.

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2013, 01:09 AM
You're a Counselor? I dint know that!

I'm just not one of those people who likes bringing that into EVERY. SINGLE. DISCUSSION.

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 01:10 AM
If he's willing, I suggest we get moderator David Earl to hold the money, I trust him.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:12 AM

I agree with you. However, I NEVER said or implied that I hoped we took McCarron out in order to win the game. I really didn't, so I not sure how you are getting that. In fact, my guess is that y'alls offensive line (coupled with Bama's stout defense) would be strong enough that a backup would only need to hand off to running backs the entire game in order to win. Again, I think OU is good. But I think Bama is Very Good, perhaps great.

Dude you started this thread on the Premise of AJ gettin taken out , Now you are twisting in the wind and tryin to sound Reasonable
That shat dont Fly bro.

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 01:14 AM

I work with several Bama fans. They are all very smart people. I've heard nothing but good reports about Bama fans from those who traveled to Tuscaloosa in 03. I have faith that most (all is pushing it) have enough sense to understand the word "clean" and read through an entire post before rushing to judgment.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:16 AM
If he's willing, I suggest we get moderator David Earl to hold the money, I trust him.

Lets Be clear here I post 500 to your 250 You say Bamma will beat us By OVER 21 In other words They Beat us by 22 or I win., I dont want a push ok?
DE is Fine Or Might I suggest STEP He has Known me for ever and I think he Mite not Like me but so what

I can do the PayPal anytime , But If YOU do Paypal let me suggest you do so as a Gift and Personal. We dont wont Our Bet Mod to incur any expense!

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 01:18 AM
Dude you started this thread on the Premise of AJ gettin taken out , Now you are twisting in the wind and tryin to sound Reasonable
That shat dont Fly bro.

Wow. You REALLY won't let facts destroy the world-view you so badly want to believe. They say seeing is believing. You are an example of believing is seeing. You're like the people who wanted so badly to believe that OJ was innocent, that they refused to see the overwhelming facts to the contrary.

You are AMAZING, really!

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:19 AM
Alabama has the least QB dependent offense out there.. They game plan simple
which why they typically succeed in bowl games. The QB doesn't have to play well for them to win.

Step You willing to Hold the Money on this bet?

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:20 AM
I'm just not one of those people who likes bringing that into EVERY. SINGLE. DISCUSSION.

Well howin hell did dip**** know it?

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:22 AM
Wow. You REALLY won't let facts destroy the world-view you so badly want to believe. They say seeing is believing. You are an example of believing is seeing. You're like the people who wanted so badly to believe that OJ was innocent, that they refused to see the overwhelming facts to the contrary.

You are AMAZING, really!
Depends On what your Definition of "Is" Is" LOMAO

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 01:24 AM

Oh yeah, you are trustworthy. Here is the bet you offer. We dicker, but I accept your original bet. And NOW...you are telling me that Bama has to win by 22. You are a class act. Bama wins by 21 or more, I win. Just like the bet YOU (I repeat YOU) proposed.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:27 AM
[QUOTE=Snrinhouston;4264841]Oh yeah, you are trustworthy. Here is the bet you offer. We dicker, but I accept your original bet. And NOW...you are telling me that Bama has to win by 22. You are a class act. Bama wins by 21 or more, I win. Just like, 21 it is

Now lets Get STEP or DE to hold the Bucks !

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2013, 01:28 AM
I work with several Bama fans. They are all very smart people. I've heard nothing but good reports about Bama fans from those who traveled to Tuscaloosa in 03. I have faith that most (all is pushing it) have enough sense to understand the word "clean" and read through an entire post before rushing to judgment.

This is tiresome. Your point was that fans posting on message boards would not care or do not read the boards of their opponents before a big game. The truth is, many of them are ambivalent about the matchup and are looking for some red meat (like your OP) to get themselves interested. Hence pages like these blowing statements by OU coaches, players, and fans about Bama or the SEC out of proportion: http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213715 http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213441 http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/Oklahoma-people-feel-confident-about-the-game-23922961/1 I applaud you for trying to twist your focus around to find some ground you can defend, but that only works when ppl don't recognize it for what it is - a waste of time. Just like any common trollbait post.

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 01:29 AM
[QUOTE=Snrinhouston;4264841]Oh yeah, you are trustworthy. Here is the bet you offer. We dicker, but I accept your original bet. And NOW...you are telling me that Bama has to win by 22. You are a class act. Bama wins by 21 or more, I win. Just like, 21 it is

Now lets Get STEP or DE to hold the Bucks !

Oh no...It's not a bet until you publicly agree to the terms that YOU proposed. Bama wins by 21 or more, I win. So if the final score were to be 42-21, I win. Agreed?

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 01:30 AM
This is tiresome. Your point was that fans posting on message boards would not care or do not read the boards of their opponents before a big game. The truth is, many of them are ambivalent about the matchup and are looking for some red meat (like your OP) to get themselves interested. Hence pages like these blowing statements by OU coaches, players, and fans about Bama or the SEC out of proportion: http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213715 http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213441 http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/Oklahoma-people-feel-confident-about-the-game-23922961/1 I applaud you for trying to twist your focus around to find some ground you can defend, but that only works when ppl don't recognize it for what it is - a waste of time. Just like any common trollbait post.

I find it hard to believe you passed the bar.

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2013, 01:32 AM
Well howin hell did dip**** know it?

Probably b/c I mentioned it briefly in a thread tonight discussing the Jameis Winston non-case simply to qualify a statement about how the standard practice for dealing with physical evidence in that case deviated so dramatically from that which is common in even small-town investigations. Rather embarrassing for the Tallahasse PD imo. But yeah, I've got nearly a thousand posts and I'm fairly sure that was the first time I mentioned it. Already kind of regretting that however..

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:34 AM
[QUOTE=olevetonahill;4264845]

Oh no...It's not a bet until you publicly agree to the terms that YOU proposed. Bama wins by 21 or more, I win. So if the final score were to be 42-21, I win. Agreed?

I did Dip**** , I Only agree if DE or STEP are willing to hold the bet . Like I said My word is good I have paid off across this country and have Won across this country Never had a Prob , YOU on the Other hand I dont trust fer shat !
Specially on a 2 to 1 Bet

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2013, 01:35 AM
I find it hard to believe you passed the bar.

Considering you haven't believed anything else that has been argued here using either logic or supporting facts, that does not surprise me in the least.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:38 AM
Probably b/c I mentioned it briefly in a thread tonight discussing the Jameis Winston non-case simply to qualify a statement about how the standard practice for dealing with physical evidence in that case deviated so dramatically from that which is common in even small-town investigations. Rather embarrassing for the Tallahasse PD imo. But yeah, I've got nearly a thousand posts and I'm fairly sure that was the first time I mentioned it. Already kind of regretting that however..
Well I salute you.At least YOU show some common sense ! LOL

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 01:40 AM
[QUOTE=Snrinhouston;4264853]

I did Dip**** , I Only agree if DE or STEP are willing to hold the bet . Like I said My word is good I have paid off across this country and have Won across this country Never had a Prob , YOU on the Other hand I dont trust fer shat !
Specially on a 2 to 1 Bet

Oh, you don't need to worry. My money is good.

You don't like me. fine.
You think I don't know squat about OU football. fine.
You think I really am a fan of some rival team. fine.
If I lose this bet, you will damn sure KNOW I am not a welsh.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:44 AM
Considering you haven't believed anything else that has been argued here using either logic or supporting facts, that does not surprise me in the least.

Excuse me But this makes me
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXei9y0OeNWZ6VS9zHWrmbNG83uBU6i FYrgbD-NF_D24-GkRhm

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 01:47 AM
Have your fun. You just let me know when you got one of the two to hold the money for our bet. And whomever it is, must say on this board that they understand the bet to be that OleVet is putting up $500 against my $250 wherein Olevet has OU +20.

SoonerForLife92
12/14/2013, 01:53 AM

He did while conversing with me in this thread on the 2nd page.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:58 AM
[QUOTE=olevetonahill;4264867]

Oh, you don't need to worry. My money is good.

You don't like me. fine.
You think I don't know squat about OU football. fine.
You think I really am a fan of some rival team. fine.
If I lose this bet, you will damn sure KNOW I am not a welsh.

I dont KNOW you so how would I know if I liked you or not?I dont much care for your Posting style but that is not YOU
DGAS about what ya know about OU football
No I believe you are an OU fan in some sick twisted way But you are an OU fan

Ya got that shat right You Lose its gonna because some one I trust is holding the Money .:lemo:

Back in 81 er 82 I met a saxet fan in a bar in KC we talked FootBall fer a bit , as we parted we made a 500 buck bet on the OU saxet game that weekend . He axed me how we gonna settle. I said we swap Business cards
Loser sends the winner a check easy
I sent him a 500 buck check "For consulting Fees"
Never saw the man agin . But I know my word is good. You on the other hand????????
Naw I want STEP or DE to Hold Ok?

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 01:59 AM
Further. I post for all to see...that I agree with the following:

Anyone who welshes on a bet is an irrefutable piece of sh*t, the lowest of the low, deserving on nobody's respect.

Olevet, do you concur?

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 01:59 AM
He did while conversing with me in this thread on the 2nd page.

But hes all Broke back mountain for you LOL

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 02:01 AM
Further. I post for all to see...that I agree with the following:

Anyone who welshes on a bet is an irrefutable piece of sh*t, the lowest of the low, deserving on nobody's respect.

Olevet, do you concur?

Now this we can agree on, Still dont know you from cold shat so Either STEP or DE holds the funds or all bets are off.

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 02:02 AM
[QUOTE=Snrinhouston;4264886]

I dont KNOW you so how would I know if I liked you or not?I dont much care for your Posting style but that is not YOU
DGAS about what ya know about OU football
No I believe you are an OU fan in some sick twisted way But you are an OU fan

Ya got that shat right You Lose its gonna because some one I trust is holding the Money .:lemo:

Back in 81 er 82 I met a saxet fan in a bar in KC we talked FootBall fer a bit , as we parted we made a 500 buck bet on the OU saxet game that weekend . He axed me how we gonna settle. I said we swap Business cards
Loser sends the winner a check easy
I sent him a 500 buck check "For consulting Fees"
Never saw the man agin . But I know my word is good. You on the other hand????????
Naw I want STEP or DE to Hold Ok?

My word is good. And if I win, and you pay...I will certainly publicly credit you for your good credit. If I lose, I will pay you, and expect you to return the favor.

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 02:03 AM
STEP or DE holding the money is fine.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 02:07 AM
[QUOTE=olevetonahill;4264924]

My word is good. And if I win, and you pay...I will certainly publicly credit you for your good credit. If I lose, I will pay you, and expect you to return the favor.

STEP or DE holding the money is fine.

Your word Probably is Good. But you know what? I dont know that. You and I probably would have a great time watching a Game and sharing a Brew.
But I dont see that Happening either
STEP or DE holds or all bets are off Bitch!

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 02:10 AM
[QUOTE=Snrinhouston;4264933]

Your word Probably is Good. But you know what? I dont know that. You and I probably would have a great time watching a Game and sharing a Brew.

That is fine. But if (and perhaps understandable) neither of the two want to get involved, we'll continue to work to find someone who we both trust who is willing to hold the money.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 02:14 AM
[QUOTE=Snrinhouston;4264933]

[QUOTE=olevetonahill;4264940]

That is fine. But if (and perhaps understandable) neither of the two want to get involved, we'll continue to work to find someone who we both trust who is willing to hold the money.

Now who has reading Comprehension problems ?

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 02:16 AM
I will suggest ONE other
thats
soonergirlNeugene

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 02:17 AM
I really Dont care there are a 100 or more here who I would trust ! YOU pick one ok?

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 02:19 AM
I'm just saying...they may not want to get involved. If they don't, there must be someone else we can both agree to trust? Hell, I'd trust EugeneGirl. Don't like her, but I'd trust her. She's knows (just as I do) how unkindly a state bar would react to a complaint about mismanagement of funds held in trust.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 02:24 AM
I'm just saying...they may not want to get involved. If they don't, there must be someone else we can both agree to trust? Hell, I'd trust EugeneGirl. Don't like her, but I'd trust her. She's knows (just as I do) how unkindly a state bar would react to a complaint about mismanagement of funds held in trust.

And that may be precisely why she wouldnt want to do it

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 02:30 AM
With out Involving anyone else
lets do a 1-to 1 Bet of 250 You are so confidant That Bama will kick our ases
Scratch it all and Lets bet 250 on the 17 point pick you made
Bama wins By 17 I send you 250. OU kicks their asses you send Me 250LOL
Ou keeps the score with in 16 I win , Bama scores 17 to win YOU win
Ill trust you Heads up . But Not Double
Yer choice

Its the 2to1 at 21 or the heads up at 17 . Or lets just quit ****in with each other Ok ?
Ive said MY bets and Im thru .

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 02:38 AM
With out Involving anyone else
lets do a 1-to 1 Bet of 250 You are so confidant That Bama will kick our ases
Scratch it all and Lets bet 250 on the 17 point pick you made
Bama wins By 17 I send you 250. OU kicks their asses you send Me 250LOL
Ou keeps the score with in 16 I win , Bama scores 17 to win YOU win
Ill trust you Heads up . But Not Double
Yer choice

Its the 2to1 at 21 or the heads up at 17 . Or lets just quit ****in with each other Ok ?
Ive said MY bets and Im thru .

Done.

There are people on here don't like me. People on here don't like you. But whoever loses, the winner lets everyone else know when the loser has paid in full. You probably agree that not being liked is one thing, but being known or suspected of being a welsh is quite another.

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 02:39 AM
Heads up at 17 is what I meant by "done"

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 02:42 AM
Done.

There are people on here don't like me. People on here don't like you. But whoever loses, the winner lets everyone else know when the loser has paid in full. You probably agree that not being liked is one thing, but being known or suspected of being a welsh is quite another.
So whats done? you Giving me 17 points at 250 even? Then Thats a done deal

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 02:44 AM
Heads up at 17 is what I meant by "done"

Ok Lets Peem ady's NOW. I assume since ya think NOW im a straight up guy a Check will be ok ?

**** a bunch of Peem
Im
Howard Bingley
PO box 592
Wister , Ok.
Your turn!

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 02:46 AM
No, the first bet you suggested a few minutes ago. 250 on the line. You get OU +16. So, as you said, Bama wins by 17 or more, I win. Bama wins by 16 or less, or loses, then you win.

Bet?

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 02:50 AM
No, the first bet you suggested a few minutes ago. 250 on the line. You get OU +16. So, as you said, Bama wins by 17 or more, I win. Bama wins by 16 or less, or loses, then you win.

Bet?

K , wheres Yer Info?

Snrinhouston
12/14/2013, 02:51 AM
K , wheres Yer Info?

I'll send it via private message. This is between me and You.

olevetonahill
12/14/2013, 02:54 AM
I'll send it via private message. This is between me and You.

No this is Balls Posting Why hide? I dont !

soonergirlNeugene
12/14/2013, 05:08 AM
Leave me outta this one. Already learned a hard lesson about trusting anyone from the interwebs with money.

stoopified
12/14/2013, 07:36 AM
I would have felt better if Saban had left for Texas. Silly me, hahahahahahahaha. :)

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/14/2013, 07:59 AM

I believe the Sooners can win regardless of who the Bama qb is.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/14/2013, 08:02 AM
Heh. Oh By the way Padre are we Best Friends? are YOU Posse? Have I negged you to Bolivia LOL
Love ya Bro Only as a Sooner Bro tho

Let's go one at a time.

No
No
Yes

birddog
12/14/2013, 09:07 AM
In.

cherokeebrewer
12/14/2013, 09:20 AM
Leave me outta this one. Already learned a hard lesson about trusting anyone from the interwebs with money.

And lending money to friends. You're likely to lose your money and your friends...

David Earl
12/14/2013, 09:46 AM
Would you be confident I would lock this thread if it was a classless piece of trash?