PDA

View Full Version : JUCO RB (De'Chavon Hayes) making his announcement Friday

8timechamps
12/12/2013, 10:16 PM
It's between OU and ASU. Both schools have made in-hope visits this week, so we'll see how it turns out. Hayes is slightly larger version of Roy Finch. A potentially explosive player. And, it would be nice to have another upperclassman in the group.

I did hear an interesting tid bit that is sort of related to this though; Whether Hayes commits, or not, the Sooners are expecting to close the class with two additional RBs. Given the names out there, it could be a very, very good class.

friction
12/13/2013, 07:59 AM
Does this mean we have concern about Joe Mixon signing?

birddog
12/13/2013, 11:12 AM
It's nice to know we don't have issues getting great rbs. Hopefully we can improve in other areas while bringing in productive backs.

Widescreen
12/13/2013, 11:16 AM
OL, OL, OL, OL, OL

BoulderSooner79
12/13/2013, 11:39 AM
"in-hope visit"? As in in-hope that they commit? I like it.

Yes, we have great success in signing highly rated RBs. But having them produce on the field has been a tougher nut to crack (with apologies to Mr. Clay). It reminds of the Seinfeld where Jerry reserves a rental car, but they don't have a car available when he gets there. He explains what a reservation is to the agent and she says "I know what a reservation is, sir". Jerry: "I don't think you do". I truly hope that Ford, Ross and others pan out and cause some of you to dig up this post and wave it in my face :)

8timechamps
12/13/2013, 12:58 PM
Hayes committed to ASU.

Things are pretty interesting with the RBs. There's been rumors among some high school coaches that OU may have just taken Hayes as a "nice addition". So, it sounds like things are still in good shape for Mixon (possibly Starks). Xavier Turner is also getting some attention. It's still possible the Sooners take 3 RBs in this class.

Scott D
12/13/2013, 01:53 PM
Does that mean that Starks' other issues have been resolved?

vtsooner21
12/14/2013, 07:37 AM
OL, OL, OL, OL, OL

Defense, Defense, Defense...

Boomer

8timechamps
12/14/2013, 07:32 PM
Does that mean that Starks' other issues have been resolved?

Not sure what issues you're talking about, but he was reinstated by the Colorado High School Athletics Association, and was able to finish out his senior year playing. Contrary to some speculation, OU never pulled his offer. As far as I know, we're still after him. He's listed OU in his final 5.

Scott D
12/14/2013, 10:32 PM
Probably the thread from back in May that said he got booted from Bishop Gorman.