PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Knight Status

ObiKaTony
12/12/2013, 09:22 PM
So any word on trevor knights status for the bowl game?

8timechamps
12/12/2013, 09:41 PM
He's good to go for the game. Could have gone back in the second half if needed.

Eielson
12/12/2013, 09:51 PM
Could have gone back in the second half if needed.

Really? I feel like we needed him in that third quarter.

BoulderSooner79
12/12/2013, 09:58 PM
He's good to go for the game. Could have gone back in the second half if needed.

With a separated shoulder? That doesn't seem rational even with a 1st degree separation. Regardless, I don't think he could have made the critical throws down the stretch that Bell made. I'm hoping our staff is prepared to use multiple QBs against Bama if needed.

olevetonahill
12/12/2013, 10:01 PM
With a separated shoulder? That doesn't seem rational even with a 1st degree separation. Regardless, I don't think he could have made the critical throws down the stretch that Bell made. I'm hoping our staff is prepared to use multiple QBs against Bama if needed.

It was his Non throwing arm that was hurt. Yall remember AD against A&M ???

BoulderSooner79
12/12/2013, 10:16 PM
It was his Non throwing arm that was hurt. Yall remember AD against A&M ???

But AD didn't have to take snaps, make option reads or handoffs (or pass!). But seriously, I do remember AD against A&M and he was not effective late in the game because of the shoulder. It took Jason White heroics to pull that one out. I remember cringing when AD was taking hits late in that game because it was clear he was one hurting' pup.

yermom
12/12/2013, 11:57 PM
He kinda played decoys bit if I remember right

swardboy
12/13/2013, 08:26 AM
The Crimson Knight shall go forth into glorious battle.

I'm not saying he'll win, but he shall go forth....

8timechamps
12/13/2013, 01:10 PM
Really? I feel like we needed him in that third quarter.

That's what Heuple said Monday to the media. He said that Knight was "fine", and he "could have played in the second half".

Players play with shoulder separations all the time. It's painful, but if a guy can get past the pain, he can play. NFL guys do it weekly.

Side note: Deadspin ran an article yesterday (it's an excerpt from former Bronco TE Nate Jackson's book), and he outlines all of the injuries he had over his time in Denver, and how he dealt with them. Shoulder separation was among them, and he played through it.

BoulderSooner79
12/13/2013, 01:48 PM
And since you're referencing Denver, Brian Griese (a QB), played through what had to be a more severe separation than TK had. It still wasn't a good idea and he wasn't a option run QB expected to take hits. I'll just take any injury information from our coaches with a shaker of salt (and that's not a bad thing). Hard to imagine they would put KT out there if TK really could have played. Actions speak louder than words - maybe "could have played at a level below KT or BB"?

8timechamps
12/13/2013, 01:57 PM
And since you're referencing Denver, Brian Griese (a QB), played through what had to be a more severe separation than TK had. It still wasn't a good idea and he wasn't a option run QB expected to take hits. I'll just take any injury information from our coaches with a shaker of salt (and that's not a bad thing). Hard to imagine they would put KT out there if TK really could have played. Actions speak louder than words - maybe "could have played at a level below KT or BB"?

I took "He could have played" as "He really couldn't, but his injury isn't too severe".

If you get a chance, check out the Deadspin article on Nate Jackson. It's amazing any of those guys live as long as they do.

cvsooner
12/13/2013, 02:01 PM
Depending upon the source, it's been referred to as a shoulder separation and a dislocated shoulder, which are separate things. The way Heupel said it "popped back into place" makes me think it was a dislocated shoulder, and if it wasn't severe, the rehab is usually quite a bit quicker, unless it's a chronic problem.

BoulderSooner79
12/13/2013, 02:23 PM
I took "He could have played" as "He really couldn't, but his injury isn't too severe".

If you get a chance, check out the Deadspin article on Nate Jackson. It's amazing any of those guys live as long as they do.

Yeah, that's the way I took the injury quote too. There was another book written some years ago by a San Diego Chargers player about all the injuries the whole team had to play through one season. Just brutal. It really makes one think about how we encourage this by being fans - and this was before all the concussion talk and suicides later in life and Earl Campbell in a wheelchair and ....

KantoSooner
12/13/2013, 02:50 PM
CV, I didn't hear the comment about 'popped back into place'. If so, that sounds a lot like a dislocation....which I had four or five of during high school wrestling and which my coach would 'pop back into place' by placing one foot on my neck, one on my rib cage and then pulling the arm out and easing it back into the socket. Hurt, but the key was getting it back in IMMEDIATELY, before fluid could build up and everything got irritated. He'd call time and do it on the mat in front of the whole crowd.
You could run the next day and within a week were back at practice.
Of course it makes it more likely to happen again, but it's not a career ender at all.

cvsooner
12/13/2013, 02:56 PM
Heupel I think Monday said "it popped back into place on its own" or something pretty close to that. I'll see if I can find it.

cvsooner
12/13/2013, 03:06 PM
Jake Trotter of ESPN refers to it as a "dislocated shoulder on his non-throwing side" but I haven't found the Heupel quote. I think it was Heupel. Maybe it was HC Bob Stoops.

EDIT: Trotter first reported the injury Saturday as a separated shoulder, but three days later changed it to dislocated. Whether that's accurate or not, I don't know, but Trotter has been been pretty much spot on in his reporting as far as getting it right.

KantoSooner
12/13/2013, 03:55 PM
I would think it's highly personal. I've dislocated about half the joints in my body (exagerration, but still), but never broken anything. Maybe some people's rotator and other cuffs are shallower? Thus making it easier for the ball to 'pop out' under stress or impact.