PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

JohnS
12/11/2013, 07:17 PM
Just hadn't said it yet. Thank you!

-BaylorBear

8timechamps
12/11/2013, 07:28 PM
Enjoy the title, and go represent the Big XII in the Fiesta!

ouduckhunter
12/11/2013, 07:31 PM
Go kick some a$$!

SoonerMarkVA
12/11/2013, 07:37 PM
And thank you, for embarrassing ut!

swardboy
12/12/2013, 08:13 AM
Embarrass UCF, please.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/12/2013, 09:22 AM
I just need some more film to evaluate Blake Bortles..Had a bang the table discussion about him a few days ago.. Anyway, ask PB to throw some different blitz packages at him and make him throw from the pocket..Thanks.

badger
12/12/2013, 09:32 AM
Just hadn't said it yet. Thank you!

-BaylorBear

Congrats, but keep in mind that if you little greenies don't buy Fiesta Bowl tickets, you can kiss any chance of getting a decent bowl game ever again (except through default) goodbye. I know it might be tempting to buy $5 tickets on gameday from a scalper, but your beloved Baylor will have to buy any remaining of its unsold allotment, so just go ahead and buy through BU.

Also, since you're new to BCS bowls and all, the Fiesta Bowl trophy is ugly, Fortunately, they don't let you keep it if you win it.

One more thing... please rub this in Texas A&M's face as often as you can. It's fun to see them squirm and try to legitimize a 4-loss no-championship season.

Sooners78
12/12/2013, 09:50 AM
I just need some more film to evaluate Blake Bortles..Had a bang the table discussion about him a few days ago.. Anyway, ask PB to throw some different blitz packages at him and make him throw from the pocket..Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxlmZfh9LIo

These are some nice highlights from the Rutgers game. I'm not sure what you can take from this, Rutgers being the opponent. UCF has a couple of nice backs, and of course Bortles looks good in the highlights, but Baylor's D should be able to get pressure on him. Bennett has consistently been one of the best DCs in the country at blitz schemes. UCF's only big win was at Louisville, which was a nice comeback win. However, Louisville could be very overrated.

Widescreen
12/12/2013, 10:03 AM
Remember when Louisville was being talked about as a national championship contender. That was funny.

badger
12/12/2013, 10:08 AM
Remember when Louisville was being talked about as a national championship contender. That was funny.

The SEC was all like "oh noes!" what if our superior one-loss teams are jumped by an undefeated inferior team?

Oh wait, that wasn't just Louisville, that was everyone. They're probably pizzed that Florida State is above Auburn and Bammer :P

BigTip
12/12/2013, 10:16 AM
Congrats, but keep in mind that if you little greenies don't buy Fiesta Bowl tickets, you can kiss any chance of getting a decent bowl game ever again (except through default) goodbye.

Right? I don't see it happening either. They rarely sold out HUGE (ha!) Floyd Casey, even in the midst of their recent successes. How are they going to travel to fill a bigger stadium?
I hope they do though and I hope they represent.

badger
12/12/2013, 10:23 AM
Right? I don't see it happening either. They rarely sold out HUGE (ha!) Floyd Casey, even in the midst of their recent successes. How are they going to travel to fill a bigger stadium?
I hope they do though and I hope they represent.

It's not about filling it, I think BCS bowl ticket allotments are around 10K. If they sell that out, they're in good shape. If they sell more, they'll have a shot at future at-larges, or at least being selected before the Butt of Dallas bowl is stuck with them

Consider: UConn had trouble selling their Fiesta Bowl ticket allotment (when they played us), so their ath dept had to eat a lot of the added big bowl costs. I'd also argue that this lack of support led them to lose their winning coach to Maryland (who was replaced by a crappy coach fired mid-season this year), as well as being abandoned by its Big East brethren with no big conference landing spot.

KantoSooner
12/12/2013, 10:37 AM
Badger, this is not to be taken as criticism, but UCONN lost their coach and spiralled once more downward for the simple reason that they are not a 'big football' school. It's an utterly different mentality and one that produces a very engaging style of football that is very old school, very accessible, very fan friendly and not capable of competing with top 30 programs very often. It's the type of football where an errant punt may very well bounce into somebody's kielbasa grill or splash into an open cooler. And where people wander in mid-third quarter while out walking the dog, and bring the dog with. It's not hard to see why someone who considers themselves to be 'serious' about a career in coaching might want to move on.

Jacie
12/12/2013, 10:38 AM
First of all, Connecticutt fans had no idea what to do with a bowl game.

Second, those that did knew it was a mismatch.

You can't go by their experience.

badger
12/12/2013, 10:45 AM
So you're saying that if the Big 12 imploded that Baylor, being a bigger football school than UConn and all, would have a better landing spot than the remnants of the old Big East? :D

vtsooner21
12/12/2013, 11:06 AM
Badger, this is not to be taken as criticism, but UCONN lost their coach and spiralled once more downward for the simple reason that they are not a 'big football' school. It's an utterly different mentality and one that produces a very engaging style of football that is very old school, very accessible, very fan friendly and not capable of competing with top 30 programs very often. It's the type of football where an errant punt may very well bounce into somebody's kielbasa grill or splash into an open cooler. And where people wander in mid-third quarter while out walking the dog, and bring the dog with. It's not hard to see why someone who considers themselves to be 'serious' about a career in coaching might want to move on.

Well; they are the Huskies, right?

Boomer

cvsooner
12/12/2013, 12:37 PM
No offense to Baylor, but the only time I see fans wearing anything close to their gear colors, they're either Oregon Duck or Notre Dame Irish fans. I can't recall outside of watching a Baylor game on tv ever seeing anyone in public wearing Baylor apparel.

SicEmBaylor
12/12/2013, 03:16 PM
Congrats, but keep in mind that if you little greenies don't buy Fiesta Bowl tickets, you can kiss any chance of getting a decent bowl game ever again (except through default) goodbye. I know it might be tempting to buy $5 tickets on gameday from a scalper, but your beloved Baylor will have to buy any remaining of its unsold allotment, so just go ahead and buy through BU.

Also, since you're new to BCS bowls and all, the Fiesta Bowl trophy is ugly, Fortunately, they don't let you keep it if you win it.

One more thing... please rub this in Texas A&M's face as often as you can. It's fun to see them squirm and try to legitimize a 4-loss no-championship season.
I think you also need to keep in mind the size of our school and the size of our alumni base.

SicEmBaylor
12/12/2013, 03:18 PM
No offense to Baylor, but the only time I see fans wearing anything close to their gear colors, they're either Oregon Duck or Notre Dame Irish fans. I can't recall outside of watching a Baylor game on tv ever seeing anyone in public wearing Baylor apparel.
We're a small school with a small alumni base. Unless you live pretty near us then it becomes increasingly unlikely. Having said that, I've seen Baylor people in MS, DC, and all over Oklahoma. There are a couple of them here in Muskogee, and Tulsa has quite a few alumni.

MsProudSooner
12/12/2013, 03:34 PM
We're a small school with a small alumni base. Unless you live pretty near us then it becomes increasingly unlikely. Having said that, I've seen Baylor people in MS, DC, and all over Oklahoma. There are a couple of them here in Muskogee, and Tulsa has quite a few alumni.

You mean that every Baptist in Tempe won't buy a ticket to the game through Baylor - no matter where they went to school?

SicEmBaylor
12/12/2013, 03:35 PM
You mean that every Baptist in Tempe won't buy a ticket to the game through Baylor - no matter where they went to school?
Anyone who thinks Baptists are a monolithic group in lock-step with one another like the Catholics then you damned sure don't know Baptists!

Bourbon St Sooner
12/12/2013, 03:44 PM
Anyone who thinks Baptists are a monolithic group in lock-step with one another like the Catholics then you damned sure don't know Baptists!

You damn sure don't know Catholics. You don't want to see what happens when you get some Dominicans and Franciscans together after downing a few casks of wine.

SicEmBaylor
12/12/2013, 03:47 PM
You damn sure don't know Catholics. You don't want to see what happens when you get some Dominicans and Franciscans together after downing a few casks of wine.
lol, fair enough.

BoulderSooner79
12/12/2013, 03:51 PM

Beat me to it - Catholics are an extremely diverse lot. But they *will* all pull for Notre Dame in football.