PDA

View Full Version : Hornbeak out 4-6 weeks

Soonerjeepman
12/11/2013, 10:04 AM
He'll miss 10 games (6 weeks)

biggies: am, ku H, isu H, ksu R, bu R...

ugh~

Boomer.....
12/11/2013, 10:29 AM
My heart skipped a beat for a second. I didn't see that this was in the basketball forum and thought you were talking about Jalen Saunders.

BTW, it's Ja'lon. His 21 minutes off the bench will be tough to replace.

Oklahoma sophomore guard Je’lon Hornbeak will miss four to six weeks due to a broken bone in his left foot.

Hornbeak suffered the injury in practice Tuesday morning.

Hornbeak is averaging 5.7 points, 2.3 rebounds, 2.9 assists and 1.1 steals off the bench.

“We’re very disappointed for Je’lon,” Sooners coach Lon Kruger said in a statement. “This will impact our team significantly while he’s out.”

Hornbeak’s 21-minute average was the most off the bench for the Sooners. The injury figures to open more playing time for freshman Frank Booker.

Booker is averaging 4.3 points in 12.3 minutes. He’s shooting 29.4 percent from the floor and 27.6 percent from behind the 3-point line.

This is the second foot injury suffered in the last four months for Hornbeak. He suffered a stress fracture in his right foot just after the team returned from its five-game European trip in August.

After taking the week off from games for finals, the Sooners resume play against Tulsa at 4 p.m. Saturday at home.

Hornbeak figures to miss at least the start of Big 12 play. The Sooners open conference play at Texas on Jan. 4.

http://newsok.com/sooners-sophomore-guard-jelon-hornbeak-out-four-to-six-weeks/article/3913227

8timechamps
12/11/2013, 03:45 PM
It sucks to have any contributor out, but I think we should be able to work around this fairly well. At least some of his time out will be OOC play. We'll need him more as the conference schedule moves along.

Soonerjeepman
12/11/2013, 04:48 PM
My heart skipped a beat for a second. I didn't see that this was in the basketball forum and thought you were talking about Jalen Saunders.

BTW, it's Ja'lon. His 21 minutes off the bench will be tough to replace.

http://newsok.com/sooners-sophomore-guard-jelon-hornbeak-out-four-to-six-weeks/article/3913227
my bad...I wasn't thinking...