PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Bowl tickets

olevetonahill
12/10/2013, 07:46 PM
Got this in an Email from OU looks like face is 160 to 225

http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=BOWL&linkID=ou&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=&format=grpMenu&hq_e=el&hq_m=589028&hq_l=1&hq_v=131de66bc7

yermom
12/10/2013, 08:45 PM
I went ahead and bought some plaza tickets just so I wouldn't have to bother down there

5noubus
12/10/2013, 08:48 PM
We are going - tried to purchase tickets last night but couldn't secure 4 lowers together.
Wonder if they will go up?

8timechamps
12/10/2013, 09:00 PM
Anyone ever done the travel package through SoonerSports? Looks like a decent deal, and all the headaches are taken care of, the only thing I'm not sure about are the tickets. PrimeSports is doing a similar deal, but at a different hotel. If anyone has done anything through either of these two, please post some info. I'd like to book it in the next couple of days.

olevetonahill
12/10/2013, 09:12 PM
Anyone ever done the travel package through SoonerSports? Looks like a decent deal, and all the headaches are taken care of, the only thing I'm not sure about are the tickets. PrimeSports is doing a similar deal, but at a different hotel. If anyone has done anything through either of these two, please post some info. I'd like to book it in the next couple of days.

I also would like to know, Please share any experiences . TIA

flysooner9
12/10/2013, 09:27 PM
FYI Delta Airlines will be running a direct flight to and from New Orleans on Jan1 and Jan 3

soonergirlNeugene
12/10/2013, 11:36 PM
I'm going as well. Just hope it goes better than my last visit to the Sugar Bowl.

8timechamps
12/11/2013, 03:54 PM
Looks like I'm going to do the "Land Package" through SoonerSports. Since I'm not in OK, I'd have to drive there to fly, and I'm not driving 10 hours to catch a flight. It ends up being about the same cost as the "Air Package" even flying from Denver. Still, if anyone has used this service, post your thoughts/tips/advice.

badger
12/11/2013, 04:08 PM
Anyone ever done the travel package through SoonerSports?

My parents went through OU for both the Rose Bowl and Holiday Bowl (2003 and 2005) and had a great time. Buses took em to parades and the game, they were able to go to whatever local stuff they wanted, etc.

8timechamps
12/11/2013, 04:18 PM
My parents went through OU for both the Rose Bowl and Holiday Bowl (2003 and 2005) and had a great time. Buses took em to parades and the game, they were able to go to whatever local stuff they wanted, etc.

Thanks badg! I like the idea of the bus to/from the game.

badger
12/11/2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks badg! I like the idea of the bus to/from the game.

They may not do that stuff anymore, it's been nearly a decade, but my parents sounded 100 percent satisfied with their OU athletic department-sponsored trips.

They sadly couldn't go to either the Sugar or Orange those early aughts (tickets were expensive and hard to come by, especially Sugar vs LSU) but those Cali trips got rave reviews from them. Much better plan than ask-daughter-to-find-tickets-on-ebay (for 2002 Cotton Bowl)

humblesooner
12/11/2013, 05:32 PM
Guys - If you are looking for lower level tickets, just keep checking. I know that there are priority members that get large allotments of tickets that they are required to take or turn back. They have to be turned back in just a few days - not sure of the date. With LSU not involved in this game, the tickets will not be in high demand for these members. There will be lower level tickets available in the next few days.

8timechamps
12/11/2013, 07:30 PM
They may not do that stuff anymore, it's been nearly a decade, but my parents sounded 100 percent satisfied with their OU athletic department-sponsored trips.

They sadly couldn't go to either the Sugar or Orange those early aughts (tickets were expensive and hard to come by, especially Sugar vs LSU) but those Cali trips got rave reviews from them. Much better plan than ask-daughter-to-find-tickets-on-ebay (for 2002 Cotton Bowl)

Yeah, they still do the buses. I went ahead and booked the trip.

I went to the Sugar Bowl/National Title Game (LSU), and did all of the travel arrangements on my own. I vowed to never do that again. I've been to the bowl games in Phoenix several times, and never had an issue putting together my trip, but NO is a little different.

olevetonahill
12/11/2013, 08:01 PM
Yeah, they still do the buses. I went ahead and booked the trip.

I went to the Sugar Bowl/National Title Game (LSU), and did all of the travel arrangements on my own. I vowed to never do that again. I've been to the bowl games in Phoenix several times, and never had an issue putting together my trip, but NO is a little different.

Enjoy, Do you know yet where you will be sitting?