PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad (just started watching it)

ouwasp
12/9/2013, 10:19 PM
I'm about halfway through Season 1 Episode 3. It is interesting, and I'm wondering what's going to happen. But I don't care to see Walt's wife and son go through hell.

I know there are a lot of BB fans here. Give some pros and cons on continuing to watch this award-winning show.

Jacie
12/10/2013, 08:04 AM
Well, if you don't want to see Skylar go through hell, then you better stop watching now.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/10/2013, 09:59 AM
Best drama series ever made. You'd be foolish to not stay with it.

ouwasp
12/10/2013, 10:00 AM
Watched 5 episodes. Very intriguing and the acting is the best I have seen on TV. I'm just not very comfortable watching though...daughter is a belated fan of BB and she is the one wanting me to watch. When I mentioned my reservations, she started teasing me about being a Walking Dead fan. I told her flesh-rending zombies is one thing...Breaking Bad is another.

Skylar is sort of annoying, understandably, considering her circumstances. Really am fascinated with Jesse. Like Hank a lot. Walt Jr reminds me of me a little bit, as far as his thought processes go. My wife is a chemistry teacher, so that's another engaging angle.

But it is so dark. I might just leave Breaking Bad alone.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2013, 10:24 AM
I just started watching a few weeks ago.. At the end of Season 4 now. Discovered it the same way I discovered The Walking Dead a year ago..Bored at work and went through Netflix thinking what will keep me awake for the next 8 hrs.

I think there are a lot of similarities between Rick and Walt myself.

8timechamps
12/10/2013, 02:51 PM
BB is the best drama I've ever watch. Maybe the best ever on TV.

The series is dark, and it doesn't get any lighter further into the season. But, I think that's what made it so amazing. You must continue to the very end.

Eielson
12/10/2013, 03:26 PM
I watched it for an episode or two, got bored, and then went on to something else. Is it a show you gradually get more and more into, or were you guys immediately hooked?

stoops the eternal pimp
12/10/2013, 03:28 PM
Took me a few episodes.. By the end of season 1, I was hooked.

landrun
12/10/2013, 06:21 PM
It is the best series I've ever seen. I don't watch much TV. And when I saw the advertisements for this I always thought, "... who would watch that junk!"

But then my wife watched the last few episodes before the series end. I saw them. I thought it was very good so went back and watched the whole thing on NetFlix.

Keep watching. It is an incredible show!

Jerk
12/10/2013, 06:23 PM
Ditto on best series I've ever seen. Still have a few episodes left to watch but don't want to cuz I don't want it to ever end!

8timechamps
12/10/2013, 07:09 PM
I watched it for an episode or two, got bored, and then went on to something else. Is it a show you gradually get more and more into, or were you guys immediately hooked?

It took about half way through the first season to get hooked.

Jacie
12/11/2013, 07:18 AM
Early in the series, the writers sort of hammered the audience with the idea that everyone is breaking bad in some way (Hank with his Cuban cigars, Marie shoplifting) to justify Walt turning to making meth. It is not till later that Walt's real motivations are slowly revealed.

What I particularly liked in those first few shows were when Walt would use chemistry to deal with a situation (messing with the jerk in the sports car, the proper container to acid-dissolve a body, the confrontation with Tuco, getting through the steel door to get the drum of chemical they needed). Those moments are what make Walt different from your run-of-the-mill meth cooker.

As I got absorbed with the series and the characters fleshed out, it was easy to get caught up, hoping it would work out for them and knowing there was no way in hell any of it would end well.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/11/2013, 10:29 AM
Season 4 was the best.

ouwasp
12/11/2013, 08:39 PM
well...daughter more or less dragooned me into watching the next episode...just saw Tuco get rough with Jesse...hope that miscreant gets what's comin'...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/12/2013, 12:44 AM
Tuco deserves whatever might be coming...not that there's anything coming.

Jacie
12/12/2013, 07:06 AM
well...daughter more or less dragooned me into watching the next episode...just saw Tuco get rough with Jesse...hope that miscreant gets what's comin'...

You lucky dog, the next episode, Walt does the coolest thing (up to that point) in the series.

The other cool thing is, because you are just now seeing (and discussing) the series, me & Rush get to discuss it again!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/12/2013, 09:38 AM
Season 4 was the best.

Just finished season 4 last night..and I concur.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/12/2013, 09:39 AM
All I know is I can't imagine watching this thing while it was in broadcast and having to wait weeks and months in between...

rock on sooner
12/31/2013, 11:25 AM
Don't know if anyone knew but AMC ran Breaking Bad marathon the
past few days. I watched most of the episodes. I hadn't watched it
at all, for some reason, but got hooked by the third espisode of Season
1. I stayed up late, drove my wife crazy. Absolutely one of the best
tv dramas ever! Some of the scenes were funny, many shocking...
didn't like the train robbery final scene...scenes between Hank and Walt,
after Hank caught on, were riveting!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/31/2013, 12:19 PM
DVRd the last few episodes from last night..The Netflix episodes end with Hank on the pooper..

Holy crap does this thing start spiraling out of control quickly.

colleyvillesooner
1/3/2014, 04:28 PM
Took me a few episodes.. By the end of season 1, I was hooked.

This

yankee
1/6/2014, 12:29 PM
Watched the entire season 5 part 2 on my DVR yesterday. Literally the minute I got home from church until about 9 o'clock, I sat on my butt riveted to the TV. As you can imagine after hours of watching this show, my nerves were completely shot. I think I got about 4 hours of sleep last night because my mind was racing haha.

I also belatedly got on the BB train, in about November sometime. Took me until about the end of season 1 to become hooked. By the end of season 2, I was completely addicted.

The best TV show I have ever watched, by far. The last several episodes of 5 part 2, are just incredible. Actually the whole damn season is. I somehow managed to avoid ever knowing what happened at the end of the show despite being late, so I won't ruin it for anyone else still watching. But I thought it was the perfect ending to the show.

I could literally go on and on about this show, the different characters and episodes and moments. Honestly doubting whether I can get back into the walking dead after this one.

SouthFortySooner
1/6/2014, 01:11 PM
You only have to ask yourself how these writers managed to make MILLIONS of Americans root for a Meth Cook to realize the excellence. Watch it! You'll only think you can rest!

stoops the eternal pimp
1/6/2014, 03:39 PM
Finished it new years day watching the entire 2nd half of season 5 in one sitting..

Holy smokes..