PDA

View Full Version : OSU Cheer Squad Member Will Be Disciplined After Bedlam Gaffe

Judge Smails
12/9/2013, 09:35 PM
Jarid Atkinson had his Mike Tomlin moment Saturday.

Atkinson, a member of the Oklahoma State cheer squad, wasn't enjoying a Super Bowl win, but rather was caught on tape extending a foot onto the playing field at Boone Pickens Stadium, as Oklahoma's Eric Striker ran by celebrating his game-ending touchdown in a 33-24 Bedlam win.

The act has become a hot topic on social media, where comments and video of Atkinson extending his left foot have gone viral.

It was reminiscent of Tomlin, the Pittsburgh Steelers head coach, who stepped onto the field and impeded a Baltimore Ravens kickoff returner, except Atkinson's move came when the play — and the game — was over.

Atkinson told OSU deputy athletic director Dave Martin that he wasn't actually trying to trip Striker, but that he was instead playfully sticking his foot out in a mocking manner. And he didn't make contract with Striker, who ran past the cheerleader untouched in the back of the end zone.

Still, Martin said Atkinson will be disciplined and added that the moment should be considered a learning experience going forward.

In response to a request from the Big 12 Conference, Martin issued this statement:

“In response to the inquiry concerning the violation of conference rule 12-3-1, the Oklahoma State University athletics department does not condone, physical or verbally abusive acts toward anyone working, attending or competing in our athletic events. I have personally met with all the members of the OSU spirit team and verbalized our expectations for their representation of our department. I have met individually with the male student involved with the incident and he is extremely apologetic for his involvement. And he understands there will be consequences for his poor judgment and actions. At this time, I feel confident the situation has been thoroughly investigated and that consequences for the involved person are warranted and will be administered.”

SoonerDomiNation
12/9/2013, 09:39 PM
Ahhhhhh poppycock....all they will do is make him wriite I will not try and trip anyone 100 times on the blackboard.

8timechamps
12/9/2013, 09:42 PM
I actually believe the kid, I don't think he was really trying to trip Striker. He was trying to be "funny". Sadly, everything is on video these days. 15 years ago, this wouldn't be a story.

Soonerus
12/9/2013, 09:49 PM
Leave the kid alone...

ouduckhunter
12/9/2013, 09:50 PM
His punishment is to spray tan a nekked coach Gundy before each game next season.

Judge Smails
12/9/2013, 09:56 PM
Thanks. Now I have that image stuck in my head....

His punishment is to spray tan a nekked coach Gundy before each game next season.

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 10:02 PM
Leave the kid alone...

I kinda agree, But what if he HAD of accidentally really tripped Striker and caused an Injury that kept him out of the Bowl Game?
We would all want him strung up from the Goal posts !

Judge Smails
12/9/2013, 10:06 PM
I say we make him suit up and use him as a blocker in the Alabama game.

NorthernIowaSooner
12/9/2013, 10:07 PM
Ahhhhhh poppycock....all they will do is make him wriite I will not try and trip anyone 100 times on the blackboard.

It's optimistic to think students in Stillwater can count to 100

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 10:08 PM
It's optimistic to think students in Stillwater can count to 100

Or are able to write.

Soonerus
12/9/2013, 10:15 PM
No harm, no foul at what must have been the height of frustration for any OSU fan...

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/9/2013, 10:17 PM
I guarantee that if it had been an OSU player and an OU cheerleader, the Pokies would NEVER shut up about it. Ever.

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 10:21 PM
No harm, no foul at what must have been the height of frustration for any OSU fan...

Like I said I kinda agree, except for the Potential Harm. He needs to reseal what he did was wrong even if he was "Playing"

Soonerus
12/9/2013, 10:34 PM
I guarantee that if it had been an OSU player and an OU cheerleader, the Pokies would NEVER shut up about it. Ever.

Good point...

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 10:37 PM
Good point...

I think he should be suspended for at least the 1st 1/4 of Next weeks game .

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/9/2013, 10:47 PM
Nah, you had it right the first time Vet. Take away his sheep. Hit him where it hurts most.

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 10:48 PM
Nah, you had it right the first time Vet. Take away his sheep. Hit him where it hurts most.

You Mean shut down his Sex Life?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/9/2013, 10:51 PM
He's an Aggie, what else could I mean?

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 10:54 PM
LMFAO

picasso
12/9/2013, 11:00 PM

So, let us take the high road.

Eielson
12/9/2013, 11:12 PM
His actions, jokingly or not, drew a lot of negative attention to the program. OSU has to discipline in some way. I doubt it will be harsh. If they kicked him off the cheerleading team it would probably make his life better anyway.

Having said that, it would have been kind of hilarious for everybody except us had Striker fallen.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/9/2013, 11:18 PM
So, let us take the high road.

I know, I know. I agree. But decades of taking the high road get so tiresome sometimes where Pokes are concerned.

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 11:19 PM
I know, I know. I agree. But decades of taking the high road get so tiresome sometimes where Pokes are concerned.

Naw Lets just rag on him THEN move on LOL

Snrinhouston
12/9/2013, 11:46 PM
Stupid, impetuous move by a young adult (maybe 23 at most)...one that I can't say I wouldn't have made in my youth. There probably should be some punishment, but commensurate to the act. Luckily nobody was hurt.

Soonerus
12/9/2013, 11:50 PM
Stupid, impetuous move by a young adult (maybe 23 at most)...one that I can't say I wouldn't have made in my youth. There probably should be some punishment, but commensurate to the act. Luckily nobody was hurt.

dumbest thing I have heard in a while..

olevetonahill
12/10/2013, 12:00 AM

Consider the source bro, Does he not remind you of LAS? plus a few others that have come an gone over the years?

Soonerus
12/10/2013, 12:02 AM
Consider the source bro, Does he not remind you of LAS? plus a few others that have come an gone over the years?

true....

Wishboned
12/10/2013, 12:05 AM
It's almost punishment enough that he cheers for OSU.

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2013, 12:43 AM

True, but so what? This was nothing and getting reprimanded is the appropriate level of response. Tempest in a teapot.

Piware
12/10/2013, 02:25 AM
Call me harsh but if Nancy Twinkle Toes wants to get involved in the action on the field he should (a) put down him pom poms (b) ditch his dance threads and go one on one with either Striker or Clapper for 30 straight minutes. He can ask Chelf what it feels like the next morning in preparation for his football debut in pads.

This is the same person that by multiple accounts spit on Jalen Saunders after his kick return touchdown. They are and have always been, nothing but trash!

olevetonahill
12/10/2013, 03:04 AM
Call me harsh but if Nancy Twinkle Toes wants to get involved in the action on the field he should (a) put down him pom poms (b) ditch his dance threads and go one on one with either Striker or Clapper for 30 straight minutes. He can ask Chelf what it feels like the next morning in preparation for his football debut in pads.

This is the same person that by multiple accounts spit on Jalen Saunders after his kick return touchdown. They are and have always been, nothing but trash!

I Kinda Like yer thinkin.

stoopified
12/10/2013, 07:09 AM
I call BULLSH!T! It looks to bea very clear effort to trip Striker,in much the same way the osu player meant to hit Striker 4 yards into the endzone,after he had scored and time had expired. The hit was the definition of unecessary roughness.The player should be suspended for the Puke bowl game. The hit was strictly made out of anger and frustration over yet another loss to OU.

fadada1
12/10/2013, 08:00 AM
Wish I could take credit for this:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/594/s3jo.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/gis3joj)

5noubus
12/10/2013, 09:03 AM
If an Ou player tried to trip a osu cheerleader think of the craziness !

If he would have succeeded and striker got up and punched him out therefore missing a bowl game ( which is way more probable then getting hurt from it )
How mad would sooner nation be?

But none of those things happened.
He needs to get in some kind of trouble so he doesn't try to be funny again- but kicked off losing a scholarship ? Nope

OKLAGMCRUISER
12/10/2013, 09:14 AM
For punishment: Jarid VS. Stryker in the Oklahoma drill.

Soonerjeepman
12/10/2013, 09:16 AM
yes and no...I don't believe him....BUT it should be let go..he got his punishment.

jkjsooner
12/10/2013, 09:27 AM
I actually believe the kid, I don't think he was really trying to trip Striker. He was trying to be "funny". Sadly, everything is on video these days. 15 years ago, this wouldn't be a story.

I do too but he still needs to be disciplined. He's not there to be a comedian. His needs to learn his place before being allowed back on the field. Since I don't believe it was a real attempt to trip I think the punishment should be less severe than it otherwise would be but he has to learn that he's representing his school.

I'll add that when I was in college at OU I didn't always behave in the most mature manner - yelling obscenities on an occasion or two - but I wasn't a representative of the university nor was I given the access that a cheerleader is given.

Of course this pales in comparison to the A&M guy back in the '80s who should have been charged with a felony after brandishing his sword in a threatening manner against the SMU cheerleader.

badger
12/10/2013, 09:31 AM
Of course this pales in comparison to the A&M guy back in the '80s who should have been charged with a felony after brandishing his sword in a threatening manner against the SMU cheerleader.

That story was twisted around so many times till ESPN finally 30 for 30'd the SMU football team's paying and showed the clip. Aggies were trying to say that SMU cheerleaders were dancing on war memorial graves while worshiping Satan and the Corps was the great defender of the children the SMU cheerleaders were trying to bully while chanting about Communism... or something.

I hope that Poke fans remember sh!t like this when they try to say that we're the classless toothless Gooners and they are the pristine angels of righteousness. Aggie and Aggy are a lot alike in that regard

sooneron
12/10/2013, 09:33 AM
Wish I could take credit for this:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/594/s3jo.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/gis3joj)

I'm guessing this is another angle (which I have not seen before) - doesn't really look like playfully joking to me. He's leaning a bit too much for it to be a "heh heh, what if I tripped him" joking moment.

ouwasp
12/10/2013, 09:40 AM
Naw Lets just rag on him THEN move on LOL

This. Can you imagine the outrage if the cheerleader were white? There would be all sorts of racial things thrown about. That would grow tiresome very quickly.

But as it is, the reg season is over. There's nothing much of substance to dwell on. So we have extra time to poke fun at the pokes...

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/10/2013, 09:55 AM
yes and no...I don't believe him....BUT it should be let go..he got his punishment.

What was his punishment? I haven't heard.

birddog
12/10/2013, 10:05 AM
They didn't say specifically, only that he had. And why did I think it was a white guy with a mullet automatically? Geez my mind can't even form a decent male cheerleader stereotype anymore.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/10/2013, 10:09 AM
They can say anything they want. That doesn't mean he actually got any punishment. When specifics are announced, I'll believe it. Until then, meh, Aggies. Enough said.

badger
12/10/2013, 10:13 AM
They can say anything they want. That doesn't mean he actually got any punishment. When specifics are announced, I'll believe it. Until then, meh, Aggies. Enough said.

He'll probably be barred from the bowl game, or have to sit out the next few basketball games or something. Really, it's not scholarship-revoking material, nor is it kick-him-out-of-school worthy.

We won, they lost, time to move on

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2013, 11:04 AM
Can't believe what a bunch of weenies we are about a guy that sticks his foot out. The worst thing that could have happened was if he really tripped Striker who would have probably jumped up an cleaned his clock. Then Striker *would* have gotten punished for real.

Boomer.....
12/10/2013, 11:15 AM
Can't believe what a bunch of weenies we are about a guy that sticks his foot out. The worst thing that could have happened was if he really tripped Striker who would have probably jumped up an cleaned his clock. Then Striker *would* have gotten punished for real.

That's why it is a big deal to interfere with the players. Same goes with the fans. There were many things besides snow balls being thrown at the players and coaches. If someone got injured and they wanted to retaliate, it wouldn't take much to jump over the wall.

badger
12/10/2013, 11:19 AM
NewsOK had a fun video of the postgame activities here. It also shows a clear shot of the turkey leg flying from the stands down to the field toward our players :D

Link (http://newsok.com/osu-football-cheer-squad-member-will-be-disciplined-after-bedlam-gaffe/article/3912902)

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2013, 11:32 AM
That's why it is a big deal to interfere with the players. Same goes with the fans. There were many things besides snow balls being thrown at the players and coaches. If someone got injured and they wanted to retaliate, it wouldn't take much to jump over the wall.

Yes, but he didn't touch a player and it wasn't even close. To read these threads, I'd think the guy swung a bat at a player or something. He made a fool of himself in front of a national audience and OUr guys didn't even know he existed. End of story. Now throwing crap from the stands is a different story, but that's not what this thread has been about. And what can you do about that? Use video to nab a flagrant perp if possible, but the mob in general has the upper hand.

OKLAGMCRUISER
12/10/2013, 11:42 AM
OSU's replacement for Jarid...

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww192/oklagmcruiser2/pistolpete.jpg (http://s719.photobucket.com/user/oklagmcruiser2/media/pistolpete.jpg.html)

ouduckhunter
12/10/2013, 11:55 AM
There are penalties when coaches, and players come onto the field during a play, and when they get into that sideline zone and impede refs, etc. If this had happened earlier during the game, rather than the last play, we would be hearing more about it, and refs might have thrown a flag. These cheerleaders, spirit yahoos, band, tv, and radio people know not to pull crappy poor sportsman stunts like that, and surely they know that somebody could get seriously injured.

ITA that we should take the high road although I know if an OU player did this to them, OSU would be calling for an NCAA investigation. OSU admin needs to do the right thing, and set this dude straight by keeping him home from their bowl game, and not letting him in the stadium their first 2-3 home games next year. It is kind of funny to watch the video, but if he has done similar things in the past, the admin needs to take a good long look at his future on the squad. I would think their are some liability issues for the school too if they keep this kind of idiot near the field. Don't jerk his scholy, but give him a punishment that he remembers!! Maybe send him to a few sensitivity training courses too!

Poor dumb, ole pokes! It will take years to live this epic fail of a stunt down!

Salt City Sooner
12/10/2013, 12:02 PM
For punishment: Jarid VS. Keith Ford in the Oklahoma drill.
fify

sooneron
12/10/2013, 12:10 PM
He'll be punished, they'll give him a degree.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/10/2013, 12:15 PM
Yes, but he didn't touch a player and it wasn't even close. To read these threads, I'd think the guy swung a bat at a player or something. He made a fool of himself in front of a national audience and OUr guys didn't even know he existed. End of story. Now throwing crap from the stands is a different story, but that's not what this thread has been about. And what can you do about that? Use video to nab a flagrant perp if possible, but the mob in general has the upper hand.

Neither did Tomlin, yet they nailed him for $100G. Football organizers do not look kindly to anyone off the field attempting to interfere with those on the field. At least he didn't get rugby tackled by a security guard like he was a streaker.

badger
12/10/2013, 12:18 PM
If the double-fisted bird flipper for Ohio State didn't get anything beyond what he already received (getting kicked out of the Big House game), what are the odds that a cheerleader that didn't even touch our player gets severe discipline.

Not that I think it warrants it, and Oklahoma State isn't going to do anything public knowledge. Hell, aren't they the ones that play "Shut up, shut up" over their PA whenever our band plays "Boomer Sooner," and weren't their fans the ones throwing snowballs and a ****ing turkey leg at our players during postgame celebration?

okie52
12/10/2013, 12:25 PM
NewsOK had a fun video of the postgame activities here. It also shows a clear shot of the turkey leg flying from the stands down to the field toward our players :D

Link (http://newsok.com/osu-football-cheer-squad-member-will-be-disciplined-after-bedlam-gaffe/article/3912902)

Very funny. Colvin just standing there dodging snowballs/ice chunks....he might have been doing a little taunting too....

Gundy was doing a pretty good job rounding up his players.

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2013, 12:38 PM
Neither did Tomlin, yet they nailed him for $100G. Football organizers do not look kindly to anyone off the field attempting to interfere with those on the field. At least he didn't get rugby tackled by a security guard like he was a streaker.

Comparing this to Tomlin? Get serious. Our game was officially over and there was zero danger other than a bunch of fan boarders getting their collective panties in a bundle. Any real danger from fans (or non-participants) comes when the "friendly" fans rush the field and surround players and coaches with a mob.

Snrinhouston
12/10/2013, 01:05 PM

Of course you and your brethren think it's dumb. I would only need to rethink my post if y'all thought it was smart and sensible..

lexsooner
12/10/2013, 01:29 PM
He'll be punished, they'll give him a degree.

This is so true. Look at their legend, "Cowboy" Rick Antle, All-American DE from 1981: http://orangeconnection.org/s/860/index-blue-social.aspx?sid=860&gid=1&pgid=252&cid=9534&ecid=9534&crid=0&calpgid=4372&calcid=9518 That OSU degree apparently has not helped him with sentence structure.

limey_sooner
12/10/2013, 01:36 PM
Punishment should be very severe. I suggest making him remain on the Poke cheer squad.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/10/2013, 01:38 PM

Heh. Awesome video. I think that was a cup that they showed clearly coming out of the stands. It looks like Colvin got the double bird salute from one of their ewes.

8timechamps
12/10/2013, 02:25 PM
I do too but he still needs to be disciplined. He's not there to be a comedian. His needs to learn his place before being allowed back on the field. Since I don't believe it was a real attempt to trip I think the punishment should be less severe than it otherwise would be but he has to learn that he's representing his school.

I'll add that when I was in college at OU I didn't always behave in the most mature manner - yelling obscenities on an occasion or two - but I wasn't a representative of the university nor was I given the access that a cheerleader is given.

Agreed. Even if there is no teeth to the punishment, OSU needs to appear to be disciplining the young man.

I don't know the kid, but unless is really off mentally, I really don't believe he was actually trying to trip Striker.

8timechamps
12/10/2013, 02:26 PM

That's exactly why I don't believe he was really making an attempt. Striker is one of the last guys you probably want to **** off, and I'm sure the Poke cheerleader knew that.

OKLAGMCRUISER
12/10/2013, 02:57 PM
fify

lol...was actually going to go there, but thought since it was Stryker that was about to get tripped, he should get Jarid first.

freshchris05
12/10/2013, 03:04 PM
This. Can you imagine the outrage if the cheerleader were white? There would be all sorts of racial things thrown about. That would grow tiresome very quickly.

But as it is, the reg season is over. There's nothing much of substance to dwell on. So we have extra time to poke fun at the pokes...

lol Oh yeah? Paranoid much?

Helter Skelter

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2013, 03:09 PM
Punishment should be very severe. I suggest making him remain on the Poke cheer squad.

Pretty sure that violates the Geneva convention.

soonergirlNeugene
12/10/2013, 03:38 PM
The most amusing part about this particular story is that there isn't a single thread about it over on the OP boards

Judge Smails
12/10/2013, 04:37 PM
They could dress him up in a sheep costume and make him crawl across campus on a Saturday night.

FaninAma
12/10/2013, 04:41 PM
I would say no harm no foul but if you look at Saunders' TD punt renturn the same guy takes a couple of steps toward him and yells at him as Jalen passes by the pokies' Spirit squad. The guy doesn't belong close to the field.

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2013, 05:25 PM
I would say no harm no foul but if you look at Saunders' TD punt renturn the same guy takes a couple of steps toward him and yells at him as Jalen passes by the pokies' Spirit squad. The guy doesn't belong close to the field.

Agreed. Interfering with a live play, even the hint of it, is a whole different story than that endzone non-sense.

Brooklyn
12/10/2013, 06:59 PM
The same cheerleader spit on Saunders on the punt return td - watch the replay

olevetonahill
12/10/2013, 07:20 PM
The same cheerleader spit on Saunders on the punt return td - watch the replay

That would have earned the boy a free trip to the Hospital

Turd_Ferguson
12/10/2013, 07:23 PM
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1479441_700212089988956_787208303_n.jpg

Skysooner
12/10/2013, 07:31 PM

This guy. I had never watched the actual video before. He got roughed up a bit as he should have been.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/BarkingCarnival/Barking%20Carnival%20III/79a0aa8b.gif

Piware
12/10/2013, 07:44 PM
He put his left foot in, he put his left foot out. He is a hokey pokey of that there is no doubt.....

olevetonahill
12/10/2013, 07:56 PM
This guy. I had never watched the actual video before. He got roughed up a bit as he should have been.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/BarkingCarnival/Barking%20Carnival%20III/79a0aa8b.gif

Did that Punk get charged with Assault with a deadly weapon?

mainline13
12/10/2013, 08:45 PM
Of course you and your brethren think it's dumb. I would only need to rethink my post if y'all thought it was smart and sensible..

I might have used "ilk" instead of "brethren," but that's just me.

Skysooner
12/10/2013, 10:55 PM

Isn't graduating from A&M punishment enough?

Judge Smails
12/10/2013, 11:11 PM
Found this:

On a Halloween afternoon in 1981, at Texas A&M’s Kyle Field, a goofball masquerading as a soldier provided us with an iconic image of Aggie sportsmanship and hospitality. The (5 – 2) Aggies were hosting the (6 – 1) SMU Mustangs, and faring poorly (the Ags would lose 7 – 27). The male Mustang cheerleaders had a practice of throwing their bodies onto the ground after a score, spelling out in sequence S – M – U. This was not a new practice, nor a rare one (UT male cheerleaders did the same, except, obviously, spelling U – T). The point of doing this on the field (typically, 5 yards in from a sideline) was to be visible to fans.

An Aggie Cadet was Officer of the Day for TAMU, which he interpreted as being the sheriff of Kyle Field. This would-be oficer took umbrage at the SMU cheerleaders’ actions, believing they were breaking a rule by walking onto the field of play. Now, this is where Aggie tradition collides with actual regulations and leaks over into myth. There was no formal rule prohibiting cheerleaders from the field. There were rules limiting field access only to those associated with the game – players, referees, trainers and the like. Now, obviously this rule was not strictly enforced by Texas A&M or by anybody else that has a similar rule. Think of the guy in the red shirt whose presence on the field signals a TV broadcast commercial break. Think of those honored with presentations during breaks. Think of the grounds crew picking debris up. The rule is there in order to give the local security personnel the authority to keep things in hand.

The cadet believed (or so he stated afterwards) that Kyle Field was a memorial to Aggie war dead, and so required special protection. This claim is unsupported by facts (there was never a memorial ceremony) and tradition (Aggie students and alums run all over the field after games, with no pause required to recognize the sanctity of the place). One suspects that the Aggie was really upset over the fact that SMU was crushing the Ags, and their fans were openly enjoying it. He was Officer of the Day, and felt he had to take action.

What action would be appropriate? Should he lodge a complaint after the game, to keep it from happening again? Should he ask for the cheerleaders’ sponsor, to request they stay on the sidelines? Should he approach the cheerleaders himself? Should he ask official stadium security personnel to order the cheerleaders to cease?

No, he decided to put an end to it himself, as a swashbuckling man of action. The next SMU score led to the cheerleaders spelling SMU again. On the "S" formation, the cadet ran onto the field (this could be considered a violation of the sanctity of the field in itself, but evidently the cadet quickly balanced posse comitatus vs. natural law vs. citizen’s arrest precedent and waded in) and kicked at a cheerleader. He then drew his ceremonial sword and brandished it. Unfortunately, this man of action was no match for the quick thinking cheerleaders, who quickly formed the "Three Stooges" formation where one kneels on his fours behind the target, and another pushes him. Luckily, nobody was cut. It fell to a policeman and Aggie defensive back to restore order by removing the cadet from the field.

This isn’t precisely an example of Aggie fan violence, but it illustrative of the Aggie mindset towards rival behavior that …just…can’t…be…tolerated. Also, as we’ll see later, this is not the only example of Aggie game spirit personnel acting out, with no counter-examples from other schools.

The Aggie cadet in question was disciplined, and the rules changed (at the time; I don’t know if they are still this way) disallowing swords on the sidelines. This was during a time when the Texas A&M administration was sane.

Judge Smails
12/10/2013, 11:47 PM
Just for the record, here is the "trip" from a different angle:

http://www.orangepower.com/attachments/osu-trip-still-closeup-jpg.25161/

soonergirlNeugene
12/11/2013, 12:03 AM
That came awfully close for it to have been purely pretense. But really, I don't think this should be as big of a deal as it's been made into.

redkid
12/11/2013, 12:25 AM
OSU has knowingly welcomed thugs and molesters into their fold, why is this act surprising to anyone?

birddog
12/11/2013, 08:29 AM
That came awfully close for it to have been purely pretense. But really, I don't think this should be as big of a deal as it's been made into.

A·Friggin·Men. It's really comical what he did, not noose·worthy.

stoopified
12/11/2013, 08:57 AM
What was his punishment? I haven't heard. He is banned from relations with his pet sheep for a week,in sddition he is confined to Stoolwater for a year.

Soonerjeepman
12/11/2013, 09:32 AM
I do have to give the male cheerleader some @alls....for a cheerleader to take on a college LBer..THAT takes @alls...

SoonerInFortSmith
12/11/2013, 09:59 AM
I do have to give the male cheerleader some @alls....for a cheerleader to take on a college LBer..THAT takes @alls...

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity.

Soonerjeepman
12/11/2013, 10:05 AM
There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity.

lol. no doubt...but having @alls sometimes isn't brave...guess it didn't come out that way~

ouduckhunter
12/11/2013, 10:42 AM

And what's up with the Ag in the yellow raincoat running in to hold the SMU cheerleader down so that the guy with the saber can have another go at him. The fans got their money's worth that day.

SoCalBigRed
12/11/2013, 03:58 PM
Punishment fit the crime.

Let it go. No blood, no foul.

Jacie
12/11/2013, 04:06 PM

I had heard about this one, used to work with a gal who graduated from SMU and she'd told me about how the crazy aggies had this thing about only the players were allowed on the field.

That fella could have hurt somebody waving that saber around like he did.

swardboy
12/11/2013, 11:10 PM
https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q71/s720x720/1488104_10152064341596351_658940628_n.jpg