PDA

View Full Version : Which bowl game (not named Sugar) are you excited to watch?

8timechamps
12/9/2013, 09:02 PM
Of course the National Title game should be good, but there are some good match-ups this year.

I actually think the Big XII has the best slate of bowl match-ups this year:

Oregon/Texas - If the horns show up, this could be a good game.

KSU/Michigan - I like the Cats in this one.

OSU/Mizzou - I'm not convinced this Mizzou team is any different than the old Big XII good Mizzou teams, so this should be a good game.

Baylor/UCF - I actually think this could be a good game. UCF, like South Florida a few years ago, is loaded with Florida kids that feel 'slighted' because the big schools didn't offer. Could be a good game, especially if Baylor isn't 100% healthy.

ASU/Texas Tech - The final score could be 90-89.

SoonerForLife92
12/9/2013, 09:13 PM
I just want the big 12 to win all its games so the media dickweeds quit talking about how much "weaker" our conference is than pac12 or sec. I dont even want to see good close games, seen plenty of that already this year with our team, i want blow outs. Not like i care what they think, but i do care when it comes to their perspective affecting the national perspective thus influencing pollsters and recruits.

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 09:21 PM
Of course the National Title game should be good, but there are some good match-ups this year.

OSU/Mizzou - I'm not convinced this Mizzou team is any different than the old Big XII good Mizzou teams, so this should be a good game.

Baylor/UCF - I actually think this could be a good game. UCF, like South Florida a few years ago, is loaded with Florida kids that feel 'slighted' because the big schools didn't offer. Could be a good game, especially if Baylor isn't 100% healthy.

Ima Root fer All the B12 teams cept I have so much Apathy towards Saxet Its hard to root fer em. But I absolutely Loathe the Ducks so I guess Ill half assed root fer the whorns

rock on sooner
12/9/2013, 09:28 PM
Ima Root fer All the B12 teams cept I have so much Apathy towards Saxet Its hard to root fer em. But I absolutely Loathe the Ducks so I guess Ill half assed root fer the whorns

I'll pull for all things Big XII, including the whorns. But, of all the bowls, I
think the Ducks will do the whorns worse than Baylor did. And, the Sooners,
well, Bama should make sure their jocks are tight and in place....'cause Stoops
and the Sooners are comin' with hell a half step behind...ROCK ON SOONER(S)!

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2013, 09:29 PM
I'm pretty excited to watch the Fiesta Bowl despite playing Disney's intramural flag football team.

soonergirlNeugene
12/9/2013, 10:38 PM
Mizzou/OSEwe

FirstandGoal
12/9/2013, 10:42 PM
I have a friend who is a whorn (yeah, I know...) and a couple of months ago he was mouthing about how much he loooooves the ducks and how he thinks its friggin' hilarious that OU fans hate them so much because of their "supposed" cheating incident.

Heh, I'm hoping like hell the whorns get "ducked" somehow in this bowl game.

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 10:52 PM
I have a friend who is a whorn (yeah, I know...) and a couple of months ago he was mouthing about how much he loooooves the ducks and how he thinks its friggin' hilarious that OU fans hate them so much because of their "supposed" cheating incident.

Heh, I'm hoping like hell the whorns get "ducked" somehow in this bowl game.

I Have NO friends That are whorns Or aggies , My Neighbor is from Idaho a few months ago he came up to Drank Beer with me wearin a BSU shirt I looked at him said No ****in way Jose! Take that off and throw it in the burn barrel He did I gave him an OU shirt to wear we Got Durnker than hell then LOL

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2013, 12:36 AM
The title game with a team that appears to be solid everywhere against an SEC team. Wish that whole Winston/drunk chick thing had never happened, I'll still pull for FSU. Won't cry if Auburn wins though.

I think the Rose Bowl scored big with Stanford/MSU. Old fashion football with an emphasis on defense. Being a Stanford alum and a tendency to like red and white, you can guess who I'd like to see win.

Cotton bowl. Hope our aggie friends break the SEC curse even if it is Mizzou (and even if it is the pokes :))

Salt City Sooner
12/10/2013, 04:12 AM
That KSU/Michigan matchup intrigues the heck out of me. I didn't realize it until they brought it up on the local news, but KSU has lost 5 straight bowl games (although, to be fair, they got royally jacked in that Pinstripe Bowl a couple of years ago) & hasn't won one since 2002.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/10/2013, 07:00 AM
All things B12!

cvsooner
12/10/2013, 12:27 PM
I'm pretty excited to watch the Fiesta Bowl despite playing Disney's intramural flag football team. And their defense will give you guys fits. QB isn't too shabby neither. You finally made it to a BCS game: don't blow it with that attitude. Hopefully your team's players take it with a lot more seriousness.

Oh, and you're welcome, dude. Otherwise you wouldn't even BE THERE.

Sooners78
12/10/2013, 12:34 PM
I'll pull for all things Big XII, including the whorns. But, of all the bowls, I
think the Ducks will do the whorns worse than Baylor did. And, the Sooners,
well, Bama should make sure their jocks are tight and in place....'cause Stoops
and the Sooners are comin' with hell a half step behind...ROCK ON SOONER(S)!

Would love to see someone do a photoshop of that.

EatLeadCommie
12/10/2013, 02:17 PM
There is a pretty fair chance that the BXII loses all its bowl games. Not good.

I do think BU will handle UCF, but that's it. OSU/Mizzou is an interesting matchup. But potentially, the BXII loses them all and a lot of them badly.

8timechamps
12/10/2013, 02:42 PM
The title game with a team that appears to be solid everywhere against an SEC team. Wish that whole Winston/drunk chick thing had never happened, I'll still pull for FSU. Won't cry if Auburn wins though.

I think the Rose Bowl scored big with Stanford/MSU. Old fashion football with an emphasis on defense. Being a Stanford alum and a tendency to like red and white, you can guess who I'd like to see win.

Cotton bowl. Hope our aggie friends break the SEC curse even if it is Mizzou (and even if it is the pokes :))

Yeah, I'm afraid the whole Winston thing will put a negative spin on the game (to some). I'm still excited to watch, and want FSU to win.

I also love the Rose Bowl match-up. Should be a really good game. I have a friend that is an MSU alum (his dad was an assistant football coach for a long time), and he bleeds green. So, I'm pulling for Stanford, just so I can rib him about it, otherwise, I'm just interested in a good game.

I really think the Pokes will handle Mizzou.

SoonerForLife92
12/12/2013, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I'm afraid the whole Winston thing will put a negative spin on the game (to some). I'm still excited to watch, and want FSU to win.

I also love the Rose Bowl match-up. Should be a really good game. I have a friend that is an MSU alum (his dad was an assistant football coach for a long time), and he bleeds green. So, I'm pulling for Stanford, just so I can rib him about it, otherwise, I'm just interested in a good game.

I really think the Pokes will handle Mizzou.

I hope no one talks about that case in the NC. I think Jameis is a complete idiot judging from the way he speaks, however he is innocent. I hope FSU smashes Auburn.

badger
12/12/2013, 02:02 PM
The first one that Mike Leach's Wazzu is in. I'm happy for him and his success up there, as well as eager to see how he destroys the Pac 12's defenses through his quirky offensive schemes :D

Eielson
12/12/2013, 02:05 PM

Those are the two for me. The Texas game is the big one for me, because if Mack is still the coach, I think it saves his job for at least another year. If Texas is smart, they'll get rid of him within the next couple days, but it will certainly look weird getting rid of your coach right before a semi-significant bowl game.

I think OSU takes down Mizzou. I'd really like to think it's the same Mizzou we've seen for the last decade.

dennis580
12/12/2013, 02:09 PM
Michigan St-Stanford. This is probably the most even battle of all the bowls, and will probably be the lowest scoring game of all the bowls. Will probably be a epic hardnose defensive struggle.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/12/2013, 05:10 PM
I always dig the Capital One matchup..Wisconsin vs South Carolina I think is another great game in the making.

SicEmBaylor
12/12/2013, 06:21 PM
And their defense will give you guys fits. QB isn't too shabby neither. You finally made it to a BCS game: don't blow it with that attitude. Hopefully your team's players take it with a lot more seriousness.

Oh, and you're welcome, dude. Otherwise you wouldn't even BE THERE.
Yeah, I think they need to be more concerned with our defense.

And, I would really really really really really hope that any actual football team approaches an upcoming game with more seriousness than their fans and students. What an asinine thing to say.

BTW, Tevin Reese has been cleared. :happy dance:

Breadburner
12/12/2013, 06:52 PM
I hope Misery....Texass.....and Gaylor get peter slapped...........!!!

BoulderSooner79
12/12/2013, 08:33 PM

And, I would really really really really really hope that any actual football team approaches an upcoming game with more seriousness than their fans and students. What an asinine thing to say.

Glad to see Reese is back - was bummed key players got hurt when our teams tangled.

SicEmBaylor
12/12/2013, 08:54 PM
Glad to see Reese is back - was bummed key players got hurt when our teams tangled.

That game was flatout brutal on both sides. One of the most physical games I've seen in a long time, and absolutely the most physical game I've ever seen Baylor play.

8timechamps
12/12/2013, 09:44 PM
That game was flatout brutal on both sides. One of the most physical games I've seen in a long time, and absolutely the most physical game I've ever seen Baylor play.

Baylor beat OU, but lost an undefeated season in the process. That was a very physical game.

cvsooner
12/13/2013, 02:15 PM

See: 2008 Fiesta Bowl, OU and WVU, if you want to see fans take the game with way more seriousness than the players do. Also, 1978 Orange Bowl.

As for asinine comments, I'm not done, no doubt.

Ton Loc
12/13/2013, 02:48 PM
I'm going to the Cotton Bowl (Free tickets, pregame, drinks, food) - So I guess I'm excited about that one. Actually looking forward to the NAt'l title game this year.

Statalyzer
12/14/2013, 10:57 AM

Big 12 got the shaft with OU, Texas, and Tech all facing opponents who are a lot better on paper, and Baylor being stuffed into a corner to make sure they can't earn any respect no matter how well they do. Meanwhile the SEC and PAC-12 are almost all facing lower ranked opponents.

Peeb
12/14/2013, 11:33 AM
I'm rooting for the B12 and against the SEC at every opportunity, which works out well for the local teams.

Why? Because ... SEC. :D

picasso
12/14/2013, 11:58 AM
I'm rooting for the B12 and against the SEC at every opportunity, which works out well for the local teams.

Why? Because ... SEC. :D
Absolutely!

BoulderSooner79
12/14/2013, 11:59 AM
Big 12 got the shaft with OU, Texas, and Tech all facing opponents who are a lot better on paper, and Baylor being stuffed into a corner to make sure they can't earn any respect no matter how well they do. Meanwhile the SEC and PAC-12 are almost all facing lower ranked opponents.

It's all personal perspective, I guess. Many folks here are thrilled to draw Bama in a BCS bowl. But what if (and I know this is a *slim* chance) the experts and talking heads are right and Bama controls the game in route to a 2+ TD victory? Will the same folks post that at least we got a shot and we fought the good fight? Or will the boo birds come out of the woodwork and say that Bob has lost his fire and should consider stepping down?

nanimonai
12/16/2013, 12:11 AM
It's all personal perspective, I guess. Many folks here are thrilled to draw Bama in a BCS bowl. But what if (and I know this is a *slim* chance) the experts and talking heads are right and Bama controls the game in route to a 2+ TD victory? Will the same folks post that at least we got a shot and we fought the good fight? Or will the boo birds come out of the woodwork and say that Bob has lost his fire and should consider stepping down?

I won't be upset if we simply get out-talented but hang with them for a half or so and have a nice gameplan and don't get completely humiliated on national TV. It's a little sickening to say those words because it reminds me of the 90's but we simply don't match up with Bama right now in any phase of the game except maybe kicking. Even the most optimistic souls around here are banking on Bama not being motivated. Maybe that will happen, lord knows we've been on the wrong end of games like that enough times that we're due.

olevetonahill
12/16/2013, 12:15 AM
I won't be upset if we simply get out-talented but hang with them for a half or so and have a nice gameplan and don't get completely humiliated on national TV. It's a little sickening to say those words because it reminds me of the 90's but we simply don't match up with Bama right now in any phase of the game except maybe kicking. Even the most optimistic souls around here are banking on Bama not being motivated. Maybe that will happen, lord knows we've been on the wrong end of games like that enough times that we're due.

The only thing that concerns me is QB . Other than that I aint skeered at all. Dont lump every one under the same umbrella. I feel like we have an excellent chance to win.

nanimonai
12/16/2013, 12:17 AM
The only thing that concerns me is QB . Other than that I aint skeered at all. Dont lump every one under the same umbrella. I feel like we have an excellent chance to win.

I hope they make me look like an idiot. Need to come out with some of that 1999 OU/A&M spark.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/16/2013, 12:20 AM
I hope Misery....Texass.....and Gaylor get peter slapped...........!!!I can't think of anyone that i would want LosuR to beat. Not even Misery.

Jacie
12/16/2013, 09:06 AM
Of six Big XII bowl games, only two favorites.

As of 12/16
Baylor -17.5
K-State -3.5
OSU +1 . . . this one could easily flip flop
sa*et +13
Tech +13
Oklahoma +14.5

We really need for OUr team to beat bama!