PDA

View Full Version : Since CowboyMRW aint been here to Post since before we Kicked OsEwes Butt Ima Leave

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 08:44 PM
It up to Yall Gonna make a Pole about our bet and will abide by the simple majority Fair enough?

Most Know Him an I made a bet last year and he paid off , Good man.
we Made the same bet this year That Ou would end Higher in the B12 than OsEwe .
Basicly we tied since both teams have 2 loses . But it has been mentioned that since We beat them I win the bet.
Do WE have a Higher ranking? does he Owe me or is the Bet a Push?

Ima make it simple Vote He owes or its a Push Thanks

Mazeppa
12/9/2013, 08:47 PM
He's an aggie he owes you! And you own him. :)

Wishboned
12/9/2013, 08:51 PM
OU wins head to head. Higher finish in the B12 final standings due to the tiebreaker. Higher ranking in the poles. BCS Bowl vs non BCS Bowl.

He loses.

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 08:52 PM
He's an aggie he owes you! And you own him. :)

Heh
Later Ima vote just so I can see the totals with out havin to View results and shat

webfoot
12/9/2013, 08:54 PM
He owes - in a good way.

SoonerDomiNation
12/9/2013, 09:10 PM
He owrs a ewe.

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 09:11 PM
He owrs a ewe.

I dont want a ewe unless its a Virgin and he aint gonna find one off those :lemo:

SoonerDomiNation
12/9/2013, 09:18 PM
Lol...

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 10:05 PM
Dont want this Lost. I really dont mind waitin till next year if he wants to make the Bet again,

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 10:29 PM
From the Looks of it The Boy needs to show up and defend Himself Only ONE has said Its a Push so far.

SoonerLB
12/9/2013, 11:35 PM
Rules is rules, and a bet is a bet, so MRW . . . . . , PAY DAT MAN! ;)

OULenexaman
12/10/2013, 12:40 AM
Funny stuff. He owes. Period.

Piware
12/10/2013, 02:11 AM
Wondered where he and his orange Kool-Aid have been. Do ewe suppose his butt is still frozen at T-Bones shack on the prairie?

badger
12/10/2013, 09:38 AM
Let the poor Poke grieve. I'm sure he'll return eventually, always does

Wishboned
12/10/2013, 09:50 AM
Let the poor Poke grieve. I'm sure he'll return eventually, always does

Just like herpes. There is no cure.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/10/2013, 09:55 AM
Don't let him pay you off in sheep eggs.

CowboyMRW
12/10/2013, 11:18 PM
Just got back from tending to my flock. They've had a rough few days to say the least. The winter storm was already bad enough on them and with the choke job by Gundy and crew on Saturday, they didn't get any rest until Monday night, but at least they were kept warm since it was cold.

Actually, I left after the game to come to Pennsylvania for work. Long drive and the app isn't working on my phone for some reason so I haven't been around for it.

I'm only going to say one thing about the bet. Since it's a poll and I'm an OSU fan I know that I'm going to lose the poll anyways, but we did tie in the standings at 7-2. Technically we finished second because the rules are H2H but we beat UT, you lost to UT, UT beat you, and then it goes to; "The records of the three teams will be compared against the next-highest placed teams in the conference in order of finish." Which the way I understand it is who beat Baylor?

But we fully choked as usual against you and so I'll be needing your address again Vet.

olevetonahill
12/11/2013, 05:52 AM
Just got back from tending to my flock. They've had a rough few days to say the least. The winter storm was already bad enough on them and with the choke job by Gundy and crew on Saturday, they didn't get any rest until Monday night, but at least they were kept warm since it was cold.

Actually, I left after the game to come to Pennsylvania for work. Long drive and the app isn't working on my phone for some reason so I haven't been around for it.

I'm only going to say one thing about the bet. Since it's a poll and I'm an OSU fan I know that I'm going to lose the poll anyways, but we did tie in the standings at 7-2. Technically we finished second because the rules are H2H
but we beat UT, you lost to UT, UT beat you, and then it goes to; "The records of the three teams will be compared against the next-highest placed teams in the conference in order of finish." Which the way I understand it is who beat Baylor?

But we fully choked as usual against you and so I'll be needing your address again Vet.

Peem sent, You do realize your argument is so aggied up its funny dont you? You are saying that Yall beat a team that beat us? Really? Guess Yall playing and LOSING to WVU kinda slipped yer mind dint it? Dint we then beat WVU? Yea Thot so.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/11/2013, 07:08 AM

I'm only going to say one thing about the bet. Since it's a poll and I'm an OSU fan I know that I'm going to lose the poll anyways, but we did tie in the standings at 7-2. Technically we finished second because the rules are H2H but we beat UT, you lost to UT, UT beat you, and then it goes to; "The records of the three teams will be compared against the next-highest placed teams in the conference in order of finish." Which the way I understand it is who beat Baylor?

Transitive property does not apply here. Sorry.

Wishboned
12/11/2013, 10:16 AM
Technically we finished second .

That's all you had to say. Everything else was a lot of baaah baaah baaah.

olevetonahill
12/11/2013, 10:30 AM
That's all you had to say. Everything else was a lot of baaah baaah baaah.

But he had to toss in that weird assed aggie Logic :wink:

Bourbon St Sooner
12/11/2013, 12:01 PM
I think the league would officially say the two teams are tied for 2nd. The tiebreaker rules cited by MRW are for determining who gets the automatic BCS bowl berth in case of a 3 way tie for first place. However, in case of a 3 way tie, all 3 teams are considered league champs.

That being said, MRW owes just for his team choking on a big one. I mean, you are the no 6 team in the country playing at home and you lose to a team missing the entire left side of its OL and playing 3 qbs. How the **** does that happen? So yeah, poke choke is the overriding factor here.

JLMSOONER
12/11/2013, 12:02 PM
Well, I thought the answer would be to let MRW decide. He seems like a stand up kind of aggy. At least as stand as an aggy could be. However, it seems, as some of you replied, he used aggy logic. But, to tell the truth he's probably still a little weak from all of the sheep pillaging. So, the real question is if the tables were turned, would MRW expect Vet to pay up?

SoonerKnight
12/11/2013, 12:55 PM
Make it simple Vet. #2 Big XII playing #2 SEC West Sugar Bowl. Simplified!!!

Wishboned
12/11/2013, 01:02 PM
Well, I thought the answer would be to let MRW decide. He seems like a stand up kind of aggy. At least as stand as an aggy could be. However, it seems, as some of you replied, he used aggy logic. But, to tell the truth he's probably still a little weak from all of the sheep pillaging. So, the real question is if the tables were turned, would MRW expect Vet to pay up?

Vet would be a stand up guy and accept the loss without trying to use aggie logic to try and make excuses.

SoCalBigRed
12/11/2013, 04:02 PM
As biased as I am, as much as I hate the aggies... I say Push.

I made a similar bet in the NBA playoffs, about which team would go further. Both lost in the 1st round, one got swept... one went 7. Both were in the same division, his team won the division, however. Still... we called it a Push.

Yeah, difference in the circumstances, but it has that wiggle room... that's where the Push is, in that wiggle room.

CowboyMRW
12/11/2013, 10:31 PM
We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Sad about the outcome but it was a pretty fun game to be at. I had a blast freezing my rear off and conversing with OU fans.

I have no problem sending the 100 to Vet. Both teams finish tied in the standings, but since we need a winner, we lost H2H. I'm sure this will go to good use, such as some fine 'shine or feeding the deer.

Good game to OU. Sad to see another loss handed to us. I honestly am not sure if we will ever win again, as this was one of our best teams, especially defensively.

CowboyMRW
12/11/2013, 10:32 PM
Vet, I get back from Pennsylvania on Sunday, barring the snow lets up some, so I'll send it out then.

olevetonahill
12/11/2013, 10:47 PM
Vet, I get back from Pennsylvania on Sunday, barring the snow lets up some, so I'll send it out then.

You a good Man bro
Ill buy a bag of Deer corn in yer name LOL

EatLeadCommie
12/11/2013, 11:31 PM
It pained me to vote for Vet, but I did. However, I think MRW and his aggie logic is correct on this one. It would be in the event of a tie for first to decide the BCS champ rep, but the same rules apply to men's basketball (and I assume women's basketball and some other sports). Since we don't need to seed for a BXII football tourney, the rules aren't written out that way.

Tiebreaker rules for hoops... http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1520897

Ties Involving More than Two Teams.

Results of collective head-to-head competition during the regular season among the tied teams (mini round-robin). Everybody went 1-1 between OU, OSU, and UT.

If more than two teams are still tied, each of the tied team's record vs. the team occupying the highest position in the final regular season standings, and then continuing down through the standings, eliminating tied teams with inferior records until one team gains an advantage. OSU is the only one that beat Baylor. OU and UT are eliminated.

There is more after that, but it's kind of a moot point. So, the aggie logic may actually hold water, but we are ranked higher in polls and we own HTH and there seem to be no rules governing 2nd place ties for football. A push would not be out of the question, but it looks like he's going to pay up.

olevetonahill
12/12/2013, 06:47 AM
And I love you too ELC :surprise:

PrideMom
12/12/2013, 11:00 AM
I always wonder why anyone that is SO.O.O.O orange would bother to go the Soonerfans web page. CowboyMRW you are showing envy not hate....
Also, OU's national titles are recognized by the NCAA, so as usual, another STUPID AGGIE that doesn't know his stuff!

humblesooner
12/13/2013, 11:27 AM
I'm gonna screw this up for you, but my answer is "None of the above". In your post you made this comment: "Made the same bet this year That Ou would end Higher in the B12 than OsEwe". Is this accurate? Was the bet that OU would or would not end up higher in the B12 than the sheep? If so, Vet needs to pay up. When they tied, OU was not "higher in the B12 than the sheep".
;)

EDIT: If the bet was you got OU and he got the sheep, then I vote for a do-over next year (push).

CowboyMRW
12/14/2013, 05:17 PM
I always wonder why anyone that is SO.O.O.O orange would bother to go the Soonerfans web page. CowboyMRW you are showing envy not hate....
Also, OU's national titles are recognized by the NCAA, so as usual, another STUPID AGGIE that doesn't know his stuff!

It was never my goal to show hate on this website. I'm also not showing envy. I don't regret for a second going to OSU as I came away with a very good engineering degree, and met some great people. Our record vs. OU is obviously not great and Gundy is scared of OU for whatever reason, but I'm not envious. I know that I'm a resident here of an opposing fanbase and because of that, I represent OSU to a degree, therefore I don't come here to troll or raise hell. I come to talk football and read others opinions on teams.

Secondly, I'm not a STUPID AGGIE as you so eloquently put it. That signature is the result of losing a bet to one of your OU residents that post here. They came up with that.

picasso
12/14/2013, 05:55 PM
I don't understand how Gundy is scared of OU.
He went out and got a better DC. It's not like he called the dogs off last week.

SoonerorLater
12/14/2013, 06:11 PM

That's a little harsh isn't it? I sort of enjoy different viewpoints and loyalties even on a team specific board. Otherwise we could just start one big thread entitled "OU is Great" and everybody could just respond amen.