PDA

View Full Version : So who's coming to see me in New Orleans?????

BlownGP
12/9/2013, 07:01 PM
With me living in Baton Rouge. I might finally get to see a OU game..

Im going to try and make the game, dont know if I can get off work yet..

If you guys need any tips or info about bars/restaurants to hit up in New Orleans. Let me know.

Steven

okiewaker
12/9/2013, 07:33 PM
We heading that way, god willing. First stop,,,Arnauds on Beinville.

TheUnnamedSooner
12/9/2013, 07:37 PM
I just booked hotel and tickets last night. I'll be there for new years eve thru Friday. Would welcome any suggestions for bars and restaurants.

SoonerStormchaser
12/9/2013, 07:48 PM
Sorry, but you couldn't pay me enough to set foot in that city ever again!

okiewaker
12/9/2013, 07:53 PM
It is a crap city, granted, but Sooner players will be there and so will I!

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 08:36 PM
With me living in Baton Rouge. I might finally get to see a OU game..

Im going to try and make the game, dont know if I can get off work yet..

If you guys need any tips or info about bars/restaurants to hit up in New Orleans. Let me know.

Steven

If I go I just need to know 3 things
#1 How to get to the Stadium
#2 where the Coldest Natty is
#3 where the Hottest Hookers are
Thanks

soonergirlNeugene
12/9/2013, 10:01 PM
I'll be there! First trip to Nawlins since the LSU game! We'll be staying for a week. Gameday aside, I hope it will be more hospitable.

FirstandGoal
12/9/2013, 10:20 PM
When I first heard about the possibility of this game I was tempted for all of about 5 minutes to make great plans and schemes and try to figure out how to get time off of work and how to get down there, but then the voice of reason (boyfriend) splained that we could watch the game for about 1K less if we went to a local sports bar.

Not saying I'm not still tempted though....

BlownGP
12/10/2013, 12:20 AM
If I go I just need to know 3 things
#1 How to get to the Stadium
#2 where the Coldest Natty is
#3 where the Hottest Hookers are
Thanks

hahaha..

1# Take I-10. It will run right into in.. Cant miss the GOLD DOME!!!
2#Walk-on's, Huck Finns, and the Checkered Parrot are all sports bars in the Quarter.
3#I dont know if you want the hookers in the N.O....

and its far from a crap city... It's has the bad area's just like any city.

olevetonahill
12/10/2013, 12:42 AM
hahaha..

1# Take I-10. It will run right into in.. Cant miss the GOLD DOME!!!
2#Walk-on's, Huck Finns, and the Checkered Parrot are all sports bars in the Quarter.
3#I dont know if you want the hookers in the N.O....

and its far from a crap city... It's has the bad area's just like any city.
Heh Hookers anywhere require Bubble wrap LOL

rock on sooner
12/10/2013, 07:04 AM
Heh Hookers anywhere require Bubble wrap LOL

I heard those in Nawlins liked to pop that bubble wrap...

BermudaSooner
12/10/2013, 09:03 AM
Just made my plans last night. I'm gettin me a muffaleta a few hurricanes and then a victory.

Soonerjeepman
12/10/2013, 09:21 AM
going to pass...went to the lsu game....I'm bad luck~ lol.

Cheering loudly in KC!

Bourbon St Sooner
12/10/2013, 11:00 AM
I'll be there. But then, I'm already here.

Best hurricanes are at Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop. And it has a great piano bar after 9PM. You have to walk down past all the gay bars but it's worth it.

I'm not in the hooker market, but I would avoid Tulane Ave.

DMSooner
12/10/2013, 11:11 AM
Flying into Houston the morning of the 1st, driving w/a buddy the rest of the way that day. Staying at Holiday Inn Downtown, never been to the big easy, so I am really looking forward to a good time w/my fellow sooners!

DMSooner
12/10/2013, 12:48 PM
Any advice on tickets? I have been to the Fiesta bowl every year they go, and usually get tickets 2 or 3 days before at really good prices. With the proximity of the schools and 2 fan bases that travel really well, I just wander if that will be the case?

tooslow
12/10/2013, 06:17 PM
Any advice on tickets? I have been to the Fiesta bowl every year they go, and usually get tickets 2 or 3 days before at really good prices. With the proximity of the schools and 2 fan bases that travel really well, I just wander if that will be the case?

I'd also like to know this. The tickets I saw available last night were just in 5 sections of the upper deck. If I'm gonna make the drive, I'd love to get better seats, but I'll also take what I can get. :)

Breadburner
12/10/2013, 06:33 PM
Just got back from NOLA....Here are a few places to eat....G.W. Fins was very good.....August is very good but high end.....For breakfast...."The Ruby Slipper"....All these are within walking distance of the Marriot on Canal St.....

Bourbon St Sooner
12/10/2013, 10:16 PM

My sis lives in Phx and goes to the FB every year. I would plan on ponying a few more bucks for the SB. Bans always travels. Phx is usually a long way away from the teams playing.

SoonerE
12/11/2013, 08:31 AM
Tickets and hotel bought. We're driving down. Taking all 5 of my OU crazy kids. This will be our first bowl experience. I'm hoping it's not like the nightmarish LSU stories. One of my boys has been to New Orleans before, but it's the first for the rest of us. Decent places to take the kids for some great food would also be appreciated.

swardboy
12/11/2013, 09:14 AM
Take the St. charles St. trolley to Camillia Grill for a great breakfast experience.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/11/2013, 11:30 AM
If you like oysters, skip the lines at Acme, take a cab, car or, for a more interesting experience, the Magazine St. bus to Casamento's. The oysters are twice as big as the ones you'll get anywhere else and they have a good seafood menu. If you don't like raw oysters, I highly recommend the char-grilled oysters at Drago's in the Hilton.

olevetonahill
12/11/2013, 01:35 PM
Wheres the Dayum Hookers, Wont Need Oysters If we aint got Hookers Mite as well point me to where I can get some Blow also . TIA

PalmBeachSooner
12/11/2013, 02:36 PM
Bought my tickets and will be staying few days. I've been to NOLA several times and have enjoyed it everytime. I expect it will be the same this time. There's a lot of mutual respect between Bama and OU fans so I don't expect the bull-schmidt that went on when we played LSU.

I highly recommend that you travel in groups and don't wander too far from the beaten paths. You don't have to stray much to find yourself in a schmidt-hole. Be respectful of the police and whatever you do don't talk back to them.

olevetonahill
12/11/2013, 02:41 PM
Bought my tickets and will be staying few days. I've been to NOLA several times and have enjoyed it everytime. I expect it will be the same this time. There's a lot of mutual respect between Bama and OU fans so I don't expect the bull-schmidt that went on when we played LSU.

I highly recommend that you travel in groups and don't wander too far from the beaten paths. You don't have to stray much to find yourself in a schmidt-hole. Be respectful of the police and whatever you do don't talk back to them.

That last sentence goes for ANYWHERE Bro

cvsooner
12/11/2013, 04:05 PM
For the good of the cause, I won't be making the trip. The Sooners this season have played far better when I don't watch them play live. In fact, their best games: Notre Dame, Kansas State and OSewe--I wasn't able to watch any of those games live. On the other hand, Texas and Baylor...and the other games we struggled in, such as TCU, and West Virginia...watched all of them live.

So--tape delay for me. I'll be in the garage building a birdhouse or something, I guess. That almost guarantees a win. You can thank me now for my sacrifice.

humblesooner
12/11/2013, 05:41 PM
More tickets will be showing up soon. I learned today that Sugar Bowl muckity-mucks have their allocations and have to take them or turn them back in just a few days.
With no local team involved, they will be turning back a lot of these seats. If you are patient, you should be able to score some good seats at face-value soon.
BTW face is $160 to $225, I understand.

King Barry's Back
12/13/2013, 02:13 PM
Be respectful of the police and whatever you do don't talk back to them.

No kidding. First time i was in Nawlin's i was with a member of the OK governor's detail. He was advancing a gubernatorial visit. We flew in on a Friday afternoon, and the governor arrived at 0700 the next morning,

We picked up a rental for the gov, a beautiful, brand new, golden lincoln town car, and had it for most of the evening.

Friday night, a member of the governor's staff arrived, and we went back to the airport to pick him up. My friend was in his work clothes, nice suit and tie.

So he pulls up at the airport, and says, "cops take care of each other. I'm going to go ask that NO police officer where i should park for my VIP pick up tomorrow morning. she'll know the best spot."

He got out of the car, pulled out his badge, held it up where she could see, and said "Ma'am, i am a state police officer from Oklahoma, and tomorrow morning, i am picking up our governor. Where should I park..."

She just started screaming like a crazy woman. "YOU ARE NOT GOING TO PARK HERE!!! NOBODY PARKS HERE I AM CALLING TO HAVE YOU TOWED RIGHT NOW!!!"

She pulled out her radio, keyed the mike, and said, "I GOT A TOW HERE. GOLD LINCILN TOWN CAR, LA PLATES..."

My poor friend had jumped in the by this point, and we could still hear her screaming as we drove off.

soonergirlNeugene
12/17/2013, 12:21 AM
Hey, we're going to be staying in Nawlins for several days. We've been there many times before, but not since the LSU game or Katrina and we've heard a lot has changed (since Katrina). Can anyone here answer the following for us?

1. We're looking for a good place to stay - preferably w/in walking distance of Bourbon St.
2. Any good off the beaten path restaurant recommendations? My folks really like their oysters XD
3. A suggestion for a good New Years Eve hangout that is family friendly but still serves booze (someplace that won't be full of flappin titties all night).

Bourbon St Sooner
12/17/2013, 09:39 AM
Hey, we're going to be staying in Nawlins for several days. We've been there many times before, but not since the LSU game or Katrina and we've heard a lot has changed (since Katrina). Can anyone here answer the following for us?

1. We're looking for a good place to stay - preferably w/in walking distance of Bourbon St.
2. Any good off the beaten path restaurant recommendations? My folks really like their oysters XD
3. A suggestion for a good New Years Eve hangout that is family friendly but still serves booze (someplace that won't be full of flappin titties all night).

1. Not sure, but you better get your hotel soon. There's a lot of bed and breakfasts in and around the FQ that I don't think are on your hotels.com sites. Not sure how to book these but Google is your friend.
2. See my post above about oysters.
3. There's a fireworks display on the river NYE and there's usually some bands playing in Spanish Plaza next to the Riverwalk mall. Oh and booze is served everywhere in New Orleans

Good luck and enjoy.

5noubus
12/26/2013, 01:42 PM
We are heading that way.
Any idea where the sooner fans will stay in their rv's?
The Ou Vw bus will not be making the trip- too far and too rough for it.

I Am Right
12/26/2013, 02:45 PM
Me