PDA

View Full Version : Yes, This Really Happened

Judge Smails
12/9/2013, 05:19 PM
Agget fan says she saw the end of the Baylor/Saxet game and because they had the Big 12 trophy already in Waco to present to the winner, it proves that there was a conspiracy involving the refs because they knew there was no way OSU was going to win the game. AND SHE WAS DEAD SERIOUS.

And no, I didn't suggest that they made duplicate $30.00 trophys just in case OU won. I don't think she could have wrapped her head around that logic.

My God, are they all really that stupid??

badger
12/9/2013, 05:29 PM
OP banned the Texas fan that told them that they were just playing for a co-Big 12 title, and because they lost, Texas-Baylor was now playing for the whole thing.

It would not surprise me if there was a Big 12 trophy in Stillwater ready to be presented post-victory to the Pokes, along with t-shirts and hats. Sadly, the Pokes gave up two touchdowns in the final 19 seconds, sending the t-shirts and hats to a Third World country, and the Big 12 trophy back to Dallas where it will get recycled till next season.

Because conspiracy theories are funny, consider: The only OU-OSU outcome that would result in two BCS berths in the Big 12 happened Saturday. If OSU wins, there's no at-large to either Baylor (doesn't travel well) or Texas (ranked too low).

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2013, 05:33 PM
Agget fan says she saw the end of the Baylor/Saxet game and because they had the Big 12 trophy already in Waco to present to the winner, it proves that there was a conspiracy involving the refs because they knew there was no way OSU was going to win the game. AND SHE WAS DEAD SERIOUS.

And no, I didn't suggest that they made duplicate $30.00 trophys just in case OU won. I don't think she could have wrapped her head around that logic.

My God, are they all really that stupid??

Glad you explained that one. I was thinking the big12 had a $30B teleportation machine, but a duplicate trophy might be more cost effective.

yermom
12/9/2013, 05:42 PM
there was going to be a Big 12 champ in Waco either way, the only doubt was in Stillwater

does Baylor really travel THAT badly?

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2013, 05:47 PM
This was discussed on the Baylor board. The Big XII Commissioner took a chartered flight from Stillwater to Waco immediately after the Bedlam game. There were two trophies. He intended to present one to OSU and one to us later that evening in the event of a shared conference title.

There is no conspiracy and Aggy gonna Aggy.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2013, 05:49 PM
This was discussed on the Baylor board. The Big XII Commissioner took a chartered flight from Stillwater to Waco immediately after the Bedlam game. There were two trophies. He intended to present one to OSU and one to us later that evening in the event of a shared conference title.

There is no conspiracy and Aggy gonna Aggy.

That rules out my teleporter theory. But it doesn't rule out the agget fan is an idiot theory.

ouwasp
12/9/2013, 06:30 PM
That's no theory, friend. Cold hard truth.

cvsooner
12/9/2013, 06:38 PM
The agget fan is an idiot theory is no theory. I thought we had settled that as fact long ago.

Snrinhouston
12/9/2013, 07:22 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that conspiracies exist in college football from time to time. Not sure how anyone could watch the end of the 2006 Oregon/OU game and think otherwise. But there was no conspiracy here.

cvsooner
12/9/2013, 07:31 PM
Speaking of Oregon, did anyone note Phil Knight of Nike/Oregon fame was offering to the Sugar Bowl that he would buy all unsold tickets if bowl officials would take Oregon instead of us?

Snrinhouston
12/9/2013, 07:39 PM
Yeah....I did hear that, and it's probably true. I have no problem with him lobbying for his team in that manner. I do have a problem with him paying off officials. As many times as I watch the last three minutes of that 2006 game, I can see no other reasonable explanation.