Widescreen
12/8/2013, 05:06 PM
https://twitter.com/mcmurphyespn/status/409800033806983168
https://twitter.com/bcsguru/status/409802642269822977

NOLA here we come!

yermom
12/8/2013, 05:17 PM
Am mixed feels about this

But really, pulling off that stretch of 4 wins was pretty badass.

Playing bama basically at home might be rough. And expensive.

Turd_Ferguson
12/8/2013, 05:18 PM
And the bitcher's and whiner's already tweeting in that thread...sheesh.

SoonerMarkVA
12/8/2013, 05:20 PM
No kidding. What a bunch of whiny morons.

okiewaker
12/8/2013, 05:29 PM
I have NO mixed feelings. I'm good with it. Let's do this!

yermom
12/8/2013, 05:31 PM
I was ready for a cheap bowl trip in Texas :)

Widescreen
12/8/2013, 05:37 PM
And the bitcher's and whiner's already tweeting in that thread...sheesh.

The guy that goes by Life Changer apparently has no idea of what's going on. First he seems to say that OU finished 4th in the conference. Then he tries to claim that Texas should be in over OU due to H2H. Nevermind that Texas is 8-4, unranked and therefore ineligible to be selected. The guy is clueless.

Turd_Ferguson
12/8/2013, 05:52 PM
The guy that goes by Life Changer apparently has no idea of what's going on. First he seems to say that OU finished 4th in the conference. Then he tries to claim that Texas should be in over OU due to H2H. Nevermind that Texas is 8-4, unranked and therefore ineligible to be selected. The guy is clueless.

Is that you giving him hell on there? :D

revelladee
12/8/2013, 05:55 PM
Booked my room and got my tickets....my son's last performance in a bowl game!!! And may the Sooner Magic continue!!

Widescreen
12/8/2013, 05:57 PM
Is that you giving him hell on there? :D

No, I don't twitter. In fact, I can't even see the continuation of the conversation for some reason. It just ends. Guess you have to be logged in to see everything.

8timechamps
12/8/2013, 06:12 PM
Let's go take the crown back.

lexsooner
12/8/2013, 06:27 PM

No, that's reserved for Texas.

instigator
12/8/2013, 06:49 PM

Yeah a local game was an easy sell. :)

SoCalBigRed
12/8/2013, 06:53 PM
Well, look at it this way.

Two bottom-feeder Big XII teams moved to the SEC and gave ALL of them Hell.

We come in HEAVY underdogs, like we did against FSU... I like our chances.

Go ahead, everyone... spit in the Stoops brothers' faces for a month.

Anyone here, think this is a group of guys that would roll over like the team that played the Condoms? I don't. Guys I watched play this Saturday, have some cajones on them.

okiewaker
12/8/2013, 07:04 PM
Would like to see us play Bama. Think it would make for a great game,,not to mention all the peripherals.

PLaw
12/8/2013, 07:12 PM

Well, isn't that a good description of about 95% of the whorn fan base

PLaw
12/8/2013, 07:14 PM
Well, look at it this way.

Two bottom-feeder Big XII teams moved to the SEC and gave ALL of them Hell.

We come in HEAVY underdogs, like we did against FSU... I like our chances.

Go ahead, everyone... spit in the Stoops brothers' faces for a month.

Anyone here, think this is a group of guys that would roll over like the team that played the Condoms? I don't. Guys I watched play this Saturday, have some cajones on them.
Boomer Up! That got me ready to play right now - grow a pair you wussies and let's go kick some arse.

swardboy
12/8/2013, 08:24 PM
Booked my room and got my tickets....my son's last performance in a bowl game!!! And may the Sooner Magic continue!!

Congratulations!

Snrinhouston
12/8/2013, 08:53 PM
I am afraid we are going to get stomped, but would love to be proven wrong. If we do get stomped, it may be a good thing in the long run, and get us back to elite status quicker

SoonerMachine
12/8/2013, 08:58 PM
Hey Nick, no spying this time!

okiewaker
12/8/2013, 09:31 PM
We are gonna kick the sh!t out of bammer! I'm totally confident!

JiminyChristmas
12/8/2013, 09:42 PM
Awesome bowl matchup. Couldn't have asked for better. I do wish we would have Thompson and Shead back on the o line. Those two guys being ruled out will make it even tougher up front.

8timechamps
12/8/2013, 09:50 PM
Awesome bowl matchup. Couldn't have asked for better. I do wish we would have Thompson and Shead back on the o line. Those two guys being ruled out will make it even tougher up front.

Have they both been officially ruled out? A month is a lot of time to heal.

Snrinhouston
12/8/2013, 10:08 PM
We are gonna kick the sh!t out of bammer! I'm totally confident!

Really? Send me a private message with your contact info. I'm happy to give you an opportunity to take $1,000 of my money. I've got Bama, you've got OU. You think OU will "kick the sh*t" out of Bama, so you won't mind making this a straight up bet (no point spread).

picasso
12/8/2013, 10:11 PM
Really? Send me a private message with your contact info. I'm happy to give you an opportunity to take $1,000 of my money. I've got Bama, you've got OU. You think OU will "kick the sh*t" out of Bama, so you won't mind making this a straight up bet (no point spread).
You're glass half empty type aren't you?
I'm glad I don't sit by you at any of the home games.

Snrinhouston
12/8/2013, 10:21 PM
You're glass half empty type aren't you?
I'm glad I don't sit by you at any of the home games.

In my opinion there is a distinct line between having a basis for optimism and being realistic. Here I don't see any reason for being optimistic. Alabama has better players than us, Alabama has betting coaching than us, Alabama has beaten better competition than us. We are just not in Bama's league right now.

To me, the bright side of losing to Alabama will be for Castiglione and Boren to fully realize what's needed to become an elite team again.

Therealsouthsider
12/8/2013, 10:28 PM
...the above reasons sound vaguely familiar to all the spewing I listened to in 2000 on South Beach...interesting

ss

Snrinhouston
12/8/2013, 10:31 PM
...the above reasons sound vaguely familiar to all the spewing I listened to in 2000 on South Beach...interesting

ss

Any comparison between the lead-in to the FSU game in 2000 and the current facts at hand is woefully off-base.

8timechamps
12/8/2013, 10:32 PM
In my opinion there is a distinct line between having a basis for optimism and being realistic. Here I don't see any reason for being optimistic. Alabama has better players than us, Alabama has betting coaching than us, Alabama has beaten better competition than us. We are just not in Bama's league right now.

To me, the bright side of losing to Alabama will be for Castiglione and Boren to fully realize what's needed to become an elite team again.

There's plenty of reason to be optimistic, although cautiously.

As for your Alabama assertions, I can agree that Alabama has some (not necessarily all) better players, and I think Saban is a excellent coach (personally, I prefer Bob), but I disagree that Bama has beaten better competition. I think it's about the same.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think needs to change for OU to be an elite team "again"?

landrun
....Alabama has beaten better competition than us.

You're saying this based on perception and blow hards in the media. Go look at their win/loss records and tell me who beat the best team this year.

SanDiegoSoonerGal

That's a lot of man-love for Bama. Maybe you'd be more comfortable posting at one of their forums? Just a thought.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/8/2013, 10:39 PM
I'm starting to get a whiff of the distinctive odor of...troll.

Therealsouthsider
12/8/2013, 10:40 PM
Any comparison between the lead-in to the FSU game in 2000 and the current facts at hand is woefully off-base.

...early line on the game is Bama -13, in 2000 it started about the same and settled in at FSU -11... woefully is a reach

ss

Snrinhouston
12/8/2013, 10:41 PM
There's plenty of reason to be optimistic, although cautiously.

As for your Alabama assertions, I can agree that Alabama has some (not necessarily all) better players, and I think Saban is a excellent coach (personally, I prefer Bob), but I disagree that Bama has beaten better competition. I think it's about the same.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think needs to change for OU to be an elite team "again"?

Good question. By elite team, I mean one that can challenge for a National Championship: a perennial top-five team. Besides the obvious (2000, 2003, 2004, 2008), I thought the 2001 and 2002 teams were elite teams. Since the 2008 season, none of the OU teams have been credible threats to win the National Championship. And by credible, I mean after six or seven games into the season, it was clear that the team didn't have what it took to win it all.

Snrinhouston
12/8/2013, 10:48 PM

Well you need to check your olfactory bulbs (and probably other things as well)...I am as big an OU fan as there is. However, I try to look at upcoming match ups critically and dispassionately.

In 2004, all my friends were chomping to get a piece of SC....indignant that SC was ranked #1 all season. I took a lot of crap by telling them to be careful what they wished for...Didn't hear a peep out of them afterwards. Be interesting to see if I hear a peep out of you on January 3rd.

picasso
12/8/2013, 11:29 PM

I'm as close to a realist as anyone. Personally I think you should lighten up and enjiy this win for a while.
There's a ton of parity out there in today's college game.

Snrinhouston
12/8/2013, 11:36 PM
I'm as close to a realist as anyone. Personally I think you should lighten up and enjiy this win for a while.
There's a ton of parity out there in today's college game.

Trust me...I enjoyed the win IMMENSELY yesterday. And I still love the idea of Boone flying home pissed off on his private jet yesterday. I'm just disappointed that we drew Bama as our bowl game.

JiminyChristmas
12/8/2013, 11:41 PM

Have they both been officially ruled out? A month is a lot of time to heal.

I saw an interview with Stoops, must have been post game yesterday, where he said neither of them would be back for a bowl game. Didn't elaborate on what the injuries were.

picasso
12/8/2013, 11:45 PM
Trust me...I enjoyed the win IMMENSELY yesterday. And I still love the idea of Boone flying home pissed off on his private jet yesterday. I'm just disappointed that we drew Bama as our bowl game.

Well I'm certainly glad that you're dragging everyone else down into your disappointment.

Snrinhouston
12/8/2013, 11:47 PM
I saw an interview with Stoops, must have been post game yesterday, where he said neither of them would be back for a bowl game. Didn't elaborate on what the injuries were.

Damn...that is not good news. Really need our best possible o-linemen against the Alabama D-line.

TheUnnamedSooner
12/8/2013, 11:53 PM
Just got my tickets and hotel. Win or lose, it's going to be a fun trip! I was there when we played LSU, and I'm glad those a$$holes won't be in the game.

It's been a fun college football season.

Snrinhouston
12/8/2013, 11:58 PM
Just got my tickets and hotel. Win or lose, it's going to be a fun trip! I was there when we played LSU, and I'm glad those a$$holes won't be in the game.

It's been a fun college football season.

Agreed. I haven't heard one passing grade from any OU fan who dealt with LSU fans in Nola. According to LSU grads, the a-hole LSU fans are the ones that didn't attend one single class at the university.

All remarks about Bama fans have been very positive though.

TheUnnamedSooner
12/9/2013, 12:10 AM
Agreed. I haven't heard one passing grade from any OU fan who dealt with LSU fans in Nola. According to LSU grads, the a-hole LSU fans are the ones that didn't attend one single class at the university.

All remarks about Bama fans have been very positive though.

Very true. That was the year I graduated from OU and since moved to Dallas where it's a cesspool of college representatives. I've met and worked with several LSU grads, and they seem a lot nicer. I know all fan bases have their a$$holes, but LSU just seemed to have a lot more than normal.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/9/2013, 12:16 AM
Well you need to check your olfactory bulbs (and probably other things as well)

Ahh, straight to the personal insults. Stay classy, Houston.

...I am as big an OU fan as there is.

Somehow I don't think so.

However, I try to look at upcoming match ups critically and dispassionately.

In 2004, all my friends were chomping to get a piece of SC....indignant that SC was ranked #1 all season. I took a lot of crap by telling them to be careful what they wished for...Didn't hear a peep out of them afterwards.

Whaddya know, we agree on something. We were overconfident that year and in many years afterward. This year's different. I'm in no way predicting a blowout, but I'm also not predicting the a**-f***ing from Alabama that you seem to think that is all we are capable of.

Be interesting to see if I hear a peep out of you on January 3rd.

Likewise. It's a date, sweetie pie.

Snrinhouston
12/9/2013, 12:23 AM
[QUOTE=SanDiegoSoonerGal straight to the personal insults. Stay classy, Houston.

Check the record, Sweetie Pie....my olfactory comment came AFTER your troll comment. Yes or no? Uh huh, that's what I thought.

Who needs the stay classy advice? Uh huh, that's what I thought.

Widescreen
12/9/2013, 09:54 AM

I'm pretty sure they already know that. We can't even be elite in our own watered-down conference at the moment. I doubt a beatdown by Bama will tell them anything new.

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 03:58 PM

A Man would have to be a Idiot to bet with YOU Heads up when he can lay a Grand down and get the Points. You so sure Bama will win Ill put a 1000 On Ou and 17 points, Even tho I think we will Win the Game .

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 04:00 PM

I called him on his trollness right after he started post a month ago. Just havnt figured out yet WHOs troll he is.

okiewaker
12/9/2013, 04:08 PM

I actually do mind making a straight up bet. I don't bet hard earned cash on sports events. And,,,if I was gonna bet, I would do it with an outfit that I could get better money on my return. Not with some yahoo I don't know on a fan page.