dennis580
12/8/2013, 02:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

EatLeadCommie
12/8/2013, 02:12 PM
I blame Venables

SoonerorLater
12/8/2013, 02:18 PM
So it looks like for all of this teams scrappy hard work and over achievement in the face of adversity they will be rewarded with an opportunity to play Alabama.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/8/2013, 03:09 PM
So it looks like for all of this teams scrappy hard work and over achievement in the face of adversity they will be rewarded with an opportunity to play Alabama.

You'd rather the team be rewarded with an opportunity to play Rice in the Letter Opener Bowl? I don't get it.

Dallas
12/8/2013, 03:13 PM

Love how that just rolls off the tongue. :)

NorthernIowaSooner
12/8/2013, 03:16 PM
Gundy voted OSU over OU. http://newsok.com/gundy-votes-cowboys-ahead-of-sooners/article/3912614

Sore loser, and a dummy.

Therealsouthsider
12/8/2013, 03:26 PM
Gundy voted OSU over OU. http://newsok.com/gundy-votes-cowboys-ahead-of-sooners/article/3912614

Sore loser, and a dummy.

...they have never lost to OU, they've only had the game stolen from them or the refs were paid off...he's the face of idiot nation

ss

DenverSooner751
12/8/2013, 03:45 PM
They didn't lose they just ran outta time.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/8/2013, 03:56 PM
Terry Bowden voted them ahead of us, as well. He must still be carrying a grudge for his old man!

Mike Kelly did the same.

picasso
12/8/2013, 03:59 PM
People forget they lost to WV.

SoonerorLater
12/8/2013, 04:04 PM
You'd rather the team be rewarded with an opportunity to play Rice in the Letter Opener Bowl? I don't get it.

I don't want to play Alabama for the same reason I don't want to play Rice. Both would be mismatches IMO. Until about a week ago Alabama was the number one team in the country. We were the number 18 team. A series of events in the Auburn game changed that but what didn't change is that Alabama is still the best team in the country and would be favored against any other college team in the country on a neutral field.

I would like to see us in a competitive game. Arizona St., Oregon, Clemson, Missouri all seem like good games and realistic challenges. That is the type of match-up a top 10-20 team like OU should be playing.

C&CDean
12/8/2013, 04:15 PM
I don't want to play Alabama for the same reason I don't want to play Rice. Both would be mismatches IMO. Until about a week ago Alabama was the number one team in the country. We were the number 18 team. A series of events in the Auburn game changed that but what didn't change is that Alabama is still the best team in the country and would be favored against any other college team in the country on a neutral field.

I would like to see us in a competitive game. Arizona St., Oregon, Clemson, Missouri all seem like good games and realistic challenges. That is the type of match-up a top 10-20 team like OU should be playing.

Very simply put, you are not a Sooner. If you were, you'd be happy to be playing the biggest dog out there. Can't be the best till you beat the best. If we beat bammer with the banged up group we've got that would be very special. Besides, going to New Orleans with a bunch of bammers is a hell of a lot more attractive than rubbing elbows with the fans from a whole lot of other programs. They're classy folk.

The Ghost of Mex
12/8/2013, 04:27 PM
Very simply put, you are not a Sooner. If you were, you'd be happy to be playing the biggest dog out there. Can't be the best till you beat the best. If we beat bammer with the banged up group we've got that would be very special. Besides, going to New Orleans with a bunch of bammers is a hell of a lot more attractive than rubbing elbows with the fans from a whole lot of other programs. They're classy folk.

Agree totally.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/8/2013, 04:35 PM

Well put. I totally agree as well.

Soonerwake
12/8/2013, 04:36 PM
Agree totally.

Me too. I'm sick of this bunch of whiney bitches.. Playing Bama in the Sugar Bowl is freakin' awesome!!! What a way to end this season that has seen its ups and downs, lots of injuries, and a very young team. I guarantee that the players are pumped and will give us a great effort...

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/8/2013, 04:37 PM
Me too. I'm sick of this bunch of whiney bitches.. Playing Bama in the Sugar Bowl is freakin' awesome!!! What a way to end this season that has seen its ups and downs, lots of injuries, and a very young team. I guarantee that the players are pumped and will give us a great effort...

Especially if no one, including our own fans, gives them a snowball's chance of winning. Just like yesterday.

okiewaker
12/8/2013, 04:41 PM

Yep!^^^^^

bluedogok
12/8/2013, 06:02 PM
I don't think overconfidence will be a problem....they always seem to play better when they feel like they are an underdog.

Jacie
12/8/2013, 06:10 PM
Yeah, too bad OU didn't lose to pokey state, then we would be privileged to watch OUr Sooners play the nebbish in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl (Big Ten No. 4 or 5 vs. Big 12 No. 4)

dennis580
12/8/2013, 06:15 PM
Can anybody explained to me how Notre Dame's Brian Kelly voted OSU over OU? That is the most shocking part.

Jacie
12/8/2013, 06:26 PM
Can anybody explained to me how Notre Dame's Brian Kelly voted OSU over OU? That is the most shocking part.

It might have something to do with him staying at a Holiday Inn last night . . .