PDA

View Full Version : Thank You OU!

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2013, 07:28 PM
Thanks OU for coming up with some awesome Sooner magic today. Great job! Sic 'Em Sooners!

Judge Smails
12/7/2013, 07:29 PM
And thank you for beating the Whorns.

Enjoy your conference championship.

BoulderSooner79
And thank you guys for making sure OUr guys' great effort wasn't wasted on giving the horns a trophy!

Wishboned
Congrats SicEm. Enjoy the title.

Sooners78
12/7/2013, 07:40 PM
Was rooting for you today against the whorns. Baylors my 2nd favorite team in the conf. You really have an exciting offense, but this year you also have a great defense with athletes all over the field.

8timechamps
12/7/2013, 07:41 PM
Congrats Sic 'Em, got a chance to watch the end of your game, and it felt good watching the whorns lose.

ouwasp
12/7/2013, 07:42 PM
Yes, I'll take a little vicarious pleasure when I attend my Baptist church tomorrow. Had the Bears wasted this chance, they would have earned lifelong disdain. Glad to see Baylor take care of business.

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2013, 07:52 PM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/996088_10152137565134497_498070181_n.jpg

olevetonahill
12/7/2013, 07:56 PM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/996088_10152137565134497_498070181_n.jpg

Tolt Ya SOONER MAGIC then I would be rootin fer Yall

Soonerjeepman
12/7/2013, 07:59 PM
congrats...enjoy the title and represent well...

I know I'm the weird one, but I actually want all the Big12 teams to win...

rock on sooner
12/7/2013, 08:41 PM
Thanks OU for coming up with some awesome Sooner magic today. Great job! Sic 'Em Sooners!

Jus' 'member that fer next year! :biggrin: We're cummin fer ya!!!!

okiewaker
12/7/2013, 11:30 PM
Well,,, love fest going on here. Good grief!!!

Therealsouthsider
12/7/2013, 11:34 PM
Jus' 'member that fer next year! :biggrin: We're cummin fer ya!!!!

...might want to rephrase that a little bit....just saying :pop:

ss

yankee
12/7/2013, 11:44 PM
P*** off.

SoonerMarkVA
12/8/2013, 12:16 AM
Thanks Baylor, for making sure the whorn fans who cheered for OU did it for absolutely nothing. LOL!

Okie35
12/8/2013, 12:50 AM
Meh...

Piware
12/8/2013, 12:52 AM
Congrats SicEm. This has been a long time coming for you folks and I hope you enjoy every minute of it!

Dallas
12/8/2013, 01:34 AM
Good god, look at the love for Baylor here. Screw Baylor and screw SicEm.

I am sorry, but I am not forgetting how you carried yourself here when you got your a$$ kicked by OSU the other day. For a person crying in his cereal after that loss, you sure acted the clown on the boards here and Oklahoma had NOTHING to do w/ it.

So no, I hope Baylor gets is crap pushed in.

Merry Holidays :black_eyed:

SicEmBaylor
12/8/2013, 01:42 AM
Good god, look at the love for Baylor here. Screw Baylor and screw SicEm.

I am sorry, but I am not forgetting how you carried yourself here when you got your a$$ kicked by OSU the other day. For a person crying in his cereal after that loss, you sure acted the clown on the boards here and Oklahoma had NOTHING to do w/ it.

So no, I hope Baylor gets is crap pushed in.

Merry Holidays :black_eyed:

I'll tell you what -- go back and explore my posts after the OSU loss and cite, specifically, what you're referring to. I'll sit and wait in patience.

Flagstaffsooner
12/8/2013, 01:52 AM
You people behave yourselves in my State.

Dallas
12/8/2013, 02:00 AM
I'll tell you what -- go back and explore my posts after the OSU loss and cite, specifically, what you're referring to. I'll sit and wait in patience.

Yeah that whole dig through history is like so VB1999. You know as well as I do you were in a foul mood and all that week you shouted from the rafters. Folks here on a Sooner board for crying out loud disagreed and you got butt hurt over it. That is really all that I remember. Then came the beat down and more grumpiness. This is a flippin Sooner board for crying out loud. What are folks supposed to do w/ Baylor here, Pinterest everything glorious regarding them?

I am just stating the fact that I found it odd someone from a completely different team would act that way on a rivals board and that rival was nowhere involved in the game. You appeared to be butt hurt Sooner fans would disagree w/ your opinion of Baylor.

I am behaving btw. :) I don't want to get into an IP war here, just did not appreciate it was all.

SCOUT
12/8/2013, 02:36 AM
Congrats to Baylor. SicEm, I hope you enjoy this. Your team deserves it.

Next year won't be so kind ;)

SicEmBaylor
12/8/2013, 02:41 AM
Yeah that whole dig through history is like so VB1999. You know as well as I do you were in a foul mood and all that week you shouted from the rafters. Folks here on a Sooner board for crying out loud disagreed and you got butt hurt over it. That is really all that I remember. Then came the beat down and more grumpiness. This is a flippin Sooner board for crying out loud. What are folks supposed to do w/ Baylor here, Pinterest everything glorious regarding them?

I am just stating the fact that I found it odd someone from a completely different team would act that way on a rivals board and that rival was nowhere involved in the game. You appeared to be butt hurt Sooner fans would disagree w/ your opinion of Baylor.

I am behaving btw. :) I don't want to get into an IP war here, just did not appreciate it was all.

I didn't shout from the rafters at all. In fact, I barely posted. Basically you're making a lot of assumptions based on absolutely nothing but the tingly feeling you get from your ***. I'll tell you what -- I'll do it for you, mmkay? And then you can tell me which of my post-OSU posts is what you described.
Starting with the first post-loss post:

If the beginning of the season=all week then, yes, I have. I said at the beginning of the season that I expected to drop two games...against OU and OSU. It was always difficult to envision us winning in Stillwater especially after K-State.

Not accurate. I said I grew up liking OU more than OSU. What's the point of sticking with the Bears? I didn't go to f'n OU, OSU, or anywhere else. I proudly chose Baylor over everywhere else, and I've never regretted that decision for a moment lest of all because of a single football game.

I started at Baylor during the Kevin Steele years -- do you honestly think one loss is going to make me jump ship? Please. I'm a loyal guy. I never jump ship for anything when things go bad.

I think everyone is still perfectly pleased that we extended the contract. Although, if the bottom falls out as far as fan support then I do worry that CAB may be more inclined to go elsewhere.

Chafed raw. They went in dry, and I had not a single pillow to bite upon.

I disagree. If he sees a dramatic drop in fan support then it may cause him to look elsewhere. If we waited until now to sign the contract, he may have been less inclined to sign it.

I agree. There was no excuse for that **** show. <----referencing the OSU game

The fact that some people still believe that post was written from a 'Baylor' perspective or had anything to do with Baylor is a pretty clear indication to me that some folks are just brain dead morons. <---This had to do with my thread on OU rather than the OSU game.

In any case, we suck on the road. Consistently winning big road games is the hallmark of a good program and we're clearly not there yet.

It was a comparison that would have been relevant whether I was a Baylor fan or not. I could have substituted Briles with any number of coaches, but I'm most familiar with CAB thus I went with him.

I've never ever had a second/troll account here or anywhere else before, but I'm seriously considering creating another account strictly as an OU fan so that I can say stuff about OU without being...

^That was the last post that had any sort of connection to the OSU game. I'm not going to respond to the rest of the crap you posted. Suffice it to say, I don't consider defending my position to be an example of being "butt hurt", but I don't appreciate nor should I be expected to remain silent when I read straight up insults concerning me or Baylor. That is not being "butt hurt."

SicEmBaylor
12/8/2013, 02:41 AM
Congrats to Baylor. SicEm, I hope you enjoy this. Your team deserves it.

Next year won't be so kind ;)

Thanks, and it probably won't be. We still haven't shown an ability to consistently win away from home and Norman is tough.

SCOUT
12/8/2013, 02:44 AM
Thanks, and it probably won't be. We still haven't shown an ability to consistently win away from home and Norman is tough.

I may be alone, but I am rooting for Baylor to win their bowl game.

soonergirlNeugene
12/8/2013, 03:42 AM

You're not alone. The B12 needs to raise its profile. Texas losing its nonconference cupcakes certainly didn't help matters this season.

SicEmBaylor
12/8/2013, 04:14 AM
In the past, I always enjoyed sharing in the joy of OU's championships; now, I welcome those who share in ours.

King Crimson
12/8/2013, 04:33 AM
you know sic, your sig says a lot about why people don't respect Baylor. i know i don't.

who cares about ATM?

SicEmBaylor
12/8/2013, 05:04 AM
you know sic, your sig says a lot about why people don't respect Baylor. i know i don't.

who cares about ATM?

People don't respect Baylor because Baylor doesn't like Aggie?
Okay.

The sig is old and from a couple of years ago...I just haven't changed it.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/8/2013, 08:55 AM

I'm in on this.

Okie35
12/8/2013, 09:16 AM

Baylor should win if they don't underestimate UCF. They have good players... Baylor wins in a shootout...

VA Sooner
12/8/2013, 10:16 AM
Sic'em, congrats on the Big 12 title. Your team did well this year. I'm still amazed by our Bedlam win and grinning about my Longhorn neighbor not being able to get to the BCS.

Good luck in the bowl and make the Big 12 proud.

Oh... and by the way... next year... Prepare Your Anus!

Dallas
12/8/2013, 03:03 PM
Hilarious.

The 11 year old goes through my posts in other threads and hits bad reputation for me. LoL

Is this really how the reputation system here works? We disagree and folks dig up posts only to pull down your rep?

Good lord...surely there is a better way to handle reputation on a site than that.

I am so glad I am beyond such trivial BS.

BoulderSooner79
12/8/2013, 03:28 PM

You're not alone; most the Baylor fans feel the same way. (sorry, too easy)

Looks like Baylor get "UConn'd" by the Fiesta bowl's draw. Who is it? UCF this time?

OUmillenium
12/8/2013, 03:36 PM
I will definitely be pulling for OSU and Texass in their bowl games...to lose by 5 billionty.

8timechamps
12/8/2013, 04:32 PM
I've never really cared about other team's bowl success. However, the recent SEC dominance has changed my feelings. The Big XII needs to look strong outside of the conference, and since most teams schedule cupcakes for OOC season games, the bowls are about the only place to have some impact. So, I actually pull for any/all Big XII teams in bowl season.

It doesn't make me less of a Sooner fan. Let's face it, conferences are like family nowadays. As much as we may hate each other in our own backyard, there's nothing wrong with supporting each other against other conferences. It's just how things work now.

So, I hope every Big XII team that goes bowling wins their game by 50. Yes, including Texas.

Soonerwake
12/8/2013, 04:41 PM
I have always not understood why a fan of another team would be here, but oh well..

As far as rooting for Baylor, I'm in. I will root for all of the Big XII, except the orange ***-munches...

oudanny
12/9/2013, 09:45 AM
Congrats to Baylor. They earned it. I'm just glad we won for no other reason than I hate losing.

KantoSooner
12/9/2013, 10:05 AM
SicEm, Congrats on a dream season. Now, for God's sake, don't crap the bed against UCF.

badger
12/9/2013, 10:14 AM
Advice: Don't be like Okie State and put your single, lonely Big 12 championship in a corner of the stadium, because then it's quite apparent that you've only won one.

Make the type font huge, spread it out over the entire endzone. You know, like a tarp :P

Seriously though, congrats. We've won so many that we wouldn't appreciate it as much as Baylor. We'd probably thumb our noses at the Fiesta Bowl invite too.

UteSooner
12/9/2013, 10:27 AM
Congrats to your Bears, SicEm. I'm glad our teams could work together this weekend to keep the conference title away from teams in orange. I'll be rooting for Big 12 this bowl season except for Texas. Screw those guys.

REDREX
12/9/2013, 11:46 AM
Well done-----I hate Texas more than I hate communism

KantoSooner
12/9/2013, 12:19 PM
I hate Texas more than I hate athlete's foot.

No, wait. I'm not sure I can distinguish the two, so maybe I hate 'em the same.

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 12:22 PM
I dont Hate em, I have complete and Utter Apathy for them

deweydw
12/9/2013, 02:37 PM
A co-worker of mine was a safety for Baylor a few years back, Jordan Lake. As we were leaving work Friday, he told me Boomer Sooner. I smiled and replied go Bears. He came in this morning and gave me a big pat on the back. He was at the game and said that when the final score was annouced, the stadium went crazy.

AzianSooner
12/9/2013, 08:30 PM
A co-worker of mine was a safety for Baylor a few years back, Jordan Lake. As we were leaving work Friday, he told me Boomer Sooner. I smiled and replied go Bears. He came in this morning and gave me a big pat on the back. He was at the game and said that when the final score was annouced, the stadium went crazy.

youtube?

SicEmBaylor
12/9/2013, 08:33 PM

That's awesome! I remember Jordan Lake really well. I even ran into him once on campus and told him how proud everyone was of what he was doing. A great safety for the time.

We had some good players back during that era here or there that, if we had them now, would have been first class players. Another example of that was Reggie Newhouse from the Steele era...

Anyway, you let Jordan his effort one the field was appreciated by his fellow students. And tell him a Baylor friend of yours said 'Sic 'Em!'