PDA

View Full Version : Knight separated shoulder against osu and then he separated the alabama defense

Judge Smails
12/7/2013, 05:55 PM
Oklahoma quarterback Trevor Knight suffered a separated left shoulder -- his non-throwing shoulder -- during the Sooners' 33-24 victory against Oklahoma State on Saturday, a source told ESPN.com.

Sooners78
12/7/2013, 05:56 PM
Wow, when will the injury bug end?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/7/2013, 05:57 PM
Never!

swardboy
12/7/2013, 09:58 PM
Trevor was interviewed after htegame on the radio network and said it popped back in place by itself. He wasn't overly concerned about it the way he talked. It's got a month to heal.

dennis580
12/7/2013, 10:03 PM
Oklahoma quarterback Trevor Knight suffered a separated left shoulder -- his non-throwing shoulder -- during the Sooners' 33-24 victory against Oklahoma State on Saturday, a source told ESPN.com.

Ouch thought it was only a wrist injury to his non throwing hand.

stoopified
12/7/2013, 10:15 PM
Trevor is banged up and Bell saved our bacon vs. the Pukes,what does Bob do at qb? Personally I have no idea.If we could meld Trevor's speed with Blake's arm,that would make for an awesome qb,seperately,both are good but not great.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/7/2013, 10:15 PM
Since our QB are runners now, it's good to have three of them.

nighttrain12
12/7/2013, 10:25 PM
Is Trevor Knight now going to be labeled an 'injury prone' QB?

SoCalBigRed
12/8/2013, 02:25 AM
From his description, it doesn't sound worse than a Type I separation. In other words... a sprain.

Though, "popping back into place" would be a dislocation. Two completely different things. A separation doesn't pop back in. There's 6 Types, the last 2 being extremely rare. Anything above a Type I separation, involves a tear and is a minimum of 4 - 6 weeks of recovery. Type IV and above require surgery.

BoulderSooner79
12/8/2013, 12:31 PM
From his description, it doesn't sound worse than a Type I separation. In other words... a sprain.

Though, "popping back into place" would be a dislocation. Two completely different things. A separation doesn't pop back in. There's 6 Types, the last 2 being extremely rare. Anything above a Type I separation, involves a tear and is a minimum of 4 - 6 weeks of recovery. Type IV and above require surgery.

A separated shoulder is a sprain and a sprain is a tear. All types of separated shoulders are sprains, it's just a scale of severity. A type III is a total tear or rupture and is still a sprain. Maybe it's how the media uses the word in context but people seem to think that a sprain is not that bad for some reason. "sprain" is a general term of the injury and can range from missing a couple days of practice to surgery and a year's rehab. There is not much information given until the type or degree is determined.

stoopified
2/5/2014, 10:25 AM
Trevor is banged up and Bell saved our bacon vs. the Pukes,what does Bob do at qb? Personally I have no idea.If we could meld Trevor's speed with Blake's arm,that would make for an awesome qb,seperately,both are good but not great.Apparently Bob and staff figured out how to meld Bell's arm to Knight forthe Sugar Bowl. :D

Question is will the graft hold ?

Widescreen
2/5/2014, 10:28 AM
Please think before bumping this kind of thread. The title freaked me out. LOL.

Boomer.....
2/5/2014, 10:32 AM
Ik,r!

stoopified
2/5/2014, 10:57 AM
Sorry didn't mean to freak anyone out.I meant to stir conversation about the seeming SUDDEN transformation of AK (All Knight) to a big-time passer.Is this a permanent thing? Will OU restrict the use of the option and pass like they did vs. Alabama ?Or does the staff return to the option direction they were headed into with Knight earlier ?

Once again please accept my honest mea culpa.

picasso
2/5/2014, 11:34 AM
It's obvious he has the best arm of the three. The question was could he hit his targets.

freshchris05
2/5/2014, 11:43 AM
http://memecrunch.com/meme/1860G/really-tho/image.png

stoopified
2/5/2014, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=picasso;4363787]It's obvious he has the best arm of the three. The question was could he hit his targets.[/QUOTEexactly snd since he proved ne can be seadly accurate even with a heavy passing load,does this cause a change away from what appearred to be an offense with a big dose of option?If you commit to option as a major part of your offense then you must sacrifice work on the passing game. Wish practices were open so we could get a look this spring as well as next fall. Guess we just have to waitabout 197 days to find out.

badger
2/5/2014, 12:37 PM
Sam Bradford and Jermaine Gresham are both out for the season due to injury!*

SoonerorLater
2/5/2014, 12:57 PM
Oh no! This is terrible news. Keep us posted

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2014, 02:33 PM
I dont know if I should lock it, delete it, or rename it..

swardboy
2/5/2014, 02:43 PM
Fire Venables!

badger
2/5/2014, 02:45 PM

Unless you want us to have fun with this outdated news, I'd say rename it

Widescreen
2/5/2014, 02:49 PM

Yeah, put (old news) after it or something.

badger
2/5/2014, 03:12 PM
Yeah, put (old news) after it or something.

Or change it to Knight separated shoulder after OSU game in December

Which suddenly makes a sad headline a very happy one --- he recovered fully a month later to embarrass almighty Alabama in the Sugar Bowl

swardboy
2/5/2014, 04:34 PM
Should have changed it to "Stoops to Cincinnati"

stoopified
2/5/2014, 04:47 PM
I dont know if I should lock it, delete it, or rename it.. Glad you chose to rename it.I regret bumping this thread up because of the title but the discussion I was trying to raise is valid. BTW we have 206 days til kickoff not the 197 I mentioned earlier,justt rying to bring some life to the offseason.

swardboy
2/5/2014, 05:48 PM
323 shopping days until Christmas.

Therealsouthsider
2/5/2014, 11:58 PM
...I missed my 30th High School reunion...probably didn't miss much

ss

Tulsa_Fireman
2/6/2014, 12:45 AM
...I missed my 30th High School reunion...probably didn't miss much

ss

And in today's news, Lydell Carr will NOT be the starting fullback for the 2014 Sooners.

SouthFortySooner
2/6/2014, 09:35 AM
Why do they call him AD? When in fact his initials are AP?

Bourbon St Sooner
2/6/2014, 09:46 AM
Because Allen Patrick is AP. Duh!

picasso
2/6/2014, 10:54 AM
Do we win in Stilly by more if TK doesn't go down?
We moved the ball when he was in there.
The first time we ran the option with Shep I think we score if TK pitches it.
And the OPI call on Clay on the same drive was terrible.
Also, on the final Bell miracle drive, when scrambles on 3rd down and throws back to Saunders for a first, notice Clay wide open on the sidelines. I think he scores if thrown the ball.
Ah well, it ended beautifully!

And why do they call Mangino Tiny? He's big.

badger
2/6/2014, 11:00 AM
Do we win in Stilly by more if TK doesn't go down?

If only OSU could have removed 19 seconds from the clock, then we don't score at the end :stunned:

Soonerwake
2/6/2014, 11:14 AM
All of this wouldn't have mattered anyway. Doesn't everyone know that there was a "fix" on, and that the aggies have video proof??

olevetonahill
2/6/2014, 12:18 PM
Yup Lock an delete or change any thread that Posters are having Fun with in the Off Season.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/6/2014, 01:07 PM
shut it!

olevetonahill
2/6/2014, 01:10 PM
shut it!

http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/fuk2.jpg :biggrin:

Widescreen
2/6/2014, 01:20 PM
Also, on the final Bell miracle drive, when scrambles on 3rd down and throws back to Saunders for a first, notice Clay wide open on the sidelines. I think he scores if thrown the ball.

It actually turned out perfectly. If we score too quickly, OSU has more time to do something besides lateral-palooza and have a better chance to win. The fact that we chewed up all but a few seconds of clock time was huge.

Soonerwake
2/6/2014, 03:20 PM
Yup Lock an delete or change any thread that Posters are having Fun with in the Off Season.

We know that's how STEP the thread nazi rolls... I should have just run over his ***. Oh yeah, I just run over Deano.. :joyous:

C&CDean
2/6/2014, 05:07 PM
We know that's how STEP the thread nazi rolls... I should have just run over his ***. Oh yeah, I just run over Deano.. :joyous:

No, you had a girl do the job.

cvsooner
2/6/2014, 05:26 PM
Because Allen Patrick is AP. Duh!

So what do we call Antonio Perkins? Norman Bates?

olevetonahill
2/6/2014, 05:27 PM
So what do we call Antonio Perkins? Norman Bates?

AntiPee .

CK Sooner
2/11/2014, 03:31 PM
Dis u knight?

Heoa-AI42bA