PDA

View Full Version : Poke Meltdown...

Turd_Ferguson
12/7/2013, 04:02 PM
:D:D:D

Sure am happy we took that timeout into the bowl season with us. Whew we might need it in the bob's car barn bowl.
http://www.orangepower.com/threads/game-thread-oklahoma-state-vs-oklahoma.179073/page-72

BB37
12/7/2013, 04:04 PM
I don't know if I'm brave enough to peek over there...

Turd_Ferguson
12/7/2013, 04:04 PM
How in the hell do you not review that interception. I'm fuming. I will not recognize this as a loss. So frustrating seeing these one-toothed gooner fans laughing about a game they did NOT win

lol

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2013, 04:05 PM
I don't know if I'm brave enough to peek over there...

The horror, the horror.

Wishboned
12/7/2013, 04:07 PM
I don't think they recognized last year as a loss either since they said they led the entire game.

So according to them they're on a 3 game win streak over OU.

soonertodd
12/7/2013, 04:08 PM
They're gonna need to open up a suicide hotline in stoolwater. It was funny seeing 2011 Big 12 champs in the background with all that blank space around it.need to frame that and sell all the rest for advertising tractor supply

BB37
12/7/2013, 04:18 PM
lol

Let 'em fume! That just makes this win more enjoyable!

Therealsouthsider
12/7/2013, 04:36 PM
...my personal favorite,

"why can't we just play OU the first big12 game of the year to get the loss out of the way"

ss

BB37
12/7/2013, 04:40 PM
...my personal favorite,

"why can't we just play OU the first big12 game of the year to get the loss out of the way"

ss

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

ouwasp
12/7/2013, 04:58 PM
one of my son's poke friends tweeted something like "You think we'd get used to these devastating losses...but no..."

If the pokes would just assume the position and quit being so feisty, life would be a lot more pleasurable for all of us.

OklaPony
12/7/2013, 05:06 PM
Guys, that was NOT an interception. No need to review a correct call. Quit blaming that for the loss.
Posted by AZWE, who is now banned.

<snicker, snicker>

bluedogok
12/7/2013, 05:15 PM
one of my son's poke friends tweeted something like "You think we'd get used to these devastating losses...but no..."

If the pokes would just assume the position and quit being so feisty, life would be a lot more pleasurable for all of us.
Using Clayton Williams logic (http://www.nytimes.com/1990/03/26/us/texas-candidate-s-comment-about-rape-causes-a-furor.html) there?

Turd_Ferguson
12/7/2013, 05:29 PM
Still reach'n...:D

osupride said: ↑ (http://www.orangepower.com/goto/post?id=2562318#post-2562318)

Was it ever discussed that the play clock was on 0 for several seconds before uo ever snapped the ball on the fake field goal??

BB37
12/7/2013, 05:36 PM
Still reach'n...:D

Just rewatched that play -- ESpIN wasn't even showing the play clock on that play. Pokies already rewriting history...

Judge Smails
12/7/2013, 05:42 PM
Saw one of them wanted Holder to file a lawsuit because the non INT call wasn't reviewed.

Really?

olevetonahill
12/7/2013, 05:47 PM
This is one of the most painful Bedlam Loses I can remember: Why? Because it was SO obvious to me that we were the better team on the field, but wouldn't couldn't turn it into a win. It felt like every bounce with the other way.... I guess some days are just like that.

I kinder Liked this one !
Aint the BEST team WINS?

aurorasooner
12/7/2013, 05:56 PM
I'm sure some of our meltdowns after losses are just as bad, however I don't think I've even seen anyone on any of our boards suggest that Joe C. should file a lawsuit, although there was a lot of hate (and rightly so) after that Whoregon fiasco. That just too freakin' funny. The sheep around Stoolwater better hide tonight.

btw, Baylor just went up on the whorns 17-3.

ouduckhunter
12/7/2013, 06:03 PM
Orange Ags will not get my attention until allegedly there are death threats against refs, and the booth replay people....as we allegedly did after the quack debacle per the Oregonian who can jump up and bite my old ***!!

stoopified
12/7/2013, 06:19 PM
We ain't doin' too bad for a team that is forced live in the shadow of T.Boone State If Ags wanna discuss missed call,what about the targeting call that was ignored against our te? There were two defensive PI that they should have been tagged with as well as 1 offensive PI. All in all the calls balanced out and as usual we won.

MichiganSooner
12/7/2013, 06:20 PM
From the Orangepower game thread. It doesn’t get any better than this.

Well, this could be Gundy last game. Texas maybe coming for him with an open checkbook

OSU should not play this game late in the year get it over with early that part of the problem with this series.

Should have been reviewed but Gilbert should have held on to the damn ball.

Why can we never beat these guys????

Out coached again by big game bob!

We used to have a name around here for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. And it isn't gooner magic.

How many times is this gonna happen before we stop losing games like this

just because the final score will go down in history as 'surprising blow-out', that doesn't mean Gundy's a bad coach. He really stomps Texas all the time - that's the only game that counts.

I've often cursed my father for raising me as a Poke fan. I keep wanting to walk away but they keep pulling me back in. I should have left after the 2011 season

And this doozy…

I wished we jumped the big 12 ship with the others, why play a game every year you have only a 15.6% winning percentage and look forward to playing them. Clearly 2011 was a fluke

SoCalBigRed
12/7/2013, 08:42 PM
Comments of the Day:

"This loss will hurt for years to come... Our status (in football) was cemented as little brother in the state of Oklahoma."

and the follow-up...

"And if it was cemented before - its bronzed now"

rock on sooner
12/7/2013, 08:48 PM
I kinder Liked this one !
Aint the BEST team WINS?

I have to confess that at the outset I thot we'd lose.( I bet otherwise, tho)
but when the early penalties stopped tha Pokes, I went, hmmm, then at
the start of the 3rd quarter and stuff just went our way, even though the
yardage favored the Pokies I got a warm feelin'....Boomer, by gawd, Sooner!
Aint it kewl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

picasso
12/9/2013, 01:21 AM
Just scrolled through gopokes.com.
The beef of the posts is that the cheating Gooner refs screwed them just like they have throughout history.
One guy said the opening play the penalty was called late.
That may be because there was TWO blatant holding penalties on said play.
Dorks.

DBrown
12/9/2013, 01:36 AM
Comments of the Day:

"This loss will hurt for years to come... Our status (in football) was cemented as little brother in the state of Oklahoma."

and the follow-up...

"And if it was cemented before - its bronzed now"
Better quit before it before it's converted to STAINLESS STEEL.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Long after life without people THIS WILL REMAIN......BOOMER!

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 02:57 AM
I have to confess that at the outset I thot we'd lose.( I bet otherwise, tho)
but when the early penalties stopped tha Pokes, I went, hmmm, then at
the start of the 3rd quarter and stuff just went our way, even though the
yardage favored the Pokies I got a warm feelin'....Boomer, by gawd, Sooner!
Aint it kewl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The beef of the posts is that the cheating Gooner refs screwed them just like they have throughout history.
Dorks.

I felt confidant going into the Game we would win Even said it would be a close one which it was. That last TD was a ****ing Gift ,

But after that Opening TD run I said WTF<WTF<WTF< over an over. Then The Flag and I said We got Lucky, Yet after watching the replay and the Hold that Runner would have gotten No more than 5 yards If Our Guy hadnt Been held. So It dint cost em a TD it cost em a few yards Lost on the penalty rather than a Legit 5 yard gain

Salt City Sooner
12/9/2013, 04:20 AM
Dorks.
Funny thing is, that same "cheating Gooner ref" crew did the RRS this year. Guess we didn't pay 'em enough that day.

Gotta love aggie logic. :D

Jacie
12/9/2013, 08:41 AM
There is one thread on orangepower, complete with screen shot showing the play clock at 00, that the fake FG should have been flagged for delay of game, an assertion that was debunked 6 posts later when it was pointed out that the head ref called for a reset.

It was then suggested that Boren forfeit the game so they could go to Tempe instead of Baylor.

At least one astute aggy noted that in losing state got a better game (playing mizzou rather than UCF) even though they wound up in a lesser bowl (Cotton for Fiesta).

Sooner in Tampa
12/9/2013, 08:57 AM
This made me snicker...talking about what bowl the Aggies are going to get invited to...

Facebook Candy Crush Bowl

KantoSooner
12/9/2013, 10:02 AM
All's well that ends well, but how you'd watch that game and think the officiating was biased against them is beyond me. From blatantly bad spots, to no-calls on PI (and, alternatively to PI calls for 'being in the vicinity'), to no-calls on holding (okay, that exists pretty much on any play from Pop Warner on up), to no-call on what is in the running for most obvious targetting of the year, the pokes got a shower of gifts from the zebras.
The bottom lilne of this game is that the pokes were simply unready to play this game. I have no idea why, but from Gundy on down, they did not show up. Thankfully, we didn't have to play the team that played Baylor. The truth of it is that the difference between most top match-ups is which team comes into the game with a mental edge. And we had it on Saturday.

picasso
12/9/2013, 02:23 PM
All's well that ends well, but how you'd watch that game and think the officiating was biased against them is beyond me. From blatantly bad spots, to no-calls on PI (and, alternatively to PI calls for 'being in the vicinity'), to no-calls on holding (okay, that exists pretty much on any play from Pop Warner on up), to no-call on what is in the running for most obvious targetting of the year, the pokes got a shower of gifts from the zebras.
The bottom lilne of this game is that the pokes were simply unready to play this game. I have no idea why, but from Gundy on down, they did not show up. Thankfully, we didn't have to play the team that played Baylor. The truth of it is that the difference between most top match-ups is which team comes into the game with a mental edge. And we had it on Saturday.
They adjusted to the zone read after halftime.
Perhaps that wasn't the OU team that lost to Baylor?

stoopified
12/9/2013, 02:33 PM
From the why play a game every year you have only a 15.6% winning percentage and look forward to playing them. Clearly 2011 was a fluke True dat

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2013, 03:26 PM
They adjusted to the zone read after halftime.

Up until halftime, it was very a very similar OU team. Offense only had 130yds and had put up 3 points - think that was very similar to the Baylor game. As much as I like TK, we didn't start moving the ball very well until he left the game. Our version of the zone read thing is in it's infancy compared to Auburn and Oregon. The passing aspect to burn an over-committed run defense must become more dangerous for it to really work.

lexsooner
12/9/2013, 03:32 PM
There is one thread on orangepower, complete with screen shot showing the play clock at 00, that the fake FG should have been flagged for delay of game, an assertion that was debunked 6 posts later when it was pointed out that the head ref called for a reset.

It was then suggested that Boren forfeit the game so they could go to Tempe instead of Baylor.

At least one astute aggy noted that in losing state got a better game (playing mizzou rather than UCF) even though they wound up in a lesser bowl (Cotton for Fiesta).

The whining and conspiracy theories are endless on OP. In addition to the obvious ones, various posters also claim: our TE on the fake fg play pushed an aggie in the back which was uncalled; while Bell was not past the line of scrimmage on his long pass, there was however an OU OL downfield which was not called; the refs helped OU so the Big 12 would have two BCS bowls and therefore more money; two intentional grounds were not called; the sideline interference flag should not have been retracted; and on it goes . . . .

The best comment was by the aggie responding to the poster who debunked the alleged lack of time on the play clock on the fake fg by pointing out the ref was calling for the play clock to be reset so there was actually time. The response was that he (the poster) timed it himself from the end of the previous play until the snap of the ball, and it was way more than 40 seconds. Either he's making this up, or this aggie has no life.

8timechamps
12/9/2013, 03:42 PM
Up until halftime, it was very a very similar OU team. Offense only had 130yds and had put up 3 points - think that was very similar to the Baylor game. As much as I like TK, we didn't start moving the ball very well until he left the game. Our version of the zone read thing is in it's infancy compared to Auburn and Oregon. The passing aspect to burn an over-committed run defense must become more dangerous for it to really work.

Offensively, I agree. Until the second half, our offense looked about the same. Defensively however, we were not the same team. Even though our defense played pretty damn good against Baylor, they played even better against OSU.

I keep hearing (even from Sooner fans) that if these teams played again, OSU would win, etc., etc. I don't agree with that. Our defense is very good. Against Baylor, they were good (but had no help offensively). Against Texas, well, injuries and attitude lost that game. Nonetheless, the vaunted OSU offense only managed 24 points, which is well below their season average of almost 40.

It would have been nice to have had more success on offense, but the defense outplayed OSU's offense.

KantoSooner
12/9/2013, 03:45 PM

Thankfully, not. Look, I'm not running down the victory; just saying that our edge was as much mental as anything else.

cherokeebrewer
12/9/2013, 03:48 PM
I noticed we even beat them in rasslin'

SoonerMarkVA
12/9/2013, 03:53 PM
Just rewatched that play -- ESpIN wasn't even showing the play clock on that play. Pokies already rewriting history...

I just rewatched it, and actually Poke has a point. If you watch carefully, just before the snap, you'll see that ESPN puts back up the usual gametrack stuff, and you can see the playclock is 0. It's pretty quick because they slide away from it just after the snap. Looks like we got away with one there.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/9/2013, 03:54 PM
We ain't doin' too bad for a team that is forced live in the shadow of T.Boone State If Ags wanna discuss missed call,what about the targeting call that was ignored against our te? There were two defensive PI that they should have been tagged with as well as 1 offensive PI. All in all the calls balanced out and as usual we won.

I'm sorry but the 3 HORRID 3rd down spots that cost us drives hurt more than anything.

SoonerMarkVA
12/9/2013, 03:58 PM
I'm sorry but the 3 HORRID 3rd down spots that cost us drives hurt more than anything.

Yeah, that line judge was -- something else.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/9/2013, 04:01 PM
Are we all banned from posting there?

Temujin
12/9/2013, 04:03 PM

So I wasn't the only one who thought that was targeting? Dude launched head first at the TE's helmet. It was the very definition of targeting - but not a single flag.

Funniest part of that sequence, though, is that when I saw we were running the fake FG, I immediately figured it was Stoops giving the middle finger to the refs for constantly trying to screw us on that drive.

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 04:14 PM
I just rewatched it, and actually Poke has a point. If you watch carefully, just before the snap, you'll see that ESPN puts back up the usual gametrack stuff, and you can see the playclock is 0. It's pretty quick because they slide away from it just after the snap. Looks like we got away with one there.

Rewatch the Game The Game clock is down to 2:41 after the Helmet to Helmet hit In the EZ(See what I did there)

Now watch the Game clock as the Ball is snapped for the Fake 2:41 After an Incomplete Pass and the Ball is set the Play clock starts Right?
The ball was set in Play we snapped it and pulled the fake.
Screw them Pukes.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2013, 04:39 PM

I don't know the rule in college. But when this has happened in NFL games, the announcer has explained that it's not a delay when the clock goes to zero, it's a delay when the ref says so, implying it's a judgement call. One would think it would be a reviewable call, but I can't remember it ever being challenged.

KantoSooner
12/9/2013, 04:42 PM

Once, maybe, could be a mistake. I do not believe you could do that multiple times in error. If not an error, then it was intentional. If intentional, then what was the motivation? Money? From whom? Personal bias? For what? Probably no way to ever know, but it wasn't accidental.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2013, 04:52 PM
Once, maybe, could be a mistake. I do not believe you could do that multiple times in error. If not an error, then it was intentional. If intentional, then what was the motivation? Money? From whom? Personal bias? For what? Probably no way to ever know, but it wasn't accidental.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetience. I thought the ball placement was questionable all day, but it is noticed more on 3rd down conversion.

jkjsooner
12/9/2013, 05:01 PM
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetience. I thought the ball placement was questionable all day, but it is noticed more on 3rd down conversion.

I have a problem with the procedure on the reviews. I don't think they can move the spot unless they are absolutely certain that there is a first down. Replay couldn't determine with certainty that there was a first down so according to the review instructions I think they were correct.

However, the guy had to be shaking his head on the one when he realized the spot was about a full yard off. I wish they could move the ball where they think it should be. Fourth in inches is a big difference from fourth and a little over a yard.

I hope the replay official told the on field guy, "I can't confirm there was a first down but my god was that a terrible spot."

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2013, 05:25 PM
I have a problem with the procedure on the reviews. I don't think they can move the spot unless they are absolutely certain that there is a first down. Replay couldn't determine with certainty that there was a first down so according to the review instructions I think they were correct.

However, the guy had to be shaking his head on the one when he realized the spot was about a full yard off. I wish they could move the ball where they think it should be. Fourth in inches is a big difference from fourth and a little over a yard.

I hope the replay official told the on field guy, "I can't confirm there was a first down but my god was that a terrible spot."

Maybe that's true in the college rules, but i have seen them re-spot the ball upon a challenge in the pros and then measure for a first. But challenges are much more important in the NFL, so I could see the ruling difference. But I have to disagree on the first play in question. It sure looked absolutely obvious it was a first down from the replay. You could clearly see the ball on top of Saunders hands and he was on the ground, so there should be no ball movement after the catch. I was very surprised replayed didn't declare first down. The second one didn't have the same great angle with some question of when his knees hit. The spot was bogus, but very hard to move precisely via replay. And after the first review, I certainly didn't expect an overturn on the second one (nor the TD to our TE, nor the INT by the poke..., etc).

Salt City Sooner
12/9/2013, 07:04 PM
Offensively, I agree. Until the second half, our offense looked about the same. Defensively however, we were not the same team. Even though our defense played pretty damn good against Baylor, they played even better against OSU.

I keep hearing (even from Sooner fans) that if these teams played again, OSU would win, etc., etc. I don't agree with that. Our defense is very good. Against Baylor, they were good (but had no help offensively). Against Texas, well, injuries and attitude lost that game. Nonetheless, the vaunted OSU offense only managed 24 points, which is well below their season average of almost 40.

It would have been nice to have had more success on offense, but the defense outplayed OSU's offense.
I think we got a little un-intentional help from OSU (not that I minded it one bit :) ) in that department. At the half, they had 158 on the ground (& were a hold away from 75 more), & had only attempted 12 throws. So what do they do in the 2nd half? Wing it 23 times.

FirstandGoal
12/9/2013, 10:39 PM

This times infinity.

After the completely ****ty spots and the non-call targeting on our TE (after he had already made a TD, BTW) aggots have zero grounds to bitch and moan.

bluedogok
12/9/2013, 10:46 PM
The best comment was by the aggie responding to the poster who debunked the alleged lack of time on the play clock on the fake fg by pointing out the ref was calling for the play clock to be reset so there was actually time. The response was that he (the poster) timed it himself from the end of the previous play until the snap of the ball, and it was way more than 40 seconds. Either he's making this up, or this aggie has no life.
It doesn't matter how many actual seconds lapse between plays, it has to do with when the play clock is reset by the officials. They control the time, not the scoreboard operator.

soonergirlNeugene
12/9/2013, 11:05 PM
There is a huge thread (like 15 pages) over there talking about how the fake FG was snapped after the play clock ran out.

olevetonahill
12/9/2013, 11:22 PM
Rewatch the Game The Game clock is down to 2:41 after the Helmet to Helmet hit In the EZ(See what I did there)

Now watch the Game clock as the Ball is snapped for the Fake 2:41 After an Incomplete Pass and the Ball is set the Play clock starts Right?
Screw them Pukes.

There is a huge thread (like 15 pages) over there talking about how the fake FG was snapped after the play clock ran out.

They will NEVER understand it tho !

radio
12/9/2013, 11:31 PM

It looked like OU had a lineman downfield on that play. I think it was #77. Good no call!:)

EatLeadCommie
12/10/2013, 12:04 AM
So I wasn't the only one who thought that was targeting? Dude launched head first at the TE's helmet. It was the very definition of targeting - but not a single flag.

Funniest part of that sequence, though, is that when I saw we were running the fake FG, I immediately figured it was Stoops giving the middle finger to the refs for constantly trying to screw us on that drive.

I wondered myself about the whole targeting thing and figure it wasn't called because his helmet hit the ball and knocked it loose. I don't know if there is an exception to the targeting rule if you use the helmet to jar the ball loose.

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2013, 01:02 AM
It looked like OU had a lineman downfield on that play. I think it was #77. Good no call!:)

No, I just watched the replay and the linemen were fine. The rule does not state that a lineman cannot cross the line of scrimmage, it says they must be within a couple of yards of the neutral zone (whatever that is). The Bama fans discussed this at length because of the Auburn pass play that tied their game with :32 to go. Even the Bama fans agreed the play was legal even though Auburn lineman were not strictly behind the original LOS. I'm not sure how the refs call this, but these zone option schemes that include a pass option would all be illegal if lineman had to be strictly behind the LOS. It seems to allow them to push the DL guys they engage with back, but no going downfield to block the 2nd level.

picasso
12/10/2013, 01:25 AM
Let them think they got hosed. That will just keep them up more at night.

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2013, 01:31 AM
Let them think they got hosed. That will just keep them up more at night.

Exactly! If they think they lost fair and square, they vent at their coaches for a day and move on. If they think they got screwed, they never get over it. Checkmate.

Landthief 1972
12/10/2013, 12:26 PM
The hit on the TE was a legal hit. If you watch carefully, he leads with both hands onto the ball, then the helmet comes forward and pushes the ball into the top half of the face mask, where it then pops up over and behind the TE. At least that's how it looked last night when I watched the rebroadcast.

wishbonesooner
12/10/2013, 02:16 PM
Over on gopokes.com, they are still blaming the refs for the loss. One guy says he heard people talking about running onto the field after one call, and those in agreement with him say that's what they need to do to stop the obvious OU bias!!

tycat947
12/10/2013, 02:20 PM
This times infinity.

After the completely ****ty spots and the non-call targeting on our TE (after he had already made a TD, BTW) aggots have zero grounds to bitch and moan.

BUT they will! And they were complaining about calls last year.

picasso
12/10/2013, 02:54 PM
Scott Verolank is on record saying OU gets favor in home games.
It's a sickness folks.

KantoSooner
12/10/2013, 04:01 PM
It's tedious, but easy to understand. They are people who are essentially failures at things of a social nature, like team sports. 'Strong, Silent Types' if you will, but also 'Inarticulate Loners'. They look at OU with resentment, envy and hurt because those things OU does so well, and so naturally are utterly beyond them.
To admit this truth about themselves is, of course, horribly painful. Like the realization that one's own parents love a sibling more, they have heard from early in the last century that little bit of extra enthusiasm and honest joy when the state cheers for OU. To compensate, they have resorted to the delusional creation of a pathetic fantasy world in which they get to be the hero. That this requires them to accept as real things that are ham-handed, childish constructs is all the more heart breaking in that they don't seem to realize that their ludicrous capering is seen through so easily.
Be kind to pokes, their devotion to the 'myth of the crooked referee' is more sad than annoying, really.

SoonerMarkVA
12/10/2013, 04:12 PM
I don't know the rule in college. But when this has happened in NFL games, the announcer has explained that it's not a delay when the clock goes to zero, it's a delay when the ref says so, implying it's a judgement call. One would think it would be a reviewable call, but I can't remember it ever being challenged.

Yeah, the time is with the refs, absolutely. If the playclock was wrong, then it's sure hard for everyone watching to know. I can accept that as a possibility. I can also accept why Poke would be outraged based on the clock controlled from the booth.

rock on sooner
12/10/2013, 04:20 PM

Given that one time the announcer said that OU should just skip third
down and go straight to 4th, the refs prolly heard that and wanted to
see if OU really would!:wink:

Kanto, I'm with you on the no accident thing...just too many times...

TAFBSooner
12/10/2013, 10:40 PM
From the Orangepower game thread. It doesn’t get any better than this.

OSU should not play this game late in the year get it over with early that part of the problem with this series.

. . .

I wished we jumped the big 12 ship with the others, why play a game every year you have only a 15.6% winning percentage and look forward to playing them. Clearly 2011 was a fluke

I remember Pokie being all excited about playing us the last regular season game of the year, when the conference first started scheduling us then. Now that Bob and his team get Thanksgiving off, and we have no championship game to prepare for, I'm quite satisfied to ruin oswhose seasons for them.

radio
12/11/2013, 06:31 PM
No, I just watched the replay and the linemen were fine. The rule does not state that a lineman cannot cross the line of scrimmage, it says they must be within a couple of yards of the neutral zone (whatever that is). The Bama fans discussed this at length because of the Auburn pass play that tied their game with :32 to go. Even the Bama fans agreed the play was legal even though Auburn lineman were not strictly behind the original LOS. I'm not sure how the refs call this, but these zone option schemes that include a pass option would all be illegal if lineman had to be strictly behind the LOS. It seems to allow them to push the DL guys they engage with back, but no going downfield to block the 2nd level.

Good to know.

SoonerStormchaser
12/11/2013, 06:36 PM
It's still funny that they're wrapped around the axle four days later...enough already guys, give it up...it's not like you got Ducked by Gordon Reise!

picasso
12/11/2013, 06:55 PM
I remember Pokie being all excited about playing us the last regular season game of the year, when the conference first started scheduling us then. Now that Bob and his team get Thanksgiving off, and we have no championship game to prepare for, I'm quite satisfied to ruin oswhose seasons for them.
So true! They actually thought that Stoops lobbied to have the game moved to the middle of the season.
Dorks.

Soonerjeepman
12/11/2013, 07:28 PM
I felt confidant going into the Game we would win Even said it would be a close one which it was. That last TD was a ****ing Gift ,

But after that Opening TD run I said WTF<WTF<WTF< over an over. Then The Flag and I said We got Lucky, Yet after watching the replay and the Hold that Runner would have gotten No more than 5 yards If Our Guy hadnt Been held. So It dint cost em a TD it cost em a few yards Lost on the penalty rather than a Legit 5 yard gain

I was screaming HOLDING HOLDING HOLDING......couldn't believe they didn't call it...but my eyes are better than urs! lol

Soonerjeepman
12/11/2013, 07:43 PM

or...dude you got shi% in your eyes....that's a horrible spot, FOR THE THIRD TIME...

olevetonahill
12/11/2013, 08:03 PM
I was screaming HOLDING HOLDING HOLDING......couldn't believe they didn't call it...but my eyes are better than urs! lol

I dint get to see the entire Play. so Guess yer eyes are better LOL

Mazeppa
12/11/2013, 08:29 PM

Here's some screen shots:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2lveqkw.jpg

Mazeppa
12/11/2013, 08:30 PM
Look's like good spots to me. NOT!

oudivesherpa
12/11/2013, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=BoulderSooner79;4254118]Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetience.

Now I understand Obamacare.

stoopified
12/11/2013, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=BoulderSooner79;4254118]Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetience.

Now I understand Obamacare. Heh

OkieThunderLion
12/11/2013, 09:32 PM
The Poke ref talk amuses the hell out of me.

They were godawful, but clearly not favoring either team.

BoulderSooner79
12/12/2013, 12:50 AM
The frame on the upper left shows the worst call. It's bad enough the ref got it wrong by a full yard, but the egregious mistake was the review team letting it stand. It was so clear cut, I figured any review after that one would be hopeless.

Salt City Sooner
12/12/2013, 01:12 AM
One that I couldn't believe was the OPI on Clay on the first drive. The only way that ball was going to be caught was if someone was standing on a ladder with a butterfly net.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/12/2013, 01:20 AM
The frame on the upper left shows the worst call. It's bad enough the ref got it wrong by a full yard, but the egregious mistake was the review team letting it stand. It was so clear cut, I figured any review after that one would be hopeless.I am so used to getting screwed by the refs so much for many many years, I sort of expect it anymore. I am astounded when it DOESN'T happen.

OkieThunderLion
12/12/2013, 02:35 AM
The frame on the upper left shows the worst call. It's bad enough the ref got it wrong by a full yard, but the egregious mistake was the review team letting it stand. It was so clear cut, I figured any review after that one would be hopeless.

The only thing that could explain it is the review official only looked to see if it was a completion and didn't even consider the spot.

PrideMom
12/12/2013, 10:45 AM
All OSU had to do was play like they did against Baylor, but they didn't! They need to give it up complaining about the ref's calls. There were poor calls and good calls on both sides. That is part of any game. OSU needed to play better, and it was GREAT to see the attitude by the OU team that we were NOT going to lose to OSU!! A fun game! And I am going to say it now....just wait for NEXT year when OSU has to come to Norman.

picasso
12/12/2013, 11:37 AM
One that I couldn't believe was the OPI on Clay on the first drive. The only way that ball was going to be caught was if someone was standing on a ladder with a butterfly net.

Horrible call. The play before that TK pitches to Shep he scores.

picasso
12/12/2013, 11:39 AM
I am so used to getting screwed by the refs so much for many many years, I sort of expect it anymore. I am astounded when it DOESN'T happen.

I would love to see a stat on Stoops' red flag challenges. We had a stretch for a few yrs where it was just completely useless.

LakeRat
12/12/2013, 03:19 PM

Screw them Pukes.

The "game clock" and "play clock" are two different things...

The play clock is what triggers delay of games. Which means it will never be at 2:41.

LakeRat
12/12/2013, 03:22 PM
Scott Verolank is on record saying OU gets favor in home games.
It's a sickness folks.

As a HS official, I can say that whether I plan on it or not, crowd anxiety will do that. On, OPI/DPI especially. The crowd starts begging for a call... You look at it closer.

Now if the crowd begs too much and is dumb... it actually will influence me the other way and I start to think that if they want something, it probably wasn't there...

With the knowlege level of Sooner fans vs. OSU fans... I am going with this may have some validity.

picasso
12/12/2013, 03:26 PM
As a HS official, I can say that whether I plan on it or not, crowd anxiety will do that. On, OPI/DPI especially. The crowd starts begging for a call... You look at it closer.

Now if the crowd begs too much and is dumb... it actually will influence me the other way and I start to think that if they want something, it probably wasn't there...

With the knowlege level of Sooner fans vs. OSU fans... I am going with this may have some validity.
Well, using this logic wouldn't oSu also get favorable calls when playing in Stillwater?

Verplank fail.

LakeRat
12/12/2013, 03:37 PM
Well, using this logic wouldn't oSu also get favorable calls when playing in Stillwater?

Verplank fail.

Reread it. Lack of knowlegeable OSU fans actually will hurt their calls.

swardboy
12/12/2013, 03:47 PM
I think he meant that what Verplank said would indicate favorable calls for OSU IN Stillwater, vs. Verplank's logic of the calls going our way when playing there.

picasso
12/12/2013, 04:01 PM
Reread it. Lack of knowlegeable OSU fans actually will hurt their calls.
Ah got ya. Thanks.

picasso
12/12/2013, 04:03 PM
I think he meant that what Verplank said would indicate favorable calls for OSU IN Stillwater, vs. Verplank's logic of the calls going our way when playing there.
Yes. Let's just agree that nobody understans Poke logic.

KantoSooner
12/13/2013, 09:40 AM
"Poke" + "Logic" = Permanent Fatal Error/Please Contact System Administrator Immediately To Avoid Hardware Damage

PrideMom
12/13/2013, 11:08 AM
"Poke" + "Logic" = Permanent Fatal Error/Please Contact System Administrator Immediately To Avoid Hardware Damage

Fabulous comment! LOL