PDA

View Full Version : Nice Job Mr. Bell

FaninAma
12/7/2013, 03:49 PM
Good solid performance. I really respect this kid as a team player. Keeps his head up and does what is asked of him. I understand a lot of players deserve credit today especially on defense but I respect the heck out of the way Blake accepts his role and coach's decisions. Kudos.

soonerfan69
12/7/2013, 03:51 PM
Yep gotta give the man his props that was a perfect pass to win it

70sooner
12/7/2013, 04:07 PM
I don't care what happens next year, Blake Bell has cemented his place in OU folklore with his wins over ND and this one over OSWho.

Unbelievable game and unbelievable poise by the whole team and staff!

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2013, 04:10 PM
I don't care what happens next year, Blake Bell has cemented his place in OU folklore with his wins over ND and this one over OSWho.

Unbelievable game and unbelievable poise by the whole team and staff!

Yes! And it was Bell that ran over that Poke on 4th down to get to OT last season.

BB37
12/7/2013, 04:23 PM
Blake Bell played the game of his life today. Well done!

ouduckhunter
12/7/2013, 04:37 PM
Way to go Blake!!! You stepped in and handled business when you needed to!! Great game!

dennis580
12/7/2013, 05:40 PM
I think that last drive is going to give Bell a shot to compete for the starting QB position next year. Not saying that Bell is go to win job, but I am saying he is going to be given the chance to compete for the job.

Soonerjeepman
12/7/2013, 05:43 PM
def props to him...he played well. So did the D and special teams played really well.

swardboy
12/7/2013, 05:45 PM
Post-game commentary said he only got about 5 reps this week.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/7/2013, 05:45 PM
Agree. Bell is a team player. Never a hint of any pouting over whether he should or not be the starter, just does what he's assigned to to the best of his abilities. An example of class.

KillJoy208
12/7/2013, 05:50 PM
Bell has class and delivered when he had to. Sometimes hard work will win over pure talent.

FaninAma
12/7/2013, 09:20 PM
Blake may not be the most talented player at his position but he deserves the respect and support of every Sooner fan out there. He is a team player.

hawaii 5-0
12/7/2013, 09:23 PM
It's been fun watching Bell improve his passing skills over the season. The fade route in the corner to win it was perfect even if he stared down the receiver.

A well thrown ball.

5-0

picasso
12/7/2013, 09:34 PM
He answered the call!

FaninAma
12/8/2013, 09:57 AM
I actually think Bell will be a better player next year. Most QBs improve significantly between their first and second years as starters.

VA Sooner
12/8/2013, 10:13 AM
Great job, Blake. Through the toughest pressure, you handled it well and led an amazing series down the field and a beautiful fade pass to the endzone with only 1:46 on the clock in tough weather and in a tough venue.

Thank you for this year's bedlam win. The team came together and Sooner Nation thanks all of you.

olevetonahill
12/8/2013, 10:43 AM
Im proud of him. If he starts the Bowl game i hope he does just as well if not better. I dont believe we should be playing Musical chairs with our QBs tho. Pick one Play him then bring in the 2nd an 3rd ones AFTER we have the win.

FaninAma
12/8/2013, 11:27 AM
Im proud of him. If he starts the Bowl game i hope he does just as well if not better. I dont believe we should be playing Musical chairs with our QBs tho. Pick one Play him then bring in the 2nd an 3rd ones AFTER we have the win.

I actually think Bell and Knight complement each other well. I think it makes it harder for defenses to prepare for OU if both players play. I think if Knight had played in the Texas game OU would have won because it was obvious Texas had prepped for 3 weeks for Bell.

Additionally, it looks like Knight is a little injury prone.

olevetonahill
12/8/2013, 01:05 PM
I actually think Bell and Knight complement each other well. I think it makes it harder for defenses to prepare for OU if both players play. I think if Knight had played in the Texas game OU would have won because it was obvious Texas had prepped for 3 weeks for Bell.

Additionally, it looks like Knight is a little injury prone.

I DGAS if we have to Play all 3 of em, Just Win.