PDA

View Full Version : Check Out This Box Score

Eielson
12/7/2013, 01:47 AM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncw/boxscore?gameId=400503703

Apparently it's the highest scoring NCAAW basketball game ever. I'm not sure if I'm more shocked by the 263 points, or the 80 fouls. So many weird numbers. Jennifer O'Neill came off the bench for Kentucky and scored 43 points. Here's my favorite number, though...4/5 Baylor starters fouled out, and 3 more off the bench brought the total to 7. Kentucky added three more to run the total number of players fouled out to 10. I can't imagine what was going through Skeletor's mind when even her bench was being depleted due to foul trouble.

tycat947
12/7/2013, 10:49 PM
Wonder if she tried another striptease for the game???

8timechamps
12/7/2013, 10:53 PM
Tried to tune in for the Men's game (same teams), and as soon as I turned it on, I looked at the score (not realizing it was in the 4th OT), and I thought it was a WNBA game. Only saw the last minute or so, but Baylor came really close to hitting the three to send it into the 5th OT.

What shocked me was with about 15 seconds to go, Baylor was down 2, and Kentucky had the ball. There was about 3 seconds differential between the play clock and the shot clock, and for some unknown reason, Skeeletor didn't elect to foul Kentucky. With just a few seconds left, Baylor fouled, but it wasted at least a possession. I honestly think she had such limited players that she was ready for the game to end.

Pretty crazy.

Eielson
12/7/2013, 11:41 PM
Tried to tune in for the Men's game (same teams), and as soon as I turned it on, I looked at the score (not realizing it was in the 4th OT), and I thought it was a WNBA game. Only saw the last minute or so, but Baylor came really close to hitting the three to send it into the 5th OT.

What shocked me was with about 15 seconds to go, Baylor was down 2, and Kentucky had the ball. There was about 3 seconds differential between the play clock and the shot clock, and for some unknown reason, Skeeletor didn't elect to foul Kentucky. With just a few seconds left, Baylor fouled, but it wasted at least a possession. I honestly think she had such limited players that she was ready for the game to end.

Pretty crazy.

That's crazy. I never thought a coach would have to consider not fouling late in a game just to have a team to put on the court. 7 of their top 9 fouled out, and the other two had 4 fouls. I wonder if they would have even had enough eligible players to play in the 5OT. Are there even 14 active players for NCAAW games? I think the rule is that if you're down to five players, instead of fouling out, each foul after 4 is two-shots and the ball. I've never actually seen that rule implemented, though, so I wasn't sure if it was real.