PDA

View Full Version : Travis Lewis suspended

badger
12/3/2013, 05:05 PM
:( Another Lewis on the Lions about to cut :(

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/nfl/former-ou-linebacker-lewis-suspended-under-nfl-s-substance-policy/article_0043edc6-5c62-11e3-aff8-001a4bcf6878.html)

Despite this, it's amazing he's been on the roster so long, being a seventh rounder that primarily plays special teams

8timechamps
12/3/2013, 05:08 PM
Not too surprising badg, there are a lot of guys in the NFL that are only special teams players. Still, if he doesn't improve to a level that he can contribute more, his time in Detroit could be limited.

badger
12/3/2013, 05:15 PM
There are two differences that might save him from the same fate as Ronnell Lewis.

First, he didn't get arrested. Second, he's been with the team longer.

I really hope he gets past this and can return. It makes me hate the Lions less if there are Sooners on the roster

8timechamps
12/3/2013, 05:19 PM
I think it helps that Travis is playing behind an 8 year player that appears to be on the back side of his career. I'm not sure their would be a lot of drop off if Travis took Tulloch's spot.

Scott D
12/4/2013, 01:05 PM
I think it helps that Travis is playing behind an 8 year player that appears to be on the back side of his career. I'm not sure their would be a lot of drop off if Travis took Tulloch's spot.

Depends on what you might view as a drop off. Tulloch is the play caller for the D, I'd say that Lewis has a shot at Levy's spot, but that was before Levy stepped up his play this season.

badger
12/4/2013, 01:30 PM
Depends on what you might view as a drop off. Tulloch is the play caller for the D, I'd say that Lewis has a shot at Levy's spot, but that was before Levy stepped up his play this season.

I wouldn't say that Travis is necessarily competing with Tulloch, as he is with whoever they draft at linebacker in 2014. I'd say it's inevitable at this point, because as 8time noted, the starter's an 8 year veteran. Hopefully, they'll just take a flier on an undrafted free agent or a late rounder. If they use an earlier pick, Travis will probably be on the chopping block come August :(

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/4/2013, 02:54 PM
There are two differences that might save him from the same fate as Ronnell Lewis.

First, he didn't get arrested. Second, he's been with the team longer.

I really hope he gets past this and can return. It makes me hate the Lions less if there are Sooners on the roster

You forgot that it was a PED suspension. For whatever reason, teams will look past those if they think the player is trying to get better.

badger
12/4/2013, 03:00 PM
if they think the player is trying to get better.

think he was trying to enhance his performance? ;)

Scott D
12/4/2013, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't say that Travis is necessarily competing with Tulloch, as he is with whoever they draft at linebacker in 2014. I'd say it's inevitable at this point, because as 8time noted, the starter's an 8 year veteran. Hopefully, they'll just take a flier on an undrafted free agent or a late rounder. If they use an earlier pick, Travis will probably be on the chopping block come August :(

he has value as a special teams player. he's seen the field in substitution situations. But, no he isn't competing with Tulloch for playing time, he'd be competing against Levy. However, Levy stepped up his play this season.

badger
12/4/2013, 04:17 PM
he has value as a special teams player. he's seen the field in substitution situations. But, no he isn't competing with Tulloch for playing time, he'd be competing against Levy. However, Levy stepped up his play this season.

Shows you how well I know the Detroit Lions... I know them so well I thought my Packers would win on Thanksgiving. Silly silly me :(:(:(:(:(

Scott D
12/4/2013, 04:20 PM
Shows you how well I know the Detroit Lions... I know them so well I thought my Packers would win on Thanksgiving. Silly silly me :(:(:(:(:(

that's because your Packers are so awesome with Rodgers on the sidelines ;)

badger
12/4/2013, 04:47 PM
that's because your Packers are so awesome with Rodgers on the sidelines ;)

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFj3zW1zMLvrO8ZA2ID6klcnp1wos-DFcMQ51ROhEibhYeY-FUWQ

If I had a third bird to flip, I'd had one for every Rodgers backup that sucked. Alas, I'm a chick

8timechamps
12/4/2013, 06:08 PM

The only reason I assumed he was behind Tulloch was because on their two-deep, that's where they have him. Since I know that those aren't always accurate, I'll defer to your knowledge here (given that you are local).

As for Tulloch, he's been a solid player, but there's no question that he's on the back end of his career.

C&CDean
12/4/2013, 06:22 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFj3zW1zMLvrO8ZA2ID6klcnp1wos-DFcMQ51ROhEibhYeY-FUWQ

If I had a third bird to flip, I'd had one for every Rodgers backup that sucked. Alas, I'm a chick

Alas, it is so very difficult to watch our beloved Pack look like Northwestern in the throes of their record forever losing streak...

Hard to believe one guy can make that much of a difference in a football game. Oh well, when does baseball start? Go Cards!

badger
12/5/2013, 09:56 AM
Hard to believe one guy can make that much of a difference in a football game. Oh well, when does baseball start? Go Cards!

I am a Brewers fan, so I know losing a key player can suck, but how you lose them can make it suck more --- I'm Jewish and the tester was anti-Semetic! And a Cubs fan! gag

So anyways, perhaps you should support a more loser baseball program so that the Packer losses will be easier to take. Houston Astros could probably fill your needs

8timechamps
12/5/2013, 05:25 PM
Hey Dean and badg, there's plenty of room on the Bronco bandwagon. If you get on now, it won't look as bad as if you wait until we win the Super Bowl.

dwarthog
12/5/2013, 05:42 PM
As long as you don't have to play Brady again in a cold weather venue....

OkieThunderLion
12/6/2013, 12:20 AM
Adderall. ADD medicine. Same thing Hartley was busted for, right?

OkieThunderLion
12/6/2013, 12:23 AM
10% of MLB players are on it (legally - with exemptions).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/12/01/mlb-adderall-use-exemptions-119-carlos-ruiz/3796897/

badger
12/6/2013, 10:21 AM
Hey Dean and badg, there's plenty of room on the Bronco bandwagon. If you get on now, it won't look as bad as if you wait until we win the Super Bowl.

Think I can get a Tebow jersey on the cheap?

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2013, 10:28 AM
Think I can get a Tebow jersey on the cheap?

Collect them all - Broncos, Jets, Pats. 3 for 1 pricing. The gator one is probably still expensive and comes with a pair of jorts, like it or not.

Scott D
12/6/2013, 05:06 PM
As long as you don't have to play anyone who can stop the run, and or Brady again in a cold weather venue....

;)

Since71ASooner4Life
12/7/2013, 10:04 AM

Now we get to the crux of the Lions hating hehehe. I'd hate them too if my team had been beaten to a pulp this GB was

Scott D
12/8/2013, 08:10 PM
Haven't the Viqueens caught the Packers yet?