PDA

View Full Version : Waaah! Waaah! Waaah!

Jacie
12/3/2013, 11:17 AM
Alabama fans claim Chris Davis was out of bounds, create petition to have overtime

By Graham Watson
Dr. Saturday

After Alabama fans watched Auburn kick returner Chris Davis dash their hopes of a third consecutive national championship, one decided to take to the Internet and ask for a do-over.

The fan, Tracy C. from Hoover, Ala., created a petition on change.org saying Davis actually stepped out of bounds and thus the play never counted. Tracy wants the teams to come back to the field and play an overtime to decide the true winner of the game.

Here’s the text of the petition:

Chris Davis from Auburn was clearly out of bounds in running the missed field goal back for a touchdown in the 2013 Iron Bowl. There was way to much riding on this game for that to have been missed- a SEC Championship and National Championship. I think they should put together an overtime play for Auburn and Alabama. Yes, I know how impossible that sounds and how much trouble it will be BUT sometimes you have to make wrongs RIGHT and with so much riding on that game the SEC and NCAA needs to make it right for the players, university, fans, coaches, SEC and SPORTS in general. And if they don't like the hassel then go out and make sure your employees, the refs, are not making such HUGE mistakes. And the refs needs to be punished for not even reviewing the play because it wasn't even close- he was CLEARLY out of bounds. Its not fair to say that this is over and overtime can't be played now just because of how much trouble this would be to put together. It was wrong....and you need to make it right regardless of the hassel.
SEC and NCAA- do the right thing and make this right for everyone involved!!

I’ll pause for a moment while Auburn and the rest of the college football-loving country – outside of Alabama fans of course – stop laughing.

Tracy’s claim that Davis stepped out of bounds isn’t that far-fetched; it's a conspiracy theory that's been going around since the conclusion of the game. There is one moment, as Davis is cruising up the sidelines, where the ball of his foot is dangerously close to the sideline and his heel hovers into the white. But the heel never touches the ground, so he was never ruled out.

At the time of this posting, more than 700 people had signed Tracy’s petition.

Sadly, all of those signatures will be all for naught. No chance they brings these teams back to play overtime. Never happened in the history of college football and certainly won’t happen on a play that was actually called correctly.

The best situation Bama fans can hope for now is losses by Florida State and Ohio State in their respective conference championship games to set up an Iron Bowl rematch in the national championship.

PrideMom
12/3/2013, 11:20 AM
All Alabama had to do was hold Auburn for the last two minutes of the game......does this sound familiar?

Jason White's Third Knee
12/3/2013, 11:20 AM
First down, Oregon!

Yeah, whatever.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/3/2013, 11:25 AM
I'm going to go sign it...brb

jkjsooner
12/3/2013, 11:39 AM
If you pause this at :23 when his right heel is on the 36 yard line, I think that is where you're saying the heel was up. But I don't think even if the heel had come down he would be out of bounds. It certainly looks to me like he had room to put his heel down without going out of bounds. I see green on the other side of his foot and from that angle you could be inbounds even when you don't see any green.

It's a pretty absurd argument. He was clearly in bounds - at least at that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v1EVSn95yk

stoops the eternal pimp
12/3/2013, 11:44 AM
Petition was closed before I could vote..I guess this means take the W off the board for Auburn.

jkjsooner
12/3/2013, 11:49 AM
Here's a better one. It matches perfectly with the one in the video I described above.

Again it looks like his heel might have been out of bounds had it come down but that's a very deceptive angle and I don't think it would have been. (Kinda a moot point since it didn't come down but just using it to emphasis how it really wasn't that close.)

http://s763.photobucket.com/user/ksjdhfskjdhf/media/2013-12-0122_58_41_zpsef1bd36b.gif.html

Now if you compare this with the picture on the petition it's clear the petition pic was photoshopped. It doesn't even look like a good photoshop job.

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2013, 11:57 AM
Amazing how the guy runs w/o putting his heels down. He sure does cut it close; guess he has a great sense of drama ;)

The other thing that struck me during that run was how a teammate runs so close beside him the last 20 yards. I was just waiting for them to get their feet tangled up and trip.

SoonerMarkVA
12/3/2013, 12:06 PM
Yup. Dude was in. Pretty amazing field awareness, unless he just happens to run never dropping his right heel!

Widescreen
12/3/2013, 12:40 PM
The other thing that struck me during that run was how a teammate runs so close beside him the last 20 yards. I was just waiting for them to get their feet tangled up and trip.
That's the first thing I thought of when I watched that play. The guy with the ball turns and looks back and I was thinking how lucky he was that the guy to his left didn't tangle him up.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/3/2013, 01:32 PM
Sprinting is a forefoot strike but he exaggerated it. I was impressed that he could contort his gait that way and stay in bounds. Wild looking in slow-mo.

badger
12/3/2013, 02:21 PM
Can't they just claim a national championship this year without having to win it for real now?

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2013, 04:46 PM
That's the first thing I thought of when I watched that play. The guy with the ball turns and looks back and I was thinking how lucky he was that the guy to his left didn't tangle him up.

That would have been worse than the dummies that drop the ball before crossing the goal line. That would make 2 dummies! Had that happened with Bama winning in OT, it would have proven that Saban took up that deal with the devil when the previous deal with Les Miles expired.

picasso
12/3/2013, 04:55 PM
Get some perspective on life there Bama folk.

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2013, 05:28 PM

They have and the conclusion is that life is over.

Salt City Sooner
12/3/2013, 07:41 PM
A female Bama fan murdered another fan because the victim wasn't upset enough in her eyes. I'm not sure I'd be holding my breath too long on the perspective thing.

cvsooner
12/3/2013, 07:55 PM
It's tough dealing with the realization that they're not the best team in the SEC, the best team in the SEC West, the best team in the state or the best team in the country.

This could not have happened to a more deserving fanbase.

8timechamps
12/3/2013, 08:27 PM
Amazing how the guy runs w/o putting his heels down. He sure does cut it close; guess he has a great sense of drama ;)

See: Trevor Knight

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2013, 08:41 PM
See: Trevor Knight

Trevor Knight has a great sense of drama? I knew it!

:surprise:

aurorasooner
12/3/2013, 09:17 PM

The other thing that struck me during that run was how a teammate runs so close beside him the last 20 yards. I was just waiting for them to get their feet tangled up and trip. Thought exactly the same thing. That blocker was so excited that I thought he might somehow knock him down short of the goal line. I'm really glad it didn't happen, but I guess I do feel for the 'Bama fans because if that had been us playing the whorns or stool state, I'd be pizzed. The Bama FG attempt was damned good for as far away as the kicker was. At least he didn't pull hook it like most of the college kickers do when they try to put too much foot into it.

SoonerForLife92
12/3/2013, 10:05 PM
Thought exactly the same thing. That blocker was so excited that I thought he might somehow knock him down short of the goal line. I'm really glad it didn't happen, but I guess I do feel for the 'Bama fans because if that had been us playing the whorns or stool state, I'd be pizzed. The Bama FG attempt was damned good for as far away as the kicker was. At least he didn't pull hook it like most of the college kickers do when they try to put too much foot into it.

He's wishing he would of

Mac94
12/4/2013, 10:41 AM
Maybe they need to focus their blame on the real reason they lost .... Sports Illistrated and the ol cover jinx! ;)
http://sicollegefootball.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/aj-mccarron-cover.jpg

picasso
12/4/2013, 12:09 PM
The best ever? No better than Steve Davis, if we're playing that game.