PDA

View Full Version : bears or horns...

Soonerjeepman
12/3/2013, 11:10 AM
since it'll come down to one of those 2 winning the big 12 (I'm assuming OU beats osu)...

who do ya want?

bears - not as obnoxious...excpet for Sicem, lol...but it will help legitmasize their "power"...to eveyone else..

horns - maybe keep mack around...

not sure who I would rather see...prob bears

olevetonahill
12/3/2013, 11:12 AM
since it'll come down to one of those 2 winning the big 12 (I'm assuming OU beats osu)...

who do ya want?

bears - not as obnoxious...excpet for Sicem, lol...but it will help legitmasize their "power"...to eveyone else..

horns - maybe keep mack around...

not sure who I would rather see...prob bears

Baylor, Simple.

SoonerMarkVA
12/3/2013, 11:13 AM
da' bears.

That whorn is even in the discussion is disgusting after the national embarrassment they laid on the XII during non-conference.

Position Limit
12/3/2013, 11:15 AM
is this what a rhetorical question looks like? i'm starting to understand the mentality around here.

PrideMom
12/3/2013, 11:18 AM
NEVER, EVER TEXAS! Anyone but them. Always over rated, and the refs help them win......ask Mark Mangino....

Jason White's Third Knee
12/3/2013, 11:27 AM
Bears. No question. Notwithstanding Sic'em's onset bravado. Most years, he is on ok dude.

I'll root for texas in their bowlgame... probably.

Jacie
12/3/2013, 11:51 AM
The bears/whorns game is a coming together of an incredible set of circumstances.

Seriously, how many college football fans who don't bleed orange thought they had a snowball's chance of winning the Big XII after a 1-2 start? But here we are, and Mack is a game away from actually winning that rare commodity, a conference championship.

As an aside, a lot of sa*et fans are praying in event of a win, he steps down on a high note rather than continue as head coach . . .

Baylor's ride has been just as incredible, coming in with a single loss (remember, they went 8-5 last year losing to the likes of Iowa State among others).

The joker in the deck is OUr game with lOSUr, the one team to beat both of them. How ironic that both BU and UT fans are in the position of wanting an OU win so that one or the other could secure sole possession of first place.

From OUr perspective, this one is just impossible to call.

Oh wait, sa*et is playing, Go Bears!

olevetonahill
12/3/2013, 12:08 PM
Bears. No question. Notwithstanding Sic'em's onset bravado. Most years, he is on ok dude.

Not!

birddog
12/3/2013, 12:11 PM
Easiest question I've ever answered. Whorns are whorns. Gross.

SoonerMachine
12/3/2013, 12:17 PM
Never root for texas...

SoonerStormchaser
12/3/2013, 12:27 PM
Never root for texas...

Except against Ohio State

SanJoaquinSooner
12/3/2013, 12:36 PM
anybody but texas

Jason White's Third Knee
12/3/2013, 12:38 PM
I am always of the mind that texas should be a one loss team at the end of the year, with that one loss being an utter dismantling at the hands of the Sooners. Years 2000-2004 were so fun to watch. All the hype. All the emotion and we destroy their title hopes. It was glorious.

Widescreen
12/3/2013, 12:48 PM

Said no true Sooner fan ever.

;)

badger
12/3/2013, 12:55 PM
Don't care, to be honest. I'd rather Sooners over everyone else

Jason White's Third Knee
12/3/2013, 01:35 PM
Said no true Sooner fan ever.

;)

I understand where you are coming from. I want our conference teams to do well and kick all of their asses. Then we get street cred. I am still being very selfish, I can assure you. :-D

ouduckhunter
12/3/2013, 02:15 PM
Bears, baby, bears!

SoonerInFortSmith
12/3/2013, 02:40 PM
is this what a rhetorical question looks like? i'm starting to understand the mentality around here.

Obviously every one else is ignoring you. But I'll take the troll bait. How is that a rhetorical question?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/3/2013, 02:58 PM
da' bears.

That whorn is even in the discussion is disgusting...silly thread, ain't it?

12/3/2013, 03:01 PM
"Never root for texas"
Except against Ohio State or orange aggy, or notre dame

12/3/2013, 03:03 PM
I am always of the mind that texas should be a one loss team at the end of the year, with that one loss being an utter dismantling at the hands of the Sooners. Years 2000-2004 were so fun to watch. All the hype. All the emotion and we destroy their title hopes. It was glorious.aaaaaah. normalcy is good

SoonerMachine
12/3/2013, 03:06 PM
The only team I used to root for (until they played us) was Nebraska - back in the Big 8 days.

SoonerMarkVA
12/3/2013, 03:59 PM
I understand where you are coming from. I want our conference teams to do well and kick all of their asses. Then we get street cred. I am still being very selfish, I can assure you. :-D

Yup. Agreed. We benefit from the XII being stronger than other conferences, and each of the teams being the best they can be.

SoonerMarkVA
12/3/2013, 04:00 PM
Obviously every one else is ignoring you. But I'll take the troll bait. How is that a rhetorical question?

Well, he did ask. Maybe he has no idea what a rhetorical question is.

Jack T.
12/3/2013, 04:57 PM
"Never root for texas" or orange aggy, or notre dame

or USC.

Da Bears!

SicEmBaylor
12/3/2013, 05:14 PM
Da Bears.

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2013, 05:16 PM
Da Bears.

There is no information content in that post.

picasso
12/3/2013, 05:18 PM
I'm pulling for the Russians.

12/3/2013, 05:45 PM
Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
"Never root for texas" or orange aggy, or notre dame
or USC.

the top 4, on my shi* list, for sure.

ouwasp
12/3/2013, 10:07 PM
Baptists all the way.

SoonerForLife92
12/3/2013, 10:13 PM
da' bears.

That whorn is even in the discussion is disgusting after the national embarrassment they laid on the XII during non-conference.

This is so true. Out of conference schedules do not carry enough weight in college football. It's embarrassing to see Texas lose all those ooc games then we lose to them. Also it is embarrassing to college football as a whole for everyone to claim a team is hands down the best, bama of course (well not anymore), when they might as well of had 2 FCS teams on their schedule. Opening at VT is good but I mean cmon Saban quit complaining about people leaving your games until you schedule a powerhouse ooc game.

Peeb
12/3/2013, 10:39 PM
http://i.imgflip.com/57g7l.jpg

8timechamps
12/3/2013, 10:45 PM
Really, I just hope the game is for the outright title. If it is, then that means we took care of business earlier in the day.

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2013, 11:48 PM
This is so true. Out of conference schedules do not carry enough weight in college football. It's embarrassing to see Texas lose all those ooc games then we lose to them. Also it is embarrassing to college football as a whole for everyone to claim a team is hands down the best, bama of course (well not anymore), when they might as well of had 2 FCS teams on their schedule. Opening at VT is good but I mean cmon Saban quit complaining about people leaving your games until you schedule a powerhouse ooc game.

You sure do embarrass easily.

:black_eyed:

olevetonahill
12/3/2013, 11:53 PM
Well, he did ask. Maybe he has no idea what a rhetorical question is.

I dont think he has any idea what Anything is.

olevetonahill
12/3/2013, 11:54 PM
or USC.

Da Bears!

Yea when Saxet won their MNC I almost dint watch, I kept rooting for which ever D was on the field,

olevetonahill
12/3/2013, 11:55 PM
I'm pulling for the Russians.

Heh

SoonerForLife92
12/4/2013, 01:55 AM

Haha but do you not agree with this particular point though?

12/4/2013, 02:11 AM
http://i.imgflip.com/57g7l.jpgWhy 1)would you even want to be here? 2)would you think any Sooner fan would want the orange aggy to beat anyone, let alone tx?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/4/2013, 07:07 AM
Da Ditkas!
Da brats!
Da Jordans!
Da Bears!

Peeb
12/4/2013, 08:17 AM
Why 1)would you even want to be here? 2)would you think any Sooner fan would want the orange aggy to beat anyone, let alone tx?Thread is if OSU loses on Saturday- Baylor or Texas as champ? Not asking anybody to cheer for my Pokes. You get that the guy in the meme asking about texas is a 'bear'- right?

sendbaht
12/4/2013, 08:22 AM
I HAVE to confess. I rooted but not loudly for texas when they played usc...I hated that day....never have I ever rooted for texas and hope I do not ever have to do it again.. if it came down to us winning something like the big 12 if texas won a game...i'd root for them...crap...I hate to say that but would for OUr team.. GO BEARS!!!

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2013, 11:23 AM

Haha but do you not agree with this particular point though?

Not sure I understand it. You claim OOC schedules do not carry enough weight and then use the horns to show how playing tougher OOC opponents really hurt them. And it sure did carry enough weight for them because they have barely appeared in the top 25 even though they don't even look like the same team that lost those early games. Maybe you're saying teams that don't play tough OOC should be docked for the avoidance. They do get less credit in the computer score, and that's what put us in the title game over Auburn in '04. It's a small factor, but it comes into play if other scores are extremely close. Bottom line is that in the BCS system, an 'L' is devastating compared to the credit gained for playing a better team, so why risk it? Logistics come into play too. OOC games are scheduled years in advance and those teams may be very different in strength by the time you play them. Who would have thought Washington would go 0-12 in '08 when we played them? And then there are cancellations such as the one that had us filling in with Tennessee Chat. one year. It will be interesting to see if things change going to 4 team playoffs, but I doubt it. Going to 8 would be a huge change and SOS might be a much bigger factor than the pristine record.

Tear Down This Wall
12/4/2013, 06:39 PM
They both suck. But, there is no way in hell Texas will beat Baylor.

Oklahoma State will abuse us in the morning and Baylor will abuse Texas later.

We will win our 10th game in whatever Suck Bowl they put us in, and the majority of our fan base will be pacified.

BoulderSooner79
12/4/2013, 07:00 PM
They both suck. But, there is no way in hell Texas will beat Baylor.

Oklahoma State will abuse us in the morning and Baylor will abuse Texas later.

We will win our 10th game in whatever Suck Bowl they put us in, and the majority of our fan base will be pacified.

Since you have been predicting this for a while, you have had time to already be over it.

70sooner
12/5/2013, 01:45 PM
tuck fexas.

that is all....

Soonerjeepman
12/5/2013, 02:22 PM

yeah, I've seen some of his/her other posts...I just ignored him/her...put them in the dumba$$ category. I posted thinking it puts us Sooner fans in an unusual spot...the win would help the upstart bears or keep mac around.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/5/2013, 03:03 PM
tuck fexas.

that is all....

my thoughts

SoonerInFortSmith
12/5/2013, 04:26 PM

yeah, I've seen some of his/her other posts...I just ignored him/her...put them in the dumba$$ category. I posted thinking it puts us Sooner fans in an unusual spot...the win would help the upstart bears or keep mac around.

I totally understand, and it is a valid question. Apparently the troll is stuck under a bridge right now. I was hoping to help him look like the idiot he is.

Anyway, I hate the whorns and only have some contempt for the moldy bears. So I guess I would prefer Baylor win it given the circumstances.