PDA

View Full Version : Men take on Mercer (12/2) on ESPNU

8timechamps
12/2/2013, 06:34 PM
Tip off at 8:00 central.

Mercer hasn't exactly been a great team over the years, but they are expected to contend for the Atlantic Sun title this year, so this could end up as a "quality" win for the Sooners (if Mercer wins their conference). The Bears have a senior loaded squad (4 starting seniors) and are led by senior guard Langston Hall. Size shouldn't be an issue for OU in this game, as Mercer's size looks very similar to the Sooners. Ultimately, the Bears are out matched by the Sooners with their starting unit, but will really be outmatched when both teams go to the bench. OU should win this one by double digits, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Mercer hang around for a half.

Sooner95
12/2/2013, 08:24 PM
Yea, we shouldn't take them lightly, they'll come to play.

Soonerjeepman
12/2/2013, 11:05 PM
didn't get to watch it..followed it on gametracker...

good - we won, scored a lot
bad - gave up a ton of points

I'll watch it later...

Soonerjeepman
12/2/2013, 11:06 PM
Tip off at 8:00 central.

M, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Mercer hang around for a half.

second half..ugh~

birddog
12/2/2013, 11:14 PM
Always happy to see the boys win. I like the athleticism and depth even if we lack a lot of bulk down low. Woodard doesn't look like a freshman though he does play like one at times. Definitely a tourney team.

8timechamps
12/3/2013, 05:41 PM
second half..ugh~

Yeah, not the half I was expecting.

Fortunately, we played well enough in the first half to handle them, but we didn't look very good on defense in the second half. I think the big lead at halftime may have given us a little bit of a "we've got this" attitude. Not surprising, considering we're still young. I'd rather the team realize that was a mistake in a game like this, than to have a repeat of last year's Texas game.