PDA

View Full Version : It makes me angry

Jacie
12/1/2013, 02:24 PM
These are two stories about 85-year old Korean War veteran, Merrill Newman, now being held by the government of North Korea on charges of espionage.

The whole affair is outrageous, yet here we are, our government completely impotent, unable to do anything to help this man.

I realize the U.S. is not going to go to war over a single civilian but having no diplomatic relations or even anyway of sanctioning North Korea leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I hope no other American citizens are considering a tour in that country.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/21/world/asia/north-korea-detained-american/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/30/world/asia/north-korea-american-detained/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

SanJoaquinSooner
12/1/2013, 04:07 PM
Apparently there's not mandatory retirement for our spies.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/1/2013, 04:09 PM
No one should be going there. The entire govt of NK is whacked out!

That being said, I would like to sink a ship of theirs then ask if they want to reconsider letting that man go.

olevetonahill
12/1/2013, 04:24 PM
Should send Rodman over to ax kimjonghungwhacked or whatever to do him a solid and let the man go.

Turd_Ferguson
12/1/2013, 04:30 PM
Should send Rodman over to ax kimjonghungwhacked or whatever to do him a solid and let the man go.

That ****'n ******* would probably agree with kimjongstub...

KantoSooner
12/2/2013, 09:45 AM
Here's what we will do: spend oodles of time and money negotiating with the bunch of azzholes who run that country. (No, they're not crazy, they get pretty much what they want out of us.) Then we'll give them some concessions. Then he'll issue another meaningless, but annoying 'confession'. Then he goes home.

What won't happen: when he gets back here, his passport won't be seized and he won't be told he's about the stupidest SOB on the face of the planet for going there in the first place and confine the dumb bastard to his town for the balance of his days.

With something like 200 countries on the planet, what possible reason does an 85 year old heart patient have for going to NK? Especially one who served in armed combat against them. It's like some people think the whole world is Disneyland and somebody's going to be there to catch them when they trip over their own shoelaces.

I am sick and tired of watching our country have to kowtow to those evil morons because some 'pastor' or 'journalist' or 'adventure hiker' etc can't exercise simple common sense.

Now, let's fire the bearded ex-Governor of New Mexico up and send him over there to spring the geezer. The NK's seem to like him. Go figure.