PDA

View Full Version : any of y'all ever been in an Oklahoma prison or had a friend/relative in one?

SanJoaquinSooner
12/1/2013, 12:48 AM
I'm curious about what it's like in minimum security correctional centers in Oklahoma.

1. Do they get to watch OU football games on TV?

2. Do any of them get jobs or assignments that allow limited internet access?

3. Do they have lots of free/idle time where they're just sitting around - or are they kept busy doing stuff most of the time?

4. For minimum security prisons, besides not being able to leave, what's the worst thing about being there?

Please don't blow smoke out of your ******* with "I'm sure they can ...." or "I'm sure they can't ..." if you're just speculating.

Thanks. I'll take the answer off the air.

reflector
12/1/2013, 01:07 AM
I can honestly say that I have never been in an Oklahoma prison.

hawaii 5-0
12/1/2013, 02:02 AM
Twice my (at the time) softball teams scrimmaged against prisoners.

Once at OSP in McAlester. Once at Lexington.

They were nice folks.

To answer your question from my point of view the prisoners get easier treatment for good behavior.

5-0

olevetonahill
12/1/2013, 02:14 AM
I was a Guard at McAlester right after the riots in 73. They were on 24/7 lock down then.
Minimum now? No clue really, I can find out tomorrow More if Ya want me to. I do know the Lower the security rating the More freedoms the inmates have.
Sent ya a Peem on Ole Mabel lol
Let me know if I can help anymore.

MojoRisen
12/1/2013, 10:50 PM
You can buy a TV for your room and you get basic cable.

yermom
12/1/2013, 11:15 PM
I'm not 100% sure about Oklahoma, but a buddy of mine was in prison in Missouri and they had no internet, and he was in a pretty laxed area and worked in the library

They watched football if that is what most people wanted. Apparently the law and order/csi type shows were really popular

Jacie
12/2/2013, 08:16 AM
I was a Guard at McAlester right after the riots in 73.

The one organized by convicted murderer, Rex Brinlee, to cover his escape . . .

olevetonahill
12/2/2013, 08:30 AM
The one organized by convicted murderer, Rex Brinlee, to cover his escape . . .

Yup, Funny lookin dude.

KantoSooner
12/2/2013, 09:37 AM
Big Mac, to see death row and interview inmates for a law school project. Don't know the answers to your questions and that was close to 30 years ago, anyway.
They did have an awesome collection of shivs, ropes, fake guns etc confiscated by guards over the years. Some fine craftsmanship there.

C&CDean
12/2/2013, 10:10 AM
Got a cousin serving life at Lexington. I live just a couple miles away. I have never gone to visit him, nor will I. He's a murdering POS. My mom has visited him several times and always comes back with "poor Pat" stories. Meh. Eff him.

Got another cousin serving life in Nevada. Same deal. Eff him too.

SanJoaquinSooner
12/2/2013, 06:01 PM
You can buy a TV for your room and you get basic cable.

From the pictures I saw of Eddie Warrior Correctional Center in Taft (for women), it appeared there were several sets of bunk beds all in a large room - not separate cells. I didn't see any TVs in the pictures.

Similar to this:

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1419/905758435_812cd843eb.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
12/2/2013, 06:02 PM
Got a cousin serving life at Lexington. I live just a couple miles away. I have never gone to visit him, nor will I. He's a murdering POS. My mom has visited him several times and always comes back with "poor Pat" stories. Meh. Eff him.

will either be eligible for parole at some point, with a reasonable change of it being granted?

olevetonahill
12/2/2013, 08:31 PM
will either be eligible for parole at some point, with a reasonable change of it being granted?

A guy I served with in Nam is doing LWO in Ohio State Pen
I last saw him in 71 he went up in 73.Wont EVER breath Free air .

I thot you told me she was in Mabel Bassett !

mojorisen2014
12/3/2013, 01:29 AM

Sounds like your family doesn't take any sh!t

badger
12/3/2013, 01:14 PM
From the pictures I saw of Eddie Warrior Correctional Center in Taft (for women), it appeared there were several sets of bunk beds all in a large room - not separate cells. I didn't see any TVs in the pictures.

Similar to this:

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1419/905758435_812cd843eb.jpg

A lot of prisons are like this now, not Shawshank Redemption dorm style. Overcrowding even put some that used to be like Shawshank down to stuff like this:
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-06/54285090.jpg

Tulsa_Fireman
12/3/2013, 05:41 PM
I'm curious about what it's like in minimum security correctional centers in Oklahoma.

Buttsex.

Tons and tons of buttsex.

jkjsooner
12/4/2013, 12:12 PM
I grew up in a town with a medium security prison. My dad took me to get a haircut there as a little kid - really freaked me out with the tatted prisoners holding scissors up to my head.

Later I went to see it with a neighbor who worked there. I think some had TV's. Remember one guy looking at us and going into the cell and the guard enabled a microphone in his cell and he was talking about my neighbor's daughter's breasts. :-)

Dad used to work in the private prison in Sayre. He said they could have a TV but only one model that had clear plastic molding and Internet was absolutely not allowed. (Maybe in the library under close scrutiny but not sure about that.)

C&CDean
12/4/2013, 12:57 PM

The cousin in Lex just had another parole hearing a few months back. No way, no how. He'll never get out, and even if he did, he's not capable of functioning. He's riding a wheelchair, got the diabetes, and wouldn't know the first thing about getting a job, etc.

He's also got some fairly serious mitigating factors - like after he killed the neighbor for allegedly taking some potshots at him, he burned his own parents' house down trying to burn up the murder weapon - and almost died in the fire he set because he's so stupid he poured gas all over and stood in the middle of it and lit a ****ing match.

My cousin in Nevada went up when he was 19 for life without parole and he'll never see the outside. He is probably close to my age (mid-50s now). He wasn't stupid like my other cousin though. He's just a cold-blooded killer without a conscience. Got all into the nazi crap.