View Full Version : auburn - alabama

OUinFLA
11/30/2013, 07:28 PM
most exciting finsh I have ever seen

1 second left, tie game

missed fg by bama is run back by auburn 108 yds for winning td

Temujin
11/30/2013, 07:35 PM
LMAO, the funniest thing, to me, is that Saban didn't see that coming. Seriously? I knew they were setting up the return before they took the timeout. Unbelievable. As great a coach as Saban is, that loss is 100% on him for not being prepared for that. I mean, seriously, did you honestly think they took the timeout to ice THAT kicker on a 57-yd FG? Wow...

And the IRON-y of it all? They challenged the ruling on the sideline to get the extra second on the clock...

L.
M.
A.
O.

Soonerjeepman
11/30/2013, 07:39 PM
unbelievable finish...wow.

SoonerMachine
11/30/2013, 07:43 PM
Strange call... even stranger ending!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/30/2013, 07:50 PM
Best Line -> They aren't stopping that. Alabama has all fat guys on the field

soonergirlNeugene
11/30/2013, 07:56 PM
This was a funny one for me. Though I'm getting a little tired of the SEC, I do normally root for Bama to win. This time though, I was rooting for a friend of mine who used to play defense for Auburn back in the 80s. He has advanced stage cancer and the last time I heard from him (which was about 3 weeks ago), his doctor didn't give him long to live. He didn't say exactly how long, and hasn't been returning anyone's calls for the past couple of weeks. I know he has season tickets though and normally never misses a game. If he's still breathing though, I know he's out there on that field right now. If he wasn't there tonight, his spirit certainly was. So for the rest of this season at least, I'll be cheering for him. Go Tigers!

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2013, 07:57 PM
Best Line -> They aren't stopping that. Alabama has all fat guys on the field

It was worse than that. He said they had no athletes on the field - all fat guys. Pretty bad for an announcer to say.

Soonerfossil
11/30/2013, 08:17 PM
That is truly the most exciting finish I have ever witnessed. I didn't have a dog in the fight, but am so tired of 'Bama and all the hype they get. For once, how rewarding to see King Saban have his crown knocked off his head, for something he could have controlled. It really made no sense at all to attempt a 57 yard field goal by a freshman kicker who had never come close to that range. There was a better chance at pulling off a score via a Hail Mary than that 57 yard attempt.

Sometimes, no matter how good you are and how much you have your **** in one sock and packed down, you can still lose. I'm glad for Auburn, they never gave up.

fadada1
11/30/2013, 08:41 PM
Lots of questionable calls by Saban in the last 10 minutes. Going for a 57 yard field goal was dumber than not having someone fast on the field for the "just in case" scenario that happened.

On a side note.... what a game. Same with mich/osu.

lexsooner
11/30/2013, 09:19 PM
Auburn deserves to jump over Ohio St. in the polls and BSC. Ohio State has played nobody and barely beat a mediocre Michigan team after giving up 41 pts. Man, Michigan has some slow defensive players. Big Ten football.

Soonerus
11/30/2013, 09:27 PM
Saban's fault...overpaid...

Temujin
11/30/2013, 10:10 PM
Auburn deserves to jump over Ohio St. in the polls and BSC. Ohio State has played nobody and barely beat a mediocre Michigan team after giving up 41 pts. Man, Michigan has some slow defensive players. Big Ten football.

I was kinda hoping to watch Florida State curb-stomp an SEC team in the MNC. Who knows, we might still get to see it.

EatLeadCommie
11/30/2013, 10:21 PM

Auburn needed a miracle to beat UGA. They don't deserve to jump OSU

SoonerDomiNation
11/30/2013, 10:34 PM
I bet bama still worms their way into the championship.....god I hope not

fadada1
11/30/2013, 10:54 PM
I think bama losing gives notre dame a legit shot at returning to the championship game... even with the Stanford loss.

soonergirlNeugene
11/30/2013, 10:57 PM
lol

Plexis22
11/30/2013, 10:58 PM
Auburn-FSU in the championship. Alabama makes a BCS bowl as an at large, possibly against Ohio State.

lexsooner
11/30/2013, 11:15 PM
Auburn needed a miracle to beat UGA. They don't deserve to jump OSU

Auburn will still have to get by No. 5 Missouri. If they win the SEC title game, they will be in the championship game. Beating No. 1 and 5 in consecutive weeks will earn it for them.

Turd_Ferguson
11/30/2013, 11:16 PM
I just wanna see the bucknuts get their *** stomped in the ground...

Sooner in the Bluegrass
11/30/2013, 11:33 PM
[whorn fan]Here's what really happened: Saban deliberately threw this game, so that the Bama fanbase will be less likely to be quite as angry when he announces that he's stepping down to go to UT![/whorn fan].

If someone in delusional burnt orange land hasn't already advanced the above conspiracy theory, just give it time. One of them is bound to say this sometime in the next 48 hours.

nighttrain12
12/1/2013, 01:12 AM
most exciting finsh I have ever seen1 second left, tie game

missed fg by bama is run back by auburn 108 yds for winning td

Did you not see the OU/OSU game last season?

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2013, 01:23 AM
Did you not see the OU/OSU game last season?

That was good for us homers, but not quite as much on the line as today.

Temujin
12/1/2013, 01:28 AM
[whorn fan]Here's what really happened: Saban deliberately threw this game, so that the Bama fanbase will be less likely to be quite as angry when he announces that he's stepping down to go to UT![/whorn fan].

If someone in delusional burnt orange land hasn't already advanced the above conspiracy theory, just give it time. One of them is bound to say this sometime in the next 48 hours.

I have no doubt. "Austin weird" isn't just a saying in that town...it's borne into the populous and stains every delusional thought that eventually oozes out their goo-traps. How those people can find enough brain cells to rub together to walk straight is a mystery to me.