PDA

View Full Version : nobody is watching the iron bowl?

yermom
11/30/2013, 07:27 PM
Wow. What a game by allbarn

SoonerorLater
11/30/2013, 07:29 PM
Unbelievable. What a finish.

SCSoonerfan
11/30/2013, 07:30 PM
Amazing finish.

olevetonahill
11/30/2013, 07:30 PM
Iu got to watch the last few minutes , Loved it.

Mac94
11/30/2013, 07:32 PM
You realize that this is just to torture Bama haters. Bama loses in November again ... the second time it knocks them out of the SEC title game ... BUT ... they will only fall to #4.

A&M knocks off Mizzou to send S. Carolina to face Auburn ... then chaos ensures. Florida St will beat Duke and go into the BCS title game #1 ... but the Gamecocks will take down Auburn and Michigan St will upset Ohio St in their respective title games. And whose sitting there at #4 ... yup ... Bama. Bama will ride the upset wave ... again ... into the BCS title game.

Then after the ACC championship the Winston legal trouble will begin to really swirl and Bama will knock off a distracted FSU squad to claim #3.

And if all this happens it will prove Saban has a deal with the Devil.

landrun
11/30/2013, 07:33 PM
Bama tried the ole' texas trick of getting an extra second put back on the clock and it bit them in the butt!!!

Greatest finish ever!!!

landrun
11/30/2013, 07:35 PM
99 yard TD pass was one-uped by the Auburn 109 field goal return for a TD. Too funny!!! :)

Mac94
11/30/2013, 07:36 PM
they had a top ten of greatest SEC finishes in the history of the league on a few weeks ago ... I think they'll have to redo the list with Auburn now owning #1 and #2 ... the miracle catch against Georgia and now this ... wow.

SoonerCLF
11/30/2013, 07:37 PM
Incredible ending!

I was shocked that Saban went for the FG there. Maybe he didn't want to go into OT on the road and went for the long odds with a not so great kicker.

Judge Smails
11/30/2013, 07:39 PM
Stunned Alabamians. LOL.

Plexis22
11/30/2013, 07:40 PM
So if Auburn wins the SEC title game are they BCS championship bound vs either FSU or Ohio State?

SoonerorLater
11/30/2013, 07:41 PM
The Tide got rolled.

Mac94
11/30/2013, 07:42 PM
They will need Ohio St to lose to Michigan St or FSU to Duke ... ok ... that last one ain't happening. The BCS rankings the next few weeks will be interesring

landrun
11/30/2013, 07:42 PM
Auburn. Two TDs in the last minute of the game. :)

SCSoonerfan
11/30/2013, 07:43 PM
You realize that this is just to torture Bama haters. Bama loses in November again ... the second time it knocks them out of the SEC title game ... BUT ... they will only fall to #4.

A&M knocks off Mizzou to send S. Carolina to face Auburn ... then chaos ensures. Florida St will beat Duke and go into the BCS title game #1 ... but the Gamecocks will take down Auburn and Michigan St will upset Ohio St in their respective title games. And whose sitting there at #4 ... yup ... Bama. Bama will ride the upset wave ... again ... into the BCS title game.

Then after the ACC championship the Winston legal trouble will begin to really swirl and Bama will knock off a distracted FSU squad to claim #3.

I was just discussing this same scenario with my wife. All will fall into place they will get in. Hopefully though the FSU boosters have more money than the Bama Boosters so they can hold off the legal troubles until after the championship game.

soonergirlNeugene
11/30/2013, 07:44 PM
I've never seen that before. Was watching it w/ someone who knows nothing about football and he's all huh, well that's neat. Meanwhile I am losing my mind next to him on the couch. XD

yermom
11/30/2013, 07:50 PM
it wouldn't be the first time Bama backed into the championship game in the last couple years

i can't believe i'm pulling for Mizzou right now

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2013, 07:51 PM

I was thinking the same thing. And FSU won't just be distracted - they'll be without Winston and their 2nd string guy is out with torn ACL. Cake-walk. I just hope tOSU can beat MSU and lock-out any SEC team.

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2013, 07:52 PM
it wouldn't be the first time Bama backed into the championship game in the last couple years

i can't believe i'm pulling for Mizzou right now

Just think of it as pulling against Manziel. :cocksure:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/30/2013, 07:52 PM

I don't even think that Ohio State/FSU/Auburn will have to lose for them to lobby them ahead of everyone else. They were already talking about it after the game.

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2013, 07:55 PM
I don't even think that Ohio State/FSU/Auburn will have to lose for them to lobby them ahead of everyone else. They were already talking about it after the game.

Auburn/Bama rematch. SEC! SEC!

SoonerorLater
11/30/2013, 09:07 PM
Here's the spin....Alabama loses which just goes to show how tough the SEC is top to bottom.

bluedogok
11/30/2013, 09:48 PM
I've never seen that before. Was watching it w/ someone who knows nothing about football and he's all huh, well that's neat. Meanwhile I am losing my mind next to him on the couch. XD
I think they said it is only the fourth time it has happened in college, I have seen it happen a few times in the NFL.

Temujin
11/30/2013, 10:17 PM

The funny thing is that I'm watching them line up for the FG BEFORE the timeout and I'm screaming - they're going to run it back! Then after the timeout they STILL line up for the FG that's WAY out of that kicker's range, and I'm thinking - is Saban SERIOUSLY not paying attention? Sure enough, he was completely unprepared for it. Mind boggling.

Temujin
11/30/2013, 10:21 PM
I was thinking the same thing. And FSU won't just be distracted - they'll be without Winston and their 2nd string guy is out with torn ACL. Cake-walk. I just hope tOSU can beat MSU and lock-out any SEC team.

I was actually hoping to see FSU blow up an SEC team this year. Just to shut them up about this superiority complex that they have over there. It's surprising they haven't gotten over that crap after watching teams that were mediocre in the Big 12 walk all over their best teams 2 years in a row now.

soonergirlNeugene
11/30/2013, 10:40 PM
ESPN was talking about it before the game. I saw a segment on it last week.

BoulderSooner79
11/30/2013, 11:41 PM
I was actually hoping to see FSU blow up an SEC team this year. Just to shut them up about this superiority complex that they have over there. It's surprising they haven't gotten over that crap after watching teams that were mediocre in the Big 12 walk all over their best teams 2 years in a row now.

I think it all depends on the Winston thing. I think they would be crippled without him. I'd rather see the SEC teams locked out. If Auburn or Mizzou lose in the title game, the SEC fans would get over it. If they get locked out of the game, the fans from every team in the conference will be butthurt for an entire year. People never get over the feeling of injustice, so that would be sweet.

Now that Mizzou has won their game, I can't see Bama getting back in over the SEC winner. So their only hope is both tOSU and FSU spitting the bit.

nighttrain12
12/1/2013, 01:16 AM
Bama tried the ole' texas trick of getting an extra second put back on the clock and it bit them in the butt!!!

Greatest finish ever!!!

I'm not ragging on you (necessarily) but I think I have heard that phrase after about 10 different games this year so far. Heck, Westbrook making that 3 with 0.1 seconds left on Friday night to win it for the Thunder could just as easily be the 'greatest finish ever'.

Temujin
12/1/2013, 02:58 AM
I think it all depends on the Winston thing. I think they would be crippled without him. I'd rather see the SEC teams locked out. If Auburn or Mizzou lose in the title game, the SEC fans would get over it. If they get locked out of the game, the fans from every team in the conference will be butthurt for an entire year. People never get over the feeling of injustice, so that would be sweet.

Now that Mizzou has won their game, I can't see Bama getting back in over the SEC winner. So their only hope is both tOSU and FSU spitting the bit.

Yeah, but the problem is that very thing is what led to all the BCS changes - after Miami didn't get into the MNC game in 2000, after USC didn't make the game in 2003, and after Auburn didn't make the 2004 MNC. As a result of those choices, the BCS "gurus" decided to minimize the computers (the ONLY NON-biased part of the BCS equation) so that the media go back to doing what they did all those decades prior to the BCS - simply elect who they want as chumpion...not who deserved to be there. Since then what wonders have we experienced?

2006 MNC pairing - Sure, Michigan lost a thriller at *uckeye stadium, but it was an extremely close game and it was Michigan's only loss. Florida inched in despite the computers giving Michigan the slight nod, because the voters didn't want a rematch, and didn't think that a team that didn't win its conference should be in the game. How ironic, considering recent history (which we'll get to in a moment).
2007 MNC pairing - In a year where no one really wanted to play for the title, the polls picked LSU to face the *uckeyes in the MNC. They were chosen over teams like OU (which beat the previous week's #1 team, and soundly, for the 2nd time), West Virginia, even an undefeated Hawaii.
2008 MNC pairing - Seemed to be a good pairing, right? OU vs. Florida. The problem? Changing the BCS formula to be more "human" gave rise to "style" points and lobbying. In the end, Texas and ESPN launched a media blitz to try and squeeze in the Bevos ahead of OU. Despite OU holding a significant advantage in the computer rankings, Texas almost inched ahead in the final poll.
2009 MNC pairing - Alabama vs. Texas. This seems reasonable, considering both were undefeated. But sitting on the outside were other undefeated teams like Cincinnati, Boise State, and TCU. The media wimped out and put TCU and Boise together, and they played an interesting 17-10 game, with Boise icing the game with another trick play. I'm not certain the computers would've chosen a different matchup here, but there's no way in hell the voters would have made any other choice anyway.
2010 MNC pairing - This was the culmination of all the dumb decisions that led to the abomination that has now become the BCS - Alabama vs. LSU. Up until now, no one wanted a rematch in the BCS. Up until now, no one wanted a team that didn't win its conference in the BCS. Why the change in thinking? Oh, it's because it's the almighty SEC that's involved. Guess who the computers picked as #2? That would be OSU. Stanford also gets shut out. ESPN wins, everyone else loses.

This is why I hate the BCS as it stands now. It's been a farce ever since they marginalized the computers and reduced to a popularity contest. Complicating this whole scenario even further is the fact that the predominant media force in the country has a prime contract with the SEC. This contract obligates it to push an agenda that benefits the SEC more than any other school or conference. The SEC recruits better? Bull****. Rather, ESPN recruits FOR the SEC - what kid doesn't want to be on an ESPN highlight reel? Hell, everyone KNOWS you won't see as many highlights from the other conferences, and kids know this too. ESPN is no different than the Bonghorn network, except that it recruits for an entire conference instead of a single school. And it'll only get worse in the playoff years, until someone steps up and realizes how unethical the whole arrangement is.

So, that's why I'd rather see a non-SEC team spank the hell out of an SEC school. I'd much rather see them humiliated on the prime stage for everyone to see. Let ESPN twist in their ****-stained shorts when a non-SEC team drums them out of the stadium. Let the SEC-chanting ******rockets explain their way out of why their almighty team got bounced by a team from a "lesser" conference.

Sorry, didn't mean to take it out on you, bro...but the SEC subject just gets me a little worked up. ;)

Sooner-In-The-Swamp
12/1/2013, 09:11 AM
I think they said it is only the fourth time it has happened in college, I have seen it happen a few times in the NFL.

I saw Devin Hester do it against the Giants back in 2006. It was incredible. Hester caught it and just walked kinda slow for about 2 seconds and then took off. As a Bears fan, it was a great moment.

stoopified
12/1/2013, 09:18 AM
The funny thing is that I'm watching them line up for the FG BEFORE the timeout and I'm screaming - they're going to run it back! Then after the timeout they STILL line up for the FG that's WAY out of that kicker's range, and I'm thinking - is Saban SERIOUSLY not paying attention? Sure enough, he was completely unprepared for it. Mind boggling.Clearly Saban summoned his inner Les Miles to make that bonehead call.It is tied,go to OT and win.

soonerhubs
12/1/2013, 09:27 AM
For the record, I think the Auburn AD should pound sand. These Arrogant *******s still lost to a ****ty, 3-loss LSU team.
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/24306329/auburn-ad-disservice-to-nation-if-sec-champ-tigers-left-out

SouthFortySooner
12/1/2013, 09:32 AM
Next year all the angst will be surrounding who is ranked #5. Cause surely they could have beaten ANY of the 4 teams in the playoff.

SoonerorLater
12/1/2013, 09:37 AM
For the record, I think the Auburn AD should pound sand. These Arrogant *******s still lost to a ****ty, 3-loss LSU team.
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/24306329/auburn-ad-disservice-to-nation-if-sec-champ-tigers-left-out

You are not getting with the SEC talking points. Auburn didn't LOSE to LSU. No. LSU WON against the best team in the SEC, once again proving how tough the SEC is top to bottom and demonstrating how incredibly unfair it would be to America if a one loss SEC Team wasn't put in over an undefeated team from another conference.

SoonerorLater
12/1/2013, 09:40 AM
Next year all the angst will be surrounding who is ranked #5. Cause surely they could have beaten ANY of the 4 teams in the playoff.

This why a playoff in NCAA Football as it is now is such a joke. How do all the proponents of a playoff think the top four teams are going to be selected?

soonerhubs
12/1/2013, 09:58 AM
You are not getting with the SEC talking points. Auburn didn't LOSE to LSU. No. LSU WON against the best team in the SEC, once again proving how tough the SEC is top to bottom and demonstrating how incredibly unfair it would be to America if a one loss SEC Team wasn't put in over an undefeated team from another conference.

:)

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2013, 10:32 AM
Yeah, but the problem is that very thing is what led to all the BCS changes -

Sorry, my attention span doesn't allow me to read that much. I just said I'll be glad of the southeast section of the country goes all butthurt for a year. I welcome as much BCS controversy as we can get in the final year. Bitchin', whining' and moaning' from all the states that would still vote for slavery if it came up would be grand. And as others have pointed out, going to 4 teams just means mega angst for number #5 (and #6 and #7 too). With more teams in the playoff there will be plenty of SEC teams taking a beating in our future, so I'd just like to enjoy their absence this time :P :P