PDA

View Full Version : Jim Tressel update

badger
11/29/2013, 01:58 PM
And yes I know it's not Sooner related, but its a holiday week(end):

Link (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10042414/former-ohio-state-buckeyes-coach-jim-tressel-embracing-life-second-career-instructor-akron-university)

Cliff's Notes version: He's a student recruiter with a veep title that also teaches a course on coaching. It doesn't sound like he coaches Akron football, even from a distance.

He still has a five-year show-cause penalty hanging over his heads, but given the state of some once-proud now-desperate programs around the country, they would probably want Jim Tressel winning with whatever penalty strings attached there are, rather than taking their chances that Frank/Bo Solich will control his temper.

Schools right now that probably long for Tress-ball:
- Michigan
- Illinois
- Nebraska
- Arkansas
- Kentucky
- Florida

The USCs and Texases of the world probably think they can hire someone better with no NCAA breathing down their necks, but a few others are probably willing to reach a bit farther for some football glory. Would Michigan really hire Tressel? Sweater vests come in blue, too

OUinFLA
11/29/2013, 02:24 PM
too hot for sweaters in fla most of the season

SoonerorLater
11/29/2013, 02:24 PM
Yep Tressel would be a magnet for scrutiny so maybe a program that doesn't have much swept under the rug would hire him. I have a feeling Nebraska may be in the Market for a HC in the not too distant future. Tressel just looks like a coach NU could embrace.

Scott D
11/29/2013, 09:08 PM
I can guarantee you that no, Michigan wouldn't want Tressel-ball now or any other time.

Collier11
11/30/2013, 02:02 AM
And yes I know it's not Sooner related, but its a holiday week(end):

Link (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10042414/former-ohio-state-buckeyes-coach-jim-tressel-embracing-life-second-career-instructor-akron-university)

Cliff's Notes version: He's a student recruiter with a veep title that also teaches a course on coaching. It doesn't sound like he coaches Akron football, even from a distance.

He still has a five-year show-cause penalty hanging over his heads, but given the state of some once-proud now-desperate programs around the country, they would probably want Jim Tressel winning with whatever penalty strings attached there are, rather than taking their chances that Frank/Bo Solich will control his temper.

Schools right now that probably long for Tress-ball:
- Michigan
- Illinois
- Nebraska
- Arkansas
- Kentucky
- Florida

The USCs and Texases of the world probably think they can hire someone better with no NCAA breathing down their necks, but a few others are probably willing to reach a bit farther for some football glory. Would Michigan really hire Tressel? Sweater vests come in blue, too

Arky and Kentucky have 1st year coaches, Michigan seems to be firmly behind Hoke, so your list is half ok :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/30/2013, 12:39 PM
Let's give poor Mark Stoops a chance there at KY, puh-leeze!