PDA

View Full Version : Keith Ford cleared to play against OSU

8timechamps
11/27/2013, 07:33 PM
Heupel confirmed Keith Ford has been cleared to practice this week (and next), and will be available to play at OSU.

If you didn't know, Ford hurt an ankle a few weeks ago (thus his absence). Sounds like he's healed enough to play.

With Williams off the team, and the running defense expected to be tougher than K-State, we should see Ford play.

BoulderSooner79
11/27/2013, 07:54 PM
I'll file that under "good news".

FirstandGoal
11/27/2013, 10:36 PM
Great news. Now if Bob will actually put him in...

sendbaht
11/28/2013, 07:56 AM
Ford is one good player...we will see a lot of him in the future.

Boomer.....
11/28/2013, 11:14 AM
Great! The more depth, the better.

OU GENO
11/28/2013, 11:21 AM
I would like to see Alex Ross get more snaps!

swardboy
11/28/2013, 07:45 PM
When will AD get over that high ankle sprain?

8timechamps
11/28/2013, 08:06 PM
I would like to see Alex Ross get more snaps!

In about 9 months, you'll be seeing a lot of both.

stoopified
11/28/2013, 10:05 PM
We need at least two rb's who can run with power to hammer that Puke D. Clay seemed gassed the whole second half vs. K-STATE.

8timechamps
11/28/2013, 11:28 PM
We need at least two rb's who can run with power to hammer that Puke D. Clay seemed gassed the whole second half vs. K-STATE.

I think a lot of that had to do with how much he ran the first half, and the fact that he's not seen anywhere near that many carries in a game. Two weeks off should help. However, I would be completely shocked if we don't see Clay, Finch and Ford against OSU. Clay is a smooth, patient runner, but there were times against K-State where I'm sure Stoops/Heupel would have loved to have Williams in to pick up the hard yards. Having Ford in the mix will alleviate that concern.

stoopified
11/29/2013, 12:06 AM
I think a lot of that had to do with how much he ran the first half, and the fact that he's not seen anywhere near that many carries in a game. Two weeks off should help. Exactly,which is why we need another horse at rb. I was startled that Finch wasn't used more at KSU to spell Clay.I think in order to win we need to run and control the clock,keep the oSu offense off the field. I think all three RBs will be needed.

8timechamps
11/29/2013, 12:16 AM
Exactly,which is why we need another horse at rb. I was startled that Finch wasn't used more at KSU to spell Clay.I think in order to win we need to run and control the clock,keep the oSu offense off the field. I think all three RBs will be needed.

Ross may even get a few carries. If he does, that's a good sign that we are controlling the clock.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/29/2013, 12:20 AM
I hope we have 50 rushes and 20 passes again. That's a good ratio.

SoonerMarkVA
11/29/2013, 05:29 PM
Now if Ford will just hold on to the ball.

SoonerorLater
11/29/2013, 06:03 PM
Why is it that just about any discussion about Clay on these boards always has a decidedly lukewarm feeling?

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2013, 06:32 PM
Why is it that just about any discussion about Clay on these boards always has a decidedly lukewarm feeling?

Did you miss the Clay appreciation thread? :) We're gotten 2 very good years from Clay. I do agree we need another back in the rotation given the limited number of carries/situations in which the coaches are willing to use Finch (and I agree with them). I don't think Clay was gassed the entire 2nd half last week as suggested by stoopified, but he certainly was the last couple of series. It would have helped to have Ford or Ross take 6-8 carries.

SoonerorLater
11/29/2013, 07:22 PM
Did you miss the Clay appreciation thread? :) We're gotten 2 very good years from Clay. I do agree we need another back in the rotation given the limited number of carries/situations in which the coaches are willing to use Finch (and I agree with them). I don't think Clay was gassed the entire 2nd half last week as suggested by stoopified, but he certainly was the last couple of series. It would have helped to have Ford or Ross take 6-8 carries.

I did notice that thread. The one that quickly worked it's way toward the bottom of the board with about 13 replies. The one where I called him the Rodney Dangerfield of OU Football. Even in this thread he was referred to as a "smooth, patient runner". It reminds me of when somebody used to try to fix you up on a blind date with that girl who has a "great personality". I think the term is "damning with faint praise"

BoulderSooner79
11/29/2013, 07:34 PM
I did notice that thread. The one that quickly worked it's way toward the bottom of the board with about 13 replies. The one where I called him the Rodney Dangerfield of OU Football. Even in this thread he was referred to as a "smooth, patient runner". It reminds me of when somebody used to try to fix you up on a blind date with that girl who has a "great personality". I think the term is "damning with faint praise"

Yeah, and I don't understand it either, and I really enjoy watching him play. He's not another AD or DM, but few RBs are even at the NFL level.

shytnik
11/29/2013, 10:51 PM
I'm glad to see him back, tough runner. But I'm guessing he won't get many if any carries unless someone gets hurt.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/30/2013, 12:46 AM
I did notice that thread. The one that quickly worked it's way toward the bottom of the board with about 13 replies. The one where I called Clay the Rodney Dangerfield of OU Football. Even in this thread he was referred to as a "smooth, patient runner". It reminds me of when somebody used to try to fix you up on a blind date with that girl who has a "great personality". I think the term is "damning with faint praise"I have been one of Clay's biggest detractors, going back to his first year, and continuing through his second year. He used to inexplicably fall down a lot, and drop easy passes. It was said he is a good blocker, which earned him playing time. Also, not said as much, but I think his connection to others in California had something to do with extra playing time than he deserves...he DID play a lot better last year, especially the last few games of the season. And then, this year he has improved A LOT. He doesn't come down near as easily as he used to. IMO he's deserved the playing time he's received this year.

Do I think Finch has been used FAR too sparingly? yes, of course. I would certainly also like to see more of both Ford and Ross in this next(humper aggy) game.

8timechamps
12/1/2013, 10:14 PM

I referred to him as a "smooth, patient runner", because that's what I think he is, both of which are excellent qualities to have as a back.

Not sure if your post was directed at me, but I have been the most vocal Clay supporter on this site for his entire time at OU. The reason I was vocal (even when he was hardly seeing the field) is because my relationship with the Clay family goes back well prior to his time in Norman. What I think gets missed about Brennan is what an unbelievably outstanding player he is on, and off the field. He has been a stand up kid during his time at OU, a workhorse in the weight room and off-season programs and even when he lost playing time because the coaches brought in a JUCO back, he never wavered in his support of the team. It's too bad there is a portion of the fanbase that only now realize what a great player Clay is, but many of those same folks don't care enough to realize what a great person he is too.

Sooner70
12/7/2013, 08:00 PM
Did he play in the OSU game? I don't recall his number being called.

Bring me up to date.....what's the deal on D. Williams.....was he dismissed from the squad or just suspended? Others?

Soonerjeepman
12/7/2013, 08:08 PM
no Ford...williams was kicked off team...Finch had a carry or 2..Clay kicked butt

SoonerorLater
12/7/2013, 08:22 PM
I referred to him as a "smooth, patient runner", because that's what I think he is, both of which are excellent qualities to have as a back.

Not sure if your post was directed at me, but I have been the most vocal Clay supporter on this site for his entire time at OU. The reason I was vocal (even when he was hardly seeing the field) is because my relationship with the Clay family goes back well prior to his time in Norman. What I think gets missed about Brennan is what an unbelievably outstanding player he is on, and off the field. He has been a stand up kid during his time at OU, a workhorse in the weight room and off-season programs and even when he lost playing time because the coaches brought in a JUCO back, he never wavered in his support of the team. It's too bad there is a portion of the fanbase that only now realize what a great player Clay is, but many of those same folks don't care enough to realize what a great person he is too.

Sorry if if I misconstrued your post. You're right. Clay is just exactly the type of player OU needs to recruit. If all players had Clay's ability and work ethic we would be a national contender every year. I think OU Fans will realize after the fact what an exceptional player Clay has been for OU.

stoopified
12/7/2013, 08:29 PM
Apparently Bob said Ford was ready to psych out the Pukes. That is a good guess when you are lining up wr Shephard in the backfield and running him as an pitch back.