PDA

View Full Version : My eyes suck.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/26/2013, 08:10 PM
Is there any way to increase the font size on the iPhone app, so that I can read the damned thing?

olevetonahill
11/26/2013, 08:15 PM
Here ya go
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0yJKh1SzmEWjwHFX9prVlzW5jQ2_Eo Q8jdY-dRczflKGkixoZIQ

Turd_Ferguson
11/27/2013, 06:02 AM
http://www.wikihow.com/Change-The-Font-Size-on-an-iPhone

Soonerjeepman
11/27/2013, 11:52 AM
lol...gettin OLD sucks...eyes, knees, etc ...

stoopified
11/27/2013, 01:09 PM
Being legally blind I can't use a smart phone at all.The damn thing would need to be as big as a laptop.

8timechamps
11/27/2013, 07:48 PM
My eyes suck too (not legally blind though).

Two weeks ago, I bit the bullet and went in for a long overdue eye exam. As I suspected, I need glasses. So, I ordered two pair; one with progressive bifocals, and a dedicated pair to wear when reading/on the computer.

I have a question; I have never worn glasses. I've never needed them until now. So, how hard is it going to be to adjust to having them? Should I expect it to take a week, 2 weeks, a month to get adjusted?

lexsooner
11/27/2013, 08:01 PM
I don't think it will take long to adjust. When you first use them it will seem incredibly weird and you may get a headache, but I am thinking it should take no more than a week. Best of luck. I've worn them for years and my eyes are going thanks to years of reading and staring at computer screens.

FirstandGoal
11/27/2013, 10:51 PM
I had lasik done in '00 and my eyes were corrected to 20/15. The reason my eyesight went to **** in my 20's was because of multiple pregnancies and the hormonal shifts so once the procedure was done I was good to go.

Now I haven't been preggo since '97, but I my eyesight is starting to really suck again. I'm guessing this time I have no option but to blame it on old age (although the chemo 4 years ago sure didn't help)

This spring when I have to pick another health care plan I'm going to make sure I add vision to my plan so I can finally get them checked out and see how bad it truly is.
I will never wear glasses again though unless there just flat isn't another option.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/29/2013, 08:33 PM
http://www.wikihow.com/Change-The-Font-Size-on-an-iPhone

Oh, my text is massive when texting. Reading SF on the iPhone is VERY difficult. The font stays the same. It's like 6 point or something. When I text it is more like 14. The SF app doesn't respond to text size changes.

olevetonahill
11/29/2013, 10:55 PM
My eyes suck too (not legally blind though).

Two weeks ago, I bit the bullet and went in for a long overdue eye exam. As I suspected, I need glasses. So, I ordered two pair; one with progressive bifocals, and a dedicated pair to wear when reading/on the computer.

I have a question; I have never worn glasses. I've never needed them until now. So, how hard is it going to be to adjust to having them? Should I expect it to take a week, 2 weeks, a month to get adjusted?

Cant remember, Its been well over 20 years since I had to start using reading glasses. Never could get the hang of Bifocals .I keep mine handy all the Time. Hardly ever take em off unless Im going O/S or Not going to be doing any kind of readin

Soonerjeepman
11/30/2013, 08:04 PM
I had lasik done in '00 and my eyes were corrected to 20/15. The reason my eyesight went to **** in my 20's was because of multiple pregnancies and the hormonal shifts so once the procedure was done I was good to go.

Now I haven't been preggo since '97, but I my eyesight is starting to really suck again. I'm guessing this time I have no option but to blame it on old age (although the chemo 4 years ago sure didn't help)

This spring when I have to pick another health care plan I'm going to make sure I add vision to my plan so I can finally get them checked out and see how bad it truly is.
I will never wear glasses again though unless there just flat isn't another option.

good luck with that...