PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Hield

birddog
11/25/2013, 07:33 PM
Where do you think he ranks among your favorite Sooners? It looks like he could be a great leader and a guy that has that presence we've been missing since Hollis, forget about Blake, that's a given. He just seems like he's on a different level from the players we have typically put on the floor lately. He's very quick and creative. Seems like he could play for pretty much any team in the country. Is he the most talented and exciting player we've had as a guard since Hollis? Overall I love this team. Seem very unselfish and willing to work their arses off for LON. What do all 14 of the bball fans on here think buddy can do for us over the next 2 years? Woodard looks good, and cousins and hornbeak could give us something to enjoy for awhile. Cam scored 32, something I didn't think I'd ever see. So, eilson, ouskins, whoever else, can u give me an analysis on this team?All I know is they play hard and smart, which makes this team more fun to watch since Blake and Taylor where here.

King Crimson
11/25/2013, 08:29 PM
i like this team. Cam seems to have hit the weights.

still pretty early to be ranking Buddy on a my fave sooners list. i mean, chuckie barnett is one of my guys.

skeeter henry who was the best player in the nation for about 3 weeks.

kruger is worth what we are paying him. you get em Lon.

OUmillenium
11/25/2013, 09:54 PM
Post offense and defense will be a problem if we face physical teams like MSU. But many Big 12 teams will be smaller up and down teams that we should be able to handle. Shooting percentage will go a long way in determining success because we have solid D and rebounding...and create a few turnovers which has been rare in Sooner land for years. Also, I think we will be a great FT shooting team even though we werent great v MSU.

Buddy Hield = too early. Good athleticism

mojorisen2014
11/25/2013, 11:51 PM
I think next year will be a great year for Buddy. I freakin love this team though I wish we had Osby on this team.

badger
11/26/2013, 09:26 AM
I like when he steals the ball from the other team then scores points off turnovers

Boomer.....
11/26/2013, 09:45 AM
He's a fun, hard working player, but it's far too early to list him among greats or favorites of all time.

8timechamps
11/28/2013, 08:29 PM
Hield is not much of a vocal leader, however, he leads by example. The kid stays after every practice, and is a gym rat. Gotta love a kid like that.

Right now, he's my favorite player. But, Woodard is really making it a competition. Woodard is going to be a very, very good player in the next two years for us.

As far as our post game, I agree with OUmillenium, it could be a problem with good teams that have size inside, but I don't think we'll have to worry about that again until/unless we are in the tournament. This team is going to play guard heavy this year, but I like the talent on the floor. Next year, we'll be able to address the size issue a little better.

I love Cam Clark, but we'll probably never see another performance like he has against MSU. I think he can be a solid night in, night out player this year (and we will need that), but that could have been a one-time show he put on, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Soonerjeepman
11/29/2013, 10:40 AM
def getting there...but yes...

Tisdale, Seiger, Hollis, Mookie, Eduardo, Blake, Skeeter, King, even the 6'5 Williams out of KCK...dude took on some big centers and did well....had as KS said...axe handle wide a$$...

Eielson
12/1/2013, 04:41 PM
While I don't think Clark will have another performance like that, I wouldn't consider that performance a fluke. If you can drop 30+ points night in and night out against the top 5 teams, then you're probably going #1 in the draft. We expected Cam to be a stud when he was a freshman, but he's been inconsistent (and at times, just plain disappointing) the last two years. I think we're utilizing Clark a lot more this year like we did during his promising freshman year. He's certainly not going to be having MSU-esque performances every night, but he can average around 15 a game, and I'd be surprised if he didn't drop 30 another time or two this year.

I liked Hield, and was devastated to see him go down last year, but I'm not comparing him to people like Hollis or Blake. I'm not even going to say it's too early to tell. I don't think he'll ever be at that level. That's not to say he won't be a great player for us, but it's just not fair to compare him to those guys. Hollis led us to a Final Four and an Elite Eight (and wasn't it 3 Big XII Championships?), and Blake was a once in a lifetime kind of player.

hawaii 5-0
12/1/2013, 10:22 PM
Hield is good and fun to watch.

So are some others......Woodard, Cam, Cousins, even Spangler who is our best hope for a double double every night.

Booker shows a lot of promise when he learns more self control.

I love that the team is unselfish. And very young.

Lon? Booed him as a player. Praised him from the get-go as a coach. We're lucky.

5-0

8timechamps
12/2/2013, 06:37 PM
While I don't think Clark will have another performance like that, I wouldn't consider that performance a fluke. If you can drop 30+ points night in and night out against the top 5 teams, then you're probably going #1 in the draft. We expected Cam to be a stud when he was a freshman, but he's been inconsistent (and at times, just plain disappointing) the last two years. I think we're utilizing Clark a lot more this year like we did during his promising freshman year. He's certainly not going to be having MSU-esque performances every night, but he can average around 15 a game, and I'd be surprised if he didn't drop 30 another time or two this year.

I liked Hield, and was devastated to see him go down last year, but I'm not comparing him to people like Hollis or Blake. I'm not even going to say it's too early to tell. I don't think he'll ever be at that level. That's not to say he won't be a great player for us, but it's just not fair to compare him to those guys. Hollis led us to a Final Four and an Elite Eight (and wasn't it 3 Big XII Championships?), and Blake was a once in a lifetime kind of player.

I agree with that. Hield is a lot of fun to watch, and has some great moments, but I don't think he'll ever be a Blake/Hollis type contributor. In fact, I think Woodard is a better player (if not now, then soon). Love Cam Clark, and he has definitely stepped up his game this year (he hasn't had much choice given more playing time), I just hope he has a great year.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/3/2013, 10:29 AM
I think Buddy's the next Hollis. He's going to be here forever (it's going to feel like forever to other B12 teams) and he's going to be an all conference performer before he's done. Hopefully no dipsh!t whorns ruin his senior day.

This program's definitely building in the right direction. I can't wait until we get those big men in next year.

Eielson
12/4/2013, 09:23 PM
I think Buddy's the next Hollis. He's going to be here forever (it's going to feel like forever to other B12 teams) and he's going to be an all conference performer before he's done. Hopefully no dipsh!t whorns ruin his senior day.

This program's definitely building in the right direction. I can't wait until we get those big men in next year.

I love that we have a lot of players like Buddy on this team. Talented enough to play at a high level in the NCAA, but not talented enough to warrant entering the draft early. I kinda hate you right now for putting an awful image of TJ Ford smiling in my head, though.

birddog
12/4/2013, 10:00 PM

That's pretty much where my mind is. We've had "talent" since Hollis, just not a guy that sacrifices like he does. He just seems like a cornerstone player that we can build around. Woodard def doesn't look like a frosh. With him at point, buddy's got the tools to create and dish. I am really pleased with the character of this team and to me buddy is the guy that should get a lot of the credit.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/5/2013, 10:12 AM
I love that we have a lot of players like Buddy on this team. Talented enough to play at a high level in the NCAA, but not talented enough to warrant entering the draft early. I kinda hate you right now for putting an awful image of TJ Ford smiling in my head, though.

I kind of think the one and done rule helps a team like OU trying to build using players that aren't early entrants. The load up on talent thing certainly worked for Kentucky 2 years ago but for the most part they've flamed out against more experienced foes in the postseason. That's why you can get a team like Butler that can legitimately compete for the title with a senior laden team.